Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 31 reply threads

• Author

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

6/10.

Cannot afford to fall behind 2 scores early (again)

Establish the run early & often

Get to mahomes!

Bucs 31
      KC 30

• seekpar

Participant

Med-Hi say 7/10 GO BUCS!

• GermCanBuc

Participant

Confidence at 1000. Don’t see any way we (more specifically Brady) loses this game. Much like in 02, I think playing this game is a just formality. We won the SB when we beat the Aints. I’ve been saying it since the divisional round.

Obviously I hope our players and coaches aren’t going in to the game with this line of thinking, but as a fan, I’m allowing myself to think like this. I’ve held back all year on buying a Brady jersey (I’ve been waiting for them to release a Vapor Elite Alternate…..If they’re available at the team store at the stadium can somebody please tell me?), but I’ll be buying a Vapor Limited one as soon as the games over if (and when) we win tonight.

• Pennywise

Participant

Very little confidence
      Heart says bucs ,head says KC, I think secondary gets burned early ,and bucs play catch up all game and fall short by 4..similar to last game

• FsstNfurios

Participant

Have confidence don’t be a little bitch

• tiapanda

Participant

I have more confidence today than against the Saints or Packers. Much like in 2002 we
      exorcized our demons earlier in the playoffs. I just have a feeling that tonight this defense will be humming on all cylinders, and Vita Vea, our Polynesian nightmare from California, will become a bona fide superstar.

• BucsBraves8016

Participant

Tiapanda, I agree. This season is just like the 2002 season. Getting to the Super Bowl was the challenge. Beating the Aints and Packers was the hard part. We are healthy and the defense is going to destroy Kermit the Frog today. Just like I knew in 2002 we were going to whip the Raiders. Chiefs get beaten up and beaten down today. Bucs win comfortably by at least 2 TD’s.

• PatsfanrootingforBucs

Participant

66%…..lol That’s Brady SB win %. Chiefs are a tough team to defend. Brady has never started strong in a SB. He’s never had a first quarter TD, hard to believe. That needs to change today. Most these games seem to the a struggle getting things going offensively then it opens up 2nd half. No early mistakes, I’d prefer to stay away from the long ball. Long drives instead, best defense is a good offense. I don’t have alot of confidence this will happen though. The coaching still scares me….

75% of the country is picking KC, I like that. KC themselves seem very confident, cocky. The last game they got up early and then held on to victory. They are ripe for the taking.

• ryan24

Participant

I’m at about 1.5 out of 10. I just think it is a bad matchup for the Bucs and nobody hopes I’m wrong more than me.

• ryan24

Participant

I’m at about 1.5 out of 10. I just think it is a bad matchup for the Bucs and nobody hopes I’m wrong more than me.

This poster is not the man but received his wish.

• FLASH

Participant

No time to be a pussy fan. This is for a ring. Who cares what the MSM says. We know what we have here. This team is built to win a Super Bowl now.

FIRE ALL THE CANNONS! Kick ass Bucs!

• Trask Force

Participant

I’m going to say 55%. I don’t think the Chiefs can totally “scheme” your way out of a problem with the O-line. White and Winfield have to chase down those flashy run plays around the edge and Mahomes scrambling. They are going to try to get around the edge.

The guy I haven’t heard much chatter about is Devin White. He’s the guy who’s going to have to catch Mahomes before he can scramble his way to run for a first down or buy time to get somebody open downfield.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

I’m feeling good! I don’t know why, but just like someone said earlier, I’m more confident about this game than I was against the Saints or the Packers. I think as long as we don’t leave someone on an island with Hill again we’re going to be fine.

• xXIronLionBucFanXx

Participant

I was confident for the Packers and now the Chiefs.The real hump to get over was the Saints. Fire the cannons!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes, felt same; once they beat NO, felt they were going to win it all.

^^mtn^^
        since ’76

• Pewter Pirate

Participant

70% Bucs win. Would be 50/50 if Chiefs had healthy OL. This make shift O-line is much bigger problem than people realize. Not only sacks but there will be false starts and holding penalties that will kill Chiefs’ drives. They will have to change their entire offensive identity to scheme out if this problem for a full game.

• SaskBucs

Participant

High. I can feel the energy and intensity the D will have for this game all the way up in Canada. Go Bucs!

• Dave

Participant

Strange feeling today, obviously nervous but I feel more confident then I have all throughout the playoffs, including the game against Washington. Go Bucs!!!

• BucBalla85

Participant

Super bowl gameday! Let’s fucking go! Bucs need to win today for tampa!

• Tampa Bay Todd

Participant

Pretty confident. Know Bucs have the team to beat the Chiefs but it will take a great effort and game plan!

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

4/10… but that’s why they play the game!

#gobucs

• MichaelMyersIsABucsFan

Participant

4.5 out of 10. Patrick Mahomes is the best player in the game and it isn’t even close.

• Anonymous

Inactive

As long as they game plan cover 2 and quarters with adjustments, and with pressure from the front 4 with a few strategic blitzes thrown in, and the refs don’t blow it, Bucs win. 9/10

• Watchman

Participant

3.5/10

To be fair I was very concerned when they played WFT, thought they had no chance against the Saints, and believed A. Rodgers was going to prove a point after the Bucs embarrassed him in the regular season.

I will be rooting like hell, but believe KC will win.

My areas of optimism are:

Brady – this season whenever I have expected the Bucs to do Buc things (which we all are conditioned to at this point), Brady has been the difference.

Vea – I think his presence is a significant positive impact in the Bucs pass rush.

Playoff D – they have been playing better, I have to give them that.

• Vance

Participant

The KC OL is looking weak to me against our DL. I am not scared of there defense at all. Mahomes will have to do that 15 step drop all night. We had two week to prepare, no way they start out slow like every game before we faced the Chiefs in the season. We have more hungry players and our players do not want to see the Chiefs celebrate on our home field. They will play hard. The only thing that worries me is Mahomes running the football. I think Rojo and Fournette will finally pound the rock together. They both should be fresh.

7/10 for me

• TBChucky

Participant

60% Bucs. Should be a hell of a game!

• buc-in-out

Participant

I’m at about a 6/10.

The front 7 is going to have one helluva game if we win. Shaq and JPP need to get home quick, Vea needs to destroy the pocket from the inside, we need White and and David to be incredible in coverage. We’re probably going to need a turnover or two as well. I don’t see a way we shut down Kelce, I believe he’s going to feast while we try to contain Tyreek.

On offense I think we’re going to need to pound the rock, the Chiefs love to play 2 high safeties, they play a lot confusing zone schemes. We need to establish the run game, and punish them with timely play action calls. We need to start quick and score points early, you can bet that defense wants nothing more then to pin their ears back and blitz Brady.

BA needs to be aggressive, and go for it on 4th and 1. He needs to be aggressive and not settle for short field goals and go for it on 4th and goal.

We can win this game, they are not unbeatable… but they’re definitely the Final Boss. LFG BUCS!

• creamsicles

Participant

Since I believe we will win in the trenches on both sides of the ball…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I knew when they signed Brady that they were going to the show and probably win.

At the beginning of the season, said they’d go 13-3, but it took more time for them to gel than expected. At least they gelled at the right time and continued to win into the playoffs.

Watch to see how the refs call it …. if anything, Brady effect will come into play.

Bucs 38
      Chiefs 30

^^mtn^^
      since ’76

• kenntak

Participant

I think the team is a lot more confident in themselves than the sportswriters are in the team. However, it’s the team that matters, they play the game. I feel very confident because they are peaking now, and while Mahomes and the offense is spectacular, so was Rodgers and Green Bay at home.

My fear are the teams that play great defense. The Saints and Washington were those teams, and I think beating the Saints in NO did a lot more for the Bucs than some experts realize. While KC schemes well, I don’t think they have a great defense. I think the Bucs can deal with KC’s possible excessive blitzing, as the Bucs’ offensive line has gotten stronger since the teams last played. The Raiders had the perfect response to KC’s defense, although they themselves did not have the defense to stop KC. In contrast, Tampa Bay has the defense to create a lot of havoc, and 2 takeaways could make all of the difference. Stop the run, pressure the QB.

There is also the psychological edge that nobody is talking about. I think the Bucs will do anything possible not to lose a Super Bowl in their own stadium. They know that a loss is something they will have to live with every time they play a game at home–until the Stadium is torn down. Let’s not go there.

Go out and win. All of us are cheering from wherever we are!!!!!

• Bucman

Participant

10/10. JPP and Shaq step up. Game is not even close. 42-10 Bucs

• BucsBraves8016

Participant

Love it, Bucman. I think the Bucs destroy the Chefs, too.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are you the same bucman that was on the old bucs . com boards?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let’s fucking GOOO!

• Bucman

Participant

CLose enough

• BucsBraves8016

Participant

People have to remember. Bucs had no Vea or Dean, AB wasn’t ingratiated into the offense and were playing their 12th straight game when the teams met in the regular season. The Chiefs had a bye two weeks before then played a Raiders team they had already previously played and they had Eric Fisher…yet the Bucs only came up short by 3. Outscoring them 24-10 in the last three quarters. Now, Fisher is out, Reid is distracted I don’t care what any of the media that wants us to lose is saying and we are rested and relatively healthy. At home. After Brady had (for him) a bad game against the Packers. And we have
      reinforcements. Bucs are going to serve up a ton of crow when they pulverize the Chefs today. Bucs win by at least two possessions making the non-Bucs fans sad when Brady kneels in victory formation for his 7th Super Bowl and the SECOND for the Tampa Bay Bucs. GO BUCS!!!!!!!!!!!

• ryan24

Participant

People have to remember. Bucs had no Vea or Dean, AB wasn’t ingratiated into the offense and were playing their 12th straight game when the teams met in the regular season. The Chiefs had a bye two weeks before then played a Raiders team they had already previously played and they had Eric Fisher…yet the Bucs only came up short by 3. Outscoring them 24-10 in the last three quarters. Now, Fisher is out, Reid is distracted I don’t care what any of the media that wants us to lose is saying and we are rested and relatively healthy. At home. After Brady had (for him) a bad game against the Packers. And we have
        reinforcements. Bucs are going to serve up a ton of crow when they pulverize the Chefs today. Bucs win by at least two possessions making the non-Bucs fans sad when Brady kneels in victory formation for his 7th Super Bowl and the SECOND for the Tampa Bay Bucs. GO BUCS!!!!!!!!!!!

This poster is the man!

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

We got this.

• Anonymous

Inactive

^^^

• Watchman

Participant

I wish I was the type of optimistic fan that some of you all are.

Just not in my nature.

Will be rooting like hell for a Bucs Win!!!!!!!

• BP1

Participant

I’m super nervous and that’s how I felt before our only other Super Bowl. So that’s a good thing. Like BucsBraves said it’s huuuge having Vea and Dean back for this game. I hope it’s like our last Super Bowl so my nerves can settle down and not last the entire game.

GOOOOOOOOO BUCS!

• GermCanBuc

Participant

Just bought that Brady jersey. Guys were about to be Super Bowl champs again.

• MichaelMyersIsABucsFan

Participant

I was wrong.

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.