Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 11 reply threads

• Author

• TNEGATIVE

Participant

Some are suggesting switching Wirfs to LT and get rid of Smith and his contract. How easy is it, really, to do this? This ain’t Madden. Taking someone who excels at their position and switching sides could be a disaster.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

The reason id consider it is Wirfs is already an elite RT. Could he stay there & be very successful? Yep.

LT is more important. Especially with a right handed QB. Perhaps the most important OL position.

Smith is fine for now. Big contract but he’s been earning it lately.

For now I wouldn’t consider moving Wirfs.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why change anything, we have the 3rd fewest sacks allowed, Rojo was top 5 in rushing before his injury.

It’s clearly a successful unit

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Wirfs has shown he’s on a path to a perennial All-Pro career as a RT.

Absolute stud.

Why change it?

If you want to replace Donovan, then draft a LT.

Leave Wirfs where he’s at.

• m_j

Participant

any good lefty qb entering draft in 2022?

• Natural Selection

Participant

Wirfs filled in at LT some his SR season. Playing snaps on both sides in at least one game. After watching him this season, I think he can do pretty much whatever he wants on a football field. Though I can’t imagine moving on from Donny with Tom coming back. I’d rather cut Jensen if we need to save money and go younger on the line.

• Trask Force

Participant

This argument about Smith is really premature. There is no dead money on his contract. You draft a tackle and see how it goes in training camp. If the rookie looks like he’s ready you can trade or cut Smith. If not you keep Smith for one more year while the rookie develops.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

If Leatherwood is there at 32nd, then we take him!

• m_j

Participant

:-)

• FireLicht2020

Participant

I fear that Smith is fool’s gold at this point but hey, he keeps playing well I’ll gladly eat crow and admit I was wrong

• LVBUC2

Participant

Is there any reason why we think Wirfs can’t play LT? LT is the most important position on the O-line. Wirfs is are most talented O-line man. Put him at LT, I bet he do it. Anybody doubt the guy?

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Is there any reason why we think Wirfs can’t play LT?

I’ve got a better question.

Why would we move a rookie who has put up elite production at his natural position?

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.