Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 11 reply threads

• Author

• LVBUC2

Participant

Godwin will cost the Bucs 17 to 20 million a year. A franchise tag would cost around 16.5. Brown could be signed for around 4 to 5 million a year. I’m not here to debate that Godwin is better than brown. What would make the most sense for the team. The Bucs are strong at WR. If you Tag Goodwin you could trade him for a 1st round pick. It has been done before.

Evans, Brown (4 million a year), Miller, Johnson plus a 1st round draft pick > Evans, Godwin(17 million a year), Miller, Johnson

• Wutt

Participant

It is risky with Brown’s court case coming up sometime this year. Not worth the risk to let Godwin walk imo.

• mjs020294

Participant

FA will not be a contract bonanza this year. Half the league are in a worse cap position than the Bucs and many teams have more holes to fill. If we lose players like Godwin or Shaq because they want a big pay day so be it. There will be plenty of FAs that jump at a chance to get aboard the Brady ring number eight bandwagon.

• kenntak

Participant

Honestly, I think Bruce Arians cares more about keeping the defense together. Didn’t he say he is not concerned with the Bucs being able to score points, which means he is not tied to Godwin?

• GenoaBucs

Participant

Are we sure Godwin going to play under franchise TAG? I think he would consider an holdout if they TAG him.

• JC5100

Participant

He would want the tag.

• seekpar

Participant

No way he holds out if they tag him. It’s only 2-3 million difference, why wouldn’t he play for a chance at back to back rings?

• LVBUC2

Participant

I don’t think Godwin will sit if he gets tagged. He played last year for around 2 million last year he won’t pass up 16.5 million. There is a WR needing team could trade their first round pick for Godwin, Dolphins, Jets or Jags could use him and they have the cap space.

• JC5100

Participant

Bucs are $170M under the 2022 salary cap. Spotrac’s evaluation on Godwin is 4 years, $69M. Give him a $30M signing bonus and guaranteed $10M 2022 roster bonus with a low 2021 base salary. Long term contracts for WRs on their original teams are excellent investments.

Barrett is the one who needs the tag because A. His tag number is still below market value because the cap numbers for Frank Clark and Demarcus Lawrence are in the DE category. B. pass rushers who change teams not via trade are generally very bad long term contracts. C. he’s only produced in contract years.

• theknees

Participant

I love Chris Godwin. How could you not? But paying him a king’s ransom to be one of the many receivers in this scheme is silly. We simply can’t afford to pay everyone what they want. I will even be upset if we franchise him. We need that money for other areas. His replacement is already on the team or will be in April.

• JC5100

Participant

But they can afford him, that’s the thing. There’s so many aging, big contracts coming off the cap in 2022.

• buc-in-out

Participant

I don’t understand why everyone thinks that AB will just re-sign here for pennies.

AB’s ALLLLLL about the money. He’ll test FA and he’d have NO problem signing with the Jags if they give him $12 million a year.. and I think that’s exactly what’s going to happen.

The idea that he’s going to re-sign here for $4 million a year just because of Brady is hilarious.

• Buc on the Move

Participant

Hard to discount Godwin’s blocking from the WR position. Which other WR will give us that?

• buccnation

Participant

Sign Shaq long term and tag Godwin. I believe the tag for Godwin would be cheaper than tagging Shaq anyway. I believe letting Godwin go is risky. After next year there could be no Brady, Gronk, AB (he could leave now), and Evans could always get hurt which would put us in a big hole.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.