Taking a flyer on Joe Mixon

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    buccnation
    Participant

Everyone deserves a second chance no matter what. Hes an all around run and catch running back this team needs.

He is already given a second chance. He has the chance to graduate college and get a great job. Like I said, playing in the NFL is a privilege not a right.

So is driving a car but you can get a dui with bodily harm and get your license back in 6 months.

A DUI and hitting a child or woman are different. I will pass on the coward that puts their hands on a female. There are plenty of prospects just as good with much better character.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

El Diablo
    Participant

Everyone deserves a second chance no matter what. Hes an all around run and catch running back this team needs.

I completely agree. What he did was horrible. Should NEVER lay hands on a woman but she wasn’t innocent herself. Women shouldn’t be hitting men either. I would be ok giving him a shot. I said it before I still believe ray lewis killed someone and he turned out ok.

Hmm. I just wonder if you can “turn out ok” if you’re already a murderer. I don’t know if Ray is or not but you typed it yourself. LOL As for Mixon? No. Absolutely not. There are many better options with players with better character.

Hahaha yeah i was just joking. I do think ray stab stab lewis at least turned his life around after. Silver ling;)

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    El Diablo
    Participant

I get you. Of course I would like to hit my girl every now and then but just can’t bring myself to do it;)

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    nybuccguy
    Participant

Draft him in the 7th round to handle Miko Grimes.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    smokedacane
    Participant

Draft him in the 7th round to handle Miko Grimes.

Ha, you’re basically calling Brent a b*!tch.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Bucs N Beers
    Participant

Like I said, playing in the NFL is a privilege not a right.

Wrong. Playing in the NFL is neither a privilege or a right. It’s a business. That’s why guys like Donte’ Stallworth, Josh Brent and Ray Lewis (who all KILLED people) got a second chance. Greg Hardy threw a woman on a pile of guns and threatened to kill her. Hell, Michael Pittman rammed his Hummer in to his wife’s car which occupied his wife, 2 year old and babysitter. And he was on the Bucs at the time. And continued to be for another 4 years.

They held value because of talent. Talent leads to Wins. Wins lead to money.
    Fans are emotional and don’t like bad people. Football owners like wins and money.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Jutt
    Participant

Wrong. Playing in the NFL is neither a privilege or a right. It’s a business. That’s why guys like Donte’ Stallworth, Josh Brent and Ray Lewis (who all KILLED people) got a second chance. Greg Hardy threw a woman on a pile of guns and threatened to kill her. Hell, Michael Pittman rammed his Hummer in to his wife’s car which occupied his wife, 2 year old and babysitter. And he was on the Bucs at the time. And continued to be for another 4 years. They held value because of talent. Talent leads to Wins. Wins lead to money. Fans are emotional and don’t like bad people. Football owners like wins and money.

Facts.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Defense5599
    Blocked

Wrong. Playing in the NFL is neither a privilege or a right. It’s a business. That’s why guys like Donte’ Stallworth, Josh Brent and Ray Lewis (who all KILLED people) got a second chance. Greg Hardy threw a woman on a pile of guns and threatened to kill her. Hell, Michael Pittman rammed his Hummer in to his wife’s car which occupied his wife, 2 year old and babysitter. And he was on the Bucs at the time. And continued to be for another 4 years. They held value because of talent. Talent leads to Wins. Wins lead to money. Fans are emotional and don’t like bad people. Football owners like wins and money.

Last I checked, Ray Lewis didn’t kill anyone.  He just happened to be there when it happened.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Bucco63
    Participant

I posted this on the SR’s article, but there is a small difference IMO between Tyreek and Mixon, and it’s not that one was caught on film, it’s that one has never been taught a lesson and will continue to be an issue in the NFL, again, just my opinion.

My post/comment:

Just for the record and my Oklahoma State Pride :)…Tyreek Hill returned a kick against OU for us to help win the game in the last moments, he’s unbelievable and was our hero…for a week. Then he punched that pregnant girl and even without video was immediately cut by Gundy doing the right thing. He got his second chance at a lower division school before entering the NFL. OU on the other hand, didn’t suspend Mixon, they redshirted him and called it a suspension. Complete B.S. Then despite getting in further trouble with the law and school, he was allowed to play this year and now that the video came out Stoops said he should have kicked him off but it was too late to do anything. Ridiculous. He may be a talent like Tyreek is/was, but he’s never been taught a lesson and I predict will only have trouble follow him wherever he goes int he NFL. I obviously hate the sooners, but Perine does seem to be a good guy and hopefully has the talent for the next level if we select him.

Anyway, article only mentioned what Tyreek did at OSU and I wanted to make clear my alma mater handled it the appropriate way.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Bucs N Beers
    Participant

Last I checked, Ray Lewis didn’t kill anyone. He just happened to be there when it happened.

Yea and OJ didn’t kill anyone either.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Defense5599
    Blocked

Last I checked, Ray Lewis didn’t kill anyone. He just happened to be there when it happened.

Yea and OJ didn’t kill anyone either.

All the evidence points to someone else welding that knife in the Ray Lewis case.   It was Lewis’s “posse” that got into it with another group.  Someone from Lewis’s posse pulled the knife but it wasn’t Lewis.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

All of these points are erroneous… the real question is: do we think he will do it, or something else, again?

Has he changed or is he the same? Simple question. The NFL is a “what have you done for me lately” league; both positive or negative.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Jr.3
    Participant

The female Joe hit was no outstanding citizen but what turns me off from Joe was he started the whole thing by picking on her gay friend and making gay slurs. No one should be picked on because there different weather that is skin color sexual preference or born with defects etc.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    buccnation
    Participant

Yes it is a business but it is also a privilege. Just because some people get second chances doesn’t mean they deserved those second chances. Tons of talent will get you a second chance in the NFL but the far less talented back up will not. Hello Ray Rice.

Just because Mixon gave some apology doesn’t mean he deserves a chance in the NFL. He can get a second chance by graduating, getting a good job, and having a nice family. A lot of people don’t get that second chance.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    youngone
    Participant

Hell yea I’ll take him. Higher than that too. If he’s there in the third round I’ll gladly take him.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.