Taking a flyer on Joe Mixon

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    dexmonkey
    Participant

No thanks I don’t want to touch him at all. People that did what he did should not be aloud in this league. Playing in the NFL is a privilege.

Now look I’m not endorsing what he did but people do worse and get second chances… so plz don’t give me that hog-wash that he shouldn’t get a second chance.

getting a second chance is one thing but this douchebag showed no remorse for what he did. he just made bullshit excuses for why he did it. he literally said she hit him and it felt like a man doing it. if he wanted to show he was changed and reformed he would have stayed in college longer and tried to rehab his image. if we draft him i will be rooting for a catastrophic knee injury every time he steps on the field. hes a scumbag and deserves the worst. takes a real bitch to hit a woman like that

I think you’re a going a little over here. The girl assaulted him, and he responded in kind. Should he have? Of course not. But, just like the chick that hit De’Ardre Johnson, women need to learn there are consequences for their actions as well. I realize that won’t go over very well with the PC Police, but women don’t have carte blanche to swing on whomever they like without consequences.

I agree that she shouldnt have hit him. She needs to keep her hands to herself and just because shes a woman doesnt give her the right to act without consequence.

At the same time he needs to be the bigger man and walk away. If all he had done was pushed her away then i wouldnt feel the same. Instead he snapped a right cross into her face. Thats a bitch move.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

GottaJaboo
    Blocked

No thanks I don’t want to touch him at all. People that did what he did should not be aloud in this league. Playing in the NFL is a privilege.

Now look I’m not endorsing what he did but people do worse and get second chances… so plz don’t give me that hog-wash that he shouldn’t get a second chance.

getting a second chance is one thing but this douchebag showed no remorse for what he did. he just made bullshit excuses for why he did it. he literally said she hit him and it felt like a man doing it. if he wanted to show he was changed and reformed he would have stayed in college longer and tried to rehab his image. if we draft him i will be rooting for a catastrophic knee injury every time he steps on the field. hes a scumbag and deserves the worst. takes a real bitch to hit a woman like that

I think you’re a going a little over here. The girl assaulted him, and he responded in kind. Should he have? Of course not. But, just like the chick that hit De’Ardre Johnson, women need to learn there are consequences for their actions as well. I realize that won’t go over very well with the PC Police, but women don’t have carte blanche to swing on whomever they like without consequences.

I agree that she shouldnt have hit him. She needs to keep her hands to herself and just because shes a woman doesnt give her the right to act without consequence.

At the same time he needs to be the bigger man and walk away. If all he had done was pushed her away then i wouldnt feel the same. Instead he snapped a right cross into her face. Thats a bitch move.

Look, can he play the game? If he can, then draft the man. Stop being the morality police.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M - "coaching can’t fix this".

dexmonkey
    Participant

I agree that she shouldnt have hit him. She needs to keep her hands to herself and just because shes a woman doesnt give her the right to act without consequence. At the same time he needs to be the bigger man and walk away. If all he had done was pushed her away then i wouldnt feel the same. Instead he snapped a right cross into her face. Thats a bitch move.

Look, can he play the game? If he can, then draft the man. Stop being the morality police.

whats the point of drafting a guy who will probably do it again and get suspended? if he had stayed and tried to show some remorse and maybe done some work at women’s shelters, showed he was sorry then maybe

hes a piece of trash

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    VirgilCaine
    Participant

I agree 100% and this is coming from a person that was born 4 weeks early because my “dad” hit my mom several times. Mixon should have walked away after she hit him.

Nah, Bitches need Stitches, so says Buggsy.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Richie Cartman
    Participant

USF’s Marlon Mack just recently declared.  Is the 5th ranked RB right behind Mixon at 4th per CBS.  How about drafting him instead.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Biggs3535
    Participant

I agree 100% and this is coming from a person that was born 4 weeks early because my “dad” hit my mom several times. Mixon should have walked away after she hit him.

Speaking of bitches, you’re mine.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    VirgilCaine
    Participant

Speaking of bitches, you’re mine.

Does that mean I get stitches?

lots of joking on this message board but if you watch the Mixon video and your takeaway is “women need to learn” you should probably seek help

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    chace1986
    Participant

Mixon’s talent is right up there with Cook, Fournette, and McCaffery, but certainly him keeping his nose clean is a concern. I don’t see Perine as a starting NFL back, but rather a Marion Barber type runner. If we are taking a mid round back, take Foreman from Texas.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    spurzo
    Participant

Mixon is an awesome talent. He would add an explosive element in the run and pass game that we would all like to see. I’d take him in the 3rd in a heartbeat and strongly consider him the 2nd. Lots of players in the league have done terrible things, Terrell Suggs hit his wife and dumped bleach on her face (somehow it’s rarely mentioned). Maybe our organization is opposed to players with these kind of problems but I’m interested in seeing the team add talented players and getting wins.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Easythe great
    Participant

I think Scott Reynolds Fab 5 was based off this thread.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Bucs fan from Texas.. FIRE THE CANNONS!!!

Jr.3
    Participant

I don’t like Mixon as a person but as a football player he reminds me of David Johnson/ Levon Bell type of back. If the Buccaneers draft him i really don’t care.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Mixon hit a girl in the face. Stupid. Asinine. He weeps for his lost money.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Axxon
    Participant

Everyone deserves a second chance no matter what. Hes an all around run and catch running back this team needs.

He is already given a second chance. He has the chance to graduate college and get a great job. Like I said, playing in the NFL is a privilege not a right.

Would you say putting the most talented group of players on the field a teams obligation or would you say it’s being societies privilege checker? Honest question. Do you believe we should not have the privilege to take the best player we feel is available because I’m not seeing a privilege vs rights issue as far as the player is concerned. No one is saying that any team must draft him because it is his privilege to play football. It doesn’t work that way even if you’re a saint.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Axxon
    Participant

Everyone deserves a second chance no matter what. Hes an all around run and catch running back this team needs.

I completely agree. What he did was horrible. Should NEVER lay hands on a woman but she wasn’t innocent herself. Women shouldn’t be hitting men either. I would be ok giving him a shot. I said it before I still believe ray lewis killed someone and he turned out ok.

Hmm. I just wonder if you can “turn out ok” if you’re already a murderer. I don’t know if Ray is or not but you typed it yourself. LOL As for Mixon? No. Absolutely not. There are many better options with players with better character.

What 6th round RB’s are better options with or without better characters? I don’t follow college that deeply.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Axxon
    Participant

His situation is no different than Tyreke Hills and he was drafted in the 5th round. If hes available I think we have the right enviroment here that he could be a model citizen.

His situation is different because the incident was caught on film.

Neither was Rae Carruths incident. Would you say that Mixon’s situation is worse than his because his was?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.