Taking a flyer on Joe Mixon

Viewing 13 posts - 91 through 103 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    Axxon
    Participant

Like I said, playing in the NFL is a privilege not a right.

Wrong. Playing in the NFL is neither a privilege or a right. It’s a business. That’s why guys like Donte’ Stallworth, Josh Brent and Ray Lewis (who all KILLED people) got a second chance. Greg Hardy threw a woman on a pile of guns and threatened to kill her. Hell, Michael Pittman rammed his Hummer in to his wife’s car which occupied his wife, 2 year old and babysitter. And he was on the Bucs at the time. And continued to be for another 4 years. They held value because of talent. Talent leads to Wins. Wins lead to money. Fans are emotional and don’t like bad people. Football owners like wins and money.

And those same fans will sing the praises of the players if/when they hoist a Lombardi.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Axxon
    Participant

No thanks I don’t want to touch him at all. People that did what he did should not be aloud in this league. Playing in the NFL is a privilege.

Now look I’m not endorsing what he did but people do worse and get second chances… so plz don’t give me that hog-wash that he shouldn’t get a second chance.

Those with the pitchforks are the ones with the skeleton.

No thanks I don’t want to touch him at all. People that did what he did should not be aloud in this league. Playing in the NFL is a privilege.

Now look I’m not endorsing what he did but people do worse and get second chances… so plz don’t give me that hog-wash that he shouldn’t get a second chance.

Not saying he shouldn’t get a second chance with someone else. All I’m saying is if I was the GM he wouldn’t be getting his second chance with my team. Hitting a woman/child is as about as low as it gets. I have a daughter of my own so what he did hits close to home for me.

I hope you teach your daughter not to hit other people as well. I don’t give him a pass but watching the video you clearly see her push and hit him first. She even called him ovee to her before the confrontation. I respect your feelings as a father. I have a 4 year old autistic son and he already knows it’s not ok to hit people.

She deserves some backlash most definitely but he still should have some control and not hit a woman. Just a cowardly act. She’s definitely no saint. Hopefully she learns from this as well.

Oh, I’m quite sure she did.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Axxon
    Participant

You really shouldn’t argue with Commissioner Goodell.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Axxon
    Participant

Those with the pitchforks are the ones with the skeleton.

Not saying he shouldn’t get a second chance with someone else. All I’m saying is if I was the GM he wouldn’t be getting his second chance with my team. Hitting a woman/child is as about as low as it gets. I have a daughter of my own so what he did hits close to home for me.

I hope you teach your daughter not to hit other people as well. I don’t give him a pass but watching the video you clearly see her push and hit him first. She even called him ovee to her before the confrontation. I respect your feelings as a father. I have a 4 year old autistic son and he already knows it’s not ok to hit people.

Nice, already wiser than Amelia.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Axxon
    Participant

if we draft him i will be rooting for a catastrophic knee injury every time he steps on the field. hes a scumbag and deserves the worst. takes a real bitch to hit a woman like that

Damn, talk about a lowlife. Pot, kettle black. You really have no right to judge others morality if you wish multiple catastrophic injuries on people. That’s really sick.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Axxon
    Participant

getting a second chance is one thing but this douchebag showed no remorse for what he did. he just made bullshit excuses for why he did it. he literally said she hit him and it felt like a man doing it. if he wanted to show he was changed and reformed he would have stayed in college longer and tried to rehab his image. if we draft him i will be rooting for a catastrophic knee injury every time he steps on the field. hes a scumbag and deserves the worst. takes a real bitch to hit a woman like that

What a fucking butch thing to say behind a keyboard. You wish a knee injury and ruin someone’s way of life because they did something wrong. It’s a good thing your shit doesn’t stink. Saying stuff like that, you deserve to get swung on.

Correction he wished a knee injury EVERY time he steps on the field. Straight up psychotic.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Axxon
    Participant

I think Scott Reynolds Fab 5 was based off this thread.

You have mentioned this at least twice, here and in that thread. I have a question for you, are you stroking yourself when you post it or does that come later.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    dexmonkey
    Participant

getting a second chance is one thing but this douchebag showed no remorse for what he did. he just made bullshit excuses for why he did it. he literally said she hit him and it felt like a man doing it. if he wanted to show he was changed and reformed he would have stayed in college longer and tried to rehab his image. if we draft him i will be rooting for a catastrophic knee injury every time he steps on the field. hes a scumbag and deserves the worst. takes a real bitch to hit a woman like that

What a fucking butch thing to say behind a keyboard. You wish a knee injury and ruin someone’s way of life because they did something wrong. It’s a good thing your shit doesn’t stink. Saying stuff like that, you deserve to get swung on.

Correction he wished a knee injury EVERY time he steps on the field. Straight up psychotic.

No i just wish bad things for bad people. Hes a lowlife scumbag and doesnt deserve to be rewarded for his awful behavior. Hes done nothing to show remorse and likely doesnt feel bad or even care about what he did

Let that piece of shit be someone elses problem. Hes probably going to hit another woman and make some team look bad

Im sorry that i dont pity or hope a scumbag does well in life. If you do then thats on you and your a bad person for giving them a pass

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    HolyBuc
    Participant

I’m glad I don’t get paid to make these decisions.  Watching his games he is by far the most talented RB in this draft and I don’t think it’s close. Fournette and Cook both have some flaws to their game.  Fournette isn’t much of a creator he gets a ton of yards when the play is blocked up. Cook is swing and miss, swing and miss then bang Home Run…plus Cook has been known to put the ball on the ground.  The biggest knock for me on those two, which not many are talking about are the injuries. Fournette and Cook have both been injured and have a lot of carries on them.

Mixon because of the redshirt year and Perine carrying some of the load, he doesn’t have many carries 301 carries in 2 years and at 6′ 1″ and 225lbs.  Cook has 687 carries knee surgery…shoulder surgery and ?  Fournette has 616 carries.

I know him punching the snot out of that girl is low but he isn’t going to be banned from the league.  Someone is going to draft this guy if Licht and company decide he’s worth the risk I won’t lose a second of sleep over it.  Also all these people on their high horse should look at how Winston grew up I’m not talking about the big allegation….I’m talking about all the little immature crap he did that got blown out of proportion.  I’m not comparing that to breaking a girls jaw but it shows how people can grow.  I know I’m not the same person now that I was at 17.

For anyone who wants to tell me Mixon isn’t the best RB in this class I’m going to ask you to go to draftbreakdown.com and watch all the Mixon games they have.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    dexmonkey
    Participant

I’m glad I don’t get paid to make these decisions. Watching his games he is by far the most talented RB in this draft and I don’t think it’s close. Fournette and Cook both have some flaws to their game. Fournette isn’t much of a creator he gets a ton of yards when the play is blocked up. Cook is swing and miss, swing and miss then bang Home Run…plus Cook has been known to put the ball on the ground. The biggest knock for me on those two, which not many are talking about are the injuries. Fournette and Cook have both been injured and have a lot of carries on them. Mixon because of the redshirt year and Perine carrying some of the load, he doesn’t have many carries 301 carries in 2 years and at 6′ 1″ and 225lbs. Cook has 687 carries knee surgery…shoulder surgery and ? Fournette has 616 carries. I know him punching the snot out of that girl is low but he isn’t going to be banned from the league. Someone is going to draft this guy if Licht and company decide he’s worth the risk I won’t lose a second of sleep over it. Also all these people on their high horse should look at how Winston grew up I’m not talking about the big allegation….I’m talking about all the little immature crap he did that got blown out of proportion. I’m not comparing that to breaking a girls jaw but it shows how people can grow. I know I’m not the same person now that I was at 17. For anyone who wants to tell me Mixon isn’t the best RB in this class I’m going to ask you to go to draftbreakdown.com and watch all the Mixon games they have.

I whole heartedly agree that people can grow up. Jameis is the perfect example. Theres a ton of stand up guys in the league who overcame rocky starts as young men.

I just think you need to set a hard line for some offenses and hitting women should be a zero tolerance offense. If this guy had gotten in trouble for drugs or alcohol or a dui or fighting guys at a bar id be ok assuming the gm vetts him well. I just wont tolerate someone who hits women. I have a daughter and a son and if someone hit my daughter theyd be in deep shit. I will also teach my son when he grows up that you dont lay your hands on a woman.

As far as talent he still not in the same stratosphere as Cook and Fournette

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Indeed Dex. My daughter is he love of my life. A see her get hit, LIKE THAT, and I will respond. They make prisons for caring fathers as well as woman beating and disrespecting idiots. I hope Mixon truly learns, but after lambasting that girl who had no right to touch him, and then ripping apart a legal ticket and throwing at the traffic officer (a woman) a few minutes later…maybe next time he’ll just cuss her out.

Regardless, there’s a lot of talent out there, and I don’t see Mixon as being worth it.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Hate
    Participant

If he can score TDs, i’m all for it!!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    ISLAND BUCS
    Participant

Joe Mixon**, RB, Oklahoma
    Height: 6-1. Weight: 226.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.48.
    Projected Round (2017): 1-3.

12/31/16: Mixon is an electric runner with excellent speed and the ability to rip off a long run on any carry. He became Oklahoma’s featured runner as a redshirt sophomore with an average of seven yards per carry (168 carries) for 1,183 yards with eight touchdowns while sharing carries with Samaje Perine. Mixon also was a receiving weapon with 32 receptions for 449 yards with five touchdowns.

As a freshman in 2015, Mixon averaged 6.7 yards per carry for 753 yards with seven touchdowns. He had 28 receptions for 356 yards with four scores as well.

Sources have said that they think Mixon is a serious talent with three-down starting potential in the NFL.

Some teams, however, already have ruled him out because of the incident from 2014 in which he punched a woman. After video of the incident was released two years later, Mixon issued a tearful apology. Some teams will remove him from their draft boards because of the character concerns.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Remain intimately at the heart of experience.

Viewing 13 posts - 91 through 103 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.