Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 7 reply threads

• Author

• Anonymous

Inactive

not even a bit surprising. overdue actually. Will not happen

https://twitter.com/i/events/1346986230865481732?s=20

Lawmakers and a major business group among calls for VP Pence to invoke 25th Amendment to remove Trump from office amid violence at Capitol

Lawmakers, political commentators and the National Association of Manufacturers have called for the removal of President Trump from office, citing the 25th Amendment. The amendment states in part that the vice president and a majority of the cabinet can decide that the president is “unable to discharge the powers and duties” of the office. It comes after a mob of Trump supporters stormed the US Capitol on Wednesday.

• Anonymous

Inactive

and arrest

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Nothing will happen even though it should…

I want to say this is “unbelievable” but we all saw this coming.

• Roy

Participant

Trump did this. Others enabled him. Trump directly ordered the attack on Congress.

• Roy

Participant

The 25th Amendment is not about punishment for a past crime. That’s Impeachment. The 25th Amendment is only about the President basically being incapacitated or needs to be removed because of his inability to do his job and it is a danger to the nation.

It would be a dangerous precedent to set, because if Trump is removed for only weeks, it will give a precedent in the future for a VP who has enough backing of the Cabinet to remove a sitting President who he doesn’t agree with. And it could happen at any time, not just with two weeks to go. We don’t want to start clearing a path for some future event like this.

Pence needs to keep the finger on the trigger for this and say to Cabient members I need you to be at the ready for the next two weeks to act instantly. If Trump tries to activate the military or give secrets to Russia or do something with the Nuclear football, something crazy, then Pence needs to be ready to pull the trigger on this at a moments notice. But barring something like that I’d say we all stand down and get through these two weeks. I don’t want some VP in the future to think he can take over.

• TURBO

Participant

President Harris and company will be using the 25th amendment to oust Biden soon enough.

Those wishing to see the 25th amendment in action will get their wish, it just won’t be Trump that is the target.

• Anonymous

Inactive

President Harris and company will be using the 25th amendment to oust Biden soon enough

weird

Turbo could be Jbear

but we all know (wink wink nod nod) Jbear is a “Libertarian,” not a Trumper (cough cough)

@Turbo

kidding aside about Jbear, does it even occur to you how dumb it makes you look to post something like that because you’re basically saying “I voted for a clown who got beat by a demented guy.” I am sure you’ve got some weird rationalization, but its just dumb on its face, right, because your guy literally got his ass kicked by the guy you say is “old and crazy.” 81 million voting Americans said “Turbo’s guy is so bad wed prefer an old demented guy,” right?

• Col. Klink

Participant

President Harris and company will be using the 25th amendment to oust Biden soon enough.

Those wishing to see the 25th amendment in action will get their wish, it just won’t be Trump that is the target.

Works for me ….. especially considering the heads that will explode in here. It would be a delightful sight.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.