Viewing 37 reply threads

• Author

• CaliBucsFan

Participant

IMO Tim Wright will be the day 1 starter at TE.  We have yet to see ASJ in Tampa Bay and, even though I still like the pick, Tim Wright produced last year and already seems to have impressed the coaching staff this off season.  I expect to see 2 TE sets often from the Bucs as both Wright and potentially Sefarian-Jenkins present matchup nightmares to a defense.  While a less explosive athlete, Brandon M(e?)yers has proven to be a very productive player over the last few seasons.  IMO The Bucs have 3 guys who would start at TE on more than a few other NFL teams but the question is, who will start there for us?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

To be honest, I don’t think Wright blocks well enough to start. With a run first mentality, you need tes who can block. Asj and Meyers would be the first choice imo. Wright gives them a good weapon and possible mismatches, but I don’t think he’s a good enough blocker to be a 3 down te.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I see Tim Wright getting put in as the #3 receiver

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

what do you think he does better than say louis Murphy?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anything now would be a guess…  We actually have some talent at the position now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Catching touchdowns for one lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

GIF8.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I definitely think you’ll see a few sets where Wright is used in the slot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Catching touchdowns for one lol

just last year Murphy averaged a td every six catches!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I definitely think you'll see a few sets where Wright is used in the slot.

of course. But were wrights stats inflated because we didn’t have anyone else? What does he do well?I like the guy, but im not sure he possesses any qualities that Murphy doesnt. He has size over Herron for sure. I think we have lots of options...but I usually am optimistic.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

of course. But were wrights stats inflated because we didn't have anyone else? What does he do well?I like the guy, but im not sure he possesses any qualities that Murphy doesnt. He has size over Herron for sure. I think we have lots of options...but I usually am optimistic.

That's a good point and it could very well be the case. And he had a chemistry with Glennon from last off-season playing on the 2nd-team squad together. Glennon was constantly looking for him. He won't (at least I doubt) have that luxury this season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think you’re going to see plenty of Myers, Wright and ASJ. I gotta feeling that Tedford’s offense will be predicated on mismatches. Hell, look at what we have at skill positions? We have basketball players, track stars, shifty little tanks, and Matt Forte-lite. This offense is like a swiss army knife. Should be interesting.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think you're going to see plenty of Myers, Wright and ASJ. I gotta feeling that Tedford's offense will be predicated on mismatches. Hell, look at what we have at skill positions? We have basketball players, track stars, shifty little tanks, and Matt Forte-lite. This offense is like a swiss army knife. Should be interesting.

Lol. Well put.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For game one I would say Myers with ASJ more and more time as the year gives on until he becomes #1 on the depth chart.Myers is the most experienced and well rounded of the group and ASJ has had some injuries and a late start thanks to schools terms.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Wright probably has the best shot at being starter, with the extra size he’s put on hopefully that improves his blocking and I think he’s probably got a slight edge on Myers as a pass catcher. ASJ should be starting by years end but I would love to see a lot of two TE sets because we finally have some athletes there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

of course. But were wrights stats inflated because we didn't have anyone else? What does he do well?I like the guy, but im not sure he possesses any qualities that Murphy doesnt. He has size over Herron for sure. I think we have lots of options...but I usually am optimistic.

Wright and Murphy are two different players, ideally you want the speed and YAC potential that Murphy/Herron has underneath. Wright is more of a physical possession type lining up as a TE IMO.But hey, I'm not going to bitch about all the options we have.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wright and Murphy are two different players, ideally you want the speed and YAC potential that Murphy/Herron has underneath. Wright is more of a physical possession type lining up as a TE IMO.But hey, I'm not going to **CENSORED** about all the options we have.

Got to love the options we have. And the potential.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Upon further review, I noticed that Lovie mentioned Myers and ASJ as our “traditional” tight ends and Wright as more of a flex TE/FB/Slot type of role.  If that is how things go Myers will probably start the season and hopefully will gradually cede time to ASJ over the course of the season.  I still think Wright will see more balls thrown his way than the other guys as he is a matchup nightmare, runs precise routes and indications are that Tedford is the kind of coach who will emphasize exploiting favorable matchups

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I expect to see a lot of 2 TE sets, so its hard to say who the “starter” will be.  I like Wright as a receiving threat, but they may want to start someone else for their blocking ability.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think we’ll see a lot of 2-TE sets, and even some 3 TE sets. With the extra blockers, that’ll help the run game too…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wright in the slot and ASJ at TE#DUNKANEERS

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Idk why it matters.Wright and asj should be used in two te sets a lot anyway. A group of vj, asj, wright, and evans seems like a good mismatch to most defenses.My question is though, ..who do you take out, asj or wright, if you want to put more speed on the field? My guess..asj.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes you will see lots of 2 TE sets. You will even see some TE’s line up wide in many formations. What you will not see is Wright as our main slot wr.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anything now would be a guess...  We actually have some talent at the position now.

That feels good to say....FINALLY!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would not be shocked with his balance in blocking/passing that ASJ is our starter for the regular season, he’s an every down tight end.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m with you guys when it comes to the appearance of having actual talent and options, but find it hard to make these kind of predictions at this point.  We have not seen Tedfords offense line up in pads against an NFL team yet.  We have not seen how capable the newly-made-over O-Line is yet.  We have not seen ASJ yet.  However, I’m thrilled the team is putting this much into the offensive side of the ball, and barring injuries, don’t have to hope Stocker can become something he clearly is not – a pass catching offensive weapon.  Also liking the fact that the TE’s are not all carbon copies.  Wright being a converted WR and having had a very successful rookie yr at TE is a big plus.  As for now, don’t care who starts – just looking forward to see how they are used and perform.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If our new TE’s are as advertised, and Warhop gets his group going, our redzone offense could be scary this season.  Liking the thought of lining up with 2 pass catching TE’s,  VJax and Evans, and capable pass catching RB’s.  Except for the Bucs winning most jump balls, predictability is hopefully no longer a given.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes you will see lots of 2 TE sets. You will even see some TE's line up wide in many formations. What you will not see is Wright as our main slot wr.

You and 10ouncebrain have been hanging out too much. Your starting to sound just like him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As long as don’t start sounding like your useless bot of a dad , Michelbot , I’m good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As long as don't start sounding like your useless bot of a dad , Michelbot , I'm good.

The PR people think differently, but you keep up the good fight.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Of course PR likes their free traffic bot. So what.Fact is your pops uses misleading thread titles and has the personality of a fire hydrant. Useless . 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Doloris has the personality of a lame troll, and he instigates and tags along all the time.And brings nothing to the table.Let's waste all our draft picks on a running back! 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

sFinkter….deep mind fugged. Lolz

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

sFinkter....deep mind fugged. Lolz

So what's the point of trolling?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Of course PR likes their free traffic bot. So what.Fact is your pops uses misleading thread titles and has the personality of a fire hydrant. Useless .

Well, if your that curious about his personality, I can save you the time. He doesn't swing that way. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, if your that curious about his personality, I can save you the time. He doesn't swing that way. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

He doesn't swing any way . He's an automaton.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wright was making circus catches in double coverage last year. People still doubting his ability confuse me.BM will probably be used as a blocker and in some other power sets as a change up with ASJ probably getting a slow start and getting more time in a playmaking role as the year goes on. I think similar to how we used Winslow, Stevens, and Gillmore but with more balance.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

With ASJ not seeing much action yet because of school, I definitely think he will start as the #3. A couple good games though and he could jump up to starter pretty quick. Steady dose of Myers and Wright out of the gate to start the season.

Please wait…

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.