Viewing 35 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Bridgewater surprises his mom, a breast cancer survivor, with pink Escalade May 6th  2014      11:37p ET by Ross Jones    Fox SportsLouisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater made his mom a promise. When Rose Murphy, Bridgewater’s mom, was diagnosed with breast cancer, the former Louisville quarterback stood firm on that promise. “I told her, ‘Mom, when I make it to the NFL I’m going to get you a pink Escalade truck,” Bridgewater said. “I stuck with the color pink just because she was diagnosed with breast cancer.” The seven-minute video, which was produced with the help of director Spike Lee, details the story of Bridgewater’s childhood and the challenges his family faced. It also features Bridgewater following through on his promise and surprising his mom with a pink Escalade. “Your fight, your courage, it all stands out to me,” Bridgewater tells his mom in the video. “And I just thank you for that. Thank you for the many sacrifices that you’ve made for not only me, but for this entire family. “I just thank you for being the strong woman that you are, and I love you.”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owVvvjwjW7g&feature=player_embedded

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Baller.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Crown her!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wonder if it’ll be cruising around Tampa?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Coild be. Wouldn’t hate having Teddy!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He doesn’t even have a job.  How can he buy that car?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wonder what he is going to buy his Aunt Jemima.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He doesn't even have a job.  How can he buy that car?

My guess would be a pay advance from his agent.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How could you not want that as your leader? Character concerns? Questioning the ability to be the face of a franchise? BS. Thanks for posting this. TAMPA. NEEDS. TEDDY!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is Mary Carillo a lesbian?  Has to be.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is a difference between being a good guy and being a leader of men.  Sweet story…not real happy to see him collaborating with Spike Lee on anything to be honest.  This reeks of trying to drive up his own draft stock, why not wait until after he actually has an NFL job?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pink Escalade ?? Tacky.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree with that.  Anyone associating with Spike Lee is on a slippery slope already.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, well, well…Looks like all the board boo birds just got a little scared in my opinion...  lol.  Ted Bridgewater sounds like a young man we all aspire to be...Everything about him fits with Lovie's personality, Tedfords offense, how he loves football and is a leader... He is the epitome of how I personally perceive/want this team to be going forward.I sincerely hope this is our guy.  If not, then I'll probably ALSO become a fan of the team he goes to...  That's a first for this old guy.Rose has got to be proud.  He'd make any parent proud.  Get Bridgewater.  Stay above the noise.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He doesn't even have a job.  How can he buy that car?

My guess would be a pay advance from his agent.

Could be.  Or he might just have gotten it on credit.  I mean, absolute worst case scenario for him is being a third round pick in a couple of days.  It's not like it would be a major risk for the lender.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am thinking since the video appeared to be titled  “Cadillac presents #apromise2rose by Spike Lee”    I’m pretty sure the vehicle was paid for/came from Cadillac.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not a big fan of his, but good for him, seems like a decent guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So, everywhere she goes she has to be reminded that she has breast cancer?What a well thought out gift.I appreciate what he did though, and he generally comes off as a good kid. Good for him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So, everywhere she goes she has to be reminded that she has breast cancer?What a well thought out gift.I appreciate what he did though, and he generally comes off as a good kid. Good for him.

LOL  Good point.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is a difference between being a good guy and being a leader of men.  Sweet story...not real happy to see him collaborating with Spike Lee on anything to be honest.  This reeks of trying to drive up his own draft stock, why not wait until after he actually has an NFL job?

Publicity stunt is the first thing I thought of...tough to say but true.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You might be a little too cynical, then.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dude, come on. Once someone has cancer, you really think they forget about it? She'll remember for the rest of her life, pink Escalade or not.What an awesome kid he is and I hope we can get him as our QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Idk man.Is it the guy who stages it an a hole, or the guy who doesn't believe it's genuine?This might, or might not, be a PR stunt, but it still doesn't change what I think of him as an nfl player. I'm glad he's a nice guy, but being a nice isn't what wins football games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Idk man.Is it the guy who stages it an a hole, or the guy who doesn't believe it's genuine?This might, or might not, be a PR stunt, but it still doesn't change what I think of him as an nfl player. I'm glad he's a nice guy, but being a nice isn't what wins football games.

If only there was tape of him winning lots of football games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope that pink ride is cruising around any other city than Tampa.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I didn't say he was an asshole, I said he was cynical. A son is making it to the pros and is fulfilling a promise he made as a kid. That's a good story, not a PR stunt.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why is this such a big deal? Sapp bought his mother a house when he signed his first contract. I would bet most guys signing a pro sports contract buy their parent/parents something really expensive.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Bridgewater sneezes, I’d say its an immediate red flag. Could be pneumonia.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Do you even have a clue of sports marketing?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You do realize who you’re talking to, right?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why is this such a big deal? Sapp bought his mother a house when he signed his first contract. I would bet most guys signing a pro sports contract buy their parent/parents something really expensive.

And pay cash for it.  It would be nice to have no house payment every month.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Do you even have a clue of sports marketing?

Yes.

You do realize who you're talking to, right?

No.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

…At least he’s not drew brees. He hates his momma.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And he hates tipping.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol – Some of y’all are clearly missing the point.  (Or conveniently ignoring it.)takes all kinds.

Please wait…

Viewing 35 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.