Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 18 reply threads

• Author

• BeachBumBuc

Participant

I wonder …

• dexmonkey

Participant

why

he sucks, he just got replaced with Darnold for gods sake

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Can’t afford him.

• BucsSavant

Participant

The black brad Johnson

• Roy

Participant

I read the PFT article. I get the logic, but why this year? It didn’t cost Carolina a whole lot of draft picks or cap space for Darnold. They can afford to keep both QBs, so why not? Darnold could be a bust, and they have to revert back to Bridgewater.

On the Bucs end, lets say they do have an interest in Bridgewater. Then why not wait until next year? Bridgewater will be due $26 mil with a $5 dead cap hit. So there’s no way Carolina keeps him, nor would anyone else want that contract. Bridgewater will be free to sign with the Bucs in 2022, and Brady will probably still be here. Bridgewater could get his year of tutoring.

I’m not advocating for Bridgewater. I’m just saying that if the Bucs do have the intention of making him a QB here, it wouldn’t happen until next year.

• JC5100

Participant

Can’t afford him.

Carolina still has to cut him a $10M check. Maybe he’ll want to play here for 1 year.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

He could pull a Jameis to sit behind the GOAT for a $1M deal but this would only be if he is released.

I have to think he’d likely want to go be the #2 for a team that he has a greater chance of playing, i.e. essentially anywhere but Tampa, KC, GB lol

I see Tampa making 2 more QB moves.

1. drafting a guy in the 3rd, 4th, or 5th round to take over the Ryan Griffin role
      2. Re-signing Blaine
      3. If they dont do #1, also re-signing Griffin.

• GoldsonAges

Participant

Heck, SF wants a 1st for Jimmy G, but much like Teddy we can’t afford to pay him that salary o a year, or two.

I think we will draft a QB the FO thinks will be a good player 3 years down the road when we are going to need a QB.

GottaJaboo wrote:
      (Justin) Evans will be far superior to (Budda) Baker in the pros.

Dan Skipper Sucks! (lost bet)
      Update – UDFA Dan Skipper has been signed by the Dallas Cowboys

• buc-in-out

Participant

Teddy doesn’t have an NFL arm. He throws a pretty tight spiral and can arc them in but I do not believe he’s a real game winning QB in this league. He’ll be an the best backup in the league for the next 10 years.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

I don’t see that happening

• Greattimes

Participant

No. The Bucs already have a backup QB. If the Bucs make any moves this year to obtain a QB, it will be looking at someone young to groom for a year or 2 behind Brady.

• theknees

Participant

The fact that Arians was pining for Teddy last off-season, is as big an indictment on Arians as any one thing. No thinks on Bridge. I say we draft Mond or Mac Jones.

• BucBalla85

Participant

The fact that Arians was pining for Teddy last off-season, is as big an indictment on Arians as any one thing. No thinks on Bridge. I say we draft Mond or Mac Jones.

He just won a super bowl. Pretty happy with the job he did last year…

• kenntak

Participant

It’s a bit disappointing that Griffin and Gabbert have no real future as starting QBs. I would have liked for one of them to be in contention for Brady’s successor, but they just fill roster spots.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

No. The Bucs already have a backup QB. If the Bucs make any moves this year to obtain a QB, it will be looking at someone young to groom for a year or 2 behind Brady.

do they though? i didn’t think Blaine or Ryan were under contract yet?

Only way i consider Teddy is if he is released and will take a Winston type $1M type deal. Otherwise we can’t afford him.

Our priorities have to be:

1 – Re-sign Antonio Brown at 1 year, $5M deal with some voidable years. Quit playing around. Dude caught 2 touchdowns in the playoffs and really came alive last few games of regular season. Is he crazy? For sure. But he acted human last year and i think he’s easily worth what guys like Keenan Cole and DeSean Jackson got. He’s much better than them. Not sure what he is looking for but he shouldn’t balk at $5M.

2 – Re-sign Blaine Gabbert at QB to 1 year, $1.5M deal

3 – Draft for depth and guys that have good shot to make team – Edge, DL, CB, S, OL, QB, etc. By QB, i mean a guy in rounds 3 through 5 that can maybe amount to something after a few years on the bench.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Did theknees really say Justin Evans would be far superior to Buddha Baker? The stupidity of that guy is beyond measuring.

Heck, SF wants a 1st for Jimmy G, but much like Teddy we can’t afford to pay him that salary o a year, or two.

I think we will draft a QB the FO thinks will be a good player 3 years down the road when we are going to need a QB.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Teddy would be an upgrade over what we have now as backup QB’s. But he’ll be at best a solid backup who can spot start. If he’s willing to be paid backup money, I’d bring him in and jettison Gabbert.

• Culo Con Dientes

Participant

Teddy would be an upgrade over what we have now as backup QB’s. But he’ll be at best a solid backup who can spot start. If he’s willing to be paid backup money, I’d bring him in and jettison Gabbert.

The problem is he is not willing to make backup money at this point in his career. You will have to wait until he becomes a FA and gets the Winston/Cam treatment from all the teams not willing to pay him starters money.

• m_j

Participant

Can’t afford him.

Carolina still has to cut him a $10M check. Maybe he’ll want to play here for 1 year.

well, I wouldn‘t call that “play“ :-) and I am not sure they‘re going to cut him anyway

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.