Viewing 83 reply threads

• Author

• Dickens

Participant

I thought the sting would go away a bit overnight, but it hasn’t. Instead, I’m just as pissed off about yesterday’s debacle as I was as it happened. And unfortunately one just like it just happened a few weeks ago. So I'm asking my fellow Buc fan why I should keep my allegiance to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers instead of dropping this team faster than we dropped yesterday's game and adopting a new team that is worth my time, money and passion? Because frankly the teams the Bucs have fielded over the past 6 seasons haven't been worth what Bucs fans like myself have to offer them in terms of support. We have a 29-57 record and haven't made the playoffs over the past 6 seasons. Our owners price gouged us on the way to -- and after winning -- the Super Bowl, and then re-paid us by not spending money, spending a fortune on a soccer franchise and putting a crap product out on the field for several seasons. The Glazers have also made a joke of themselves and their franchise by hiring train wrecks like Raheem, Mark Dominick, Schiano and now Lovie. Staying loyal to Dominick was even more damning than hiring him because he was able to do a few more years worth of damage to our teams in the draft by sticking around. We are 1-5 and cruising for a top 3 draft pick. But not to worry, we'll do just enough to ensure we are one draft spot behind where the best pass rusher and quarterback go in the draft. This team is so bad that yesterday's game looked like my kid was playing with the Ravens and playing on the easy level against the Bucs on Madden for PS4. We should have known the Bucs were going to get creamed when they decided to wear creamsicle socks, which absolutely do not match the rest of the new uniforms, by the way. Not sure what they were thinking wearing those, but at least we can say were uncoordinated all the way around. Lovie and Licht own this mess, but make no mistake; the damage done by Dominick and Co. over the past 5 years as far as our drafts go has done damage to our team that we are probably just now starting to comprehend. For all the people that are calling for Lovie to be fired. Why bother? Until ownership changes, we will remain the joke of the NFL. Ownership has been the one constant in the mess involving our past three head coaches, and I'm done with them. Another team deserves my time, money and passion until the Bucs prove otherwise. Yeah, and some of you may call me a bandwagon fan or whatever you want to call me, but this is the only leverage I have. Jus stop supporting them all together, and then maybe, just maybe, when no more fans are left to watch this pathetic display of professional football, the Glazers will start watching their own team more and Man U. a little less.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bye.  Your tears are like ambrosia to me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you need convincing to continue being a fan, then your choice has been made.You should come back sometime and tell us all about your new team.

Please wait…

• dandrews

Participant

If you need convincing to continue being a fan, then your choice has been made.You should come back sometime and tell us all about your new team.

Okay, Buc D and Alldaway. I guess I should stay loyal to dog poop like you guys. Heck, I was looking for reasons to remain loyal to this team and you guys showed me the way. So, let's stick around together and support our Bucs, shall we? If we're going to be subjected to debacles like the one yesterday and in Atlanta, we might as well come up with a term for it. My recommendation is:Buckaki

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

go root for the jags

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, and some of you may call me a bandwagon fan or whatever you want to call me, but this is the only leverage I have. Jus stop supporting them all together, and then maybe, just maybe, when no more fans are left to watch this pathetic display of professional football, the Glazers will start watching their own team more and Man U. a little less.

In the past, I'd insult you and call you fair weather. But now? No judgments. Do what you need to do.I'll root for a few other teams this year but cannot bring myself to disconnect myself from the Bucs. I'll tell you one thing though. If I lived in Tampa, I would not give one cent to the Glazers and refuse to go to games unless I saw major progress. I feel for the season ticket holders who have already paid.I hope for a sale but don't see it happening. We need a Glazer ex-girlfriend to pull a tape out of her bag that shows the Glazers saying something that will force them to sell ala Sterling.

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

If you are a real Buc fan, you are doing nothing but bad mouthing the team right now and having a good laugh at their failures.  When they make some good moves like bringing in Manziel, you can start to cheer for them again.  Until then, root for each and every opponent on a weekly basis and laugh at the Bucs.  It's worked for me since 2009. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bye

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Real fans stick with their team no matter what. I’m not happy with the team at all right now. I was really unhappy when we hired Lovie. I think we are a national embarrassment and I feel like I’m being punished by someone having to watch them stink it up every Sunday. With all the being said I've never once considered not tuning in every week to take my medicine. Good, bad, terrible this is my team for life. The constant struggle will make success that much more rewarding. Whenever that happens, I'll be there. You want out? Go for it, no one will convince you to try to stay a fan of a team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have seen far worse Bucs teams at the dawn of this franchise.  True this team is on pace to be the worst in history of the franchise which is an unfathomable feat.  However, it is unlikely this team will be this bad by December.

Please wait…

• dandrews

Participant

Yeah, and some of you may call me a bandwagon fan or whatever you want to call me, but this is the only leverage I have. Jus stop supporting them all together, and then maybe, just maybe, when no more fans are left to watch this pathetic display of professional football, the Glazers will start watching their own team more and Man U. a little less.

In the past, I'd insult you and call you fair weather. But now? No judgments. Do what you need to do.I'll root for a few other teams this year but cannot bring myself to disconnect myself from the Bucs. I'll tell you one thing though. If I lived in Tampa, I would not give one cent to the Glazers and refuse to go to games unless I saw major progress. I feel for the season ticket holders who have already paid.I hope for a sale but don't see it happening. We need a Glazer ex-girlfriend to pull a tape out of her bag that shows the Glazers saying something that will force them to sell ala Sterling.

Thank you, Joe! That's what I'm trying to say. I don't "want" to not root for the Bucs because it's all I know. But I almost feel like I have no other choice, for my own health and because ownership just doesn't deserve it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

it is unlikely this team will be this bad by December.

For pete's sake, I hope we're not bumping this post in December!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Be a fan or don’t.I honestly could not give any less of a shit.That goes for you and anyone else. It's nothing personalWhy should I, or anyone else care if you (or anyone else) wants to be a fan of a team or not?Do what you have to do.  Pretty simple.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thank you, Joe! That's what I'm trying to say. I don't "want" to not root for the Bucs because it's all I know. But I almost feel like I have no other choice, for my own health and because ownership just doesn't deserve it.

My good friend and co-worker is a huge Redskins fan and we watch our games together each week. He said the same thing to me yesterday. He doesn't want to watch any more this year because it's not healthy. Repeated stress is not good for you. But for me, I am not stressed. I am just disgusted. The Saints game stressed me out but not the blowouts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I will always be a fan. But the product on the field and the fans in the stands make me sick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

it is unlikely this team will be this bad by December.

For pete's sake, I hope we're not bumping this post in December!

Haha I agree.  :o

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have seen far worse Bucs teams at the dawn of this franchise.  True this team is on pace to be the worst in history of the franchise which is an unfathomable feat.  However, it is unlikely this team will be this bad by December.

Yesterday at 12:59pm I would have agreed with you 100%.  Now, not so sure.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In the past, I'd insult you and call you fair weather. But now? No judgments. Do what you need to do.

This. The past few years are really starting to wear on me. But whenever I start to let that thought creep in to my head, I tell myself I'm already 20 years in, it's bound to turn around. But I can see why some people would jump ship, and I wouldn't blame them. But I never could.Unfortunately, being a Bucs fan is akin to being in a battered womens help group.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I got nothing!

Please wait…

• GARCIAFAN

Participant

being a Bucs fan is akin to being in a battered womens help group.

You just won't listen?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you are a real Buc fan, you are doing nothing but bad mouthing the team right now and having a good laugh at their failures.  When they make some good moves like bringing in Manziel, you can start to cheer for them again.  Until then, root for each and every opponent on a weekly basis and laugh at the Bucs.  It's worked for me since 2009.

thats what I do.  Only 6 times in the last 30 games have I been upset. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Because once you start down that path, there’s only one place it can end – and that place involves Lakers jerseys and Yankees ballcaps.  You wouldn’t want that, would you?Seriously though, I can imagine things getting to the point where I wound up just taking a break from following the NFL for a year or two, but rooting for another team?  The prospect just seems distasteful.  It is what it is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If they don’t get me a QB that I believe or have hope in by week one next season,  I’ll be wondering the same thing.I drove for 4 hours and paid good money to watch them get ran off the field in the first 2 mins.Sad part about this is I see no hope in sight.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Because once you start down that path, there's only one place it can end - and that place involves Lakers jerseys and Yankees ballcaps.  You wouldn't want that, would you?Seriously though, I can imagine things getting to the point where I wound up just taking a break from following the NFL for a year or two, but rooting for another team?  The prospect just seems distasteful.  It is what it is.

Oh hell no... take it back.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If they don't get me a QB that I believe or have hope in by week one next season,  I'll be wondering the same thing.I drove for 4 hours and paid good money to watch them get ran off the field in the first 2 mins.Sad part about this is I see no hope in sight.

Damn that sucks lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Steelers went 40 years without a championship, and that was in a much smaller league. Imagine being a fan from the beginning of that franchise. We’ve had worse talent produce better results. It’s going to take some time for this team to turn it around. I suggest you jump on the nearest bandwagon and leave the Bucs to those of us with some sense of loyalty. You can always jump back again when we have a competitive team again, if you are not too old or dead.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tell Me Why I Shouldn't Drop This Team and Root for Another One?

I get being ticked off.....i'm there now. I even contacted the team and cancelled my payments toward next year. But to shut down something that's been in my blood since my childhood....that ain't possible.If you can just turn off your allegiance and root for another, i'd question how much of a fan you were in the first place.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I get being ticked off.....i'm there now. I even contacted the team and cancelled my payments toward next year. But to shut down something that's been in my blood since my childhood....that ain't possible.If you can just turn off your allegiance and root for another, i'd question how much of a fan you were in the first place.

No kidding. Loser. Let me tell you, there would have been NO Buccaneer fans around by 1979 if they all had this attitude. NONE. And leading up to the 1997- 2002 successes? Well, the Dickens of the world would have been LONG gone. So go root for the Cowboys or Seahawks, BE one of those phony ass front runners we see at the games with their gear. Then go home and feel a part of that. Pfft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No one is going to tell you why you shouldn’t be a Bucs fan anymore. It’s your choice. True the team is disappointing so I couldn’t blame you for going. But Some of us are here for the long run. As painful as it is to watch, we’re too emotionally invested to stop watching.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Meh, it can happen.  I switched my allegiance from my childhood team to the Rays but the circumstance may be different.Betcha the folks at OBP were busy today... I doubt you were alone.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

TLDR. Just popped in to say GTFO. Being a fan isn't wearing a favorite shirt. You can't just drop it and pick another one. Read: You are not and never were a fan.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie is making it easy for me to add another 18 holes to my weekly schedule.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It hit me today that if you started being a fan of the Bucs in 97, then you haven’t had to sit through 2 bad seasons in a row. By bad season, I mean one where the Bucs were eliminated from the playoffs very early on. If the Bucs did have a losing season, they would usually follow it up with a watchable season where they would at least be around .500 and be eliminated in one of the last weeks of the season. I've been a fan since 95, so actually that fits for me too. I guess us younger fans have had it good. I can't imagine 10+ seasons of not even being close to the playoffs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well said Garv.I don't know how one just "chooses" a team to root for.  How does that process even work?Who CHOOSES to be a bucs fan?  Do you choose that in december of the 2002 season??  To me, you don't just "choose" to be a Bucs fan.  You either lived there during the expansion, or you were born into it.  That's what happened to me.  My parents birthed me in tampa and raised me in tampa, I'm 26 now and don't ever imagine not being a Bucs fan, regardless of where I move.  If you chose to be a Bucs fan for some other reason than that you live(d) in Tampa, god bless you!  I just don't know when you would choose to do that.  Maybe in '95 season, or the '97... otherwise, you're just either a sadomasochist or a bandwagoner... or I guess a foreigner who likes underdog piratesMy parents (who birthed me into this) moved to Maine and are Patriots fans now because "why not - they win all the time"  - I'm like, WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?My wife is a packer fan from a wisconsin ticket-holding packer family - and asks me yesterday, "why don't you just root for the packers with me?"  I'm like "HELL no, that's too easy"  She's like, "well do you think you'll ever be a packer fan" I'm like "HELLLLL no, and neither will our son!"  She shrugs and I go back to watching my Bucs getting blown out 28-0 in the first quarterif you want to root for a team to "feel like a winner" then you need to check yourself.  I don't get that.  I don't get bandwagoning Cowboys fans, or bandwagoning steelers fans, or bandwagoning seattle fans - I mean, what gives you the "right" to think you're "one of them"... you're just a poser.  YEAH THAT'S RIGHT, MY PARENTS ARE POSERS, I HOPE YOU'RE READING THIS MOM

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Steelers went 40 years without a championship, and that was in a much smaller league. Imagine being a fan from the beginning of that franchise. We've had worse talent produce better results. It's going to take some time for this team to turn it around. I suggest you jump on the nearest bandwagon and leave the Bucs to those of us with some sense of loyalty. You can always jump back again when we have a competitive team again, if you are not too old or dead.

+1 and lmao especially the old or dead part!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just forget about the team until draft day. Until then root for a college team or some NFL players or your fantasy team. I usually don’t completely check out til we’re plausibly eliminated from the playoffs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Betcha the folks at OBP were busy today... I doubt you were alone.

Their reply:"You do know that by cancelling the payment plan, you won't be excluded from any potential price increase"My response:"You're joking, right? There is no way there will be a price increase for that craptastic product they're trotting out there. If the players can quit, so will I. Send me my money, please."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well said Garv.I don't know how one just "chooses" a team to root for.  How does that process even work?Who CHOOSES to be a bucs fan?  Do you choose that in december of the 2002 season??  To me, you don't just "choose" to be a Bucs fan.  You either lived there during the expansion, or you were born into it.  That's what happened to me.  My parents birthed me in tampa and raised me in tampa, I'm 26 now and don't ever imagine not being a Bucs fan, regardless of where I move.  If you chose to be a Bucs fan for some other reason than that you live(d) in Tampa, god bless you!  I just don't know when you would choose to do that.  Maybe in '95 season, or the '97... otherwise, you're just either a sadomasochist or a bandwagoner... or I guess a foreigner who likes underdog piratesMy parents (who birthed me into this) moved to Maine and are Patriots fans now because "why not - they win all the time"  - I'm like, WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?My wife is a packer fan from a wisconsin ticket-holding packer family - and asks me yesterday, "why don't you just root for the packers with me?"  I'm like "HELL no, that's too easy"  She's like, "well do you think you'll ever be a packer fan" I'm like "HELLLLL no, and neither will our son!"  She shrugs and I go back to watching my Bucs getting blown out 28-0 in the first quarterif you want to root for a team to "feel like a winner" then you need to check yourself.  I don't get that.  I don't get bandwagoning Cowboys fans, or bandwagoning steelers fans, or bandwagoning seattle fans - I mean, what gives you the "right" to think you're "one of them"... you're just a poser.  YEAH THAT'S RIGHT, MY PARENTS ARE POSERS, I HOPE YOU'RE READING THIS MOM

LMAO.....freakin awesome post!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not gonna lie… it’s been DOWNRIGHT EMBARRASSING wearing my Bucs gear during and AFTER the blunder games in the last month.Sad that you can be ASHAMED to have a $300 jersey on. Think about THAT!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not gonna lie... it's been DOWNRIGHT EMBARRASSING wearing my Bucs gear during and AFTER the blunder games in the last month.Sad that you can be ASHAMED to have a $300 jersey on. Think about THAT!

The $300 jerseys have the hockey sleeves too?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seriously…..this sounds like a typical Buc fan.  If you’re willing to change the team you are rooting for, you were NEVER really a fan of that team.  Wow.  Who you got in mind, BTW?  The Jags, Broncos, maybe the Cowboys, they just beat Seattle….hell, how bout the Ravens?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What did they tell you ??I'm one more bad game away from calling to cancel my payments also. Do they refund you or give you a credit ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Post of the week right here, ladies and gents!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Great post.I'm one of the rare one's who was not born in Tampa nor were my parents. I'm from the Philly area and became a fan after they beat the Eagles in the NFCCG. My dad is from the New York area so he raised me to be a fan of all New York teams and hate Philly, but I never really started watching football until 2002, when I was in 4th grade. Seeing the Bucs beat the Eagles and seeing the silence from all the Eagles fans after how confident they were was just amazing. That (and the fact that I thought the pirate ship logo was badass when I was 10) is how I became a Bucs fan. Definitely wouldn't consider myself a bandwagon though because I've been with this team ever since despite all the losing and I could never stop watching this team, no matter how bad it gets. I'm too emotionally invested into this team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What did they tell you ??I'm one more bad game away from calling to cancel my payments also. Do they refund you or give you a credit ?

they said no refunds....only credit towards future ticket purchases. I haven't pushed the issue....yet!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Now this Buccaneer fan GETS IT! Great post with a funny and classic finish! ^5

Please wait…

• mfitzpatrick

Participant

The Bucs are doing bad , so yes you should get a different team …just like if your kid messes up , get a new kid …Parents piss you off- Forget about it ..get new parents …your spouse upsets you , just change to a different spouse ….Neighbor piss you off…move to a new neighborhood …Friends make you mad get new friends ……Point is it is life you cant win it all- all  the time … i have been pulling for this team since 1976 and i am a Real loyal fan and i will be watching them again in 2 weeks for better or worse because they are my team .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

they said no refunds....only credit towards future ticket purchases. I haven't pushed the issue....yet!

Mother f*ckers .... >:(

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If it’s even an option then you probably should.  Couldn’t look at myself in the mirror if I started rooting for some other team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“please convince me to keep being a fan”no thanks, cya.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Reasons you shouldn’t drop your team when they are bad :Because you have a penis and balls , not a vagina.Any other questions ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What concerns me is that in almost all my years of being a fan my mind could always conjure up some hope in the future. This year is the first time I just don’t see it. This team is getting blown out by middle of the road teams. Our coach is adamant nothing changes. We are severely lacking talent on both O-Line and D-Line. It is difficult to find anything on this team that gives me hope.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What concerns me is that in almost all my years of being a fan my mind could always conjure up some hope in the future. This year is the first time I just don't see it. This team is getting blown out by middle of the road teams. Our coach is adamant nothing changes. We are severely lacking talent on both O-Line and D-Line. It is difficult to find anything on this team that gives me hope.

That's the worst part of this whole thing... I see NOTHING right now that makes me think it will get better soon... nothing to have hope in.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you chose to be a Bucs fan for some other reason than that you live(d) in Tampa, god bless you!  I just don't know when you would choose to do that.  Maybe in '95 season, or the '97... otherwise, you're just either a sadomasochist or a bandwagoner... or I guess a foreigner who likes underdog pirates

Awesome post.  Although I think maybe that should be central Florida rather than Tampa.  I've never lived in Tampa, but I was born in Melbourne.  So the Bucs were still the closest thing I had to a home team growing up.

Please wait…

• dandrews

Participant

Predictable. "You are not a real fan, blah blah blah." I am a fan and have been since the 1980s. So I have seen some bad teams. What makes this team tough to root for is ownership. Sorry, but I don't support mediocrity unconditionally. And neither should you!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Grow a pair , Dickens.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Predictable. "You are not a real fan, blah blah blah." I am a fan and have been since the 1980s. So I have seen some bad teams. What makes this team tough to root for is ownership. Sorry, but I don't support mediocrity unconditionally. And neither should you!

No, you're a front runner, a bandwagon "fan." Own it. Hell, you already have. You think Buccaneer fans LIKE what's happening now? Did they LIKE 0-26? Noooooo. But we stuck with our team and life goes on and hopefully things get better. They did before and eventually they will again. Then you can come back and claim you were on board all along...... like most bandwagon "fans" do. So be it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ups and downs are part of being a fan of a team. If you are a true Bucs fan this disappointment comes as no surprise and should feel almost normal.. SMHThings will get better some day.... though I doubt it will happen in this decade.GO BUCS!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Most real fans can’t just drop their team and go to another.Trust me, I would have done it already if I could.  I just can't seriously root for another team.

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

Most real fans can't just drop their team and go to another.Trust me, I would have done it already if I could.  I just can't seriously root for another team.

I was as die hard a Buc fan as you can get.  For over 30 years, I would be looking forward to the Bucs game on Sunday more than anything else.  I'd live and die with the team.  If they won, I'd be happy as hell.  When they lost, it used to hurt so bad that I would feel bad at least a couple of days.  This went on through the late 70's, 80's, 90's, through 2007.  When the Bucs won the Super Bowl, that was one of the best days of my life.  All those years of suffering had finally been vindicated!  In the mid 2000's, (after the Glazers acquired Manchester United), I was getting the impression the Glazers weren't interested in spending money on the Bucs anymore.  Then after 2007 (playoff season), the Glazers jacked the ticket prices up 35% in one season.  But they didn't raise them 35% across the board, they only raised them that much in the areas where the long time 30 year Buc fans were seated.  The Glazers obviously don't appreciate that there was a die hard fan core who had been there through thick and thin with the team for years - and they decided to (censored) on them.  I could afford the 35% increase, but I felt it was unethical - so I cancelled my season tickets at the end of the 2007 season.  It was a shame because I loved coach Gruden and was quite proud to have him as our head coach.    In my opinion, guys like him are what football is all about.  The perfect head coach for the Bucs.Then just 1 year after shafting the Buc fans with a 35% increase in one year, they decide to fire the one good thing about the team - Jon Gruden.  The Glazers already got their 35% ticket raise using Gruden's name and success as bait, no need to keep him around anymore.  Might as well replace him with a puppet buffoon in Raheem Morris who they could more easily control.  It was at that point that I not only didn't buy season tickets anymore, but didn't respect the team at all anymore.  I've been cheering for whatever team opposes the Bucs every week since then.I'm still hopeful they will make at least one good move, like bringing in a Manziel at QB so I can become a fan again.  But they haven't made a good move in years.  It was fun cheering for the Ravens last week.  I haven't laughed that hard since the Falcons game.  And those orange socks with those crap uniforms Sunday?  LOL!!!!  Laughter keeps you young.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Most real fans can't just drop their team and go to another.Trust me, I would have done it already if I could.  I just can't seriously root for another team.

I was as die hard a Buc fan as you can get.  For over 30 years, I would be looking forward to the Bucs game on Sunday more than anything else.  I'd live and die with the team.  If they won, I'd be happy as hell.  When they lost, it used to hurt so bad that I would feel bad at least a couple of days.  This went on through the late 70's, 80's, 90's, through 2007.  When the Bucs won the Super Bowl, that was one of the best days of my life.  All those years of suffering had finally been vindicated!  In the mid 2000's, (after the Glazers acquired Manchester United), I was getting the impression the Glazers weren't interested in spending money on the Bucs anymore.  Then after 2007 (playoff season), the Glazers jacked the ticket prices up 35% in one season.  But they didn't raise them 35% across the board, they only raised them that much in the areas where the long time 30 year Buc fans were seated.  The Glazers obviously don't appreciate that there was a die hard fan core who had been there through thick and thin with the team for years - and they decided to (censored) on them.  I could afford the 35% increase, but I felt it was unethical - so I cancelled my season tickets at the end of the 2007 season.  It was a shame because I loved coach Gruden and was quite proud to have him as our head coach.    In my opinion, guys like him are what football is all about.  The perfect head coach for the Bucs.Then just 1 year after shafting the Buc fans with a 35% increase in one year, they decide to fire the one good thing about the team - Jon Gruden.  The Glazers already got their 35% ticket raise using Gruden's name and success as bait, no need to keep him around anymore.  Might as well replace him with a puppet buffoon in Raheem Morris who they could more easily control.  It was at that point that I not only didn't buy season tickets anymore, but didn't respect the team at all anymore.  I've been cheering for whatever team opposes the Bucs every week since then.I'm still hopeful they will make at least one good move, like bringing in a Manziel at QB so I can become a fan again.  But they haven't made a good move in years.  It was fun cheering for the Ravens last week.  I haven't laughed that hard since the Falcons game.  And those orange socks with those crap uniforms Sunday?  LOL!!!!  Laughter keeps you young.

You seem proud of yourself. A classic bandwagon fan, going from team to team when things don't go your way. You've made your point. Don't know you, don't want to.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What a load of shlt, dude. If you have a been a Bucs fan through the Culverhouse days then I'm sure you could tolerate the Glazers firing Gruden. So, I'm pretty sure you're lying your ass off about being a fan of the Bucs in the 70s and 80s, and more than likely started rooting for the Bucs in 1997. Granted, I don't blame you for canceling your season tix, but to root for all things not TB Bucs? Absurd and childish. For the record, we don't want you to come back when we get good again. You Bandwagoneer! You suck.

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

A classic bandwagon fan, going from team to team when things don't go your way.

So your definition of a bandwagon fan is to be a fan who watches and cheers for the Bucs every game from 1976 through 2008 (over 30 years), and owns season tickets to the Bucs from 1978 through 2007?Ya, real bandwagon there.

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

If you have a been a Bucs fan through the Culverhouse days then I'm sure you could tolerate the Glazers firing Gruden.

Not true.  Culverhouse never did anything even close to that dumb.The worst things Culverhouse did was not signing Doug Williams, drafting Bo Jackson first overall after he already told him he wouldn't play for the Bucs, hiring Leeman Bennet, Ray Perkins and Richard Williamson, and being "left at the alter" by Bill Parcells.    Those are all nothing compared to firing Jon Gruden and replacing him with Raheem Morris.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So your definition of a bandwagon fan is to be a fan who watches and cheers for the Bucs every game from 1976 through 2008 (over 30 years), and owns season tickets to the Bucs from 1978 through 2007?Ya, real bandwagon there.

CLASSIC bandwagon "fan." Rooting for the Ravens and any other team to beat the Buccaneers because Jon Gruden got fired? Hell, I didn't like that either but wouldn't become a Falcons fan over it. Fans like you are losers, the kind that lives here and shows up to games in Cowboy jerseys or any other team of the day doing well. I GET that you are a bandwagon "fan" and you've admitted as such. Own it and move on, hopefully to the Ravens message board for a week or two. Maybe the Vikings? They'll be here in ten days or so.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you have a been a Bucs fan through the Culverhouse days then I'm sure you could tolerate the Glazers firing Gruden.

Not true.  Culverhouse never did anything even close to that dumb.The worst things Culverhouse did was not signing Doug Williams, drafting Bo Jackson first overall after he already told him he wouldn't play for the Bucs, hiring Leeman Bennet, Ray Perkins and Richard Williamson, and being "left at the alter" by Bill Parcells.    Those are all nothing compared to firing Jon Gruden and replacing him with Raheem Morris.

LOL All bad deals for sure. Culverhouse not paying players or upgrading the Sombrero EVER leading us to YEARS of double digit losing seasons was kind of sort of bad. But nothing compared to firing Jon Gruden? You're either lying or koo koo for coacao puffs and either way a CLASSIC, and rather annoying, bandwagon "fan." No denying that. LOL

Please wait…

• richhussey

Participant

You were a real fan until 2008 at which point you became a bandwagoner.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I find a new reason to be a fan every year. Kind of a necessity after numerous years of being out of the playoff hunt after the first 1/3 of the year. I will always enjoy the games, that won’t change. When the team is good, I watch and root for a win. When the team sucks I watch players on the team and root for them. I'm currently rooting for Mike Glennon to improve every game as it means we win long term. I'm also rooting for McCoy sacks and to see ASJ and Evans continued improvement. My answer to the OP is that if you don't enjoy watching anymore, it means you aren't a fan anymore so feel free to find another team. I'll be a fan until I stop enjoying watching then i'll do something else. After the last few years, I fear i'll never smarten up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My answer to the OP is that if you don't enjoy watching anymore, it means you aren't a fan anymore so feel free to find another team. I'll be a fan until I stop enjoying watching then i'll do something else. After the last few years, I fear i'll never smarten up.

No one should be expected to enjoy watching 'suck' football. That does not define one's fandom.However, switching your allegiance from one NFL team to another due to bad performance is worthy of criticism. Personally, it is impossible for me to root for any other franchise than the Bucs. I was born and raised in Tampa......and still live here. UNFORTUNATELY, being a Bucs fan is in my blood.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are you a paid Troll?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought the sting would go away a bit overnight, but it hasn't. Instead, I'm just as pissed off about yesterday's debacle as I was as it happened. And unfortunately one just like it just happened a few weeks ago. So I'm asking my fellow Buc fan why I should keep my allegiance to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers instead of dropping this team faster than we dropped yesterday's game and adopting a new team that is worth my time, money and passion? Because frankly the teams the Bucs have fielded over the past 6 seasons haven't been worth what Bucs fans like myself have to offer them in terms of support. We have a 29-57 record and haven't made the playoffs over the past 6 seasons. Our owners price gouged us on the way to -- and after winning -- the Super Bowl, and then re-paid us by not spending money, spending a fortune on a soccer franchise and putting a crap product out on the field for several seasons. The Glazers have also made a joke of themselves and their franchise by hiring train wrecks like Raheem, Mark Dominick, Schiano and now Lovie. Staying loyal to Dominick was even more damning than hiring him because he was able to do a few more years worth of damage to our teams in the draft by sticking around. We are 1-5 and cruising for a top 3 draft pick. But not to worry, we'll do just enough to ensure we are one draft spot behind where the best pass rusher and quarterback go in the draft. This team is so bad that yesterday's game looked like my kid was playing with the Ravens and playing on the easy level against the Bucs on Madden for PS4. We should have known the Bucs were going to get creamed when they decided to wear creamsicle socks, which absolutely do not match the rest of the new uniforms, by the way. Not sure what they were thinking wearing those, but at least we can say were uncoordinated all the way around. Lovie and Licht own this mess, but make no mistake; the damage done by Dominick and Co. over the past 5 years as far as our drafts go has done damage to our team that we are probably just now starting to comprehend. For all the people that are calling for Lovie to be fired. Why bother? Until ownership changes, we will remain the joke of the NFL. Ownership has been the one constant in the mess involving our past three head coaches, and I'm done with them. Another team deserves my time, money and passion until the Bucs prove otherwise. Yeah, and some of you may call me a bandwagon fan or whatever you want to call me, but this is the only leverage I have. Jus stop supporting them all together, and then maybe, just maybe, when no more fans are left to watch this pathetic display of professional football, the Glazers will start watching their own team more and Man U. a little less.

I agree with your points about support, showing up to the games and buying merchandise.  However, I will alway watch and be a fan of the Bucs until they move to London:). The enjoyment of success is predicated of one's endurance to the challenge.  This sucks and has been a big failure, but just like the KC Royals, one day we will be great again which will make it seem even sweeter.  At least your not a Cubs fan!

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

move on, hopefully to the Ravens message board for a week or two. Maybe the Vikings? They’ll be here in ten days or so.

I am only a fan of the opposing team during the games against the Bucs.  I don't care anything about them before or after the game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

move on, hopefully to the Ravens message board for a week or two. Maybe the Vikings? They'll be here in ten days or so.

I am only a fan of the opposing team during the games against the Bucs.  I don't care anything about them before or after the game.

Well THAT changes everything! You're the real deal alright, CLASSIC bandwagon fan and proud of it.To each his own though I personally find it obnoxious.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh boy, let me tell you, this season has been hard, especially with my mother being ill from lung cancer. When I read posts like these, it just motivates me to stay a fan! You don’t pussy out during the bad time, you embrace them! When we get good again you’ll come crawling back on your knees ready to call us your daddy.You will NEVER enjoy our next good period like those enduring now will.Pewter N' Red Till The Day I'm DEAD!!!

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

Luke-Kuechly.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Luke-Kuechly.jpg

We get it, you have a mancrush on him. Or you don't and this is an elaborate troll account someone's getting paid to perform and omg how do I get that job? PR?

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

That was posted for someone else.  I’m not the Panthers fan.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I always treated sports as something I have no control over, that way I won’t feel affected all that much if the bucs lose. In times like these I watch buc games with not much attachment towards them. I try to view the games as a form of entertainment kind of like watching tv shows because like I said there is no point in getting pissed off over something you have no control over. Now, it might be different if you spend money to watch the games, since that is a big indication that you care way too much about the games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I always treated sports as something I have no control over, that way I won't feel affected all that much if the bucs lose. In times like these I watch buc games with not much attachment towards them. I try to view the games as a form of entertainment kind of like watching tv shows because like I said there is no point in getting pissed off over something you have no control over. Now, it might be different if you spend money to watch the games, since that is a big indication that you care way too much about the games.

ahhh....your SN is pewterblood. I bet you have some pissed off in there. I always throw pillows when things don't go well.  Great stress relief.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why don’t you drop the team? Because as I always say, fandom isn’t based on wins and losses. Assertive individuals make choices and then stick with them. When I was a child I did what you’re doing: Browns, Dolphins, Niners, Jets. I chose the Bucs and that’s it for me. And you know what? I appreciate their existence, even when they’re bad. Before Sunday Ticket I rarely got to see them. There are strikes. I could go blind or die. Do what you want. But I not only root for the team but the happiness of the posters on this board to a degree. I grill and watch the Bucs. That works for me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I always treated sports as something I have no control over, that way I won't feel affected all that much if the bucs lose. In times like these I watch buc games with not much attachment towards them. I try to view the games as a form of entertainment kind of like watching tv shows because like I said there is no point in getting pissed off over something you have no control over. Now, it might be different if you spend money to watch the games, since that is a big indication that you care way too much about the games.

+1000 you should've seen the Bammers around here that make football their entire identity after the loss. I've never seen a Wal Mart so full of gloom and doom.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My question is..when are they going to make a good enough football team that people can be fans of?Because, as it stands now, there isn't a lot to be a fan of.Multiple losing seasons, bad drafts, bad FA's, bad coaching no matter who coaches, players and directors being arrested, good players being cast off, and ownership that is too busy with futball to pretend to notice.Do you root for crap? ..because that is what you're being a fan of. Failure, arrests, apathy...that is what you're supporting if you are a fan of this team. It's a sick, sad reality.Had I not been a fan growing up, and local, I would not even watch this crap. I'd stop wasting my time and move on, like many, many other people have.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh boy, let me tell you, this season has been hard, especially with my mother being ill from lung cancer. When I read posts like these, it just motivates me to stay a fan! You don't pussy out during the bad time, you embrace them! When we get good again you'll come crawling back on your knees ready to call us your daddy.You will NEVER enjoy our next good period like those enduring now will.Pewter N' Red Till The Day I'm DEAD!!!

sorry to hear about your mother Beatles. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh boy, let me tell you, this season has been hard, especially with my mother being ill from lung cancer. When I read posts like these, it just motivates me to stay a fan! You don't pussy out during the bad time, you embrace them! When we get good again you'll come crawling back on your knees ready to call us your daddy.You will NEVER enjoy our next good period like those enduring now will.Pewter N' Red Till The Day I'm DEAD!!!

sorry to hear about your mother Beatles.

As am I. That's a very tough situation and we'll be thinking of your and your family.

Please wait…

Viewing 83 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.