Viewing 45 reply threads

• Author

• Jokes on U

Participant

The Buccaneers swap the 7th pick for the 30th pick so the 49ers can draft Mike Evans. In return the Buccaneers get the 49ers first of two 2nd round picks, first of three 3rd round picks, and their 4th round pick. #fire1st Round 30th pick - QB Jimmy Garoppolo2nd Round 38th pick - WR Allen Robinson2nd Round 56th pick - TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins3rd Round 69th pick - OL Billy Turner3rd Round 77th pick - OG Gabe Jackson4th Round 129th pick - WR Josh Huff5th Round 143rd pick - WR Jeff Janus

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I love getting all the picks, but not sure if I’d want Garapollo at 30. That draft definitely fills some holes though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Interesting idea that has been hashed over a few dozen times. If it happened, there would be sooooo many different options and scenarios. This one isn’t bad imo. Fills every hole on offense…..but no defensive picks at all? Not sure I buy that from Lovie.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Have cooled on Jimmy G because under fire he looks bad. Not a fan of Robinson over a lot of the other WRs. ASJ at the bottom of r2might be the right risk reward for a guy who is apparently doing little to make himself look better.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

we sucked waaaaay too bad to be picking at 30. We need an alpha male, not a bunch of jags.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Drop from 7 to 30?! Um no thanks. There’s going to be an elite player available at 7.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not bad. I wouldnt take a TE this year though. Meyers and Wright should be good enough for us not to have to use that valuable of a pick on a TE.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Have cooled on Jimmy G because under fire he looks bad.

Still waiting to see some actual game footage where I can see this.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Drop from 7 to 30?! Um no thanks. There's going to be an elite player available at 7.

Four top 100 picks for one top 10 pick is solid gold man. I would demand two of their three 3rds instead of a 3rd and 4th....but I'd take this deal every time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we are not taking one of the top 3 QBs, then we need to ignore the QB position until late in the draft..or just not draft one period. Trade out Jimmy G for the BPA. Maybe someone like Dee Ford, Kony Ealy, Su'a-Filo, or Verrett.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wouldn’t want to move all the way back to 30, but if we did end up with that haul I’d actually be happy haha. I’m not a big fan of Garrapolo but I like the next few picks. I don’t see ANY chance of Lovie going all Offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d have no problem with this mock idea.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

imo bad dealonly deal i'll take:1st, 2nd, 3rd this year & 1st next year or 1st, two 2nd & a 3rd round this year

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No defensive players taken in that mock. That. Is. Not. Happening.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Id be down with that trade but no way on Garroppoloat that point you take BPA. someone like Xavier Sua Filo, Ryan Shazier if Lovie thinks he can play MIKE, Morgan Mosesswitch out Huff for a DL, a guy like Kareem Martin if hes still there, Anthonly Johnson or Ego Ferguson if theyre still there

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2014/03/05/qb-jimmy-garoppolo-knockout/You can really see the flinches in several of the videos.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2014/03/05/qb-jimmy-garoppolo-knockout/You can really see the flinches in several of the videos.

"...He wouldn't be on my board...."Wow. Really? I think the author brings up some valid points with the guy however, there are also plenty of good things about him in that film. Movement in and outside the pocket, multiple reads, uses his eyes to deceive the defense, and of course, the quick release....which could be deadly in an offense like Tedfords. I don't believe he is a Day One pick but he is going on Day Two and deservedly so. To say you wouldn't even have him on your draft board is shortsighted and reeks of bias. Let this kid ride the bench for a bit and coach him up, and he can be a very good QB in this league.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"...He wouldn't be on my board...."Wow. Really? I think the author brings up some valid points with the guy however, there are also plenty of good things about him in that film. Movement in and outside the pocket, multiple reads, uses his eyes to deceive the defense, and of course, the quick release....which could be deadly in an offense like Tedfords. I don't believe he is a Day One pick but he is going on Day Two and deservedly so. To say you wouldn't even have him on your draft board is shortsighted and reeks of bias. Let this kid ride the bench for a bit and coach him up, and he can be a very good QB in this league.

And then the same author goes on to compare Manziel to Ali. Geez.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would love to trade back, but going all the way back to 30 they would need to sweeten the pot a little.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Carr > Jimmy G

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like the trade, but not who we “used” the picks on.  I am all for moving back from #7, but not for this lot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Great post. I think your spot on. I like the kid, but not at 30. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being  drafted by the Saints as an eventual successor to Brees. Who better to learn from for a few seasons than Payton/Brees? That being said, I hope he don't.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wasn't even gonna say anything cause I figured I would be accused of not being able to admit any flaws in my "man crushes"....but honestly, when this guy said that Garoppolo wouldn't even be on his board!? I pretty much threw this entire article out the window and chalked it up as a biased piece of crap.Jimmy does have some flaws and has to figure out how to avoid pressure and extend plays better, but he still remains calm and tries to do the right thing when under pressure so I don't think it's a case of panic or mental breakdown. He actually throws the ball away when there is nothing open more than any college QB I have seen....which is a sign of great decision making. I think he's a great 3rd round prospect that could end up being an excellent starter in a year or two.

Please wait…

• dandrews

Participant

I actually don’t mind this trade. It allows us to acquire more picks in one of the deepest drafts in recent memory. And if we take Jimmy G. in the second round, he’s not that far off the top QB in the draft (there’s not even a consensus for one). And if Jimmy G. sucks we can justify taking a QB in next year’s first round if we needed to. Not saying this trade scenario is great, but I wouldn’t personally mind it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thats not enough. Need their first next year too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed..starting point should be what Atlanta gave up when they moved up to draft Julio.  This is a farther jump, so I would expect an even bigger package coming to the Bucs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is an updated point chart created this year. It's still not perfect, but it is all we have to base things off of. If you go back over the last three years since the new CBA and check all the big trades to this chart, it is pretty accurate. http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.aspSo the difference between pick 7 (1500) and pick 30 (620) is 880 points. This trade gives us their 56th (340), 77th (205), and 129th (43) pick for a total of 588 points. That is 292 points short according to the chart. 292 just happens to be the exact amount of point value for their 2nd pick in the second round. So really we should get both 2nd picks, their top 3rd, and their 4th. The proposed trade falls short and wouldn't be a very good trade for the Bucs.....but adding a first next year is too rich. Even if they win the Super Bowl and pick last, that pick has a 600 point value. Besides that, I'd rather have a 2nd in this draft over a 1st next year. This is a great 2nd round.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is an updated point chart created this year. It's still not perfect, but it is all we have to base things off of. If you go back over the last three years since the new CBA and check all the big trades to this chart, it is pretty accurate. http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.aspSo the difference between pick 7 (1500) and pick 30 (620) is 880 points. This trade gives us their 56th (340), 77th (205), and 129th (43) pick for a total of 588 points. That is 292 points short according to the chart. 292 just happens to be the exact amount of point value for their 2nd pick in the second round. So really we should get both 2nd picks, their top 3rd, and their 4th. The proposed trade falls short and wouldn't be a very good trade for the Bucs.....but adding a first next year is too rich. Even if they win the Super Bowl and pick last, that pick has a 600 point value. Besides that, I'd rather have a 2nd in this draft over a 1st next year. This is a great 2nd round.

Works for me...hope it happens.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Now that trade I would take.  A late first, 3 2nds, and 2 3rds in this draft would be solid.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

San Francisco 49ers chief open to Michael Sam signing(CNN) -- There will be no room for homophobia at the 2014 NFL Draft, according to San Francisco 49ers owner and co-chairman John York.When the three-day event, taking place between May 8-10, rolls into town, much of the media's attention is likely to be focused on Michael Sam -- the former Missouri Tigers defensive end who came out as gay in February.The college football star is expected to be drafted in the latter rounds, and if so, he will become the first active player in the NFL to have publicly declared his homosexuality. A handful of teams are reportedly interested in recruiting the 24-year-old, and York insists that -- regardless of Sam's sexuality -- he would have him at the 49ers should he be deemed good enough."If he is the right person and we have a need at that position and he shows the capability on film, what his sexual orientation is would not matter in our locker room," York told CNN.Sam's decision to come out earlier this year means he joins the growing list of sports stars who have opted to reveal their homosexuality. Former German international footballer Thomas Hitzlsperger, Puerto Rican featherweight boxer Orlando Cruz and NBA player Jason Collins have all come out in recent years, however, they have decided to do so during the latter stages of their careers.A small number of NFL players, too, have chosen to come out in the past, but only once their professional careers had come to an end -- starting with David Kopay in 1975.The prospect of Sam becoming the first openly gay athlete in the league is simply a natural progression for the sport, according to York, given that Kopay's own admission occurred nearly 40 years ago."The truth of the matter is even though we haven't had players who are playing come out openly, we're further along in this curve than people want to make out," he said. "I think it's just natural that there are players in any sport and in any other area of business that there are people of different orientations throughout the population."Should Sam move on to the 49ers next month, he could find himself lining up next to Jonathan Martin, who has also had his own personal problems to deal with.Martin, who arrived in San Francisco from the Miami Dolphins last month, was the target of harassment and bullying from three former teammates.An independent report found the 24-year-old had been the victim of "sexually explicit remarks" and "racial insults" from Richie Incognito, John Jerry and Mike Pouncey, while it was revealed that Martin contemplated suicide as a result of their actions. But while there has been much sympathy for the offensive tackle in the weeks since, some have suggested he broke the locker room's code of silence -- a claim that York is quick to refute."No I don't believe so," he said. "The locker room needs to be a professional atmosphere."Obviously there's an element of privacy that's in the locker room but there's also an element that needs to be professional and Jonathan will be a part of that professional locker room in the 49ers." York added: "There is a code of conduct that needs to be modeled everywhere, no matter where it is. People have to be treated with respect, with dignity and given the opportunity to maintain their own lives."York feels the signing of Martin, who has worked with 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh in the past, is proof that his team is doing its best to further the NFL's boundaries."I think that we've played a role in that being the San Francisco bay area in trying to be a leader and recognizing that individual rights play a role within sports as they do in the rest of the world," he said.

I don't think they'll do the trade, considering they would probably have to miss out on Sam.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah. Two 2nds, a 3rd, and a 4th for dropping back 23 spots? Sold. The four players you can get with those picks have more value than anyone one player you can get at #7.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think it is as likely for the 49ers to trade up as I once did though. They will be missing Navarro Bowman for at least half the season. Aldon Smith won’t be playing for the 49ers this season….if ever. Justin Smith is 34 years old. Thier secondary sucks. They need to add some talent to their WR corps for sure and they really need to draft a solid back up QB cause right now Blaine Gabbert is their back up plan if Kap gets hurt. Thier roster isn’t as solid as I thought and they can definitely use all those picks. I don’t think they make the huge trade up that the media is saying they will.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Eh. To drop that far, it’d have to include at least next years’ first as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

. If he is so fundamentally flawed why would you draft him?  In retrospect was Blaine Gabbert really a draftable prospect? Russel? Aren't there flaws that go beyond day 1 vs day 2 issues?  You watch the tape and you see that his first instinct, not something coached, is to seize up when he feels pressure - not even when there is actual pressure.  That isn't a problem to be worked out. That flinch and then move which he gets away with in college is gonna be a killer when he gets to the NFL and guys are faster than NIU and Tennessee State.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

FWIW future draft picks are typically valued on the chart as a full round lower (so a 1st next year would have the same point value as a 2nd this year)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the linked article is a garbage assassination piece by a guy with clear bias. So he picked out 10 or 12 bad plays out of about 700 over the past two years and painted an ugly picture. It ignores all the good things Garoppolo does and focuses on the negative. Even overexaggerates it by saying he shouldn’t even be drafted. In a vacuum it makes Garoppolo appear horrible in the same way a Highlight video in a vacuum makes him look like a HoFer. I could do the exact same thing with any QB. I could do this Tom Brady and make him look bad. It’s garbage.Also, I think he widens his stance and get low to get more explosive and agile when he is ready to run. It's instinctual. He has to learn to move around without doing that for sure. It could end up being a big problem or something that is easily overcome. It certainly is not the death sentence this article would have you think.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the linked article is a garbage assassination piece by a guy with clear bias. So he picked out 10 or 12 bad plays out of about 700 over the past two years and painted a picture. It ignores all the good thing Garoppolo does and focuses on the negative. Even overexaggerates it by saying he shouldn't even be drafted. I could do the exact same thing with any QB. I could do this Tom Brady and make him look bad. It's garbage,

So out of 700 plays how many good ones have you seen?  I mean seriously we all know you weren't watching whatever directional Midwestern state he played for.  I love how it is an "agenda" to not like the same prospect as you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Picking out 12 bad plays and painting an inaccurate picture isn’t an agenda? And let's not pretend like Jimmy Garoppolo is "My Guy". I think he is a 3rd round prospect who could be good if he sits a year or two. For christs sake man. I love how anytime I don't agree with someones opinions it's because I'm being unreasonably biased for one of "My Guys". I don't care if you or the author of that article likes the same player as I do....but I am going to call out bullsh!t when I see it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Picking out 12 bad plays and painting an inaccurate picture isn't an agenda? And let's not pretend like Jimmy Garoppolo is "My Guy". I think he is a 3rd round prospect who could be good if he sits a year or two. For christs sake man. I love how anytime I don't agree with someones opinions it's because I'm being unreasonably biased for one of "My Guys". I don't care if you or the author of that article likes the same player as I do....but I am going to call out bullsh!t when I see it.

So you are assuming that the 12 plays is all he saw, despite the fact that the article mentions these are not the only plays he saw?  You expect a link to every play in a breakdown? Talk about bull spit back peddling.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

we sucked waaaaay too bad to be picking at 30. We need an alpha male, not a bunch of jags.

This.That's why I hate these crap trading back ideas.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That is not enough compensation. Their 1st and 4th are end of the round picks. Honestly if Chicago wanted to trade up from 15 they would need to give up their 2nd and 4th at least... to move back only 8 spots. That trade is a Dummynik deal. No way LL would do that unless they add next years 1st to the package.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Picking out 12 bad plays and painting an inaccurate picture isn't an agenda? And let's not pretend like Jimmy Garoppolo is "My Guy". I think he is a 3rd round prospect who could be good if he sits a year or two. For christs sake man. I love how anytime I don't agree with someones opinions it's because I'm being unreasonably biased for one of "My Guys". I don't care if you or the author of that article likes the same player as I do....but I am going to call out bullsh!t when I see it.

I think you are reading too much into this JDub. Maybe he is just picky about QB's? I usually only like 2 or 3 in total. That doesnt mean I am biased. I am just picky. This year is strange. The more QB's I watch the more I like some of the late round guys.JFF is in fact the only QB who I have ever thought may not fit in the NFL and yet I would pick him in the 2nd round anyway. Garrappolo is not anywhere on my board either. I truly believe that choosing a QB and putting all of that effort into trying to develop is a huge undertaking and a huge investment. That is why I am so picky. The idea of a late round guy to develop is much more appealing to me this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m picky too. I don’t like Carr or McCarron… But I wouldn’t make a biased article that paints them as horrible and claim they aren’t draftable.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

in my mock I had us dropping down to 30 getting their first, second, third and 2015 1sthttp://thedraftreport.com/ryan-terranas-2-round-mock-draft/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/6812/49ers-could-face-dilemma-at-no-30

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think the 49ers will trade down to the top 10. If we were to trade back into the 12-16 range…..then we might be able to swing a trade back with the 49ers. I don’t see them going all the way down to #7 though.I also don't think they are targeting Mike Evans. I think they will look to get in the early teens to get either a top WR like OBJ, Cooks, or Lee.....or they could be moving up to get CB Kyle Fuller.

Please wait…

Viewing 45 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.