The best possible scenario. IMO

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Mic
    Participant

Jameis would be in that 6-12 M range to backup

Licht was willing to make Glennon the highest paid backup I’m sure he’s willing to do the same for Jameis.

If Brady isn’t signed for 30M

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

mgchat76
    Participant

First off, let me say that I doubt this will happen. There’s still a bunch of QB needy teams such as NE and LA. One of them will likely be willing to pay him more. To play devil’s advocate, here’s the scenario that would have to happen;

1. Arians talks Brady into taking a deal that is very team friendly, but has realistically possible incentives worked in. For example, he takes a 1 year/$25 million deal with incentives that pay another $5-10 million if the team makes the playoffs and he throws 25 TD’s.

2. The other part of the deal is that Winston really doesn’t get attention as a clear cut starter anywhere. If he and Arians have maintained a good enough relationship/communication behind the scenes, maybe he could be convinced to play behind his idol. I remember when Winston was a rookie, he was asking players who had played for NE what Brady’s practice habits were. Now he has the chance to learn behind the man himself, with the ability to redeem himself and have a Teddy B./Tannehill comeback if he gets playing time for any reason.

That would be an impressive feat if Arians and Licht are able to do it. Having Brady on the team may give the Suh incentive to come back at a decent price. One more run at the title with a coaching staff and teammates he likes. It’ll be cutting it close on the cap, but there are probably moves to be made to free some $$$ up.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Bucman
    Participant

Winston is a bozo. If he ain’t learned it in 5 years. Why should we believe sitting for a year will be any different?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    BucBalla85
    Participant

Brady comes in for 33 Mil and Jameis is gonna say “By golly you know what? Id like to go back to Tampa and learn some things so I will just sign for 2 mil this year.” What kind of world do people live in?

+2
    Rating: +2. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...

That would be great but Winston can probably make more than 2 mil somewhere. Not a realistic option.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.