Viewing 47 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Mike Glennon Could Save The Buffalo Bills Offense by Erik Lambert    1h ago  trade_zps1kimxk6c.pngWeeks continue to pass but nothing has changed out of Buffalo Bills training camp.  The same problem continues to dog their offense, which is nobody being able to distinguish themselves at the quarterback position.trade1_zpsfj4ymvpy.pngtrade2_zpsu0xx1ute.pngPut it this way.  It’s clear the situation is bad when Michael Vick becomes an option.  Matt Cassel, E.J. Manuel and Tyrod Taylor all have the same thing in common.  They each have potential but none of them seem to grasp the amazing opportunity being presented to them.  Sammy Watkins, Percy Harvin and Robert Woods at wide receiver with LeSean McCoy to hand off too?It should not be this hard, and that is an indictment on them.The problem is the preseason is starting, so the opportunities for finding solutions has all but dried up.  Is there any way Rex Ryan and GM Doug Whaley can make one last attempt to get this team the quarterback it needs to make a run?  That depends on what they’re willing to give up.One name that has floated around for the past few months as a dark horse option is Mike Glennon.  Once a 3rd round pick for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, he has since been relegated to backup duties with the arrival of Jameis Winston.trade3_zpsedouirnh.pngThat covers up how well he played under very difficult circumstances over the past two seasons.  Though he only went 5-13 as a starter, he threw for 4,025 yards, 29 touchdowns and just 15 interceptions over that stretch.  Consider he was the second-most pressured quarterback behind Russell Wilson over that same period makes that quite the accomplishment.Glennon is a rangy 6’6?, features a live arm and has shown he knows how to execute an offense built around the run.  If not for a coaching change last season it’s reasonable to think he would’ve ended up the starter.  Now that Winston is firmly in place, the Buccaneers have no reason to hang onto him outside of backup stability.That could make him available for trade.At the right price.So to comes down to how much the Buffalo Bills would be willing to give up.  Given where there roster is at this Super Bowl window doesn’t figure to stay open long.  It’s hard seeing Tampa Bay turn down a 2nd round pick in a deal considering, as stated above that Glennon was taken with a 3rd.It’s a high price, but one that must be paid because what the Bills have right now won’t cut it.link

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This trade is not going to happen. Mike is going to remain here for this season as L&L like having this security blanket. The Bills had a QB issue at the end of last season. It’s not like this is a huge surprise to them in camp this past week.

Please wait…

• farzillo

Participant

This trade is not going to happen. Mike is going to remain here for this season as L&L like having this security blanket. The Bills had a QB issue at the end of last season. It's not like this is a huge surprise to them in camp this past week.

I agree with you that he's most likely not going anywhere. However if the Bills actually did offer a second round pick, I doubt we'd turn it down.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

This trade is not going to happen. Mike is going to remain here for this season as L&L like having this security blanket. The Bills had a QB issue at the end of last season. It's not like this is a huge surprise to them in camp this past week.

Do you think L&L turn down a 2nd for Glennon?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please correct me if I’m wrong here… but who isn’t a QB away from the playoffs?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please correct me if I'm wrong here... but who isn't a QB away from the playoffs?

What teams would still miss the playoffs even with Aaron or Brady?Jags, Raiders, Browns, 49ers, Redskins, Titans, Bears, Falcons, Saints, Rams, Texans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have a friend who is close friends with a Buffalo Bills insider fan that stated the Bills were willing to give the farm up for Winston but the Bucs wouldn’t take it.  As for Glennon I believe he is safe for at least the first half of the season or until some team loses its starting QB. At that point I believe Glennon’s trade value rises. Of course that depends on how well he performs this pre season.  Glennon does have some assets even if mobility isn’t one of them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the Bucs won’t consider trading Glennon for less than a 1st rounder. There is plenty of president where teams have traded a #1 for some teams backup quarterback in the pre-season, so it’s only a stretch to us Buc’s fans.Glennon figures to play a lot this next weekend. If he does well, a team needing a quarterback might decide then to attempt to pull the trigger.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

I have a friend who is close friends with a Buffalo Bills insider fan that stated the Bills were willing to give the farm up for Winston but the Bucs wouldn't take it.  As for Glennon I believe he is safe for at least the first half of the season or until some team loses its starting QB. At that point I believe Glennon's trade value rises. Of course that depends on how well he performs this pre season.  Glennon does have some assets even if mobility isn't one of them.

In other News Of The Obvious, Man landed on the Moon....Florida is Humid....and Blue and Red make Purple.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please correct me if I'm wrong here... but who isn't a QB away from the playoffs?

What teams would still miss the playoffs even with Aaron or Brady?Jags, Raiders, Browns, 49ers, Redskins, Titans, Bears, Falcons, Saints, Rams, Texans.

Browns would certainly make it, they have a great Defense already. Rams, Texans definitely would make it...Rams may compete for a SB with Brady or Rodgers. Texans may too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree with you that he's most likely not going anywhere. However if the Bills actually did offer a second round pick, I doubt we'd turn it down.

Nobody is going to offer a 2nd for Glennon...he is closer to a 3 or a 4....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe the Bucs are holding out for a second round pick for Glennon? Injuties happen and QB’s suck in the pre season. Who knows

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

2nd and Cassel  I’m all for it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just like he “saves drives?”....what?  ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe the Bucs are holding out for a second round pick for Glennon? Injuties happen and QB's suck in the pre season. Who knows

If he's worth what some here seem to think he is, we should have no problem securing a 2. Can't wait!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Browns would certainly make it, they have a great Defense already. Rams, Texans definitely would make it...Rams may compete for a SB with Brady or Rodgers. Texans may too.

Browns have an o-line but crappy skill players and lost some key defensive players. Rams have a questionable line and skill players with a great front 7 and a secondary that isn't winning a playoff game. Texans roster is so mediocre it hurts. They draft worse than the Bucs. Andre left (It doesn't feel right seeing him on the colts.. But Texans didn't get him a QB so..) Reed left. Texans are going to regress unless this draft is gold.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In a vacuum, Glennon’s “first 16” numbers are spectacular.For the Bills, I think Tyrod Taylor can really do some things if he's just given the keys. Wouldn't even be wasting my time with the other two.You have LeSean McCoy and Percy Harvin and Sammy Watkins... you have Tyrod Taylor... an offensive coordinator with an ounce of creativity could do some wonders with that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You have LeSean McCoy and Percy Harvin and Sammy Watkins… you have Tyrod Taylor… an offensive coordinator with an ounce of creativity could do some wonders with that.

the OC is the guy that made kaep look good in a running offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You have LeSean McCoy and Percy Harvin and Sammy Watkins... you have Tyrod Taylor... an offensive coordinator with an ounce of creativity could do some wonders with that.

the OC is the guy that made kaep look good in a running offense.

Didn’t realize it was Roman up there. I wonder how much Harbaugh was able to cover for Kaep being pretty terrible at all things not running related. Will be interesting to see if they don’t just use a similar offense up there. Taylor could play a similar role to Kaep just with more weapons.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didn’t realize it was Roman up there. I wonder how much Harbaugh was able to cover for Kaep being pretty terrible at all things not running related. Will be interesting to see if they don’t just use a similar offense up there. Taylor could play a similar role to Kaep just with more weapons.

i think taylor could certainly run a similar offense, although im sure harbaugh will be missed by roman.  i think kaep is very similar to many athletic QBs.  they are great when the play breaks down, they are  not great sitting in the pocket going through reads.  dont make them what they arent, even if it puts them in dangerous running situations.if the bills want a game manager they have cassel.  if they want a read option based offense they have taylor.  and then they have manuel to hold a clipboard and impress against air.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Browns and Rams would both make it.  Both teams have a good enough defense however perhaps questionable yet talented skill players.  Questionable because being that they both go through qb's like kimkardashian ass transplants.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

Maybe the Bucs are holding out for a second round pick for Glennon? Injuties happen and QB's suck in the pre season. Who knows

If he's worth what some here seem to think he is, we should have no problem securing a 2. Can't wait!!

I'm with ya. If someone offers a 2nd, we should take it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didn't realize it was Roman up there. I wonder how much Harbaugh was able to cover for Kaep being pretty terrible at all things not running related. Will be interesting to see if they don't just use a similar offense up there. Taylor could play a similar role to Kaep just with more weapons.

i think taylor could certainly run a similar offense, although im sure harbaugh will be missed by roman.  i think kaep is very similar to many athletic QBs.  they are great when the play breaks down, they are  not great sitting in the pocket going through reads.  dont make them what they arent, even if it puts them in dangerous running situations.if the bills want a game manager they have cassel.  if they want a read option based offense they have taylor.  and then they have manuel to hold a clipboard and impress against air.

;D ;D ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Geno Smith just got leaned by his teammate and broke his jaw.Come and get Glennon New York before we trade him to Buffalo.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The only teams in that list that I believe fail to make the playoffs with Brady or Aaron are the Titans and 49ers.  I think all those other teams would make the playoffs.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

the Bills are going with matt cassel………it was the right move and that offense of the Bills is going to be damn dangerous.

Please wait…

• wesleyc

the Bills are going with matt cassel.........it was the right move and that offense of the Bills is going to be damn dangerous.

Matt Cassel? The Bills have some pieces, and sure they're better than last year, but I'm not overly impressed with what they have as a whole. I don't see why they should be so terrifying this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

the Bills are going with matt cassel.........it was the right move and that offense of the Bills is going to be damn dangerous.

Matt Cassel? The Bills have some pieces, and sure they're better than last year, but I'm not overly impressed with what they have as a whole. I don't see why they should be so terrifying this year.

The Bills weapons with Matt Cassell is like putting expensive rims on a Geo Metro.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bills weapons with Matt Cassell is like putting expensive rims on a Geo Metro.

I think Tyrod Taylor is going to end up winning the starting job.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

Geno Smith just got leaned by his teammate and broke his jaw.Come and get Glennon New York before we trade him to Buffalo.

I'll bet Glennon would look really good in Jets Green. :)They're talking about Rex Grossman, or even Michael Vick. If the Jets are concerned enough to bring in Rex Grossman, Glennon would be great in New York.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Tyrod Taylor is going to end up winning the starting job.

Then it will be a Geo Metro GT

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It seems the Jets are more interested in Tyler Thigpen and Rex Grossman than Glennon.[member=6783]nflnetwork[/member]  27 seconds agoTyler Thigpen set to workout w/ the @nyjets this week.@JasonLaCanfora  1 hour agoJets will be working out at least two quarterbacks this week - Rex Grossman and Tyler Thigpen. Ideally plan to sign a veteran

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It seems the Jets are more interested in Tyler Thigpen and Rex Grossman than Glennon.[member=6783]nflnetwork[/member]  27 seconds agoTyler Thigpen set to workout w/ the @nyjets this week.@JasonLaCanfora  1 hour agoJets will be working out at least two quarterbacks this week - Rex Grossman and Tyler Thigpen. Ideally plan to sign a veteran

I heard the Grossman idea today too. Doesn't Mike count as a vet?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon doesn’t give them anything more than Fitzpatrick. Marginal starter to backup.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

only on the Red

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

only on the Red

Do you think Thigpen and Grossman are better than Glennon?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

+7

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seriously though the Bills are like the perfect team to try out a legit spread offense (I know the Eagles exist).No expectations, legit defense, and their three best weapons were freaking build for a college spread offense. The NFL frustrates me.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

If they get offered a 2nd rounder Litch better be all over that. That will be a nice lineman in next years draft. He should offer to drive Glennon to the airport and throw in a free stop at Del Taco.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jets aren’t offering shat for Mike Glennon. They would just roll with Bryce Petty.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

Jets aren't offering shat for Mike Glennon. They would just roll with Bryce Petty.

The Bills might. Fat Rex is just the type to do that deal.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

me thinks the Bills will be surprising more than a few people here this season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

why would rex give up a high draft pick to have 2 matt cassels on roster?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

only on the Red

Do you think Thigpen and Grossman are better than Glennon?

The issue is whether anyone thinks Glennon is any much better than Fitzpatrick...at least enough to offer anything of value for him. I doubt it.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

Cause he is an idiot on his 5th team and knows he needs to win now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rex?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he needs to win now then Glennon isn't the answer...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'll bet Glennon would look really good in Jets Green. :)They're talking about Rex Grossman, or even Michael Vick. If the Jets are concerned enough to bring in Rex Grossman, Glennon would be great in New York.

Favim.com-33355.jpg

Please wait…

Viewing 47 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.