Viewing 7 reply threads

• Author

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Call me when they reach NFL average.  That might take a while lol.Where was the technique and the discipline for both sides of the ball?

Please wait…

• snidley

Participant

I’m hoping it’s due to lack of focus being that it’s a preseason game and the first one at that. The good news is that they have game results to work look over and correct for next time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They have a LONG way to go just to reach AVERAGE for an NFL team. After that, then we can start thinking about playoffs. To do so now is plain silly!  ::)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That is true, but I think the depth chart needs some shaking up because too many players seem to have become complacent while others are more hungry.1. On the offensive line, I think bringing in Mathis is still a good idea.  Marpet has a bright future but I don't think you have to force him into the lineup with Mathis out there.  It is not like last year where the pickings were slim at OG.  Donovan Smith to me looks like a classic RT or interior OL.  Pamphille is probably better suited to play LT a this point.  2. Did any of the tight ends stand out? I want to see a guy emerge.  I thought it would be ASJ, but we have to wait for the next pre season game.3. Did any of the running backs stand out? Martin seems to have a bounce in his step.  But can he return to impact form behind this o-line?4. Defensively, the Bucs will definitely be picking up a waiver wire DE to be the third string DE to rotate.  Bucs need an edge rusher badly.5. Gholston is going to make it difficult for the coaching staff.6. I think Kaelin Clay will eventually win the return job.  However, special teams blocking was very lackluster.7. Greene came out of nowhere and dominated on the defensive side of the ball.  I think he will make a jump on the depth chart.8. Don't like what the Bucs are doing in the secondary.9. McCoy has to be called out for looking apathetic during the game.10. McFadden has made a major step to secure the #4 safety spot.Overall, too many question marks. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I saw a tweet a while ago where Mathis said he wanted to go to a team with a chance for the playoffs. I honestly think he won’t come here until right before the season. He’ll wait another week or two and hope for a better job offer.I don't think the Bucs will move Smith to RT at this point because the team has all but said he's our starting LT. I think Pamphile gets the RT call. Also, I think Marpet wins RG and at least that puts a guy with some playing experience next to him on the outside.Safety play was bad all night.Special teams were a disaster all night. I'm liking Keven O'Dea less and less with each passing game. His teams were bad last season and I'm still not seeing any improvement in coverages. Maybe he was just mixing stuff up to see who can play and who can't, but they were bad from the first special teams play. If special teams are really 1/3 of the game, ours was pathetic.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If im changing anything (now), its the line, or getting the wrs and qb on the same page. It didnt look fluid or controlled. On any level.Things i would do regardless of this game.1. Beat the sh1t out of warhop, and then myself for letting him stay. Lovie had to have wittnessed that load of bull last year, right? Anyone? So why in the holy f$$k is he staying, at any capacity?2. Sign a vet or three, even IF it is just for promising depth, or younger/troubled players. Keep working them in and find some who will stick. Saying is one thing with this group, but actually doing what they say they will do is another.3. Work on winston's footwork and accuracy. Either his accuracy was flat out off, needs glasses, or hes not in sync with his wideouts, because even if the line folds, he should still be somewhere near his fist or second intended target.4. Go slap lovie for even THINKing warhop, koenen, and stocker should even BE on this team. PS, regular season, i dont care. They are wasting roster spots and money on guys who dont do jack. It could be used for developing young bucks, or a certified pre-owned vet. Instead, mediocre is the norm, and advancement is retarded.5. If im lovie, obviously im getting beat up, but moreso, im not too worried about this. Of course, he never is anyway, but you understand. I wouldve let them know that it is JUST a ps game, like i would have every ps game. Seens to me, lovie has been doing his damnedest to keep the injury bug away from all his players, so it stands to reason, that maybe this isnt the "bucs" quite yet.IF they were going full-bore, and THAT was the result, then however, im losing my top. Regardless, this should be about improvement. They stink next game out, maybe there is legitimate worry?As i said before, and ill say again. No one should jump off the bridge until we're at least into the first regular season game.And a lot of people need reminding. Back in the day, there were very little rules about the amount of work a player could do. They are somewhat wussified and stunted by the newer regulations and the same amount of work cannot be done. Thus, the process might take a bit longer.Not saying jameis is, or isnt anything. Just saying everyone should hold the F##K on for a damn minute.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Special Teams were pretty sloppy,

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I saw a tweet a while ago where Mathis said he wanted to go to a team with a chance for the playoffs. I honestly think he won't come here until right before the season. He'll wait another week or two and hope for a better job offer.I don't think the Bucs will move Smith to RT at this point because the team has all but said he's our starting LT. I think Pamphile gets the RT call. Also, I think Marpet wins RG and at least that puts a guy with some playing experience next to him on the outside.Safety play was bad all night.Special teams were a disaster all night. I'm liking Keven O'Dea less and less with each passing game. His teams were bad last season and I'm still not seeing any improvement in coverages. Maybe he was just mixing stuff up to see who can play and who can't, but they were bad from the first special teams play. If special teams are really 1/3 of the game, ours was pathetic.

Yeah special teams was bad.  I am not sure what is going over there.  The complaints about special teams was that they didn't have enough players that could play special teams. So, the Bucs go out and draft special team players for most of the draft and giftwrap for Kevin O'Dea.Not happy with the results.

Please wait…

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.