Viewing 94 reply threads

• Author

• nitey

Participant

The changing face of the NFC South, I’m sure I didn’t get all the changes, but this is probably pretty close. If I missed something, go ahead and post and I’ll modify the orginal post as long as people are interested. Note, if a player was with the team, but unsigned at the end of the 2013 season and then re-signed back to the team, that player is listed as an Addition.Buccaneers:Draft: Mike Evans(7-WR), Austin Seferian-Jenkins (38-TE), Charles Sims (69-RB), Kadeem Edwards (143-G), Kevin Pamphile (149-T), Robert Herron(185-WR)Roster Departures (signed or not wanted back): Davin Joseph(G), Darrelle Revis(DB), Donald Penn(OT), Rian Lindell(PK), Adam Hayward(LB), Gary Gibson(DT), Ted Larsen(OL), Brian Leonard(RB), QB Dan Orlovsky(QB), Daniel Te'o-Nesheim(DL), Dekada Watson(LB), Erik Lorig(FB), Jeremy Zuttah (C/G, traded to Balt for 2015 5th round pick), Mike Williams(WR, traded to Bills for 2014 6th round pick), Melvin Booker(LB), Josh Baker(FB), Bobby Felder(CB), Steve Maneri(TE), Tom Crabtree (TE)Roster Additions: Josh McCown(QB), Brandon Myers(TE), Clinton McDonald(DT),  Evan Dietrich-Smith(G/C),  Anthony Collins(OT), Alterraun Verner(DB), Michael Johnson(DL),  DJ Moore(DB), Mike Kafka(QB), Oniel Cousins(OT) ,  Dane Fletcher(LB), Jeremy Cain(LS), Mike Jenkins(CB), Louis Murphy(WR), Josh Baker(TE), Jorvorskie Lane(FB), Major Wright(S),  Lavelle Hawkins(WR)Re-signed: Danny Gorrer(DB),  Eric Page(WR), Bobby Rainey(RB),  Jonathan Casillas(LB), Jamon Meredith(G)In Limbo (unsigned/could be re-signed): Andrew Economos(LS)Falcons:Draft: Jake Matthews(6-OT), Ra'Shede Hageman (37-DT), Dez Southward (68-S), Devonta Freeman (103-RB), Prince Shembo (139-OLB), Ricardo Allen (147-CB), Marquis Spruill (168-OLB), Yawin Smallwood (253-ILB), Tyler Starr (255-OLB)Roster Departures: Jason Snelling(RET), Tony Gonzalez(TE), Thomas DeCoud(S), Garrett Reynolds(OL), Asante Samuel(CB), Stephan Nicholas(LB), Bradie Ewing(FB) Roster Additions: Tyson Jackson(DL), Jon Asamoah(G), Paul Soliai(DL),  Gabe Carimi(G). Javier Arenas(DB), Devin Hester(KR/PR), Dwight Lowery(S),  Josh Wilson(CB), Bear Pascoe (TE)Re-signed:  Jonathan Babineaux(DL), Corey Peters(DL), Joe Hawley(OL), Mike Johnson(T), Peria Jerry(DT), Robert McClain(CB)In Limbo(unsigned/available/perhaps not wanted):  Chase Coffman(TE), Dominique Franks(CB), Omar Gaither(LB) Sean Locklear(OL), Jeremy Trueblood(OL), Kevin Cone(WR)Saints:Draft: Brandon Cooks (20-WR via Tradeup), Stan Jean-Baptiste (58-CB), Khairi Fortt (126-OLB), Vinnie Sunseri (167-S), Ronald Powell (169-OLB), Tavon Rooks (202-OT)Roster Departures:  Lance Moore(WR), Darren Sproles(RB), Roman Harper(S), Tracy Porter(DB), Malcolm Jenkins(S), Will Smith(DL), Jabari Greer(DB), Jonathan Vilma(LB), Brian de la Puente(C)Roster Additions: Jairus Byrd(S),Erik Lorig(FB), Marcus Ball(S), Champ Bailey(CB) Re-signed: Keyunta Dawson(DE),  Shayne Graham(K), Trevin Wade(CB),  Bryce Harris(OT),  Ramon Humber(LB), Pierre Thomas(RB), Zach Strief(OT), Joe Morgan(WR), Parys Haralson(LB), Rafael Bush(S), Robert Meachem(WR),  Luke McCown(QB)In Limbo(unsigned/available/perhaps not wanted):  Jed Collins(FB), Tom Johnson(DT), Will Herring(LB), Jordan Pugh(DB)Panthers:Draft: Kevin Benjamin (28-WR), Kony Ealy (60-DE), Trai Turner (92-G), Tre Boston (128-S), Bene Benwikere (148-CB), Tyler Gaffney (204-RB)Roster Departures: Steve Smith(WR), Domenik Hixon(WR), Brandon LaFell (WR), Ted Ginn Jr.(WR), Geoff Hangartner(RET), Jordan Gross(RET), Captain Munnerlyn(CB), Mike Mitchell(S), Drayton Florence(CB), R.J. Webb(WR) Roster Additions:  Roman Harper(S), Mike McNeill(TE), James Dockery(DB), Anderson Russell(DB), Jerricho Cotchery (WR), Tiquan Underwood(WR), Antoine Cason(CB), Joe Webb(QB),  Jason Avant(WR),  Ed D*ckson (TE), Thomas DeCoud(S), Alex Hall(DE)Re-signed: Derek Anderson(QB), Richie Brockel(FB), Garry Williams(OT),  Graham Gano(PK), Greg Hardy(DE), James Dockery(CB), Jason Williams(LB), Colin Cole(DT)In Limbo(unsigned/available/perhaps not wanted): Jimmy Clausen(QB), Ben Hartsock(TE), Bruce Campbell(OT), Jordan Senn(LB), Dan Connor(LB), Quintin Mikell(S), Drayton Florence(CB), Travelle Wharton(OL, possible RET), Byron Bell(OT), Jeff Byers(C),  Chris Scott(G) 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bring back lorig.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did Watson not sign with Jacksonville?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes he did. I’ll update the list above.

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

Still loling at the Panthers receivers at the moment.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bring back lorig.

Agree

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How are Jonathan Casillas and Page additions? Someone sleep through last year? ;P

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How are Jonathan Casillas and Page additions? Someone sleep through last year? ;P

Or perhaps you could read more carefully...Note, if a player was with the team, but unsigned at the end of the 2013 season and then re-signed back to the team, that player is listed as an Addition.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oniel Cousins is an addition.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Panthers passing game is going to be so bad. They better hope they strike gold in their rookie WR next year.Cam is going to have to elevate his game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oniel Cousins is an addition.

Corrected. Thanks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

@RapSheet Important in Dane Fletcher's contract with the #Bucs is that he gets $1.2M guaranteed. TB gets versatile player & special teams beast

Added Dane Fletcher to Bucs

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bring back lorig.

Agree

Kinda intrigued at what Lonnie Pryor can do as our FB

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Or perhaps you could read more carefully...Note, if a player was with the team, but unsigned at the end of the 2013 season and then re-signed back to the team, that player is listed as an Addition.

I did read that. I think it's silly which is why I made a joke.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Panthers passing game is going to be so bad. They better hope they strike gold in their rookie WR next year.Cam is going to have to elevate his game.

As if it wasn't bad enough already. Poor Cam. They will have strike gold multiple times at WR for these moves to workout.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol@the Panthers. Their starting WRs if the season started today? Marvin McNutt and Tavarres King........Backed up by the greatness that is RJ Webb and Kealoha Pilares.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Saw Clausen on this list for the Kitties, wasn’t he supposed to be a sure thing out of college in a lot of people’s minds?  Just looking at the list of QBs in the 2010 draft made me sick to my stomach in regards to drafting QBs.  Even Bradford is just ok, and after that there is NOTHING.  That must have been one of the worst years for the position ever.  This year is STACKED by comparison.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Saw Clausen on this list for the Kitties, wasn't he supposed to be a sure thing out of college in a lot of people's minds?  Just looking at the list of QBs in the 2010 draft made me sick to my stomach in regards to drafting QBs.  Even Bradford is just ok, and after that there is NOTHING.  That must have been one of the worst years for the position ever.  This year is STACKED by comparison.

Sure things don't last til the second round haha. He had potential though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wonder if they are going to sign Andrew Economos(LS) for another season. His name never comes up during the games which is always a plus for a LS.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Or they may have targeted some college senior who they know they can get on a minimum rookie free agent deal.  Long snapping seems like it’s come a long way in the last 10 years.  Now they have camps/schools.  I might be way off, just seems like a larger pool of quality candidates.  I generally don’t fuck with what’s working, but we have no idea what Andrew is asking for.  Hell, they may not even want to give tenured veteran minimum money to a LS for all we know. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Updated with information from PFT. Also separated out the Re-Signed players from the Additions.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Updated. Zach Strief(OT) re-signed with the Saints.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Updated. Panthers re-sign Dockery and Williams.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Updated. Eric Lorig signs with the Saints.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Updated. Added Jeremy Cain (LS) to Bucs.Added Javier Arenas(DB) to Falcons.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Updated. Saints re-sign WR Joe Morgan.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Saints continue dumpster diving.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey good post, niteySaints got way worsePanthers offense is going to be a complete messIMO

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Update. Falcons re-sign Peria Jerry(DT).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t know if I agree with the Saints getting worse. A lof of the players that they released were players that didn’t contribute a lot last season. The only one I’m really surprised at is Sproles. I think the Saints are still going to be to tough. The Falcons, seem to be counting on Jones coming back to get better, but they might make a splash in the draft to go up and get Clowney or Mack if they feel that both will be gone before they pick. However, the Panthers really seem to have gotten worse. But I said the same thing last season, I said I didn’t think they would win 4 games and would be bottom dwellers because of a weak secondary and offensive line. I think they will pick two wide receivers high in the draft, maybe back to back at 1 & 2, so you really can’t judge them quite yet.JMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Garbage can .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree. Never has been a factor after he tore is ACL or MCL (I forget which). Suspect he’s mostly a camp body at this point.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Updated. Panthers finally sign a receiver, Jerricho Cotchery (WR).I'm sure the defenses in the South are going to worry about this pickup.  ::)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Updated. Bucs land Mike Jenkins(CB), Falcons land Devin Hester(KR/PR).Good addition for the Falcons. Jenkins is on a one year contract and will provide competition for the nickel position with Moore, Johnson and Gorrer. Not sure the Bucs draft a CB now in the draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Really surprised the Panthers aren’t getting things done this offseason, they are looking the part of a sinking ship at this point. And Saints have lost some key players as well. Hopefully we can close the gap that we’ve had being in the cellar of this division.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well the Panthers have serious cap problems for this year and next year. The Saints are coming due for the same problems in the not too distant future because of the accumulated dead money from constant re-structures. With the Panthers, I’m expecting Gettleman to draft back to back WRs in the first 2 rounds of the draft and then pick up some corner and offensive line depth with the rest of the draft and hope for the best this year. I think the Saints still have a good team and will be tough again this year. I was surprised that Ryan’s defense was as good as it was last season and I’m not going to underestimate the guy again. I think the Falcon’s are making a mistake by basically going with the same personnel that won only 4 games last season. They seem to be banking on the return to form of Julio and changing over to the 3-4 defense that Nolan runs better. I’m not sure what to think of the Falcon’s yet. I think they will be better, but whether its a couple of game better or a lot better – I’m just not sure.As to the Bucs, I love the FA pickups that the team has made and I feel a lot better with Lovie coaching the team than I did with Schiano. A lot like the Falcon's, I just don't have a good read on the Bucs yet. I honestly believe we are going to be a better club, we did have some talent on the team before all the FA pickups, but I thought we'd be a lot better last season as well. The one thing that I appreciate more this year is the depth behind the starters that Smith and Licht are building. What killed us most last season was that there wasn't good depth behind the starters, now if a starter goes down, it's beginning to look like we have a decent player behind them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Garbage can .

Just to prove I'm a draft guru, this was a guy I thought was going to be a great pick in round 1 and wanted us to get... Yay me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As to the Bucs, I love the FA pickups that the team has made and I feel a lot better with Lovie coaching the team than I did with Schiano. A lot like the Falcon’s, I just don’t have a good read on the Bucs yet. I honestly believe we are going to be a better club, we did have some talent on the team before all the FA pickups, but I thought we’d be a lot better last season as well. The one thing that I appreciate more this year is the depth behind the starters that Smith and Licht are building. What killed us most last season was that there wasn’t good depth behind the starters, now if a starter goes down, it’s beginning to look like we have a decent player behind them.

I'm starting to notice that as well. Hopefully that will help down the stretch.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Garbage can .

Just to prove I'm a draft guru, this was a guy I thought was going to be a great pick in round 1 and wanted us to get... Yay me.

I think injuries just took away his quickness and drive. I'm actually surprised that he was re-signed, the Falcon fans are really down on him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Updated. Kid Play (aka , Tiquan Underwood) (WR) signs with Carolina. All defensive backs in the NFC South are devastated.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Antoine Cason agrees to one year deal with Panthers

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Update. Panthers sign Antoine Cason(CB).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Update. Panthers sign Joe Webb (QB). Expected to challenge Anderson for the backup role behind Newton.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bwahahahaha…worst off-season ever for the Panthers. What a dumpster dive.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dumpster diving can pay off.What it more resembles is a raging dumpster fire.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think that Carolina will be able to match their success from last season and first to worst is a definite possibility. Gettleman has his hands tied behind his back due to being in cap hell and because of the unexpected success of last season’s team, he has lower than expected draft choices to build with drafting 28, 60 and 90 with his first 3 picks and a lot of holes to fill at wide receiver, defensive back and offensive line. Add to that no one is going to take the Panthers lightly this season, I think they are going to fall pretty hard.If you check the Panthers forums, the fans are all pretty much saying the same thing and of course most are blaming Gettleman who's not really the cause of the problem. Things will get a little easier in 2015 for the Panthers because of the cap increase, but they still are going to have the least amount of cap space in the division next season as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can’t even figure out how the Panthers are in cap hell. Most of their good players are still on rookie contracts like Cam ,Kuechly , Star , etc . Arent they ? Who is costing so much ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Under Herney, they made a series of bad contracts and often kept restructuring deals that kept pushing money into future years, much like what the Saints are doing now. I heard that Carolina has something like 25M in dead money this year and about a similar amount next year. And because of the guaranteed contracts that Herney gave to Smith and Williams, he can’t cut or trade either one until the end of 2015 without incurring more dead money. Gettleman is trying to follow the blueprint for contracts that the Bucs started a few years back, but has to get through cap hell in order to do that. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs didn’t start the trend of frotnloading as that was started by the Eagles FO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Updated. Falcons waive Bradie Ewing (FB).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Updated. Bucs Jeremy Zuttah (C/G) traded to Baltimore for mid 2015 pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dam Falcons and Panthers lost some key guys. Good info thanks for posting..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Updated. Bucs sign Louis Murphy(WR) formerly of the Giants to a 1 year contract.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Updated. Falcons re-sign Robert McClain(CB).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Awesome thread Nitey.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Updated. Bucs sign Josh Baker(TE) and Jorvorskie Lane(FB) per RotoWorld.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Saints re-signed Parys Haralson(LB) on April 1st.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Saints sign former CFL Safety Marcus Ball.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike Williams - WR - Bills Bills acquired WR Mike Williams from the Buccaneers for a sixth-round draft pick.Related: BuccaneersSource: James Walker on Twitter

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Updated (per SS above). Mike Williams traded from the Bucs to the Bills for the Bills 2014 6th round draft pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Updated. Bucs sign free-agent safety Major Wright to 1 year contract.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Updated. Saints signed CB Champ Bailey to a two-year contract with a max value of $7 million.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Updated. Saints lose Brian de la Puente(C) to the Bears.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Updated. Bucs officially sign Lavelle Hawkins(WR) and release Melvin Booker(LB). Booker spent the entire 2013 season on IR.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Updated. Falcons sign safety Dwight Lowery.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Updated. Falcons sign  Josh Wilson(CB).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Updated. Panthers re-sign Colin Cole(DT).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Garbage Can Festival

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree. Not much out there and these signings seem more like camp fillers. Still surprised at how little Carolina has done so far, not even a much in the way of depth players signed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Updated. Panthers signed WR Jason Avant, formerly of the Eagles, to a one-year deal.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

@AdamSchefter: Panthers announced they signed former Falcons S Thomas DeCoud to a two-year deal.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Updated: Panthers sign Ed Dickson (TE) and former Falcon Thomas DeCoud(S). Saints re-sign safety Rafael Bush.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That’s a nice few signings there for Carolina. Nothing earth shattering but some solid signings. I would have been ok with us grabbing D!ckson and Avant.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Updated. The Panthers have added a top CFL pass rusher with some NFL experience.Alex Hall, who notched 15 sacks in 2013 for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, has signed with the Panthers, his new club said Friday.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Updated. The Panthers waived wide receiver R.J. Webb on Friday, per the NFL’s daily notice of personnel moves.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Updated. The Saints Friday signed wideout Robert Meachem to a one-year contract.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A look at what the Panther writers think the team will do in the upcoming draft: http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/04/19/3797098/carolina-panthers-2014-nfl-draft.html

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Atlanta Falcons announced Thursday afternoon, the team signed veteran tight end Bear Pascoe, last with the New York Giants.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ian Rapoport ?@RapSheet 13sThe NFLPA has filed its franchise tag grievance against the Saints for Jimmy Graham, source confirms (as @TomPelissero said). Game on

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What I’m loving, is that the panthers db’s can’t hang with us now.All the cornerbacks in the nfcs just crapped their pants tonight matter of fact.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What I'm loving, is that the panthers db's can't hang with us now.All the cornerbacks in the nfcs just crapped their pants tonight matter of fact.

None of the CBs in the NFC South can hang with the WRs we have if the play to potential. At least not our 1 and 2. Too much size disadvantage. We do need a speedy guy in the slot though, because Jackson and Evans are going to take both safeties away every play.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Updated with 1st round draft choices. Saints trade up 7 spots to the 20th pick for their 3rd round pick in this draft.3 WR chosen in the South division in 1st round.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Drafted: Mike Williams…Wanna say Mike Evans*Just a small error.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Drafted: Mike Williams...Wanna say Mike Evans*Just a small error.

Mike Evans wouldn't think so..  ;D Thanks, good catch.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Updated with draft picks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Scott Smith@ScottSBucsThe Bucs also released 3 players: FB Josh Baker, CB Bobby Felder & TE Steve Maneri. Roster is currently at 89.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Falcons’ other undrafted free agent signings are as follows: Boise State wide receiver Geraldo Boldewijn, Hawaii linebacker Brenden Daley, Auburn defensive end Nosa Eguae, Utah State cornerback Devonta Glover-Wright, Miami (Fla.) fullback Maurice Hagens, Arkansas State wide receiver Julian Jones, North Greenville wide receiver Freddie Martino, Vanderbilt outside linebacker Walker May, South Carolina safety Kimario McFadden, Kent State fullback Roosevelt Nix, Toledo wide receiver Bernard Reedy, Kentucky defensive tackle Donte Rumph, Tennessee outside linebacker Jacques Smith, Syracuse running back Jerome Smith, Tennessee center James Stone, Kansas State wide receiver Tramaine Thompson and Pittsburgh punter Matt Yoklic.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here are the Saints’ other undrafted free-agent additions: Grand Valley offensive lineman Matthew Armstrong, Northwest Missouri State defensive back Brian Dixon, Boston College outside linebacker Kasim Edebali, Sam Houston State running back Tim Flanders, Brigham Young linebacker Spencer Hadley, Louisiana-Monroe tight end Je’Ron Hamm, McNeese State tight end Nic Jacobs, Valdosta State wide receiver Seantavius Jones, Louisiana-Lafayette defensive lineman Brandon McCray, Michigan State offensive lineman Micajah Reynolds, USC defensive lineman George Uko, Colorado outside linebacker Chidera Uzo-Diribe, Valdosta State defensive lineman Lawrence Virgil, Jacksonville State safety Pierre Warren and Kansas State safety Ty Zimmerman.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Panthers announced agreements with nine undrafteds, including: Michigan State linebacker Denicos Allen, Ohio State wide receiver Philly Brown, Texas cornerback Carrington Byndom, Florida Atlantic linebacker Adarius Glanton, Missouri wide receiver Marcus Lucas, Ohio State guard Andrew Norwell, Alabama-Birmingham running back Darrin Reaves, West Virginia defensive tackle Shaq Rowell and Miami center Jared Wheeler.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs have added 11 undrafted Free AgentsQB Brett Smith (6-3, 206) – WyomingTampa Bay finally added a quarterback, a position many thought the Buccaneers would address early in the draft. Smith has a Tampa connection as Bucs QB coach Marcus Arroyo recruited him to Wyoming. Smith had a monster senior season for Wyoming, passing for 3,375 passing yards, a 62.7 completion percentage (293-for-467) and 29 touchdowns. On Nov. 23, Smith set a new Mountain West and Wyoming single-game record against Hawai'i with 640 yards of total offense (498 passing, 142 rushing) and eight total touchdowns (7 passing, 1 rushing). Smith will battle Mike Kafka to be the Bucs third-string QB, and could find himself on the practice squad if the Buccaneers only carry two rostered quarterbacks in 2014.OT Matt Patchan (6-7, 300) – Boston CollegePatchan was a highly recruited offensive lineman after a terrific high school career at Armwood High School in Seffner. Patchan signed with the University of Florida and played in 27 games for the Gators before transferring to Boston College. Patchan has been a victim of several crazy incidents which has slowed down his progress as a football player including in May of 2008, where he was shot in the left shoulder as a bystander at a park in Brandon, Fla. Patchan also injured his left knee in two scooter accidents while at Florida, one of which also led to his being hit by a car. Patchan also battled an ACL injury, a fractured wrist and torn pectoral muscle.LB Nate Askew (6-4, 235) – Texas A&MAs a linebacker, Askew started 13 games and notched 38 tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks, and three interceptions, his first of which was returned 30 yards for a touchdown in a 65-28 win over Sam Houston State. However, his last pick, which was his final collegiate play, was a key takeaway to clinch Texas A&M’s 52-48 comeback win over Duke in the Chick-fil-A Bowl. Bucs head coach Lovie Smith loves players from the state of Texas, in addition to fast players. The 6-foot-3, 241-pound Askew ran a 4.45 in the 40-yard dash and had a 38-inch vertical jump at the Texas A&M pro day. Askew, with a good training camp, could end up making the team as Lavonte David's backup at weakside linebacker.WR Solomon Patton (5-9, 169) – FloridaPatton is small in stature but blazing fast. On March 18 at Florida’s pro day Patton was unofficially timed at 4.31 seconds in the 40-yard dash. Patton primarily was a special-teams contributor for the Gators where he returned kickoffs. Patton also blocking three punts during his first three seasons in Gainesville before leading the Gators with 44 receptions for 556 yards and six touchdowns. Patton also set a school-record with a 29.2-yard kickoff-return average and could be in the mix as a returner for the Buccaneers.OC Josh Allen (6-3, 315) –  Louisiana-MonroeAllen started at 12 games at center during senior season and anchored a line that saw the Warhawks roll up a season-high 571 yards of total offense in the team's 48-10 win over Grambling State. Allen and his teammates celebrated a 21-19 win at Wake Forest which was the first-ever win over an ACC program for the Warhawks. In that game Allen participated in a school record 104 plays.WR Aaron Burks (6-3, 205) – Boise StateThe Buccaneers added another potential deep threat in Burks who ran a 4.49 40 at Boise State's pro day. Burks has NFL caliber size at 6-foot-3 and 205 pounds to go along with above average athleticism that saw him post a 40-inch vertical jump. Burks had modest production for the Broncos in his career including nabbing just 18 receptions for 309 yards and three touchdowns.DT Euclid Cummings (6-4, 275) – Georgia TechCumming is expected to come in and battle to provide depth at the defensive tackle position after four years at Georgia Tech. Cummings had 2.5 sacks in 2013 to go along with 37 tackles and 5.5 tackles for loss.CB Keith Lewis (6-1, 190) – Virginia-LynchburgLewis didn’t get the notoriety many with his skillset received due to playing for a small school, but reportedly ran a 4.31 at his pro day in front of 12 NFL teams. Several teams were intrigued by his size and speed including the Chicago Bears and the Kansas City Chiefs who reportedly had visits with Lewis.OG Andrew Miller (6-4, 296) – Virginia Tech Miller received second team All-ACC honors after the 2013 season. During his final game against Virginia Tech’s in-state rival, Miller had the best game of his career in a 16-6 win at Virginia. Miller played all 75 offensive snaps, grading out at 92 percent with a career-high 20 knockdowns. Miller could emerge as a sleeper during the rookie mini-camp this weekend and possibly provide guard depth with a solid training camp.DE Chaz Sutton (6-5, 263) – South CarolinaSutton was overshadowed for the most part in his Gamecocks career playing behind Jadeveon Clowney, Melvin Ingram and Devin Taylor. As a senior Sutton notched the same number of sacks (3) as Clowney. According to reports, several teams, including Tampa Bay had a draftable grade on Sutton.S Mycal Swaim (6-4, 215) – Eastern MichiganTall and lean, Swaim notched 81 tackles and one interception as senior at Eastern Michigan.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Askew, Patton and Cummings make the team.Smith, Allen, Miller and Sutton make the PS IMO...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just so people know – I’m not following the additions/departures of undrafted players for any of the teams. They tend to happen almost daily up until training camp. Once we get into training camp, I’ll start tracking roster cuts and changes again unless a name vet player is added or released between now and then.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Quinton Pointer – DB – BuccaneersBucs signed CB Quinton Pointer and waived CB Marc Anthony.It's a bottom-of-the-roster move for offseason depth. Pointer is a 2012 UDFA out of UNLV. Anthony was a seventh-round pick by the Ravens in 2013.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs signed 12 players to futures contracts in January. Only four remain on roster — WR Streeter, PK Murray, OLs Daniels and Foster.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

WDAE 620 AM/95.3 FM ?@620wdae  3m. @TBBuccaneers sign 2nd round pick Austin Seferian-Jenkins To Contract. 

Please wait…

Viewing 94 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.