Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 7 reply threads

• Author

• Roy

Participant

Right wingnuts who say they love the Constitution, guess what you guys…. The Constitution does not allow for a President to pardon himself or any of his co-conspirators or anybody in the mob if impeached. And that doesn’t depend on the Senate vote to remove.

The pardon power of the President is based on Article Two of the United States Constitution (Section 2, Clause 1), which provides: … shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of impeachment.

Well the impeachment will happen today, so too bad so sad for Guliani, Hawley, Brooks, Trump, and anybody else who perpetrated this crime. No pardon for you! Not relating to the insurrection anyway. You Constitution lovers, which I am, gotta love it all or not at all right?

• badena

Participant

There is no point of impeachment

• jbear

Participant

Insurrection?

You realize the inflamatory language is a big part of the problem right now. How can you have an insurrection with no plans to actually do anything other than break in and walk around. I’m all for blaming Trump completely for the whole thing but rounding up everyone who took a selfie isn’t helping anyone.

I can’t get my head around the hypocrisy that justifies the summer protests and riots because they’re for a good cause or, because most of the protesters were good people and then turns around and wants to treat thousands of Trump supporters as if they are terrorists. I do understand that if you’re a democrat/liberal or whatever you call yourself, you hate these people. People who carry guns, fear the government, and don’t support equality campaigns are the worst of the worst. I get it because I feel the same way about militant leftists. But I still want the law to treat this sort of person equitably. I don’t want to see protesters with one world view treated more harshly than protesters who hold the sanctioned view.

Society is supposed to figure this out and government is supposed to stay completely out of it. That is why I stick with condemning violence. Go after the violent protesters in ALL situations. People who can peacefully protest should be left alone. In the case of the capital riots that means most of them.

Of course you go after the people who you have evidence of violent attacks. I still wonder why this didn’t happen over the summer. People on social media shunned and doxed people who revealed violent protesters or posted videos of violent attacks because some of the violent offenders may be punished. And it was a pervasive attitude that seeped in even to media coverage.

Nothing is going to change until people on both sides can agree that we must forcefully condemn all violence no matter how much we like one side.

• Roy

Participant

JBear, you say there was no plans? What were the zip ties for? Aren’t you jumping the gun saying there were no plans? Did you not listen to the speeches? They all hinted around the same thing. Trump saying to be peaceful, except when somebody is blah blah and then all bets are off. Guliani saying “Trial by combat”. Do you really think this was all just heat of the moment stuff?

How do you know what was planned and what wasn’t planned? I gotta admit I wouldn’t put an unemployed guy with buffalo horns in the front line of my attack if it was me. But we need to find out what really went into this. We need to check e-mails official and back channel. Who said what to whom? We need to see what Trump and friends knew about what these groups were planning and whether there was coordination. We need to know why there was such a delay in the request for the National Guard. There’s smoke, but that could be all there is, maybe there isn’t any more fire than what is on the surface. But we don’t know that at this point. We don’t know that there wasn’t any more to it. Don’t you want to find out the truth?

• jbear

Participant

What were the zip ties for?

Last week I heard one of the people arrested said he grabbed them off a police officer. But even if not, I never said there weren’t bad apples in the group. I just don’t think anybody had any plans that were very fleshed out.

If there was any coordination between Trump and the lunatics then Trump should be finished for all time. I would even support prosecution.

I’m for finding out the truth. I respect the laws of this country and the courts.

• spartan

Participant

So if this was pre-planned, how can Trump have been guilty of incitement?

• Roy

Participant

I guess it would be treason then, right? Lets get the facts and then go from there.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Trump can’t even figure out how to stage a proper coup… no surprise there.

Surrounded himself with yes-men and dead beat attorneys.

He seemed to believe Pence could overturn the election…

Almost impossible to know when Trump is FUCKING INSANE

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.