Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 12 reply threads

• Author

• GMACsBlankey

Participant

It’s one thing to see players fail to produce of simple bad scheme putting players out of position, and those are things we’re used to as Bucs fan. But I don’t think we’ve really had a player this damn good that is continually misused week after week and held back.Two years ago, he had what could be argued as the most outstanding season a 4-3 linebacker has ever had in the NFL with the numbers he produced and the eye-test matched the numbers. But the last two years, man, I feel like I don't even notice him out there anymore. Maybe he'll make a TFL or a good stuff at the line, maybe he'll bat the ball away from the couple of throws into his zone during a game or make a tackle downfield.It's sad, and it's frustrating as a fan to see a weapon like this that isn't being unleashed to his full potential. I understand schemes, but isn't a good coaching going to work in looks that utilize all of his players' skill sets?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sorry, but I think the problem is with Lavonte. Missing tackles is not on the coaching. This D is designed to funnel plays to the WLB. LVD needs to get his edge back.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sorry, but I think the problem is with Lavonte. Missing tackles is not on the coaching. This D is designed to funnel plays to the WLB. LVD needs to get his edge back.

Agree with this...have been seeing too many missed tackles from him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah I saw him miss at least 3 or 4 missed tackles today.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So living in Houston I had to go through and document all Watts plays to be prepared for tomorrow I will have to go back and watch Lavonte.He doesn't strike me as the guy that gets to "big" and stops working.  I am not a big Lovie fan so my view is skewed but could it be confidence with positioning?  I coach soccer, we have some really super talented kids but when you throw them all out there they sometimes don't work together well. Last year the last game(go figures) I threw all the younger kids in together and was amazed.  They moved the ball bc their was no ego, only trust and I learned.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe that paycheck slowed his hunger, or Lovie sucks at putting him in position to make splash plays, Lavonte is one of those rare Lb’s that can do it all shut down TE’s blitz, shed blockers.Lovie needs to just give him more like Schiano did, let the boy EATTTTBut seriously Lovie needs to get in touch with Schiano and ask him what he did with Lavonte because Lovie is now trying to run a man heavy 4-3 defense like what Schiano was aiming for

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just making david look like crap makes me want lovie gone.It wouldnt be so bad if a player "x" emerged, but they are all sucking fudge.

Please wait…

• mike25315

Participant

14 tackles = waste ? And what planet did you say you were from.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

14 tackles is a stat that can be pulled out of any context. He isn’t playing well, everyone sees it. He’s hesitant and missing tackles that he should make and has made his whole career. He has 1 sack since Lovie got here, he has ZERO interceptions since Lovie got here. In Schiano’s last year, the dude had a season that no other linebacker has EVER matched.His play is visually worse, his splash plays have all but disappeared. How can you possibly argue he's being used correctly?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

14 tackles = waste ? And what planet did you say you were from.

Rudd used to rack up big number of tackles year in and year out...just sayin.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe Lovie should call Schiano to figure out how to best use Lavonte

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe Lovie should call Schiano to figure out how to best use Lavonte

...He's just going to yell at lovie, tell everyone lovie's on drugs, and somehow...piss off the refs next game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In Schiano's last year, the dude had a season that no other linebacker has EVER matched.

we only allowed 400 points by our D that year.  as long as we dont play marcus mariota again we will probably be no worse this season.

Please wait…

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.