Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 10 reply threads

• Author

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sometimes politicians, because they are focused on re-election above all else (or because they are racists?), bend over so far backwards to try to appeal to the latest “outrage” of their base, even if the outrage is bogus, tat they look like complete clowns, doing super dumb things like this:

First, the complete strawman

“showing ID is racist”???

uh . . no . . removing polling stations and drop boxes and voting buses (to increase lines in BLACK COMMUNITIES) all of which you previously supported BEFORE YOU LOST and then criminalizing aid to those in even longer lines . . is racist . . obviously

And the second part, ticket prices/attendance = foundational right of Americans(to vote)??????

Kind of see where you get it from now though, JBear

Kidding aside, the GOP has turned itself into a complete, awful joke. The only pleasant part is that they did it by following Trump

• Anonymous

Inactive

The GOP has now backed itself into a corner on “cancel culture,” literally selling cancel culture outrage to its base while SIMULTANEOUSLY using the power of federal and state governments to cancel US corporations who speak out against racist voter suppression

Separately , US GOP Senators have threatened MLBs antitrust exemption, GA GOP threatened to repeal a tax cut for Delta. all of this only HEIGHTENS the scrutiny on GOP voter suppression because the position is so transparently contradictory, all the more so if you just accept ONE simple fact and that is that the GA GOP previously SUPPORTED the measures its now seeking to curtail . . AFTER IT LOST

• Anonymous

Inactive

Its not coincidence that Gov Abbott is angry at MLB

• Anonymous

Inactive

MConnell – ” “Corporations will invite serious consequences if they become a vehicle for far-left mobs to hijack our country from outside the constitutional order.”

so, corporations for years have FUNDED the GOP that stopped Merrick Garland and appiojnted Gorusch (against the “constitutional order”) and that made our gun laws INSANE and that peeled back the Voting Rights Act

etc

etc
      etc

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Rand Paul has been a clown for 5 years now. He lost to Trump then decided to be a shit-stain and like his taint to get the maga voting block.

Pathetic and awful person who additionally spreads disinformation about COVID and obsesses over Fauci like Gaetz does for teenagers

• spartan

Participant

uh . . no . . removing polling stations and drop boxes and voting buses (to increase lines in BLACK COMMUNITIES) all of which you previously supported BEFORE YOU LOST and then criminalizing aid to those in even longer lines . . is racist . . obviously

Where you vote is determined at the local level. That is, each county has their own ELECTED officials including a County Supervisor of Elections. Therefore the counties where there are long lines, not enough voting times etc are expericning problems because of the mechanisms put into place by the people they themselves voted in to do it. The Georgia new law for example, stipulates that each voting station can only serve a certain number of people and if during an election the lines are too long, in the next election you must increase the number of polling stations or the number of staff to be able to accommodate that number of people.

Roving buses seeking voters. Do I really have to address that one? Except to point out that it only occurred in the last election in one county, so the “it was approved before” seems to be a load of ****

Before now there was nothing in Georgia voting law that dealt with drop boxes. Some counties did not have any at all. This law stipulates you HAVE to provide at least 2 per county. They also need to be monitored. In the last election there were a number of boxes in the middle of nowhere with no monitoring or supervision at all. Not saying anything DID happen, but the doors were left wide open.

There ARE a couple of head scratchers here I will admit. i.e. why do absentee ballots have to be in 11 days before the election. I don’t see the point in that one. Some time before, sure, but 11 days?

What I see is a series of steps designed to avoid the criticism Georgia came under from the last debacle and to ensure people aren’t FINDING and counting votes 6 days after the election was supposedly done. The optics on that one is just ripe for conspiracy theories at the very least. As history showed.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where you vote is determined at the local level. That is, each county has their own ELECTED officials including a County Supervisor of Elections. Therefore the counties where there are long lines, not enough voting times etc are expericning problems because of the mechanisms put into place by the people they themselves voted in to do it. The Georgia new law for example, stipulates that each voting station can only serve a certain number of people and if during an election the lines are too long, in the next election you must increase the number of polling stations or the number of staff to be able to accommodate that number of people.

Roving buses seeking voters. Do I really have to address that one? Except to point out that it only occurred in the last election in one county, so the “it was approved before” seems to be a load of ****

Before now there was nothing in Georgia voting law that dealt with drop boxes. Some counties did not have any at all. This law stipulates you HAVE to provide at least 2 per county. They also need to be monitored. In the last election there were a number of boxes in the middle of nowhere with no monitoring or supervision at all. Not saying anything DID happen, but the doors were left wide open.

There ARE a couple of head scratchers here I will admit. i.e. why do absentee ballots have to be in 11 days before the election. I don’t see the point in that one. Some time before, sure, but 11 days?

What I see is a series of steps designed to avoid the criticism Georgia came under from the last debacle and to ensure people aren’t FINDING and counting votes 6 days after the election was supposedly done. The optics on that one is just ripe for conspiracy theories at the very least. As history showed.

Is this like “Gaetz sounds innocent and you only go where fools rush in?”

Read something other than the KKK version, maybe? There’s plenty of information out there. The peeling back of the federal approval for change in the VRA combined with an increase if minority voting and this . . from the CURRENT GOVERNOR OF GEORGIA

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/7232120-Brian-Kemp-Poll-Memo.html

• Anonymous

Inactive

@Spartan, you write a book here while avoiding the Gaetz thread lmao.

“ In 2005, the year that Republicans gained control of state government after decades of Democratic domination, HB 244 was a 59-page bill that contained nearly 70 revisions of state election code, including two major changes: adding a photo ID requirement for in-person voting and allowing Georgians to vote by mail without an excuse, and without an ID.”

“ Among the lawmakers who voted for the bill were Gov. Brian Kemp (then a state senator), House Speaker David Ralston, Speaker Pro Tem Jan Jones, Majority Leader Jon Burns, Senate Rules chairman Jeff Mullis, Georgia Republican Party Chairman David Shafer (then a state senator) and Reps. Terry England, Sharon Cooper, Ed Setzler, Lynn Smith and Barry Fleming, author of the current House omnibus which is one of the bills that would add an ID requirement to absentee ballots and applications.”

TRUMP LOST IN GEORGIA because

1) he’s a racist fluck

2) Stacey A ORGANIZED a turnout BY THE GOP RULES

this is why they are now changing their own rules

Racist gonna racist

• Anonymous

Inactive

See the name Fleming in the list of GOP who CREATED GA’s absentee voting THEN?

This is the sane guy NOW

“ n a November op-ed, Fleming compared absentee voting to the “shady” part of town down by the docks where people run the risk of being “shanghaied.”

“I believe it is the legislature’s preference that people vote in person; that’s the best way,” Fleming said at the Georgia Bar Media & Judiciary Conference in February. “When you’re in the confines of the precinct, there are election officials there who are watching to make sure that there is no possibility of undue influence. When that ballot leaves and goes outside those confines, you always have the chance of undue influence.””

Bwahaha

• Anonymous

Inactive

series of steps designed to avoid the criticism Georgia came under from the last debacle

Lmao.

“I say it’s fraud! My own party disagrees but because I say it’s fraud we need to take steps to avoid my claim …. even though it’s fake… and my own party created the rules. “

@Spartan
      , good thing you’re not partisan.

🙄

• Anonymous

Inactive

Roving buses seeking voters. Do I really have to address that one?

Only if fiction is fun?

Not “roving” lol.

Because of the SHORTAGE OF POLLING places a MOBILE polling station was set up at various community locations. Good grief, literally an 8 station bus that parks in community centers. They are not driving the streets looking for voters

Only one County? Uh, the one I know of was in FULTON COUNTY. you may not know Fulton county but the reason it was there undercuts your point.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.