Viewing 19 reply threads

• Author

• Boid Fink

Participant

is to smack ARod around early. Once he starts taking hits, he folds like a cheap suit.

This is proven. He is not a guy who functions well when he takes a few shots early.

Brady is sort of the same way, but he never just gives up line ARod has in the past. We have all seen it before.

Hopefully the Bucs pass rush realizes how vital their jobs is on that particular day. More so than any other game, vs any other team, this is a simple and effective way to derail their chances significantly.

Please wait…

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Theres a reason brady has 6 rings & arod has 1.

Can arod get ring #2 this year? Wouldn’t bet on it.

Please wait…

• Boid Fink

Participant

Defensive rushers have to win their matchups and smash ARod. Simple formula for success. Tons of arm talent, fragile ego and mentality.

He’s a pretty boy. Unlike Brady who becomes a savage when things get tough.

I hope the Bucs win this game. Would be great for all of us here at the PR who have discussed this ad nauseum.

Please wait…

• ArmyBuc91

Participant

Crazy to think the Rams didn’t get one sack when they lead the league or are second in the league with 53 while we have 48.. not far off I suppose, but we’ll definitely need to execute. Them not having a healthy Aaron Donald definitely was a difference maker.

Please wait…

• seekpar

Participant

Pound Rodgers and pound the rock!

Please wait…

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

Like he said.. Pound A-Rod n pound the rock!!!

I think our Oline vs their front is the BEST matchup we have in this game.
        They also use alot of dime so we can use size advantage. Get to second level and have good blocking WRs. We need to wear them down so in the 4th quarter we have an advantage. Have to cover Adams n Tonyan in red zone! Take them away and we have a shot.
        Idk how or what is going on with Godwin. Does he seem off a little or is it just me? He should be the second best matchup in this game. A healthy, normal CG should eat their #2 CB.

The pass rush has to get home. We basically have to be the hungrier, angrier, want it more team. I mean bully them in their house. If Vea can be normal Vea on his limited snaps and dominate a few times early? He will give the defense a huge emotional boost. Shut down Jones and take away their play action!

Of course win the turnover battle!!

Please wait…

• TBChucky

Participant

Devin White to the rescue! He’ll be chasing Arod around all day!

Please wait…

• Boid Fink

Participant

At armybucs, the difference indeed was the loss of Donald. The entire defense looked sort of soft that day.

Let’s hope the Bucs defense comes in playing fast and calm at the same time.

Please wait…

• creamsicles

Participant

We need to minimize Davante Adams.

I’d envision regularly sending 5 at Rodgers (since we haven’t been successful with 4 for awhile), with our tackles/White dedicated to preventing the inside scramble. I’d double Adams most plays.

If Vea can push the pocket on some pass plays, I could see Shaq wreak havoc with only sending 4… that would be a game changer.

Please wait…

• kenntak

Participant

Don’t forget that the Packers had a week off, and that showed. They don’t have that luxury this week. :) That is why I preferred playing the Saints last week. If this all goes well, we will have to give some thanks to the Rams.

Please wait…

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by kenntak.

• Welsh Buc

Participant

Bucs aren’t getting any respect from national media – even Ledyard has gone against us.

This team won’t take too kindly to being written off so easily.

Smash him in the mouth and run all over them. If Packers are going to play 6 DB’s regularly then there’s no excuse to running well.

Please wait…

• TNEGATIVE

Participant

Agree with all of this, but come on. We could say this about every QB in the league. “Pressure up the middle”, “Get in his face”, “Get him off his spot” , “Make him uncomfortable” blah, blah. That works for EVERY QB. Problem is, actually being able to do it.

Please wait…

• Boid Fink

Participant

This is very very true. Every QB usually has trouble in those situations, except for guys like Watson, Jackson, Allen, Mahomes, and in his heyday, Ben.

The difference between those guys and Rogers is…Rogers doesn’t have mental toughness to bounce back from getting popped a few times early. That was my initial statement. You smack ARod early and he folds for the remainder. He sees more ghosts than Brady did against The Saints game 2, arguably Brady’s worst game.

Point being, if they can land a few shots on him early, it WILL affect the rest of his game even if his protection gets better. Just something about him that doesn’t overcome adversity that well.

That said when he gets a nice rhythms going he is very very difficult to beat. Have to get at him early.

Please wait…

• kenntak

Participant

Doesn’t Rodgers have a poor record in championship games? I am too lazy to look it up.

Please wait…

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

I’d say the key to beating the Packers is long sustained drives that keeps Rodgers off the field

Please wait…

• BChaves8

Participant

@Buccanoler

This! Packers run D is pretty average, should be able to control the time of possession and keep Rogers off the field.

Please wait…

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

It is!! Rogers has 22 TDs off play action . If we own the clock and get TDs not FGs. Theyll feel a sense of ” uh oh” plus sitting for 7,8,9 minute drives can possibly make it a bit harder to get warmed up themselves. Keep them cold on the sidelines.
        The BEST scenario, an 8 min TD drive. Then follow up with an immediate stop. Go do it again!!
        Make it a two score game and eat up 12-14 mins. Set the tone of our domination upfront. They start to send help , Brady picks them apart. They will feel the pressure, abandon the run , thus eliminate the play action.

Please wait…

• KyBucfan51

Participant

Suh will come into this game fired up he’s not done with Rodgers.

Please wait…

• TBChucky

Participant

The key to beating the Packers is to out score them!!

In all seriousness, I agree with knocking Rodgers around early and often!! Just NO roughing penalties!

Please wait…

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

No simple way to beat Green Bay, they lost 3 games all year for a reason. Offensively though it’s about game management, they can be run on if the defense holds so 2 TE and don’t be shy with play action on any down. The defense won’t hold if they don’t sell out and play man with the hopes that the blitz performs multiple times better than they have all postseason….or else there’s no more postseason.

Please wait…

• NotDeadYet

Participant

Road game, so No penalties and no turnovers is paramount. Tight coverage, apply pressure everywhere on D. Play smart on D; no hero-ball,follow your assignments, trust your teammates.Bullyball on O; we have studs to do it!

Please wait…

• Mic

Participant

Watch film on the niners packers apparently they always have their number in the regular season and postseason, they also let garoppolo throw 8 passes lol

Please wait…

• Boid Fink

Participant

What did I say?

They hammered Rogers and he got nervous. He hates getting hit.

Game. Set. Next match.

Please wait…

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.