Viewing 30 reply threads

• Author

• Defense5599

Blocked

Please wait…

• JC5100

Participant

Why are they evil? Because they work harder than everyone else?

Please wait…

• Defense5599

Blocked

Because they use loopholes to commit more resources to football that gives them an unfair advantage, all the while avoiding NCAA violations.  Each school can only have so many assistant coaches on staff.  What Bama does is employ two layers of “pseudo coaches” that aren’t officially assistant coaches.  The first layer handles game planning.  All they do is break down the tape of each opponent and determine tendencies.  The second layer handles recruiting and they are the ones who contact recruits.  Because they are not officially assistant coaches, they can contact recruits during the “dead period”.   It’s only a matter of time before the NCAA puts a stop to this, but right now, it’s legal.

Please wait…

• ktownbuc47

Participant

I don’t think Bama is ever going to struggle to get top recruits as long as they keep winning regardless of how many/few recruiters they use. Everybody wants to play for a winner.

Please wait…

• BucsBay

Participant

Always good to see someone beat Bama. (btw, I know we’re pretty set at LB, but Rueben Foster is a beast).

I don’t know that Bama won’t take a bit of a dip after this. They’ve been trying to evolve and be more like Clemson offensively, but it’s tough to be able to run that in crunch time when you just coast over most people through the year.

Please wait…

• Biggs3535

Participant

Because they use loopholes to commit more resources to football that gives them an unfair advantage, all the while avoiding NCAA violations. Each school can only have so many assistant coaches on staff. What Bama does is employ two layers of “pseudo coaches” that aren’t officially assistant coaches. The first layer handles game planning. All they do is break down the tape of each opponent and determine tendencies. The second layer handles recruiting and they are the ones who contact recruits. Because they are not officially assistant coaches, they can contact recruits during the “dead period”. It’s only a matter of time before the NCAA puts a stop to this, but right now, it’s legal.

I’m not an Alabama fan, but you sound butthurt.  They don’t have an “unfair” advantage.  Every team in the country can do the things you’re complaining about.

Please wait…

• ghost

Participant

After a crappy wildcard weekend, it was refreshing to watch a great football game

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He is a grown azz man.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Problem with college football is it’s the same teams over and over… boring

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol…

Please wait…

• m_j

Participant

Evil or not who cares, it is good that someone won who comes outisde of “those big schools that always win”

Another good thing, Ray Jay never looked so great as it did Monday. It looks amazing with temporary seats in place and those new big screens!!! Also we’ve got a new stadium record: 74.512 people attended.

I know it is not realistic, but it would be great to have another Super Bowl in the bay!

Please wait…

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

Bama finally plays an offense worth a shit and they get dog walked………Best Defense Ever…….what a load of crap. Their whole thing in Bama is an embarrassment. With all of these assistants leaving may be time to pounce if you are one of these other dick riding SEC schools. Hope so, it’s been a decade.

Please wait…

• Defense5599

Blocked

Evil or not who cares, it is good that someone won who comes outisde of “those big schools that always win” Another good thing, Ray Jay never looked so great as it did Monday. It looks amazing with temporary seats in place and those new big screens!!! Also we’ve got a new stadium record: 74.512 people attended. I know it is not realistic, but it would be great to have another Super Bowl in the bay!

If modifications are made to the stadium, then it is definitely realistic.   The most important thing would be to do something similar to what the Dolphins did to their stadium that protects fans from the weather.

Please wait…

• m_j

Participant

Evil or not who cares, it is good that someone won who comes outisde of “those big schools that always win” Another good thing, Ray Jay never looked so great as it did Monday. It looks amazing with temporary seats in place and those new big screens!!! Also we’ve got a new stadium record: 74.512 people attended. I know it is not realistic, but it would be great to have another Super Bowl in the bay!

If modifications are made to the stadium, then it is definitely realistic. The most important thing would be to do something similar to what the Dolphins did to their stadium that protects fans from the weather.

that would be great, not only for purpose of getting superbowls, but for the fans in the first place! having the roof in the stadium helps in many ways, it adds rain protection, stadium gets more compact and louder etc. still, I do not think it is realistic to find someone who is going to invest another 250 mil in Ray Jay

Please wait…

• Defense5599

Blocked

If modifications are made to the stadium, then it is definitely realistic. The most important thing would be to do something similar to what the Dolphins did to their stadium that protects fans from the weather.

that would be great, not only for purpose of getting superbowls, but for the fans in the first place! having the roof in the stadium helps in many ways, it adds rain protection, stadium gets more compact and louder etc. still, I do not think it is realistic to find someone who is going to invest another 250 mil in Ray Jay

The question is, why don’t the Glazers buy it?   I don’t see why the city of Tampa won’t sell it to them.  It would be a good investment for them.  Then all that revenue from the Outback Bowl, concerts, USF games, etc…. would go to them.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Their whole thing in Bama is an embarrassment.

Yeah. 4 titles and 5 appearances since 2009. What a joke of a program.

Stop embarrassing yourself, Bass.

Please wait…

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

It’s fine to be caught in the moment but, anyone with eyes could see that until the playoffs, Bama faced one legit QB, Chad Kelly, and he did some damage to them. So to hear “this may be the best Bama defense ever”, became a bit nauseating. Just like with Clemson saying “Are we the best Natty champs ever, we beat the past 4 national champions on our way to the ring.” No, stop losing to Pittsburgh and NC State, then maybe you are in a top 10 of sorts.

Please wait…

• Havok904

Participant

It’s fine to be caught in the moment but, anyone with eyes could see that until the playoffs, Bama faced one legit QB, Chad Kelly, and he did some damage to them. So to hear “this may be the best Bama defense ever”, became a bit nauseating. Just like with Clemson saying “Are we the best Natty champs ever, we beat the past 4 national champions on our way to the ring.” No, stop losing to Pittsburgh and NC State, then maybe you are in a top 10 of sorts.

That’s because it was the best and most talented defense in Alabama football history you moron.

Please wait…

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

That’s because it was the best and most talented defense in Alabama football history you moron.

Go learn football. Please…………pretty please. They faced some of the worst quarterbacking in the country. When they faced a QB worth a crap, Chad Kelly, Deshaun Watson, they got scorched. I don’t even need to look this up but if Bama gave up almost 500 yards through the air to a QB that was beaten by Pitt and NC State, then, there is zero chance that this was Bama’s best defense ever. You look cheap saying such nonsense.

Please wait…

• Havok904

Participant

That’s because it was the best and most talented defense in Alabama football history you moron.

Go learn football. Please…………pretty please. They faced some of the worst quarterbacking in the country. When they faced a QB worth a crap, Chad Kelly, Deshaun Watson, they got scorched. I don’t even need to look this up but if Bama gave up almost 500 yards through the air to a QB that was beaten by Pitt and NC State, then, there is zero chance that this was Bama’s best defense ever. You look cheap saying such nonsense.

You look dumb by NOT understanding what they were saying. Talent wise it was the best in Alabama football history. QFT

Please wait…

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

You look dumb by NOT understanding what they were saying. Talent wise it was the best in Alabama football history. QFT

Only their secondary has never been worse under Saban. Dog walked in the only game that matters to Bama.

Please wait…

• Havok904

Participant

Only their secondary has never been worse under Saban. Dog walked in the only game that matters to Bama.

Hate to break to ya pal but all the games matter in college football.

Please wait…

• Runole

Participant

Yeah. 4 titles and 5 appearances since 2009. What a joke of a program. Stop embarrassing yourself, Bass.

FSU 37 UF 7 at UF

FSU 24-19 at FSU

FSU 27 -2  at UF

FSU 31-13 at FSU

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Yeah. 4 titles and 5 appearances since 2009. What a joke of a program. Stop embarrassing yourself, Bass.

FSU 37 UF 7 at UF FSU 24-19 at FSU FSU 27 -2 at UF FSU 31-13 at FSU

I stated a fact, and you veer off topic (as usual) due to your obsession with UF.

Not surprising…

Please wait…

• Havok904

Participant

I would like to see Clemson and FSU play a SEC schedule weekend and week out. I doubt they would  even rank in the top ten.

Please wait…

• Havok904

Participant

Are you telling us you know football?..lol

Please wait…

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

I would like to see Clemson and FSU play a SEC schedule weekend and week out. I doubt they would even rank in the top ten.

Yeah, Jimbo is 9-1 vs. the SEC, he’s super scared to play their teams.

Please wait…

• Bucman

Participant

Bamas Defense scored more points than a lot of Offenses did. They were outstanding regardless of talent level they played…

Please wait…

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

Bamas Defense scored more points than a lot of Offenses did. They were outstanding regardless of talent level they played…

Until they played a team that could actually throw the football. Fun defense, sure, nothing historic about it.

Please wait…

• Defense5599

Blocked

Until they played a team that could actually throw the football. Fun defense, sure, nothing historic about it.

They were built to defend against the run, not the pass.   Like you said, they faced one halfway decent QB all season and he did some serious damage to them.

Please wait…

• Runole

Participant

I stated a fact, and you veer off topic (as usual) due to your obsession with UF. Not surprising…

I included both just so we could also include the SEC East champions of 2015 and 2016.   Only fair considering many seem to think the ACC is allegedly weak.

Check the ACC bowl record this season!

Please wait…

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.