Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 6 reply threads

• Author

• captain ahab

Participant

I am guessing that there is no team in the history of professional football that succeeds when the defense gives up on average +30 points a game, 40 today. This team is going nowhere if they cannot keep the opponents scoring down.

• captain ahab

Participant

I totally understand that we have first and second year guys in the secondary and Bowles was dealt a bad hand to work with, makes little sense as to why they did not bring in a veteran or two. In time these young players will improve and perhaps play some good ball.

• GoldsonAges

Participant

I am guessing that there is no team in the history of professional football that succeeds when the defense gives up on average +30 points a game, 40 today. This team is going nowhere if they cannot keep the opponents scoring down.

Didn’t you hear it’s all Winston’s fault?

Winston carried this team on his back today. The refs and defense blew it.

GottaJaboo wrote:
      (Justin) Evans will be far superior to (Budda) Baker in the pros.

Dan Skipper Sucks! (lost bet)
      Update – UDFA Dan Skipper has been signed by the Dallas Cowboys

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

Loose bowels defense, again.

• Reverend fabio

Participant

This GM is not ready to do anything with this defense, look at the Steelers trading for Minkah Fitzpatrick and he already had like 2-3 pick 6s for the Steelers.

• tog

Participant

It’s a passing league and the Bucs have a young, untalented secondary.

VH3 is the vet and he’s a bust.

This is the issue I had with a lot of the Mike Smith criticism. Mike Smith was terrible!

But he had so LITTLE talent on the defense and nothing in the secondary. He tried dropping into coverage, blitzing, nothing worked.

When you have a GLARING weakness on defense, teams attack it. When its your entire, inexperienced secondary, you can’t do much to cover that up. Look at the Seahawks who also struggled in coverage.

• Pepsi

Participant

It’s a passing league and the Bucs have a young, untalented secondary.

VH3 is the vet and he’s a bust.

This is the issue I had with a lot of the Mike Smith criticism. Mike Smith was terrible!

But he had so LITTLE talent on the defense and nothing in the secondary. He tried dropping into coverage, blitzing, nothing worked.

When you have a GLARING weakness on defense, teams attack it. When its your entire, inexperienced secondary, you can’t do much to cover that up. Look at the Seahawks who also struggled in coverage.

Agreed, I dont know how many coordinators we have to go through before everyone gets on the same page and realizes its obviously not the coordinators. Im sick of Licht’s prospect evaluation not making any sense, and his draft decisions being total failures in opportunity cost. He was the only one who needed to get canned after last year. I dont have much faith in the Bucs until hes gone.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The topic ‘The fabulous Todd Bowles Buc defense’ is closed to new replies.