Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 61 reply threads

• Author

• Trask Force

Participant

Ledyard is talking about Godwin’s salary and the salary cap and so the door is obviously open to talk about the future. Even as we enjoy a winning season and being reigning Superbowl champs, there is plenty of time to do that and also ponder the uncertain future of the quarterback position.

Sure if Brady wants to return for 2022 using a walker, we’ll be glad to have him back. Its still better than the alternatives. But IMO Brady will call it quits after this season. At least there’s a enough of a chance of it happening that it’s worth contemplating what the Bucs will do post-Brady. What are the options going to be for the Bucs?

Option 1) Trade for a legit Superbowl caliber veteran: Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, DeShaun Watson. Sounds great! Do you think Licht will be wanting to trade MULTIPLE FIRST ROUND PICKS for the right to put $30 of $40 mil on the salary cap? The salary part, sure I could see them squeezing a big QB cap number in there if they were still aiming for a Superbowl. But No. Jason Licht will not give up the multiple first round picks, even if Arians wanted him to. That goes against how the Bucs operate.

Answer: No.

Option 2) Trade for a questionable veteran: Baker Mayfield, Jimmy Garoppolo, Tua Tagovailoa, These guys will all probably be available for trade. You still have to give up some draft capital, even if it isn’t to the same level as those top guys. How excited would you be to have Baker Mayfield heading up your team? Me? Not too much. Its one thing to reclaim a dude off the scrap heap. Its a whole nother thing to trade draft capital for the right to pay a guy $25 million when he can’t throw an accurate deep ball. Not getting excited.

Option 3) Free agency. Oh there are endless possibilities! Teddy Bridgewater Jameis Winston Sam Darnold Andy Dalton Nick Foles Tyrod Taylor Marcus Mariotta Mitch Trubisky Ben Roethlisberger? Start the run on season tickets right now!

Answer: Hell no.

Option 4) Draft a quarterback. The crop is thin this year to begin with and they will be snapped up by some desperate teams like the Lions. The Bucs won’t draft until late in the round, plus they drafted a QB last year. I’m sure Licht will do his due diligence and if somebody falls in their lap who they secretly love then sure anything’s possible. Don’t hold your breath.

Option 5) Make Gabbert the starter. If he was starter material he would have garnered some kind of attention around the league. There is film on this guy in the preseason. Obviously nobody showed any interest whatsoever. It’s great to have him as a low budget emergency veteran backup. That’s all he should ever be.

Option 6) Kyle Trask. By now you know where I’m going with this. The Bucs surprised everyone by spending a 2nd round pick on Trask. Well, that wasn’t just because Licht and Arians had a couple of drinks and said “Yahoo what the hell lets do it!” No this was a purposeful move to draft a future starter. If you want to look at it objectively you can’t have any other conclusion. Fans are asking why did the Bucs waste a pick on a guy who is inactive for the entire season? You may be finding out the answer to that next season.

As a 2nd Round pick, Trask only has a four year contract. The Bucs will want to take advantage of that rookie salary scale. If you can get a starting QB for a $1.25 mil cap hit then you have some money to spend elsewhere. If Trask can just be serviceable then the Bucs will be OK.

Answer: Yes.

If Brady doesn’t come back, Kyle Trask will be the starting quarterback for the Bucs in 2022.

• seekpar

Participant

Boid Fink is going to pop a vein when he reads this. And your handle too.

• RudeGuy

Participant

Oh boy this will set Boid off again. IMO Trask will get his shot once Brady is done. Our hope is he is soaking in as much as he can in the QB room from Brady. He needs to study film and learn how to read NFL defenses. He is in the ideal situation right now. Only getting him on the field will eventually reveal if he will make it in the NFL. We all hope and pray he is the answer after Brady.

• kenntak

Participant

Can you please hide this from Boid, lol?

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Brady will be back next year, thankfully.

Beyond that is anyones guess.

• Trask Force

Participant

Oh boy this will set Boid off again. IMO Trask will get his shot once Brady is done. Our hope is he is soaking in as much as he can in the QB room from Brady. He needs to study film and learn how to read NFL defenses. He is in the ideal situation right now. Only getting him on the field will eventually reveal if he will make it in the NFL. We all hope and pray he is the answer after Brady.

Well, Brady is a tough act to follow, but I think the Trask QB era would have to be in conjunction with an overall strategy to use the extra salary cap space toward a more conservative game plan featuring running, defense and complementary football. But what do I know. They just let Winston sink or swim rather than adjust the game plan and and he sank. So we’ll see.

• Trask Force

Participant

Can you please hide this from Boid, lol?

The idea of the Trask era is more about the Bucs using the salary cap ramifications to their advantage and him being least terrible choice as opposed to him being a future superstar.

• Greattimes

Participant

The Bucs will have greater needs than drafting another QB. The Bucs will be a different team next year, especially if Brady retires. If Brady retires, Gronk will retire. The Bucs have a lot of players who are on a one year contract. Next offseason may be the best chance these players have of getting a big contract in free agency.

• obuc

Participant

brady needs a walker in 2022? You havent been paying attention.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

If Bucs win this year, Brady is coming back to try and 3 peat

Only an injury would make him not come back next year. Put the odds like this

40% that 2022 season is his last
      50% he plays beyond his current contract
      10% that this is his last season

• BadabingBucs

Participant

As for Trask

I could see Bucs wanting him to be #2 next year

But I could also see it being up to Tom if he wants Blaine to remain #2

They won’t piss off Tom and let him decide on the depth chart

• Trask Force

Participant

brady needs a walker in 2022? You havent been paying attention.

Didn’t say that. Anyway,the decision is totally up to one guy: Tom Brady. And I seriously doubt he has even entertained the topic in his own mind, nor will he until after the season. He’s too focused on the task at hand. But its a real enough possibility that it deserves discussion.

If Brady retires, what do the Bucs do at QB? If you disagree with my assessment, then tell me where I went wrong.

• Donkey

Participant

We sucked for like 17 straight years. Can’t we just enjoy having the GOAT for probably 3 years and all the winning and relevance it brings?

• Greattimes

Participant

I’ll second that motion!

• BucsNoles4Life

Participant

Trask will get his shot once Brady is done. But someone will be brought in to compete with him. And if a Russell Wilson or Aaron Rodgers does become available (not via trade but via free agency) you can bet that Licht will snap them up.

• m_j

Participant

I do not care about next year at this point! we‘re 9-3, this year is the only thing on my mind

• creamsicles

Participant

Getting Garrapalo to succeed Brady would be kinda funny.

• m_j

Participant

yepp, but don’t think anyone here wants that :-)

• ONEBIGDADDY

Participant

Good write up. I think Brady will be around a little while longer while Trask is his understudy. What a way to learn from it.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by ONEBIGDADDY.

• Pennywise

Participant

Trask will be giving the chance to be the guy , really not all that complicated . You watch the Bucs war room during the draft , and the owners were as excited about the Trask pick , as JL and BA were

• Boid Fink

Participant

Bucs should have drafted Quinn Meinerz. Cappa may walk, still need depth regardless of Stinnie who is also beat up. And Meinerz looks to be a solid guard in the future.

Made no sense to draft Trask. He isn’t going to take the helm and not skip a beat when Brady leaves. Dark days ahead when Brady leaves. And everyone will see the Licht. Go out the door.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Bucs should have drafted Quinn Meinerz. Cappa may walk, still need depth regardless of Stinnie who is also beat up. And Meinerz looks to be a solid guard in the future.

Meinerz hasn’t been that good. He only recently became a starter after an injury to Graham Glasnow. He would definitely be riding the pine in Tampa. He may turn out to be a solid guard, as you say, but there is really nothing to show that as of now.

• Boid Fink

Participant

He has shown flashes which means he needs live reps and has taken to some coaching. He’s come from a smallish school so the mentoring was probably subpar. But occasionally I have seen him really get after it, and I do see him as a good developmental project. I have seen absolutely nothing from Trask. His preseason was garbage. His grip needs work that’s for certain. I was never a Trask fan, I have always saw him as a beneficiary of Kadarius and Pitts, the highest drafted tight end in history. Tibet had the most yards after catch in the ncaa. My biggest issue with the selection is I don’t see Trask as anything other than a backup project. That’s it. You don’t draft a backup project when the title window is so small as to make him a absolutely useless selection. Brady has no time to mentor Trask. He is too busy recovering, working out, and prepping for a super bowl by working with his skill position guys and his linemen.

So there is two reasons I personally object to Trask. As a fan, this was a flat out stupid decision. They were NOT in a position to squander picks in a small window. Made no sense then and less now.

Meinerz hasn’t been that good. He only recently became a starter after an injury to Graham Glasnow. He would definitely be riding the pine in Tampa. He may turn out to be a solid guard, as you say, but there is really nothing to show that as of now.

• Trask Force

Participant

OK Boid, you are firmly not on board with Trask. What is your solution to the QB problem, should Brady hang up the cleats? So far we’ve had a wide variety of comments, but a logical alternative has not been among them. I’d like a name – a player who could realistically be the Bucs starting QB next year.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

OK Boid, you are firmly not on board with Trask. What is your solution to the QB problem, should Brady hang up the cleats? So far we’ve had a wide variety of comments, but a logical alternative has not been among them. I’d like a name – a player who could realistically be the Bucs starting QB next year.

If Brady retired next year, it would depend on who else left.

I think this is a talented enough team to compete

Bucs would have to consider Aaron Rogers or Russell Wilson

I know I’m a glutton for punishment but I’d bring back jameis Winston to atleast compete with Trask

I think for all our sakes we hope Brady plays next year as well, wirh the hope that trask dresses on game days in 2022 as the #2

• theknees

Participant

Apparently Trask isn’t interested in the game. Like he’s the last guy in and first guy to leave type of thing. We need to find an FA. I’m thinking Rogers ends up in Tampa.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Made no sense to draft Trask. He isn’t going to take the helm and not skip a beat when Brady leaves. Dark days ahead when Brady leaves. And everyone will see the Licht. Go out the door.

I’m nearly as big as an anti-trasker as you boid. Hated the pick. Still do.

As weak as this years qb class is, hopefully he proves us both wrong.

Barring mortgaging the future (even more) trading for wilson or rodgers or watson, at least we have a cheap (potential) qb for 3 or 4 years.

Very likely brady is back next year. Wanted to play til hes 45. Unless he falls off a cliff next year, would love him for 2023 as well obviously!

Dunno if you guys have seen the trailer/commercials for battlefield 2042. They have a sign in the background saying Tom Brady 2042 MVP showing him all old and gray lmao. Hilarious.

• Boid Fink

Participant

If Brady hangs them up (he won’t next year), the contingency would be to draft another QB with their first pick, if they have to move up a few spots they could dangle a second since Licht lived to gamble with those picks and you start mining for talent. Until you find a very good QB you keep scouring FA and the draft. I just don’t think Trask is going to lead this team anywhere. He’s a bench guy and that’s fine, but what irks me is the thinking here.
      No way is Trask a good contingency plan. He is almost a third rounder so scratch that notion. His chances of that took a nosedive based on his draft spot alone not considering his arm talent which leaves a ton to be desired. His mobility is garbage, he doesn’t zip the ball around…just no man. Bucs should have drafted a depth guy who can try and step in due to injury, and to possibly help navigate salary cap issues when next season ends. Players will walk next year for sure, because Tampa won’t be able to pay them what they could fetch on the open market (super bowl champions, Veteran starter), which will be considerable.

It was a weird and poorly thought out selection and now you all know it. I told you guys injuries happened. And lo and behold have they ever decimated this team.

You do what every team does. You keep looking until you get a stud QB. There is no exact science.

If Trask us a starter we will be in for dark days as Tampa fans again. You all remember that crappy feeling wasting Sundays watching mediocre or garbage teams suit up. We have seen years and years and years and years of that dismal nonsense.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

If Brady hangs them up (he won’t next year), the contingency would be to draft another QB with their first pick,

Lol

• TBChucky

Participant

If Brady does walk away after this season, fuck it play Trask. At least we’d see what we have. If he sucks we’d get a better shot at a higher draft pick, and hopefully a better QB prospect. That being said PLEASE come back Tom!!

• Boid Fink

Participant

What else are the Bucs going to do? You asked if it was me, what would I do? I would draft another QB u til I found a good one with assets. I would look to draft but catch radius tight ends and a solid runner to help development.

It’s a basic concept. And it is flawed otherwise everyone would have a great QB. Can’t win without one or at least, it helps significantly.

• Pennywise

Participant

Trask will be the starter when Brady calls it a career ,he will get every chance to be that guy .

HC loves him , that is all that matters .

• Boid Fink

Participant

Arians won’t be around when Trask hits the field. He isn’t trying to stick around to rebuild, he’s too old for that. And once Brady leaves, players will bounce to the highest bidder, and the Bucs will be in search of a star QB again. Trask isn’t going to lead the Bucs anywhere with his pop gun arm and baby hands.

Trask will be the starter when Brady calls it a career ,he will get every chance to be that guy .

HC loves him , that is all that matters .

• kenntak

Participant

Let’s see how things pan out. Nobody knows until the situation arises.

• seekpar

Participant

Bring back wINsTon to compete with Trask, ROTFLMAO!

Trade up and draft a QB in 1st round almost as ridiculously funny, what can you get at QB in mid-late 1st round…another Trask. Why have two? Wasted pick.

If Brady leaves after this season, the answer clearly is FA or Trask. If they can get Wilson or Rodgers, then Trask continues to sit and the Bucs keep winning. If not, we’ll all get to see what we have in Trask.

• Boid Fink

Participant

A bust? Why waste time. You keep looking for QBs till you find a solid upside player. Mac Jones went middle of round 1.

Bring back wINsTon to compete with Trask, ROTFLMAO!

Trade up and draft a QB in 1st round almost as ridiculously funny, what can you get at QB in mid-late 1st round…another Trask. Why have two? Wasted pick.

If Brady leaves after this season, the answer clearly is FA or Trask. If they can get Wilson or Rodgers, then Trask continues to sit and the Bucs keep winning. If not, we’ll all get to see what we have in Trask.

• Greattimes

Participant

Trask is going to be the QB of the future. The Bucs are not going to be looking for another QB in any draft until Trask either does or does not prove himself. He may be good, he may not be good. But no one knows how Trask will do until he actually plays for a season. One thing is for certain, the Bucs are going to lose a lot of players due to FA after this year. Any QB who follows Brady is not going to have as strong a team around him as Brady has had.

• Greattimes

Participant

You keep looking for QBs till you find a solid upside player.

Boid, You don’t like it, but the Bucs believe they have a solid upside QB in Trask.

• Swash

Participant

Considering Brad Johnson, Jeff Garcia, and Tom Brady. Maybe the strategy will be to build a great OLine and lure a quality free agent QB in.

Trask is an unknown commodity right now. That’s also a factor. Even riding the pine, the Bucs are getting a great feel for who they have in house. I realllllllly don’t want Gabbart.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Brady leaves and this team will be an absolute shell of itself. Back to mediocrity until they find a good QB. In order to keep up with the best teams they will need a great QB.

Trask ain’t it. Slow, average arm strength, weak hands, he showed nothing in preseason. He was bad. Granted he was seeing his first action, but his time in Tampa will be as a permabench QB. You guys are insane thinking Trask is going to win titles in Tampa. Insanity.

• Greattimes

Participant

Trask ain’t it. Slow, average arm strength, weak hands, he showed nothing in preseason. He was bad. Granted he was seeing his first action, but his time in Tampa will be as a permabench QB. You guys are insane thinking Trask is going to win titles in Tampa. Insanity.

The only game that Trask played any significant time was against the Texans. In that game Trask was 12 of 14 for 146 yds and 1 TD. Everything you say about Trask is stuff you make up in your head because you hate Trask.

• Boid Fink

Participant

I will bet you Trask never amounts to anything other than a Josh Freeman/Josh Johnson/Ryan Fitzpatrick/Mike Glennon/Josh McCown/Tim Rattay/Bruce Gradkowski/Brian Griese blip in the Bucs archives. Bet that.

The only game that Trask played any significant time was against the Texans. In that game Trask was 12 of 14 for 146 yds and 1 TD. Everything you say about Trask is stuff you make up in your head because you hate Trask.

• BChaves8

Participant

I will bet you Trask never amounts to anything other than a Josh Freeman/Josh Johnson/Ryan Fitzpatrick/Mike Glennon/Josh McCown/Tim Rattay/Bruce Gradkowski/Brian Griese blip in the Bucs archives. Bet that.

I agree, but the same can be said for almost all QBS drafted.

• AntCam

Participant

I wouldn’t mind G. Minishaw. I’m not sure of his contractual situation, but Bucs could probably bring him cheap or low draft pick.

Fire those Cannons!!!!

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Trask will get every opportunity to win the job once brady retires.

Any qb drafted in the 2nd round would.

Doesnt mean trading for our qb isnt an option still.

We won’t draft one (at least early) though.

Once brady retires arians will be gone. Unless leftwich or bowles takes over, new coach will have no ties to Trask.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by DEBUCSOWN.

• Boid Fink

Participant

And a new coach will want his own personnel, QB for starters. Trask was an awful pick. Another Licht WTF moment, except for you gator honks.

• theknees

Participant

^^^^^All of this. Not sure why this happened. If Trask was close to ready, he would have been more present. As insulting a pick as I can remember

• jdubz

Participant

The comments about trask only being a 2nd rounder are funny considering our current starter was a 6th rounder.

If Tom retires and we can’t get another proven vet (Wilson not mayfield) on a reasonable contract then we’d be crazy to draft another QB before seeing what we have in trask.

Mac jones is a perfect example of situation usually playing a more important role than sheer talent. He may not be better than the QBs drafted ahead of him but he’s in the best situation and is having the opportunity to develop confidence at the next level that zack Wilson may never get (who the jets are probably ruining).

If Tom leaves and a whole bunch of vets with him, then the draft and FA dollars need to go into building the best team around trask. Drafting a stud QB with no supporting cast is a recipe for continuous failure.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by jdubz.

• TCB2W!

Participant

The comments about trask only being a 2nd rounder are funny considering our current starter was a 6th rounder.

If Tom retires and we can’t get another proven vet (Wilson not mayfield) on a reasonable contract then we’d be crazy to draft another QB before seeing what we have in trask.

Mac jones is a perfect example of situation usually playing a more important role than sheer talent. He may not be better than the QBs drafted ahead of him but he’s in the best situation and is having the opportunity to develop confidence at the next level that zack Wilson may never get (who the jets are probably ruining).

If Tom leaves and a whole bunch of vets with him, then the draft and FA dollars need to go into building the best team around trask. Drafting a stud QB with no supporting cast is a recipe for continuous failure.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by jdubz.

Stop being rational. Boid fink will just call you a gator honk and tell you how wrong you are. Also, other than TB12, what QB will take a “reasonable” salary to help the team?

• theknees

Participant

So every QB drafted late has been a Brady success story. Got it.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Rational? Get out. One 6th rounder in twenty years and we are supposed to assume Trask is going that “Route”? Also, you do t build teams around a QB you didn’t draft. Arians leaves, and the next staff has no commitment to Trask, and they will most likely want their own guy rather than a low ceiling, slow footed, weak hands and weak armed QB drafted in basically round 3. He is a backup. Get a grip you gator honks.

• Trask Force

Participant

So every QB drafted late has been a Brady success story. Got it.

This isn’t actually a Trask thread, Boid and Knees or other naysayers. The title clearly states “The future of the Bucs QB position (if Brady retires)”. Trask was my conclusion because of a process of elimination. I really could not see any option better than Trask, but that’s because if you don’t have any good options you might as well take advantage of the rookie salary scale to keep the rest of your team strong.

So throw me a bone here. Come up with somebody who could be the future starting Qb of the Bucs and how the Bucs would pull it off. I request that you come up with a basic blueprint for how this player ends up a Buccaneer. Give me…
      A) a quarterback name.
      B) How would they get him (trade/FA/draft)
      C) If trade, what kind of draft picks will they give up?
      C) what kind of contract would this guy possible command?

Its fair to say you don’t believe Trask is the future starting QB of the Bucs, but then its fair of me to request that you come up with your own realistic answer to the question. So what can you come up with?

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

and they will most likely want their own guy rather than a low ceiling, slow footed, weak hands and weak armed QB

Ironically enough…

…here were just a few notes about Brady prior to him being drafted…

–Poor build
      –Skinny
      –Lacks great physical stature and strength
      –Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush
      –Lacks a really strong arm
      –Can’t drive the ball downfield
      –Does not throw a really tight spiral
      –System-type player who can get exposed if forced to ad lib
      –Gets knocked down easily

End of the day, he’ll get a shot to compete because he’s on a cheap deal and got to sit behind the GOAT for a year.

• Trask Force

Participant

Rational? Get out. One 6th rounder in twenty years and we are supposed to assume Trask is going that “Route”? Also, you do t build teams around a QB you didn’t draft. Arians leaves, and the next staff has no commitment to Trask, and they will most likely want their own guy rather than a low ceiling, slow footed, weak hands and weak armed QB drafted in basically round 3. He is a backup. Get a grip you gator honks.

No regime drafts with the next regime in mind. But I’m talking about who will be the Bucs starting QB next year IF Brady retires after this season. Who will be the QB in 2022 in that case?. Of course he may not retire. If I wanted to put down some money on Brady retiring I’d get some pretty good odds in Vegas (+600 bet $100 to win $600), because Vegas doesn’t think he’ll retire just yet. But nevertheless that’s what I’m talking about.

Even if Arians retires, you will still have Licht calling the shots and Leftwich will probably either be the HC or still the OC. I don’t think the Bucs are going to let Leftwich walk, do you? When you talk about a “new regime” coming in, how can you project that with the Bucs currently a lock to win the division. Even if they punted a playoff game and Arians calls it quits, do you really think they are going to go out into the open market to get a whole new coaching regime?

• MichaelMyersIsABucsFan

Participant

Trask will be given a chance to compete, but they will find out quickly he isn’t an NFL winning QB. He can start and get you the #1 overall pick.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Leftwich may move on to another team. He has already been mentioned as a candidate for the Bears job, and one other but I can’t recall what team. Of course Trask is an option. But he isn’t the future. He was another wasted 2nd rounder. More like a third but we all know…

A wasted, drunken selection by Licht. That is his contingency plan? Lol.

No regime drafts with the next regime in mind. But I’m talking about who will be the Bucs starting QB next year IF Brady retires after this season. Who will be the QB in 2022 in that case?. Of course he may not retire. If I wanted to put down some money on Brady retiring I’d get some pretty good odds in Vegas (+600 bet $100 to win $600), because Vegas doesn’t think he’ll retire just yet. But nevertheless that’s what I’m talking about.

Even if Arians retires, you will still have Licht calling the shots and Leftwich will probably either be the HC or still the OC. I don’t think the Bucs are going to let Leftwich walk, do you? When you talk about a “new regime” coming in, how can you project that with the Bucs currently a lock to win the division. Even if they punted a playoff game and Arians calls it quits, do you really think they are going to go out into the open market to get a whole new coaching regime?

• Boid Fink

Participant

I feel like this is another Trent Richardson topic. I had to wage war with so many of you it was funny watching many of them fading away, never to be reminded that so e ideas are just very bad. Trask was one of those selections. Just a waste and I’m battling again to show you the folly.

Carry on. But Trask was a wasted pick. He couldn’t start for Houston, next year or the year after. He won’t be able to start in Tampa either. But if the Bucs were smart they would try and trade and recoup an asset.

• Trask Force

Participant

Boid, Instead of waging war, how about accepting my challenge? Who could be the future QB of the Bucs if Brady retires? I’m not asking anybody to be Nostradamus. Just asking for somebody to come up with a legit answer that makes sense. The only answer so far was somebody said wait for Aaron Rodgers to get cut so we can get him off waivers. Really? You don’t think anybody will trade for Aaron Rodgers? Come on. Is that the best anybody can do around here? Even if Trask gets his shot, they’ll make him earn the job in camp. I don’t think they’ll just hand him the job and get everybody else out of the way like you might with a first rounder. So who will they bring in? Give me a name.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Trask Force.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Look, it’s impossible to “give you a name”. Who would’ve thought Tom f()king Brady would be the QB if the Bucs in 2019? You want a name? Look at the draft board in two seasons. Brady is not retiring after this year. After next year he will bounce 100%. We can discuss in two seasons.

You’re “challenge” is like asking me who will be the DT next to Vea in two years…how do I even begin to answer such a goofy “it’s not a Nostradamus” type question when that is exactly what you are asking? I am merely saying Trask isn’t going to be winning titles in Tampa. He doesn’t have that ability. What is so GD hard here?

Boid, Instead of waging war, how about accepting my challenge? Who could be the future QB of the Bucs if Brady retires? I’m not asking anybody to be Nostradamus. Just asking for somebody to come up with a legit answer that makes sense. The only answer so far was somebody said wait for Aaron Rodgers to get cut so we can get him off waivers. Really? You don’t think anybody will trade for Aaron Rodgers? Come on. Is that the best anybody can do around here? Even if Trask gets his shot, they’ll make him earn the job in camp. I don’t think they’ll just hand him the job and get everybody else out of the way like you might with a first rounder. So who will they bring in? Give me a name.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Trask Force.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Also, Trask was a sucky pick. There is your Boidstradamus hot take. It was a crappy pick and you f’n know it. Bucs could have used anything other than a punter or kickers QB for depth in a title run. Licht screwed all the pouches with this drunken, pill induced stupor of a selection in such an important year.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Even if there’s a regime change, Trask will still get a shot to compete.

As I said earlier, he’s on a cheap deal.

It isn’t difficult.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Of course he will get a shot. But by then this team will be a shambles and his impact will be limited in returning the team to glory. Trask was simply a half baked idea and a weak attempt at a contingency with a low value pick with limited upside. Licht failed to improve the depth with a valuable pick. It was a silly idea, a stupid idea, and with the injury bug, as I said we dodged luckily last year being more an outlier than the norm, was a distinct possibility. Almost probable. Now granted it is merely one pick, but everything helps when pursuing a second championship, which would be legendary. I stead, we are building for mediocrity in the future? Trask is not going to have targets like he did in college where his limited skills benefited him, Toney and Pitts made him a lot more money. He won’t have the weapons Brady has, his time to get a shot will be years away when this team won’t even look remotely the same.

I will go down swinging, but you guys who liked this pick or even claim to “understand” it are not grasping how this team will look two seasons from now. And to think we have to rely on Trask is insulting. At least to me. You gator honks are fine with it because you know…honks and all…

Even if there’s a regime change, Trask will still get a shot to compete.

As I said earlier, he’s on a cheap deal.

It isn’t difficult.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

You gator honks are fine with it because you know…honks and all…

I’m not enamored with the pick. Never was.

Viewing 61 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.