Viewing 19 reply threads

• Author

• Machiavelli

Participant

So someone explain to me how we are going to win this season. No pass rush. Terrible offensive line with no depth. I'm not asking to be a Debbie downer. Just looking for a logical answer we can hang our hat on as far as hope goes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So someone explain to me how we are going to win this season. No pass rush. Terrible offensive line with no depth. I'm not asking to be a Debbie downer. Just looking for a logical answer we can hang our hat on as far as hope goes.

what are you asking for?we are going to win by scoring more points than the opposition.  its logic at its finest.

Please wait…

• johnd

Participant

you are not going to win this year.  The Titans on the other hand….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

you are not going to win this year.  The Titans on the other hand....

Are going to not just suck this year, but for years to come!! (Almost 2 decades now that you have been the Colts biatch?)

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

...are most likely goiing to still be in the basement in the AFC South, unless, of course, Andrew Luck is kidnapped, the Jaguars are all collectively suspended for team-wide drug use, and JJ Watt gets hit by a bus...Then... maybe then.... they have a shot. :)

Please wait…

• johnd

Participant

The Titans defense will be much improved under Dick LeBeau and Ray Horton.  Mariota will prove to be the best QB of this class.  But I’m a Panthers fan now that I live in Matthews, NC.  Panthers will take the NFC South.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

tantrum.jpg"The Game is Won/Lost in the Trenches"is that anything like "war is won with hearts and minds"?I cannot help but laugh at you cats who are stipulating what you think are already facts.... before the first snap of the actual season.  you do know what the pre-season if for, right?  or is this what we can expect from the "I want instant gratification, millennials"?  If the process of putting together a team is not your thing.........perhaps tennis is.  I happen to dig on the art of it all.here's an idea...... how about if we address this casual fan drama at the half way point this season...after we've actually seen what our team is and is not capable of doing?  K? ...... K.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs #1 DE hasn’t taken a snap in preason.  Bucs #3 DE is on another roster right now and will join the team by week 1.  Bucs have very good depth at DT.Offensive line has Pamphille, Smith and Dotson all out with injury but most will be back early in the season.  Cherilus is still shaky but is showing signs of his better self.  Fragel, Masifilo, and Omameh are proving to be improving project players.Marpet though has to pick up his game as well as Mankins.  EDS is what he is.Offensive line is suffering from injuries and a lot of shuffling.  Defensive line needs Smith back and a third DE to the rotation.  Just have to be patient.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs mostly likely will have a top ten pick next year…a stud DE in the first, a stud OL in the 2nd, and some real beef at DT, +315lb, to play opposite side of GMac.The current bunch of DTs are too light and too weak to demand any double teams...You got to add couple more high draft picks on the DL...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs mostly likely will have a top ten pick next year...a stud DE in the first, a stud OL in the 2nd, and some real beef at DT, +315lb, to play opposite side of GMac.The current bunch of DTs are too light and too weak to demand any double teams...You got to add couple more high draft picks on the DL...

disagree on the draft order next year, but do agree on the top 2 picks.  the big DT isnt what our D calls for, and mcdonald and mcdaniel better than you give credit for.think there are a lot of DEs coming out next draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Titans defense will be much improved under Dick LeBeau and Ray Horton.  Mariota will prove to be the best QB of this class.  But I'm a Panthers fan now that I live in Matthews, NC.  Panthers will take the NFC South.

Oh so you're a bandwagon fan, that's cool....Take a lap.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Titans are in worst shape than the Buccaneers lol.At least the Bucs have talent at receiver and on defense. The Titans have Diddly and Squat. And Squat just had his groin operated on.They protected Mariota all pre-season because they knew they had little talent around him. Its going to be a long, ugly year for them - starting in Raymond James.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

tantrum.jpg"The Game is Won/Lost in the Trenches"is that anything like "war is won with hearts and minds"?I cannot help but laugh at you cats who are stipulating what you think are already facts.... before the first snap of the actual season.  you do know what the pre-season if for, right?  or is this what we can expect from the "I want instant gratification, millennials"?  If the process of putting together a team is not your thing.........perhaps tennis is.  I happen to dig on the art of it all.here's an idea...... how about if we address this casual fan drama at the half way point this season...after we've actually seen what our team is and is not capable of doing?  K? ...... K.

I happen to enjoy the process of building a team.  I just disagree with how we're doing it.  I agree that games are won or lost in the trenches and don't feel we have devoted enough resources there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I happen to enjoy the process of building a team.  I just disagree with how we're doing it.  I agree that games are won or lost in the trenches and don't feel we have devoted enough resources there.

in a year and a half we have given 2 big OL contracts out, traded for a former probowler, used 2 late round picks and 2 premium 2nd rounders on OL.  we have also given a very fair contract to a vet this preseason.how many more resources can be devoted?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs mostly likely will have a top ten pick next year...a stud DE in the first, a stud OL in the 2nd, and some real beef at DT, +315lb, to play opposite side of GMac.The current bunch of DTs are too light and too weak to demand any double teams...You got to add couple more high draft picks on the DL...

Pending our draft position, I'd really like us to trade back or somehow acquire more picks. I want to see nothing but OL and DL until the 5th or 6th round.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs are going to hit the waiver wire hard for OL and DL help.The fourth pre season game both lines looked ugly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey Java...How did you sneak back in?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

in a year and a half we have given 2 big OL contracts out, traded for a former probowler, used 2 late round picks and 2 premium 2nd rounders on OL.  we have also given a very fair contract to a vet this preseason.how many more resources can be devoted?

I view this very differently-By 2 big oline contracts I assume you mean Flubber from Cincy and Evan Smith.  With Flubber we actually went cheap.  There were a few proven OTs available (I liked Veldheer, but there were a couple others, too) that signed for roughly 1.5M more a year than we gambled on Flubber.  EDS makes about the same as Zuttah and is a neutral move at best.  Many would consider it a step back.The trade for the former probowler was a desperation move.  Mankins is well past his prime, makes a very premium salary, and the Pats were happy to let him go.The part about using 4 picks on oline in 2 years is great.  I love these moves.  We should draft 2 oline guys every year.  The problem is that these guys from the most recent draft were penciled in as starters the day they were drafted.  If they came in like beasts and took those spots great, but they are winning them by default because we have nobody else.The vet this preseason is another desperation move due to injury for a guy that was never great and is past his prime.I admit we have devoted resources there, just not enough.  For only 1.5M more we could have a solid LT.  Instead of going for a sexy position last year in rounds 2 and/or 3 we could have grabbed one or 2 of the really solid linemen that were there and they would be going into their second year.I stand that we haven't devoted enough resources to the lines.  Our moves have not been enough and have been more reactive than proactive.  That's without even getting into the other line.  I'm still peeved that we had to give up a pick for a free agent that wanted to come here because we gloryholed the contract.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where we screwed the pooch last year was taking Austin-Sefarian Jenkins in round 2, not so much Sims in Round 3. Sims I think will have a good year, assuming he stays healthy… Jenkins just doesn’t look like he’s ready to take an NFL career seriously…  We coud have gotten a quality O'lineman in round 2 or 3, but waited too long!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Marpet and Smith were not penciled in to start but they slowly out played the players in front of them.  I think the Bucs handled the OL situation a lot better this year than the last.  Still, could have swung the fences for a veteran OL in free agency for a dirt cheap bargain.

Please wait…

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.