The Great (Front Office) Divide?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    rmslpn
    Participant

there is absolutely NO way Bucs don’t come way with a QB in rd 1, no wayLovie would be over ruled by the owners if he even thought about trading down, and passing McCown or Glennon off as the future

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous
    Inactive

He’s at best a 5 technique DE. He clearly not a 43 DE. You never want to draft the last guy off the ball and that is home way, way too often.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    ljs2766
    Participant

Gullible.Any source feeding information to anyone in the media has an objective - it's called smokescreen people! It's that time of year. Remember?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

McCoy with Suh, Leonard Williams, new LBs, and a few new OL...

sounds like 3-0 to me

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

You have much higher expectations than I do then.  The Bucs road opponents next year are: Atlanta, Carolina, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Washington, Houston, Indianapolis, St. Louis.  They're legitimately worse than 7 (Washington), of those teams.The Bucs home opponents next year are: Atlanta, Carolina, New Orleans, Dallas, NY Giants, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Chicago.  They are legitimately worse than 6 (Jacksonville & Tennessee), of those teams.I'm thinking that Lovie is going to go with McCown for the first 5 weeks, where we go 0-5, then make the change to Glennon who goes 2-9 the rest of the way.  I certainly can see another 2 win team next year.  Which really isn't a bad thing.  If the Bucs do find a way to win 3 games, they'll still have a top 5 pick.  If they trade down to #6 (Jets), there's a chance they have 2 top 5 picks next year.

Oh boy, oh boy! So we tanked this year and are passing up arguably the 2nd best QB prospect in the last decade. Now we're going to tank next year as well! Nice...

LOL... that's where you're wrong.  They didn't tank anything.  They legitimately sucked that bad.  They aren't going to tank anything next year either, they're going to legitimately suck that bad.  Bad coaching + bad personnel decisions = bad play.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    install
    Participant

He's at best a 5 technique DE. He clearly not a 43 DE. You never want to draft the last guy off the ball and that is home way, way too often.

. Lol !  Lmao.    Williams is lightning quick off the ball , with great hands and power

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Totally believable that Lovie is in the draft DL or trade down camp. Its his MO.

How many first round picks has Lovie spent on defensive linemen?

Lovie's 1st round picks while in Chicago...2004 - Tommie Harris, DT  (just to note, they had Grossman, Quinn, Krenzel, and all start at least 3 games that year), and passed on JP Lossman... and failed to trade up 4 spots to take Roethlisberger.  Also, coming off a season where Kordell Stewart started 7 games, Chris Chandler started 6 games, and Grossman started 3.2005 - Cedric Benson, RB2006 - Danieal Manning, DB2007 - Greg Olsen, TE2008 - Chris Williams, T2009 - Jarron Gilbert, DT2010 - Major Wright, DB2011 - Gabe Carimi, OL

Major Wright was a 3rd rounder in 2010 although he was the Bears first pick that season. Danieal Manning was a 2nd rounder in 2006 although he was the Bears first pick that season.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

You have much higher expectations than I do then.  The Bucs road opponents next year are: Atlanta, Carolina, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Washington, Houston, Indianapolis, St. Louis.  They're legitimately worse than 7 (Washington), of those teams.The Bucs home opponents next year are: Atlanta, Carolina, New Orleans, Dallas, NY Giants, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Chicago.  They are legitimately worse than 6 (Jacksonville & Tennessee), of those teams.I'm thinking that Lovie is going to go with McCown for the first 5 weeks, where we go 0-5, then make the change to Glennon who goes 2-9 the rest of the way.  I certainly can see another 2 win team next year.  Which really isn't a bad thing.  If the Bucs do find a way to win 3 games, they'll still have a top 5 pick.  If they trade down to #6 (Jets), there's a chance they have 2 top 5 picks next year.

Well aren't we just a pillar of positivity! LOL and pass the razor blades.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

When I just asked about tension, I literally got the big LOL. Zero tension. So Florio is 0-2 this year on Bucs rumors.

Man I hope you're right.Obviously more inclined to believe you, MC, and Reynolds over Florio.EDIT:

@NFLSTROUD  19m19 minutes agoIf there is any divide on draft strategy between #Bucs coach Lovie Smith and GM Jason Licht, per reports, it's NEWS to each of them.

Although, to be fair, IF it were true, does anyone think they'd admit it publicly?

On the other hand, they'd be all too willing to admit there's a problem elsewhere. Come on.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

It wouldn't surprise me if there was some truth to this although doubtful it is from sources. I think speculation based on past actions. But remember the reason the Glazers asked Jon Gruden to take a permanent vacation. I think they understand how important a QB is. Had Glennon played lights on, or even .500 ball, then maybe, but I can't see the Bucs passing on a QB. You have to have a light at the end of the tunnel at QB. Right now it is pretty dark.I'm being lazy here and not looking it up, but of the playoff teams, how many had QBs that weren't drafted and developed by the playoff team? Manning is the only one I can think of. And Cardinals, although Palmer wasn't playing.

Exactly what I'm saying Mark. This isnt the early 2000's where defenses rule. Its an offensive eccentric league. The rules favor a QB and offenses in general. We have more slot WRs doing more things because they have no fear of going over the middle anymore. Players like Goldson and Barron are useless. I honestly dont know if Lynch would be as successful today, or guys like Dawkins.  It's a different NFL. You have to have a QB. What Wilson has done with the corps around him is quite miraculous. Minus that last throw he played a darn near perfect SB, AGAIN! Even that last throw was the right read, if that's V-Jax he never gets bodied out on the slant like that....It's time for us to change our franchise. When Josh Freeman is the passing TD leader, just infront of Vinny Testaverde (Who had nearly double the INTs as he had TDS) it's time to make a change....

No need to worry.  It's Mariota.  It always has been.  Now we need to figure out how to get Perryman.

you misspelled Kendricks lol#Pac12LoveDraft

Atta boy! Best conference in college football.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    moody8974
    Participant

It wouldn't surprise me if there was some truth to this although doubtful it is from sources. I think speculation based on past actions. But remember the reason the Glazers asked Jon Gruden to take a permanent vacation. I think they understand how important a QB is. Had Glennon played lights on, or even .500 ball, then maybe, but I can't see the Bucs passing on a QB. You have to have a light at the end of the tunnel at QB. Right now it is pretty dark.I'm being lazy here and not looking it up, but of the playoff teams, how many had QBs that weren't drafted and developed by the playoff team? Manning is the only one I can think of. And Cardinals, although Palmer wasn't playing.

Exactly what I'm saying Mark. This isnt the early 2000's where defenses rule. Its an offensive eccentric league. The rules favor a QB and offenses in general. We have more slot WRs doing more things because they have no fear of going over the middle anymore. Players like Goldson and Barron are useless. I honestly dont know if Lynch would be as successful today, or guys like Dawkins.  It's a different NFL. You have to have a QB. What Wilson has done with the corps around him is quite miraculous. Minus that last throw he played a darn near perfect SB, AGAIN! Even that last throw was the right read, if that's V-Jax he never gets bodied out on the slant like that....It's time for us to change our franchise. When Josh Freeman is the passing TD leader, just infront of Vinny Testaverde (Who had nearly double the INTs as he had TDS) it's time to make a change....

No need to worry.  It's Mariota.  It always has been.  Now we need to figure out how to get Perryman.

you misspelled Kendricks lol#Pac12LoveDraft

Atta boy! Best conference in college football.

Lolz... I really need to watch the VA game.  6'0 230 is kind of small.  And Perryman really stands out.  But, I can be convinced.  I'll watch more tape on Kendricks.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

You never want to draft the last guy off the ball and that is home way, way too often.

. Lol !  Lmao.    Williams is lightning quick off the ball ,

funny how people can see two opposite traits

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

You never want to draft the last guy off the ball and that is home way, way too often.

. Lol !  Lmao.    Williams is lightning quick off the ball ,

funny how people can see two opposite traits

Playing through that high ankle sprain, tho'...

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

This seems like click bait to me.Lovie threw the final game so he could trade down? That makes no sense.

Exactly

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Well aren't we just a pillar of positivity! LOL and pass the razor blades.

I certainly can be positive.  I am POSITIVE that this team will win 4* games or less this coming season.*subject to change if Lovie gets fired at any time between now and December 1st and/or pending the draft a free agency.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.