Viewing 45 reply threads

• Author

• CalicoJackLV

Participant

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2120770-predictions-for-the-nfls-hottest-training-camp-battles/page/8

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know it’s bizarre but I’m actually more intrigued by who’s going to win the back RB/G/Slot WR battles than the McCown/Glennon battle. I really do think either one of thse QBs will be alright for us this season, that may be a little optimistic of me but I think they’re both good enough to help us be competitive. I’m more interested in seeing if Herron can win the slot job and the battle between James/Rainey. I suppose that outside of Tampa the QB battle is probably more intriguing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I must have missed Lovie’s press conference where he said there even was going to be a QB battle in camp. Thought McCown was clearly named the starter a long time ago. RB should be interesting though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown is not the level of QB where you just name him the starter.  He’s as big a risk as any QB in the league. Tends to throw to the other team a lot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown is not the level of QB where you just name him the starter.  He's as big a risk as any QB in the league. Tends to throw to the other team a lot.

Neither is Glennon. Which is why we will have a competition during TC.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel should quit that weak #topszn stuff… #LovieSmoke is still kickin’ butt a couple months later.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown is not the level of QB where you just name him the starter.

http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/NFL-Network-Bucs-to-Start-McCown/3da15ec4-22cc-498c-9bc0-b7cd79a2f8ef

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Was that special solo press conference the same one they gave Anthony Collins? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/NFL-Network-Bucs-to-Start-McCown/3da15ec4-22cc-498c-9bc0-b7cd79a2f8ef

That video is from March.  He's as close to being our starter as Freeman is.  Nice try though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That video is from March.  He's as close to being our starter as Freeman is.  Nice try though.

Glennon is as close to being our starter as Freeman as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You would have a hard time making an argument to start McCown over Glennon at this point.  McCown is by default in more of a prove it mode than Glennon. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You would have a hard time making an argument to start McCown over Glennon at this point.  McCown is by default in more of a prove it mode than Glennon.

Not really. He was a better QB than Glennon last season. He outperformed Glennon in the OTA's. If he continues on this pace, he's the starter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown is by default in more of a prove it mode than Glennon.

Suuuuuuuure.....cause Glennon is already proven.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s a 35 year old journeyman whose never been a starter for any real stretch of time.  He didn’t outperform Glennon in OTA’s or at least there is nothing to truly indicate that.  The pre-season battle will be one to watch but I think after almost a full year of starting under his belt that he will be a much better QB in year 2 and already is a much better choice for starter than McCown.  I dont expect it to be much of a battle.  McCown has too many things going against him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He didn't outperform Glennon in OTA's or at least there is nothing to truly indicate that. 

Who told you that?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown is by default in more of a prove it mode than Glennon.

Suuuuuuuure.....cause Glennon is already proven.

Glennon, that tired old vet - he has no chance.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's a 35 year old journeyman whose never been a starter for any real stretch of time.  He didn't outperform Glennon in OTA's or at least there is nothing to truly indicate that.  The pre-season battle will be one to watch but I think after almost a full year of starting under his belt that he will be a much better QB in year 2 and already is a much better choice for starter than McCown.  I dont expect it to be much of a battle.  McCown has too many things going against him.

He did outperform Glennon in the OTA's and there's plenty of sources to back that up. I know they're not your "inside sources", but they're ones that actually exist and report. Does  McCown have question marks? Of course he does. Does Glennon have question marks? Definitely. That's why they'll battle it out in camp. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He didn't outperform Glennon in OTA's or at least there is nothing to truly indicate that. 

Who told you that?

Anyone that truly watched OTA's and wasn't looking for some "new crush" to hang their hopes on.  It's apparent that the difference in the play is that Glennon sees more of the playbook in his play and understands more of what Tedford wants. Unless Glennon gets injured he's going to be our starter.  It's not a personal slight on you.  Just the story that those that dont like Glennon will gloss over in hopes that McCown or someone else will be the QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's a 35 year old journeyman whose never been a starter for any real stretch of time.  He didn't outperform Glennon in OTA's or at least there is nothing to truly indicate that.  The pre-season battle will be one to watch but I think after almost a full year of starting under his belt that he will be a much better QB in year 2 and already is a much better choice for starter than McCown.  I dont expect it to be much of a battle.  McCown has too many things going against him.

He did outperform Glennon in the OTA's and there's plenty of sources to back that up. I know they're not your "inside sources", but they're ones that actually exist and report. Does  McCown have question marks? Of course he does. Does Glennon have question marks? Definitely. That's why they'll battle it out in camp. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

It's not hard to understand at all.  They will battle but I dont expect it to be close. There is much more upside to Glennon and when you compare him to a QB that sans last year has had a ton more pics than TDS and even had odd jobs intermittent in NFL career.  McCown is not a great option to compete if you dont want Glennon to win the job.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who told you that?

Anyone that truly watched OTA's and wasn't looking for some "new crush" to hang their hopes on.  It's apparent that the difference in the play is that Glennon sees more of the playbook in his play and understands more of what Tedford wants. Unless Glennon gets injured he's going to be our starter.  It's not a personal slight on you.  Just the story that those that dont like Glennon will gloss over in hopes that McCown or someone else will be the QB.

Are you attempting to discount those that are actually participating in said practices?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who told you that?

So, you were there watching the OTA's?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who told you that?

Are you attempting to discount those that are actually participating in said practices?

I'll I'm saying is there will be a battle in pre-season, and Glennon doesn't seem to think it's going to be that difficult.  The last day of OTA's Glennon was like 11-12 and looked like he designed the playbook himself.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's not hard to understand at all.  They will battle but I dont expect it to be close. There is much more upside to Glennon and when you compare him to a QB that sans last year has had a ton more pics than TDS and even had odd jobs intermittent in NFL career.  McCown is not a great option to compete if you dont want Glennon to win the job.

That's my point. They will battle. I expect it to be close. But, when you really sum it up; we are talking about 2 very average QB's.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There’s a segment of McCown throwing in this video…http://www.nfl.com/videos/tampa-bay-buccaneers/0ap2000000363452/Who-will-win-the-NFC-South...it doesn't look sharp.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'll I'm saying is there will be a battle in pre-season, and Glennon doesn't seem to think it's going to be that difficult.  The last day of OTA's Glennon was like 11-12 and looked like he designed the playbook himself.

Let's see now...... you've gone from crediting inside sources..... to not having sources but gathering info from national media.....and Vegas.... to just using common sense.....and now getting info from Glennon himself. Good Lord man, it's becoming damn near impossible to keep up.For the record, i've thought your last name was Glennon all along!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There's a segment of McCown throwing in this video...http://www.nfl.com/videos/tampa-bay-buccaneers/0ap2000000363452/Who-will-win-the-NFC-South...it doesn't look sharp.

Yeah. He throws 3 passes. And completes 3 passes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Louis Murphy looked good, tho’…

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

This place needs a 'Bass and his Groupies' forum.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let's see now...... you've gone from crediting inside sources..... to not having sources but gathering info from national media.....and Vegas.... to just using common sense.....and now getting info from Glennon himself. Good Lord man, it's becoming damn near impossible to keep up.For the record, i've thought your last name was Glennon all along!!

I've never credited inside sources.  I research Vegas a ton, this is true. Common sense, something seldom seen on this board as it relates to our QB spot.  If you had any, you would know that Glennon isn't thinking backup for one minute.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

From the article:

PredictionJosh McCown ekes by as the Week 1 starter after lackluster preseasons from both quarterbacks.

If that's the case (which I doubt), the contract situation kicks in, IMO.  Josh serves as a mentor for his one year, and the $5M for next year comes off the books.  Glennon has 3 cheap years left on his rookie deal, so he'll need to show or go.  The worse thing they could do IMO, is go into next off-season with unanswered questions at QB...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I've never credited inside sources.  I research Vegas a ton, this is true. Common sense, something seldom seen on this board as it relates to our QB spot.  If you had any, you would know that Glennon isn't thinking backup for one minute.

Sorry QB whisperer, but do you think McCown is thinking backup?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Considering McCown was talking about retiring after 2013, $5M for a year of clipboarding wouldn’t be bad…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Considering McCown was talking about retiring after 2013, $5M for a year of clipboarding wouldn't be bad...

So, you're saying he came here with a backup role in mind. Ok.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Considering McCown was talking about retiring after 2013, $5M for a year of clipboarding wouldn't be bad...

No, you're saying I'm saying that.http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000342522/article/buccaneers-josh-mccown-ready-to-mentor-young-qbs

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He came in to compete. Plain and simple. He’s had the upper hand through OTA’s. Hopefully, he continues to trend this way. Or, maybe Glennon rises to the challenge.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My favorite part of that article is that Glennon seems to be an after thought in the building……………………or he’s going to be the starter in September. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Or, he sits for a season and is groomed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, you're saying I'm saying that.http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000342522/article/buccaneers-josh-mccown-ready-to-mentor-young-qbs

It's just easier to say it will be an open battle, that mccown should win.Like it or not 10, he's lovie's guy.I mean, just look at what happened with schiano, freeman, and glennon. Schiano got rid of freeman asap for his guy. We (most of us) saw it coming, with or without the bad play.When a coach brings in "his guy" anyone else is normally screwed. At least, until that guy screws up.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

That's hogwash. No one was responsible for Freeman crapping the bed but Freeman.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown is 56 years old and throws pics. He’s nobody’s “guy” when he was there with Lovie he sucked. He’s insurance and leadership, there’s almost no way he starts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yet, he outperformed Glennon last season and last month. Weird.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown is 56 years old and throws pics. He's nobody's "guy" when he was there with Lovie he sucked. He's insurance and leadership, there's almost no way he starts.

at $5 mil/year, he's Licht's guy!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Starting QBs in the NFL who make $5M/year aren’t usually 35 years old… and Licht will want that $5M for next year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000362123/article/buccaneers-casillas-josh-mccown-on-another-level

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hear he’s 6’4″…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000362123/article/buccaneers-casillas-josh-mccown-on-another-level

Casillas didn't really make me believe McCown is light years ahead. Seemed like he said similar things every teams says about a qb. "First one in, Last to leave" Didn't we hear that same crap about Freeman? Look where that got us.I believe McCown starts, but even that story talked about Glennon opening eyes at offseason practices. So I'm not sure this gap is as wide as some believe.

Please wait…

Viewing 45 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.