Viewing 15 reply threads

• Author

• BIZKITLIMPED

Participant

If this is the case, we’re going to need a gunslinger at qb who isn’t afraid to force some balls in tight windows and has a high completion percentage of short and intermediate throws (slants bubble screens, hooks and crossing routes and the occasional deep ball to keep everything honest) I’m not so sure that the pieces we’ve added today are gonna get the job done. I wasn’t really sold on Evans, had no idea who ASJ was except for the few people on here who were all over him. Which now bring me to Charles Sims(who?) And did Lovie REALLY compare him to Matt Forte? Ughh. Weekend ruined.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He IS like Forte, and McCown CAN sling it. Listen to the camp report Cook did at WTBB the other day. If true, we’ll be fine.

Please wait…

• shanesnyder

Participant

If this is the case, we're going to need a gunslinger at qb who isn't afraid to force some balls in tight windows and has a high completion percentage of short and intermediate throws (slants bubble screens, hooks and crossing routes and the occasional deep ball to keep everything honest) I'm not so sure that the pieces we've added today are gonna get the job done. I wasn't really sold on Evans, had no idea who ASJ was except for the few people on here who were all over him. Which now bring me to Charles Sims(who?) And did Lovie REALLY compare him to Matt Forte? Ughh. Weekend ruined.

ASJ is going to be the next big thing at TE. We are lucky.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anybody can look good throwing in shorts…the offense was together a month in advance on their own practicing…there’s a reason why they were ahead of the d and looked good…use your head

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

From camp reports, our offensive skill players are fine. And we just seriously upgraded them in the draft. As a PLUS, all 3 are good blockers too…    In Glennon's first game, we actually ran some quick-tempo stuff, and Glennon looked very sharp. I've no doubt McCown can run it too. As long as the players are into the playbook and on their assignments, no problemo...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown is going to be a very, very solid quarterback for us and Glennon will only improve behind him.  Glennon was always good with quick decision making and short to intermediate accuracy. I think this is shaping up just beautifully.  Put it this way…if you were the rest of the teams in our division and you’ve heard about what this offense might be and then you see them draft these three guys along with the OLine changes in free agency (think our OLine has been HUGELY overrated for years) you have to be concerned.  We just might be a potent offense.  We have plenty of talent on defense and Lovie/Leslie should turn that around quickly.  This is looking great guys.  Be patient with it, but this could look really really good in a hurry.  Exciting time to be a Bucs fan!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Which now bring me to Charles Sims(who?) And did Lovie REALLY compare him to Matt Forte? Ughh. Weekend ruined.

Sims has been compared to Forte at least since the Senior Bowl by a lot of the draftniks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Forte was a 3rd round pick as well IIRC. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Makings of a dead offense

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Probably.  Not a fan of the Tedford hire and Lovie is clueless on offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Serious question. You wanted manziel, evans, or neither.The reason I ask this, is because I was all for drafting manziel, yet we even skipped him for evans.Being a person that has watched nearly everything texas last year (and a lot more after), I can honestly say that we can expect graham_like production from him.Evans is a "david" killer.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think we are going to see a lot more 4 and 5 WR sets and bubble screens than we ever have. We have a great combination of size and speed with our pass catchers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Big bunch of slow guys on the outside. Drafted a big 2 tool TE and another RB. Says far from a spread with speed in space we are gonna be a pack it in and pound it high variance passing team. Truthfully what we drafted looks like Rutgers never left the building…or his offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They got targets in the passing game that were sorely missing… at the very least.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not actually sure how Lovie comparing Sims to Forte is a bad thing haha we could do a lot worse. Having said that, I wanted a G like everyone else here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Because forte is a beast…and this kid looks nothing like forte lol…

Please wait…

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.