Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 54 reply threads

• Author

• Reverend fabio

Participant

I can bet you right now …just give it how many weeks before they start proclaiming him a bust. I mean its already happening with a few preseason games.Its as if winston is not allowed to lose a game or have bad stats....article upon articles will come out...even when the offensive line plays bad ...it will be winston's fault no matter whatJust look at a few after last night's gamehttp://bleacherreport.com/articles/2557797-jameis-winstons-inconsistent-play-a-concern-heading-into-regular-season?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And so is the life of the 1st overall draft pick….and the homers that won’t let him take blame for mistakes and bad performances….even when it’s not the o-lines fault, ho-hum

Please wait…

• sunjem2626

Participant

http://www.bucsnation.com/2015/8/30/9227811/winston-had-the-worst-pre-season-for-top-pick-qb-in-last-15-years

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.bucsnation.com/2015/8/30/9227811/winston-had-the-worst-pre-season-for-top-pick-qb-in-last-15-years

TMZ, NY Times...this article is the underbelly of America!!!He's the best pro-ready QB to come along in 50 years!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What is so odd is how every single fan has been so tolerant and patient towards other players and willing to give each a fair shot.  It took almost two seasons before people started to admit that Glennon wasn’t the savior.  Why can’t Winston get the same patience and respect that Glennon did?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

or tebow.  tebow never had to deal with this.

Please wait…

• mike25315

Participant

or tebow.  tebow never had to deal with this.

Must be something different about Winston that causes these reactions.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

I’d be more concerned if it were actually real journalists and not just the web crowd. I haven’t seen NFL Network or any mainstream reporters getting too harsh.NFL Network has actually had some favorable comments.I'll be more concerned when ir hits the real news.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

TMZ, NY Times...this article is the underbelly of America!!!He's the best pro-ready QB to come along in 50 years!!!

/Agree

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And so is the life of the 1st overall draft pick....and the homers that won't let him take blame for mistakes and bad performances....even when it's not the o-lines fault, ho-hum

But apparentally not if your the third overall pick. Bortles had the worst QBR in the league last year but nobody seemed to care. I always bring that up because glennon in his rookie season played way better with a worse situation yet he was "clearly nothing more then a backup" yet bortles was terrible but it was because he's a rookie.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And so is the life of the 1st overall draft pick....and the homers that won't let him take blame for mistakes and bad performances....even when it's not the o-lines fault, ho-hum

Yep; goes with the high-altitude territory of all #1-in-the-draft picks.    A stroll down memory lane; Andrew Luck went for 309 yards in his NFL debut against....... Lovie's Monsters of the Midway... He was sacked 3 times, had 3 INTs, and was hampered by an anemic run game (63 yards)... The Recap article was less that 'patient' with Luck... http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012090900/2012/REG1/colts@bears#menu=gameinfo&tab=analyze&analyze=boxscore

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winstonites already complaining about the media and we aren’t even into the real season yet. I want him to succeed like a Buc Fan should but when a rookie plays like $hit in 2 out of 3 preseason games, and the guy taken after him is looking much better, what do you expect bloggers to say?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What an absolutely pathetic article!  What kind of moron would do that kind of research on pre season games? Great example of why credible journalism and research is so rare today for some of these hacks when it comes to sports.  Obviously, statistical relevance is not the authors forte.  Still cracks me up that someone would actually go to such lengths to criticize Winston? Obviously, must be related to the "Cleat-chasing Gold digger". lolThere are still some incredibly bitter people grousing over Winston being the Bucs quarterback.  Their tears and angst will always put a smile on my face.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey now, the numbers are the numbers. I didn't make them up, just put them out there for all to see. And at no point in the article did I say Jameis isn't the second coming. In fact, I gave examples of other super bowl winning qbs who struggled their first pre-season.I still believe he's going to be a great QB. His struggles in the Pre-Season haven't changed that.But he's had a (censored)ty pre-season and no amount of hugging your Jameis doll and saying over and over "He's the best pro-ready QB to come along in 50 years!!!" is going to change that.

What an absolutely pathetic article!  What kind of moron would do that kind of research on pre season games? Great example of why credible journalism and research is so rare today for some of these hacks when it comes to sports.  Obviously, statistical relevance is not the authors forte.  Still cracks me up that someone would actually go to such lengths to criticize Winston? Obviously, must be related to the "Cleat-chasing Gold digger". lolThere are still some incredibly bitter people grousing over Winston being the Bucs quarterback.  Their tears and angst will always put a smile on my face.

Now this just made you look like an idiot Runole. Sorry.

Please wait…

• ZMan08151992

Winstonites already complaining about the media and we aren't even into the real season yet. I want him to succeed like a Buc Fan should but when a rookie plays like $hit in 2 out of 3 preseason games, and the guy taken after him is looking much better, what do you expect bloggers to say?

That he is a rookie......that have major offensive line problems....

Please wait…

• ZMan08151992

Exactly hahahahah.....this is just preseason and they have already bringing up stats for preseason.....can you imagine the regular season....funny enough aaron rodgers and eli manning had horrible rookie preseason in those stats....which ironically made it meaningless

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pre Draft talk around here, you would think we were drafting a plug and play QB on the cusp of greatness. He was miles ahead of the other guy supposedly. The other guy didn’t even have “fire” and was quiet like that Teddy Bridgewater guy. I just have high expectations based on that now.I just want my expectations met. Don't worry... I'll wait

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What is so odd is how every single fan has been so tolerant and patient towards other players and willing to give each a fair shot.  It took almost two seasons before people started to admit that Glennon wasn't the savior.  Why can't Winston get the same patience and respect that Glennon did?

Freddy,Some of the fan discontent might be a "slap in the face to the media" who rammed Winston down everyone's throats for months.There was virtually no room for any questioning by the fans.  Any questions were "beat back by the media" including on these boards. Some even mentioned they never saw such hatred on these boards. To even mention Mariota in any positive light was heresy!!! Winston never got a fair shot. He was put on a pedestal 8 months ago and the media "dared" anyone to criticize him. Any mistakes were/are not to be blamed on Winston, but rather on someone or something else.An example. On PR, (and I have been here for years) I don't ever remember daily story lines only about our our QB in training camp and the article named after the QB  i.e.  The Winston Report. That didn't go down well with some.There was so much hype, one could almost predict the end result would be less than what was presented before Winston ever got in a game. The few negatives that did somehow slip thru are now showing to have been previously self evident.Bottom line, the local media brought this about and their attempt to "brainwash"  the fans has now showed to have failed and this could very well now be the resulting backlash, JMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey now, the numbers are the numbers. I didn't make them up, just put them out there for all to see. And at no point in the article did I say Jameis isn't the second coming. In fact, I gave examples of other super bowl winning qbs who struggled their first pre-season.I still believe he's going to be a great QB. His struggles in the Pre-Season haven't changed that.But he's had a (censored)ty pre-season and no amount of hugging your Jameis doll and saying over and over "He's the best pro-ready QB to come along in 50 years!!!" is going to change that.

We usually agree on most things but such an article was dumb and statistically irrelevant. Pre Season games have little to no value statistically.  1.  Rookie QB's are brought along at different rates depending on who the starting QB is and their presence at the beginning or end of games destroys the whole research.2. This weekend Winston and most starters won't even play.  Why not include that in the data collected? 3. When the real data comes in on real games it will actually have relevance.  There are so many different approaches teams take on how they play these meaningless practice games.Some are just looking for a few roster spots to fill. Some are desperately trying to placate unhappy fan bases with wins, Others are working on new schemes and coaching staffs. Do you see the statistical irrelevancy of such things?  How many of those players even played a full pre season game? Sorry but the research was blarney and of little or no value. IMO

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pre Draft talk around here, you would think we were drafting a plug and play QB on the cusp of greatness. He was miles ahead of the other guy supposedly. The other guy didn't even have "fire" and was quiet like that Teddy Bridgewater guy. I just have high expectations based on that now.I just want my expectations met. Don't worry... I'll wait

I get what you are doing, but is that the kind of fan you want to represent yourself as?  That has his opinion formed by others on a free and open fan forum and sets expectations based on them? Seems like a weak minded and simple way to present yourself, but again I get that you are really just trolling the people who like Jameis with your post.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can bet you right now ...just give it how many weeks before they start proclaiming him a bust. I mean its already happening with a few preseason games.Its as if winston is not allowed to lose a game or have bad stats....article upon articles will come out...even when the offensive line plays bad ...it will be winston's fault no matter whatJust look at a few after last night's gamehttp://bleacherreport.com/articles/2557797-jameis-winstons-inconsistent-play-a-concern-heading-into-regular-season?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

I get what you are saying and think there is some truth to the media regarding Winston, but we kinda knew that was part of it when we drafted him. I don't really have a problem with the article though. He had a bad game, he's the QB and is going to take a lot of the blame no matter what.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

heres how i see it, and nothing has changed.  jameis has been okay, not great.  he has played like a rookie.  he has made a couple of great throws.  he has looked more elusive and quick than advertised.  but he has also made some bad decisions.  he has made some bad throws.  i havent seen all the browns game yet, but the few plays i did see he had plenty of time.  even on the pick, he had plenty of time to throw it away, or at least throw it outside for the reciever.its okay to say he hasnt played well.  it doesnt mean we dont like him.  it doesnt mean the world is gonna end.  it doesnt have anything to do with off the field.  its just being honest.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What is so odd is how every single fan has been so tolerant and patient towards other players and willing to give each a fair shot.  It took almost two seasons before people started to admit that Glennon wasn't the savior.  Why can't Winston get the same patience and respect that Glennon did?

Freddy,Some of the fan discontent might be a "slap in the face to the media" who rammed Winston down everyone's throats for months.There was virtually no room for any questioning by the fans.  Any questions were "beat back by the media" including on these boards. Some even mentioned they never saw such hatred on these boards. To even mention Mariota in any positive light was heresy!!! Winston never got a fair shot. He was put on a pedestal 8 months ago and the media "dared" anyone to criticize him. Any mistakes were/are not to be blamed on Winston, but rather on someone or something else.An example. On PR, (and I have been here for years) I don't ever remember daily story lines only about our our QB in training camp and the article named after the QB  i.e.  The Winston Report. That didn't go down well with some.There was so much hype, one could almost predict the end result would be less than what was presented before Winston ever got in a game. The few negatives that did somehow slip thru are now showing to have been previously self evident.Bottom line, the local media brought this about and their attempt to "brainwash"  the fans has now showed to have failed and this could very well now be the resulting backlash, JMO.

Maybe because this was the first Bucs QB taken No. 1 overall since 1987? Trust me, if I weren't a pimply high school kid in 1987 and has any clue that the internet would be invented, there would have been a Vinny Report. Just because you have no interest in reading it, doesn't mean others didn't. It regularly quadrupled the reads of every other article during camp except for the Fabs. So someone was reading it. Or Runole was clicking the link several thousand times a day.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

disagree 100% with your opinion which usually is not the case. The media did not ram Winston down the throats of anyone! It was just the opposite!  Winston was ridiculed and chastised even as he was drafted number one.  Heck even Draft Gurus like Mayock stated they would never draft Winston. Sorry but your observations towards the media and Winston are not accurate.Yes, there were fans on this board that were Winston advocates, but there were just as many Mariota advocates as shown by a pinned post on both players.The media played "NICE GUY" versus "Demon Spawn" as soon as both players opted for the draft. Can't believe you didn't observe this?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pre Draft talk around here, you would think we were drafting a plug and play QB on the cusp of greatness. He was miles ahead of the other guy supposedly. The other guy didn't even have "fire" and was quiet like that Teddy Bridgewater guy. I just have high expectations based on that now.I just want my expectations met. Don't worry... I'll wait

I get what you are doing, but is that the kind of fan you want to represent yourself as?  That has his opinion formed by others on a free and open fan forum and sets expectations based on them? Seems like a weak minded and simple way to present yourself, but again I get that you are really just trolling the people who like Jameis with your post.

Liked both QBs, wanted the other guy more because I believe in him more but I'm cool with the pick. I'll be happy to have A quarterback. Like Uncle stan said this maybe the other side of getting beat over the head with the greatness of Winston all offseason.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Still don’t get the OP.  If he plays well, it’ll be noted.  If he plays poorly, it’ll be noted.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Many here are still in recovery mode from the Josh Freeman Experience, so not surprising so many here are still uptight and high-strung over the slightest downturn in QB play in Tampa Bay, no matter if it counts or not…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe because this was the first Bucs QB taken No. 1 overall since 1987? Trust me, if I weren't a pimply high school kid in 1987 and has any clue that the internet would be invented, there would have been a Vinny Report. Just because you have no interest in reading it, doesn't mean others didn't. It regularly quadrupled the reads of every other article during camp except for the Fabs. So someone was reading it. Or Runole was clicking the link several thousand times a day.

1000 times a day? lol  Sorry Mark your opinion is not that important to me...  ;) I don't think PR was any different than in any other year.  You listened and paid attention on who was going to make the decision on the first pick and reported it. That those that didn't like those observations were upset by them was their problem not PR's.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Still don't get the OP.  If he plays well, it'll be noted.  If he plays poorly, it'll be noted.

Yup

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Liked both QBs, wanted the other guy more because I believe in him more but I'm cool with the pick. Like Uncle stan said this maybe some of the backlash from getting beat over the head with the greatness of Winston all offseason.

Beaten over the head?  translated.....  "there were fans on this board that disagreed with your opinion."   There were also plenty that agreed with your opinion and most that did made it into a character assassination against Winston.  I seldom if ever commented on Mariota.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We usually agree on most things but such an article was dumb and statistically irrelevant. Pre Season games have little to no value statistically.  1.  Rookie QB's are brought along at different rates depending on who the starting QB is and their presence at the beginning or end of games destroys the whole research.2. This weekend Winston and most starters won't even play.  Why not include that in the data collected? 3. When the real data comes in on real games it will actually have relevance.  There are so many different approaches teams take on how they play these meaningless practice games.Some are just looking for a few roster spots to fill. Some are desperately trying to placate unhappy fan bases with wins, Others are working on new schemes and coaching staffs. Do you see the statistical irrelevancy of such things?  How many of those players even played a full pre season game? Sorry but the research was blarney and of little or no value. IMO

Well, I'm sorry you got no value out of it but I'm sure there's some folks out there wondering how Winston stacked up.1. is certainly true, but that's why I included the last 15 years as a data point. I'd understand if I'd only sliced out a small piece - but I included a decade and a half of data. Just because Winston faired poorly against history doesn't make it irrelevant.2. And that's the case for most of the people on this list. So push there.3. Well, no kidding. This wasn't a hit piece on Winston. It's what the numbers say he did. I clearly stated in the article that other Super Bowl winning quarterbacks had similar struggles in their rookie pre-season campaigns and guys who were lights out amazing like EJ Manuel or Brady Quinn fell into obscurity.Its not like I sat there and said, look, Tebow's QBR and completion percentage were better than Winston's...so obviously Tebow > than Winston.Hell, I even mentioned that Mariota had a very small sample size compared to Winston.I don't know, I presented the numbers as they are and added some context to them that I thought was pretty fair to him.You're treating it like I'm calling him a bust...which I most certainly did not.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Got a feeling the “Winston Report” is here to stay, even if Pewter Report discontinues it due to future poor play/benching/traded/released.   

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston regressed in game 3…the nut huggers need to deal with it. For the most part, Buc fans want Jaboo to succeed! There are FSU fans that don't give two shits about the Bucs, only their boy and frankly they can bound sand. I am worried about my favorite franchise and that franchise has hitched wagon onto the Jaboo train...it had better pan because the entire franchise is on his shoulders.The Winstonites better get used to him being criticized...it comes with the being the first pick in the draft, it's not a personal attack on him. Even the Winstonites have to acknowledge how poor of a decision it was to go out of bounds a yard short of the first down...Glennon got ROASTED last year for a very similar play.We are just going to have to come to terms with the fact that our team is led by a rookie QB that is going to cause us to have some very frustrating performances. It is going to be an up and down year...Deal with it and quit blaming everybody else. It's not the Internet's fault or the media's fault...it is our TEAM's fault...they put that performance on tape!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

JFT, you nor anyone else EVER owes RunTRolL anything.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Still don't get the OP.  If he plays well, it'll be noted.  If he plays poorly, it'll be noted.

^^^^^ This.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston regressed in game 3...the nut huggers need to deal with it. For the most part, Buc fans want Jaboo to succeed! There are FSU fans that don't give two (censored)s about the Bucs, only their boy and frankly they can bound sand. I am worried about my favorite franchise and that franchise has hitched wagon onto the Jaboo train...it had better pan because the entire franchise is on his shoulders.The Winstonites better get used to him being criticized...it comes with the being the first pick in the draft, it's not a personal attack on him. Even the Winstonites have to acknowledge how poor of a decision it was to go out of bounds a yard short of the first down...Glennon got ROASTED last year for a very similar play.We are just going to have to come to terms with the fact that our team is led by a rookie QB that is going to cause us to have some very frustrating performances. It is going to be an up and down year...Deal with it and quit blaming everybody else. It's not the Internet's fault or the media's fault...it is our TEAM's fault...they put that performance on tape!!

Couple of thoughts. Shouldn't ALL Buccaneer fans be "Winstonites" as he is our starting QB and the first pick in the draft? It WILL be an up and down year as it almost always is for rookie QB's. As for Winston running out of bounds with ankle less than 100% in a preseason game? I have NO problem with that. Did you respect McCown for taking that hit from Kwon Saturday night. I thought it was a stupid display made with little thought to his own health and more importantly the health of his team going forward.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston regressed in game 3...the nut huggers need to deal with it. For the most part, Buc fans want Jaboo to succeed! There are FSU fans that don't give two (censored)s about the Bucs, only their boy and frankly they can bound sand. I am worried about my favorite franchise and that franchise has hitched wagon onto the Jaboo train...it had better pan because the entire franchise is on his shoulders.The Winstonites better get used to him being criticized...it comes with the being the first pick in the draft, it's not a personal attack on him. Even the Winstonites have to acknowledge how poor of a decision it was to go out of bounds a yard short of the first down...Glennon got ROASTED last year for a very similar play.We are just going to have to come to terms with the fact that our team is led by a rookie QB that is going to cause us to have some very frustrating performances. It is going to be an up and down year...Deal with it and quit blaming everybody else. It's not the Internet's fault or the media's fault...it is our TEAM's fault...they put that performance on tape!!

Couple of thoughts. Shouldn't ALL Buccaneer fans be "Winstonites" as he is our starting QB and the first pick in the draft? It WILL be an up and down year as it almost always is for rookie QB's. As for Winston running out of bounds with ankle less than 100% in a preseason game? I have NO problem with that. Did you respect McCown for taking that hit from Kwon Saturday night. I thought it was a stupid display made with little thought to his own health and more importantly the health of his team going forward.

His ankle had nothing with it. He was in no danger of getting hit or needed to dive for the marker. He just pulled a Glennon. Plain and simple.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Quick question?  Were you both a Glennon-ite and Schiano-ite? Are you now an EDS-ite and Warhop-ite?  You do understand that people can be fans and not like players or coaches? Doesn't make them less of a fan. Me? I'm a Buccaneer fan, not a Winston or David or McCoy fan.  Now I also happen to also like those players, but if any of them left the Bucs and joined another team, sorry, I'm no longer a fan of them.  And I probably wouldn't be a fan of the coaches or GM who let them get away either.  But I would still be a Buccaneers fan.More to the OP, I have said it many times and still stand by it.  We won't know, either way, how Winston will turn out until the end of two season, at the soonest. Until then there will be up's and downs.  Winston deserves all the credit he gets but also all of the blame.  The only thing that matters at the end of the day is wins and how many do the Bucs have.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

His ankle had nothing with it. He was in no danger of getting hit or needed to dive for the marker. He just pulled a Glennon. Plain and simple.

Uh oh, pulling up short, throwing an int because he didn't handle the blitz right.... the "-ites" blaming the oline for the issues..... Here we go again :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There was a defender closing in as I recall and it WAS a preseason game. I'm not going to go ballistic over something so unimportant. As for Mike Glennon. I like him as our back up, plain and simple.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I won’t crush Winston too much this season unless he goes Josh McCown on this team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I won't crush Winston too much this season unless he goes Josh McCown on this team.

Hopefully opposing defenses follow your lead :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Quick question?  Were you both a Glennon-ite and Schiano-ite? Are you now an EDS-ite and Warhop-ite?  You do understand that people can be fans and not like players or coaches? Doesn't make them less of a fan. Me? I'm a Buccaneer fan, not a Winston or David or McCoy fan.  Now I also happen to also like those players, but if any of them left the Bucs and joined another team, sorry, I'm no longer a fan of them.  And I probably wouldn't be a fan of the coaches or GM who let them get away either.  But I would still be a Buccaneers fan.More to the OP, I have said it many times and still stand by it.  We won't know, either way, how Winston will turn out until the end of two season, at the soonest. Until then there will be up's and downs.  Winston deserves all the credit he gets but also all of the blame.  The only thing that matters at the end of the day is wins and how many do the Bucs have.

I too am a Buccaneers fan. Should be obvious. But yes, I DID support Coach Schiano's efforts when he was our HC. I think Mike Glennon is a decent QB too and that the Buccaneers are fortunate to have him on the team today. Yes, I support Jameis Winston and agree it's going to take some time. But does he deserve ALL of the cerdit and ALL of the blame as far as wins and losses go? I don't think so. Football is still the ultimate team sport IMO though there is no doubt that QB is the most important position. But yeah, it's a process and one I'm willing to see through as a fan. A fan smart enough to realize we have a young team including a rookie QB. No matter how talented and smart (Jameis is both IMO) he is still a rookie. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I too am a Buccaneers fan. Should be obvious. But yes, I DID support Coach Schiano's efforts when he was our HC. I think Mike Glennon is a decent QB too and that the Buccaneers are fortunate to have him on the team today. Yes, I support Jameis Winston and agree it's going to take some time. But does he deserve ALL of the cerdit and ALL of the blame as far as wins and losses go? I don't think so. Football is still the ultimate team sport IMO though there is no doubt that QB is the most important position. But yeah, it's a process and one I'm willing to see through as a fan. A fan smart enough to realize we have a young team including a rookie QB. No matter how talented and smart (Jameis is both IMO) he is still a rookie.

You are correct in some of your statements, but your war against anyone not pulling the party line is silly.  We true fans are still allowed to have our own opinions.  I can, and yes I very much am, be a true fan and still say that Winston played like crap last Saturday.  Just like I gave him props for playing well on Monday night. Sadly, you, like a few others, are getting trolled by a small handful then trying to paint anyone with a dissenting comment as "not a real fan". There really are not that many posters (maybe 2 or 3) that should be classified as Winston haters or Winston trolls. I remember during Freemans rookie year when I posted some of my observations of him and what he was doing while JJ was the starter.  I was lambasted then for not being a real fan, not having a clue and basically being a Freeman hater.  How did that turn out?  Not comparing the two, just stating, it's quite OK to state the obvious; he is a rookie, the O-line sucks, Winston played poorly.  These boards would settle down quite a bit if so many posters would just recognize the trolls for what they are and stopped falling for their tricks.  Then you would realize, there really are a lot more "real fans" on this forum then you currently think.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, BUC fans don't have to be "Wintonites"...they place the name on the back of the jersey before the name on the front of the jersey. Do I want him to succeed? Of course, his success helps the franchise. I don't care what McCown does...he is Brown.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i got no problem with it, yet.  i think folks watching the game on tv forget how difficult it is to know exactly where the marker is every play, especially in the middle of the field (glennon).  i would have liked winston to extend the ball forward as he was going out of bounds.  (heck, he might have and i just didnt catch it with the angle).  aside from that, i was more impressed by his elusiveness getting out of the pocket.  i expected the DL to pull him down for a sack or no gain.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

disagree 100% with your opinion which usually is not the case. The media did not ram Winston down the throats of anyone! It was just the opposite!  Winston was ridiculed and chastised even as he was drafted number one.  Heck even Draft Gurus like Mayock stated they would never draft Winston. Sorry but your observations towards the media and Winston are not accurate.Yes, there were fans on this board that were Winston advocates, but there were just as many Mariota advocates as shown by a pinned post on both players.The media played "NICE GUY" versus "Demon Spawn" as soon as both players opted for the draft. Can't believe you didn't observe this?

This is patently false.  You made it very well known that Winston was at the top of everyone's draft board several times a day.  You made it clear he was the best QB since Luck and the most pro-ready.  I can pull up the 1000S of posts you made.  I haven't seen you comment about his play at all just running around like a chicken with your head cut off trying to prop up your boy.  Man, you look foolish.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good to see this place hasn’t changed a bit.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, I'm sorry you got no value out of it but I'm sure there's some folks out there wondering how Winston stacked up.1. is certainly true, but that's why I included the last 15 years as a data point. I'd understand if I'd only sliced out a small piece - but I included a decade and a half of data. Just because Winston faired poorly against history doesn't make it irrelevant.2. And that's the case for most of the people on this list. So push there.3. Well, no kidding. This wasn't a hit piece on Winston. It's what the numbers say he did. I clearly stated in the article that other Super Bowl winning quarterbacks had similar struggles in their rookie pre-season campaigns and guys who were lights out amazing like EJ Manuel or Brady Quinn fell into obscurity.Its not like I sat there and said, look, Tebow's QBR and completion percentage were better than Winston's...so obviously Tebow > than Winston.Hell, I even mentioned that Mariota had a very small sample size compared to Winston.I don't know, I presented the numbers as they are and added some context to them that I thought was pretty fair to him.You're treating it like I'm calling him a bust...which I most certainly did not.

You're treating it like I'm calling him a bust...which I most certainly did not.Not at all I just think statistically it is horrible research with little or no value due to too many variables. Why not go back 60 years?  It still would be horrible research.  I love statistics but when they have little analytical value they are pretty useless.  Kind of like changing Global Warming to Climate change to keep an opinionated speculation being asserted to be settled science. ::)Let me put it another way FBS statistics and their value with 125+ different teams in which it is impossible to correlate much of anything. One thing I will agree with the NFL and its parity and only 32 teams useful statistics can be obtained.  However, using Pre Season games as the model is not credible.Hey if many thought your research was incredibly informative and enlightening they are welcome to such an opinion.I actually enjoy good statistical analysis.  Partial game performances in games that don't even count?  Sorry just doesn't float my boat. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is patently false.  You made it very well known that Winston was at the top of everyone's draft board several times a day.  You made it clear he was the best QB since Luck and the most pro-ready.  I can pull up the 1000S of posts you made.  I haven't seen you comment about his play at all just running around like a chicken with your head cut off trying to prop up your boy.  Man, you look foolish.

So I am the media?  WOW!  Thanks for putting so much value on my opinion.  So put up the 1000 posts I made I would like to see them all again! ROFLMAO!  Was it something I posted that makes you so angry?  Tell me what it is so I can repeat it!  :D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So I am the media?  WOW!  Thanks for putting so much value on my opinion.  So put up the 1000 posts I made I would like to see them all again! ROFLMAO!  Was it something I posted that makes you so angry?  Tell me what it is so I can repeat it!  :D

You're a giant tool and anything that doesn't jive with your personal narrative you attack.You in this thread is a perfect example.  God, you're a such a tool. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

agree  But I would say 3 years and we will know what we do or don't have with Winston.Second year is when other teams game plan for his weaknesses.  Third year is when you find out whether you struck gold or just another lump of coal.Winston will make good plays and bad plays as will the team. Some will be entirely his fault others will be due to execution mistakes by others.This is a team in a rebuilding mode.  The OL will be the "main" determiner on the success or failure of this team and Winston. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You're a giant tool and anything that doesn't jive with your personal narrative you attack.You in this thread is a perfect example.  God, you're a such a tool.

and you are such an angry little girl!  And that makes me laugh and smile! 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Imma go with media ramming.  I wouldn't really use that term, but on the whole they loved this guy. A do no wrong can't miss kind of fella. Mentioning he threw a lot of early ints and maybe had a little hitch in his wind-up did not go over well. Saying you'd not draft him because of his off field stuff is moot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Imma go with media ramming.  I wouldn't really use that term, but on the whole they loved this guy. A do no wrong can't miss kind of fella. Mentioning he threw a lot of early ints and maybe had a little hitch in his wind-up did not go over well. Saying you'd not draft him because of his off field stuff is moot.

Let's not even get started on all of the excuses used to justify his high number of ints in college...

Please wait…

Viewing 54 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.