Viewing 54 reply threads

• Author

• MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Participant

This is allegedly the catch that wowed everyone in attendance today.[img width=600 height=333]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnyRh0dIEAARqkk.jpg:large[/img]Hopefully the first of many here in Tampa

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

put a beer in his left hand and that looks just like me

Please wait…

• dalbuc

Participant

would love to see video of this, you know its there..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Left leg straight, right arm straight, and he was well off the ground.  That ball must have been 10 feet in the air- that’s one helluva catch.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Left leg straight, right arm straight, and he was well off the ground.  That ball must have been 10 feet in the air- that's one helluva catch.

it looks effortless.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you haven’t seen the Sports Science Evans vs. Watkins. Check it out! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjrhSqe762I

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah it looks like he makes that catch in his sleep.

Please wait…

• meassick

Participant

Awesome

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Evans – 1 Manziel - 0

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So he’s, tall, check as if we didn’t know that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That made me laugh. Evans could catch a ball thrown by a QB who couldnt hit the broad side of a barn ... literally!Evans had the higher score than Sammy too. Me like.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t know about between the 20s but damn, this team will beast in the red zone.

Please wait…

• Masterchief

Participant

^^ If ya don't know, now you know..." ^^

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

29ktl37.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

29ktl37.jpg

I saw that pic earlier.Dude looks like a damn giant.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol thought the same thing. and he’s only going to get bigger muscle wise :o

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So he's, tall, check as if we didn't know that.

You have got to be the most miserable bastard on this board. You're the Grumpy Cat of Red Board. Congrats.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dudes only 20 to funny thing is he still could grow another inch or two. He’s gonna be a beast this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You have got to be the most miserable bastard on this board. You're the Grumpy Cat of Red Board. Congrats.

Yeah, it's pretty sad.Looking forward to the video.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

the dude is a BEAST……I expect huge things out of this guy, I think he will be better than VJ.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Gotta to be able to make circus catches when the circus QB was your college QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

29ktl37.jpg

I thought vj would be the nfcs version of megatron. This kid might very well be.Just think. The corners he'll be facing are probably about the same size as the guy to the right in that pic.Very high expectations.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Left leg straight, right arm straight, and he was well off the ground.  That ball must have been 10 feet in the air- that's one helluva catch.

Can't wait to watch this kid in action. Teams are going to have major match-up problems with Vincent Jackson, Mike Evans and ASJ. Whoever wins the slot WR job might have a big year if coverages are rolled to cover the Trip Towers of Tampa.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

only 20 years old? After a couple of years in the NFL weight room, he’s going to be built like Jimmy Graham

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He didn't like the pick so it looks like he's rooting for him to fail. Sad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is what instantly popped into my mind LOL http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V4634QwiPBs

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This too… http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Pig6xZdptL4

Please wait…

• squirt1

Participant

I did not realize how big this mother was until seeing this pic.  That is incredible.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

only 20 years old? After a couple of years in the NFL weight room, he's going to be built like Jimmy Graham

Some analysts are already on that boat. His combine stats are just slightly under grahams, and his size is almost comparable, as well as his play being somewhat similar (evans is not as bruising and idk if graham blocks as good).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Watched so much of this dude in college, that this sort of thing doesn’t surprise me one bit.  The guy is Monster Mike out there.  I can see them moving him all over the field…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The video is up (at least on the Bucs App). Very nice smooth catch.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pretty sweet catch. Safety would have demolished him in a game, but very nice catch nonetheless: http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/Mike-Evans-One-Handed-Catch/1b53f8a0-79c8-4869-8f67-e0cf1430950c

Please wait…

• dalbuc

Participant

I knew they had coaches tape of it, its cool they released it. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just watched the video… That catch was sick.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Thank god we didn’t select a Nose Tackle.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was blah about Mike Evans the entire off season. Even when I watched every play from JFF and the Alabama game and realized it was Evans elevating JFF and not the other way around I was moot on him. I’m starting to warm up to the guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was blah about Mike Evans the entire off season. Even when I watched every play from JFF and the Alabama game and realized it was Evans elevating JFF and not the other way around I was moot on him. I'm starting to warm up to the guy.

Jff would've been awesome here, but so would evans, so I'm more than happy with the pick.We obtained the best wr in the draft. Tough to biotch about that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was blah about Mike Evans the entire off season. Even when I watched every play from JFF and the Alabama game and realized it was Evans elevating JFF and not the other way around I was moot on him. I'm starting to warm up to the guy.

Jff would've been awesome here, but so would evans, so I'm more than happy with the pick.We obtained the best wr in the draft. Tough to biotch about that.

C'mon now... this is the red and you know better.

Please wait…

• jrech1

Participant

Pretty easy to identify those that watched Mike & JFF play...and those that didnt.  In this case it was the later.  They BOTH made each other better. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Watched so much of this dude in college, that this sort of thing doesn't surprise me one bit.  The guy is Monster Mike out there.  I can see them moving him all over the field...

Agree. Manbeast! With him and VJack out there, not much the defense can do.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

C'mon now... this is the red and you know better.

Yeah, what was I thinking? Lol.In all seriousness, anyone who liked manziel should also have watched enough of this guy to be impressed.Manziel is already finished because cleveland's qb curse, whereas evans will excel here in tampa. Both would have been good here, but we got the other monster from texas..the giant one, and I'm more than ok with that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Rookie Evans > Rookie Manziel3 year vet Evans vs 3 year vet Manziel?  who knows.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That was one sick catch. I can’t wait to see this at full speed in a game because I have the feeling the RayJay will be filled with lots of “oohs and ahhs” with this kid catching the ball along with Vincent Jackson now finally getting some one on one coverage to beat. This is going to be one fun season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hard for a DB to defend that, thing is did the QB do that on purpose or did the throw suck that bad?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Me too. To me , he really didn't look fast. I think with him Vincent and the rookie TE , if the QB can just throw to where the shortest corner is, we could get some big plays

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hard for a DB to defend that, thing is did the QB do that on purpose or did the throw suck that bad?

Brett Smith as the only qb there, so he probably threw some crappy passes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Me too. To me , he really didn't look fast. I think with him Vincent and the rookie TE , if the QB can just throw to where the shortest corner is, we could get some big plays

Evans isn't slow really. His long frame makes it look that way. Burner? No. But not slow either.Between vj and evans, it's a matchup nightmare for dc's. Almost always have to have help over the top, and who do you stick on who? ..it's almost the same here, as it was when jj signed with atlanta. Only, our guys are giants by comparison.Pick your mother fucking poison atlanta.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

it looks effortless.

I'm concerned about this lack of effort he's displaying.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

arguably most importantly is this was from out of the slot, where he didn’t spend much time, if any, in college

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I mean… let’s be real here… running a post pattern isn’t that much different, let alone more difficult, just because you’re starting the route 5 yards to the left of where you usually start

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I mean... let's be real here... running a post pattern isn't that much different, let alone more difficult, just because you're starting the route 5 yards to the left of where you usually start

Yeah the skill involved in being a slot is primarily being able to find the open spaces in traffic and stay open, then obviously making the catch and turning up.  That's why shiftiness is at a premium for this position - those holes open and close very quickly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I mean... let's be real here... running a post pattern isn't that much different, let alone more difficult, just because you're starting the route 5 yards to the left of where you usually start

Yeah the skill involved in being a slot is primarily being able to find the open spaces in traffic and stay open, then obviously making the catch and turning up.  That's why shiftiness is at a premium for this position - those holes open and close very quickly.

indeed

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Great catch, hopefully he is not forced to have to catch a pass down the middle like this in a game, or or he will get flattened.  Do not want him to ever have  to expose himself like this in the middle.  Our QBs need to hit those passes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Great catch, hopefully he is not forced to have to catch a pass down the middle like this in a game, or or he will get flattened.  Do not want him to ever have  to expose himself like this in the middle.  Our QBs need to hit those passes.

McCown isn't an accurate QB.  He will chuck it though.And he truly had the benefit of a great receving and blocking back, A QB guru in Trestman who installed a solid scheme, the benefit of three massive targets who stayed healthy, and a vastly improved offensive line with Long.I watched him and said while he is having nice games, he is on a hot streak in a perfect storm.Will he have that in Tampa?  We will see.

Please wait…

Viewing 54 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.