“The” Mock Draft Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    CaptainStagger
    Participant

For consolidation, I don’t think we need explanations at this point

14 – Wills
    45 – Helaire
    Trade 76 & 117 for 62 – Winfield
    139 – Gibson
    161 – Morgan
    198 – Markus Bailey

Just not enough picks to squeeze a DL in there but I’d wouldn’t kick my dog after a draft like this.

+10
    Rating: +8. From 12 votes.
    Please wait...

Hockey Duckie
    Participant

I like three out of the first four picks. Helaire isn’t the RB I’d choose.

Fits most of our needs at RT, S, and RB.

+3
    Rating: -1. From 7 votes.
    Please wait...
    CaptainStagger
    Participant

Helaire is the exact back for Brady I think. He needs the the best set of hands in the backfield we can give him. Not to mention he is just a great back. Doesn’t fumble….ever…. so shifty, has burst, squaty. Likes contact. He might not have a 6th gear but 1-5 are so good you don’t care.

+6
    Rating: +5. From 7 votes.
    Please wait...
    CaptainStagger
    Participant

Buccanoler Draft

Thomas
    Espensa
    Akers
    Biadasz
    Morgan
    Tanner Muse
    Binjimen Victor

+2
    Rating: 0. From 4 votes.
    Please wait...
    CaptainStagger
    Participant

Diehart Fisherman Draft

1. Andrew Thomas OT Georgia

2. Jalen Hurts QB Alabama/ Oklahoma

3. Antonio Gibson. WR/ RB Memphis
    I think this guy is starting to move up the draft board.

4A. JR Reed Safety Georgia

4B.Larrell Murchison DT N.C. State

5. Stephan Guidry WR Mississippi State

6. Damien Lewis G/OL LSU

+2
    Rating: -9. From 13 votes.
    Please wait...
    Pennywise
    Participant

Mine from a Cpl weeks ago

Rd 1,kinlaw, dl..I think he will be there at 14

Rd2 josh uche,edge

Rd 3 ben bartch ot

Rd 4 logan Stenberg iol

Rd 4 lynn Bowden wo,return guy

Rd 5 jake Luton qb

Rd 6 jamycal hasty rb

Add a backer and cb ,qb via undrafted rookie fa
    Roland rivers qb choice put him on PS

+3
    Rating: -6. From 12 votes.
    Please wait...
    CaptainStagger
    Participant

Bucko40’s Draft

1st Round (Trade with Arizona) Bucs send 4th round pick 2020 (pick 161) and 2021 2nd round to Arizona for Arizona’s 8th Overall selection and their 2020 7th round (pick 222)

Bucs Select- OT- Tristan Wirfs- Iowa- 6’5” 320lbs- If all goes well in camp Wirfs is the immediate RT for 2020 and replaces Donovan Smith at LT in 2021.

2nd Round- CB- AJ Terrell- Clemson- 6’1” 195lbs- Many may think this isn’t a position of need. New Orleans has been overloading at WR and the Bucs are going to need more secondary helps to combat that. The early run on QB, OL and WR will push some defenders to the 2nd round. Terrell is ranked as the 4th ot 5th Cornerback on most boards. He should be on the board at pick 45.

3rd round- RB- Cam Akers- Florida State- 5’10” 217lbs- I would love for Clyde Edwards-Helaire to fall to the 3rd round but I just don’t see it. Cam Akers isn’t that far behind CEH in production though.

4th Round- Compensatory Pick- Edge/LB- Kenny Willekes- Michigan State- 6’4” 270lbs- Willekes would be used for additional depth along the DL. He played LB in High School. He could back up Shaq or Gholston and both DE positions. He’s a Carl Nassib type player.

5th Round- DT- Raequan Williams- Michigan State- 6’4” 308-lbs The more I looked at Kenny Willekes the more I saw a space eater in Raequan Williams. He’s a bit raw in technique but what better way to learn behind Vea and Suh.

6th Round- WR- Quez Watkins- 6’0” 185lbs- Southern Miss- Speed depth at WR is needed. With a good camp he could push Scotty Miller (suspect hands) for that spot.

7th Round- S- Jordan Fuller- Ohio Sate- 6’2” 205lbs- Fuller is a good solid Safety that adds depth. At worst he develops from a practice squad player and puses for a back up position in 2021. At the best he’s a backup in 2020 and pushing for a starters spot in 2021.

+2
    Rating: -7. From 11 votes.
    Please wait...
    CaptainStagger
    Participant

Nobody’s Draft

1) Trade down to Minnesota to 22 for their 2nd and their 4th (basically a 40 point move-up tax so they can select they WR to replace Diggs).

Select OT Josh Jones

I don’t love him, but he’s a solid prospect (with the warts I outlined in my breakdown; base width/plays high, doesn’t shoot hands nearly as well or as effectively as I’d like in Pass Pro, space play is sometimes great…sometimes pretty poor). He’s clearly the best of the rest OTs in this draft.

2) Trade up from 42 to late 1st from our own 2nd using our 3rd.

Select Edge Zack Baun

(who I think is the best Edge prospect in this draft…yes, I definitely like him more than Chaisson). Good/consistent snap anticipation, RIDICULOUS burst, bend, dip and rip + finish capability. Very good in space as well. For as light as he is, he’s extremely good at setting the edge (technically sound + great leverage).

3) Minnesota’s (late) 2nd round pick.

Select FS Antoine Winfield.

45.5 Passer Rating Allowed, 7 Picks. Fantastic football instincts + processing coupled with his ridiculous 10 yard split (rare, rare burst) make a player who can read a play, break on the ball, get there and do something about it when he’s there. I think there is a very real possibility he is the best Safety in this class.

4) Trade up to late 3rd from our 4th using 4th rd Comp.

Select RB Akers or Moss (in that order…whoever is there).

Both break tackles both at the 1st level and in space and they make people miss. Both are assets in the passing game.

4th: Trade up to top 10 in 4th from Minnie’s pick using 5th.

Slect WR/RB Gibson

Tackle-breaker with great open field vision. He’s somewhat route-limited in the WR tree (or at least he has a TON of work to do to improve certain routes), but there are plenty of routes that he runs extremely well (particularly verts) and he competes for the football and catches it easily. He can be an asset in the Jet Sweep game (if we actually use it) and absolutely in the Bubble/Smoke Screen game. He can even carry the football on gimmick plays from long down and distance (particularly Gap plays where he’s following a GUard…which is what he did almost exclusively in college). This is a guy that can stay on the field all the time due to sub-package versatility.

+7
    Rating: +5. From 9 votes.
    Please wait...

+1
    Rating: 0. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...
    m_j
    Participant

For consolidation, I don’t think we need explanations at this point

14 – Wills
    45 – Helaire
    Trade 76 & 117 for 62 – Winfield
    139 – Gibson
    161 – Morgan
    198 – Markus Bailey

Just not enough picks to squeeze a DL in there but I’d wouldn’t kick my dog after a draft like this.

+10
    Rating: +8. From 12 votes.
    Please wait...

would take that, but I do not think wills is going to be on the board when we pick. and I have no clue who bailey is

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by m_j.
    DonkeyHunter
    Spectator

Here’s mine based off a mock I ran on The Draft Network:

Rd.1 (22 via Minn) – Josh Jones (OT) (right there with @nobody and his train of thought)

*We ship the Vikings the 14th overall and 4th rounder (117th) pick and gain their 22nd overall and a 2nd rounder (58th)*

Rd.2 (45) – Austin Jackson (OT)

Rd.2 (58 via MINN) – Joshua Uche (EDGE)

Rd.2 (62 via GB) – Matt Hennessy (IOL)

*We trade OJ Howard to the Packers, along with a 5th rounder (161 overall) in exchange for their 2nd rounder (62 overall)*

Rd.3 (76) – Cam Akers (RB)

Rd.4 (139) – Devin Duvernay (WR)

Rd.6 (194) – Tanner Muse (S)

For sake of conversation, I did go back and forth between Jones and Baun in the 1st round with both available.

IMO, it would’ve been a pretty sick haul if I was able to manage both Baun and Uche.

+6
    Rating: -1. From 13 votes.
    Please wait...
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by DonkeyHunter.
    pancake block
    Participant

Trade down to 22 Josh Jones
    2) Ashtyn DAvis (safety)
    2b) (pick from the move from 14 Damian Lewis (RG)
    3) Akers
    4) AJ Dillon
    4) (comp) Uche LB
    5) Morgan qb

+1
    Rating: -2. From 4 votes.
    Please wait...
    Pennywise
    Participant

Uche,rd 4? Yeah ok

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Trade down to 22 Josh Jones
    2) Ashtyn DAvis (safety)
    2b) (pick from the move from 14 Damian Lewis (RG)
    3) Akers
    4) AJ Dillon
    4) (comp) Uche LB
    5) Morgan qb

+1
    Rating: -2. From 4 votes.
    Please wait...

Jones will be gone by 22. If Top 4 OT are gone when we’re up, I think Licht picks him at 14, otherwise Miami picks him at 18 if they still have that pick

+1
    Rating: +1. From 1 vote.
    Please wait...
    blind melon
    Participant

Today’s run at it -Fanspeak on the clock

14: R1P14 OT MEKHI BECTON LOUISVILLE right tackle – cornerstone – huge.
    45: R2P13 DL ROSS BLACKLOCK TCU – tenacious – can play inside or outside
    76: R3P12 RB CLYDE EDWARDS-HELAIRE LSU – pass catching, hard to tackle
    117: R4P11 S JEREMY CHINN S. ILLINOIS – fast, big and smart – can play any DB position
    139: R4P33 G KEVIN DOTSON LOUISIANA – Big, can carry more weight – RG and C candidate.
    161: R5P15 RB AJ DILLON BOSTON COLLEGE, fast RB that can catch, 249 lbs! balances out our RB room
    194: R6P15 WR QUINTEZ CEPHUS WISCONSIN, leader, competitive, strong, picks ball, big slot candidate

This one fell out like a dream for the Bucs.

+8
    Rating: +8. From 8 votes.
    Please wait...
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by blind melon.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 122 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.