Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 16 reply threads

• Author

• spurzo

Participant

Is Robert Nkemdiche.  He will blow up the combine.  Moves like a linebacker but he’s 6’4 300lb.  There is and will be lot’s of negative talk surrounding him but his biggest moments came in the biggest games.DT Spin movehttps://twitter.com/JuMosq/status/690413105495588864A little Justin Smithhttps://twitter.com/JuMosq/status/690416707114930176Pretty sure we all saw this onehttps://twitter.com/JuMosq/status/690403513487212548He's a gamble but feels like we have the leaders to keep him focused.

• Anonymous

Inactive

He will certainly be on the short list. it is good to see that he comes up big in the big games, too…

• CapnFear

Participant

Definitely agree.  Multiple off-the-field issues at Ole Miss culminating with the incident in Atlanta.  Need to see how he interviews at the Combine and do our due diligence before deciding if he is worth the risk.I can potentially see him falling in the draft similar to Sapp.

• Anonymous

Inactive

IMHO, he’ll fall a lot farther than Sapp did.  I don’t remember anyone ever questioning Sapp’s love of the game, just whether he liked the nose candy too much.  Many question whether Nkemdiche loves the game, or just wants to be famous.  Then there is his brother, who scouts are afraid is a particularly bad influence.  Too many red flags to take at 9.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nkmediche is not as talented as Sapp, but he’s a solid D-Lineman. I’ve come around to preferring Noah Spence if he’s on the board.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wouldnt call him the most unique talent.  Maybe the most unique waste of talent.

• Anonymous

Inactive

He was the best d-line prospect I saw last year.  Seems like there are off the field questions about him and his brother, but if Mike Smith wants to recreate John Henderson and Marcus Stroud, this would not be a bad direction to go pairing him with GMAC.

• Anonymous

Inactive

IMHO, he'll fall a lot farther than Sapp did.  I don't remember anyone ever questioning Sapp's love of the game, just whether he liked the nose candy too much.  Many question whether Nkemdiche loves the game, or just wants to be famous.  Then there is his brother, who scouts are afraid is a particularly bad influence.  Too many red flags to take at 9.

is it possible he could fall to us in the 2nd?

• Marcia

Participant

I get the impression that both Ramsey and Hargreaves could end up being freakish talents from this draft.  With Ramsey, I am not sure you take a safety this early and he’s not a cover corner.  Unless of course that safety is Ed Reed, then I am on board. Hargreaves seems like a freak at times and other times he seems like he's just going through the motions. BOth him and Ramsey make sense from fanbase standpoint and both have about as much upside as any players in this draft.  Ramsey could be a huge utility player for this D. Nkemdiche has freak potential and I would not be unhappy if he is our pick.  Alexander is a true shut down corner that loves to play the game.  He's a real good kid.  I hate that he is coming off an injury but we instantly take away the opponents top receiver if he is the pick. I love that despite an injury in the championship game he hobbled out to shake the Alabama players' hands.  His talent is unique for sure. A physical cover corner whose stock will rise leading up to the draft imo.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is Robert Nkemdiche.  He will blow up the combine.  Moves like a linebacker but he's 6'4 300lb.  There is and will be lot's of negative talk surrounding him but his biggest moments came in the biggest games.DT Spin movehttps://twitter.com/JuMosq/status/690413105495588864A little Justin Smithhttps://twitter.com/JuMosq/status/690416707114930176Pretty sure we all saw this onehttps://twitter.com/JuMosq/status/690403513487212548He's a gamble but feels like we have the leaders to keep him focused.

I don't think he's "unique"...He's not a dominant player, ie Aaron Donald type...

• vlagatta

Run………don’t walk away from that kid.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is Robert Nkemdiche.  He will blow up the combine.  Moves like a linebacker but he's 6'4 300lb.  There is and will be lot's of negative talk surrounding him but his biggest moments came in the biggest games.DT Spin movehttps://twitter.com/JuMosq/status/690413105495588864A little Justin Smithhttps://twitter.com/JuMosq/status/690416707114930176Pretty sure we all saw this onehttps://twitter.com/JuMosq/status/690403513487212548He's a gamble but feels like we have the leaders to keep him focused.

I don't think he's "unique"...He's not a dominant player, ie Aaron Donald type...

You haven't watched the 2015 Alabama game

• Anonymous

Inactive

A Scouting Report by Charlie Campbell:Summary: Since being the No. 1 recruit in the nation, there has been a lot of hype around Nkemdiche. He was a 3-year starter for Ole Miss while showing a tremendous athletic skill set. As a true freshman, Nkemdiche totaled 34 tackles with two sacks and eight tackles for a loss. He recorded 35 tackles with two sacks in 2014. As a junior, Nkemdiche totaled 29 tackles, seven for a loss and three sacks, plus he caught a 31-yard touchdown pass. He had big games against Alabama and Mississippi State, but a number of games where he did very little while going against offensive linemen he should have dominated. Nkemdiche seemed to start games well before getting worn down and disappearing. His conditioning looked sub-par. He also missed time with a concussion he suffered against Memphis. On the positive side, Nkemdiche is a rare athlete with a phenomenal combination of size, strength and speed. He can bull rush straight through blockers while he also has the speed and movement skills of a linebacker. Nkemdiche is a the definition of a freak athlete. As a pass-rusher, Nkemdiche can get some penetration and pressure, but he rarely ever notched sacks. Nkemdiche doesn't have pass-rushing moves and struggles to get to the quarterback. While Nkemdiche has been talked about like an elite defensive line prospect, look at his sack numbers compared to some other top prospects in recent years. Robert Nkemdiche: 35 games - 7 sacks Ndamukong Suh: 54 games - 24 sacks Gerald McCoy: 40 games - 14.5 sacks Aaron Donald: 51 games - 29.5 sacks I've spoken with GMs who share my opinion that Nkemdiche is one of the most overrated players in this draft class. He would consistently break into the backfield for Ole Miss, but rarely ever finish a play. He could bull rushe some college guards straight down the pocket or blow by an offensive lineman with his speed. However, Nkemdiche rarely makes the tackle. Part of the reason for that is Nkemdiche has poor awareness. He also lacks pass-rushing moves. NFL sources say that while Nkemdiche has a great skill set, he just isn't a natural pass-rusher, and that can be seen in his meager sack production. Multiple teams have told me that they have off-the-field concerns with Nkemdiche. One team labelled him as having serious baggage with some bad influences. They believe that his older brother Denzel will be part of his entourage where ever he goes, and Denzel is a bad influence. Another team said that Robert Nkemdiche loves the limelight and wants to be a movie star. They'd like to see him have the desire to dominate on the field, but they say he doesn't seem possessed to be the best football player he can be. The off-the-field concerns were given more credence when he was arrested after the season for pot and jumped off a hotel balcony during the incident. That caused him to be suspended for his final collegiate game. For the NFL, Nkemdiche would be a nice fit as a 3-4 defensive end. In a 4-3 defense, he would be best as a defensive end on running downs who moves inside to tackle in passing situations. Sources say that Nkemdiche has a top-10 athletic skill set, but with his lack of production to go with the off-the-field concerns, he could slide in the 2016 NFL Draft.

• Marcia

Participant

A Scouting Report by Charlie Campbell:Summary: Since being the No. 1 recruit in the nation, there has been a lot of hype around Nkemdiche. He was a 3-year starter for Ole Miss while showing a tremendous athletic skill set. As a true freshman, Nkemdiche totaled 34 tackles with two sacks and eight tackles for a loss. He recorded 35 tackles with two sacks in 2014. As a junior, Nkemdiche totaled 29 tackles, seven for a loss and three sacks, plus he caught a 31-yard touchdown pass. He had big games against Alabama and Mississippi State, but a number of games where he did very little while going against offensive linemen he should have dominated. Nkemdiche seemed to start games well before getting worn down and disappearing. His conditioning looked sub-par. He also missed time with a concussion he suffered against Memphis. On the positive side, Nkemdiche is a rare athlete with a phenomenal combination of size, strength and speed. He can bull rush straight through blockers while he also has the speed and movement skills of a linebacker. Nkemdiche is a the definition of a freak athlete. As a pass-rusher, Nkemdiche can get some penetration and pressure, but he rarely ever notched sacks. Nkemdiche doesn't have pass-rushing moves and struggles to get to the quarterback. While Nkemdiche has been talked about like an elite defensive line prospect, look at his sack numbers compared to some other top prospects in recent years. Robert Nkemdiche: 35 games - 7 sacks Ndamukong Suh: 54 games - 24 sacks Gerald McCoy: 40 games - 14.5 sacks Aaron Donald: 51 games - 29.5 sacks I've spoken with GMs who share my opinion that Nkemdiche is one of the most overrated players in this draft class. He would consistently break into the backfield for Ole Miss, but rarely ever finish a play. He could bull rushe some college guards straight down the pocket or blow by an offensive lineman with his speed. However, Nkemdiche rarely makes the tackle. Part of the reason for that is Nkemdiche has poor awareness. He also lacks pass-rushing moves. NFL sources say that while Nkemdiche has a great skill set, he just isn't a natural pass-rusher, and that can be seen in his meager sack production. Multiple teams have told me that they have off-the-field concerns with Nkemdiche. One team labelled him as having serious baggage with some bad influences. They believe that his older brother Denzel will be part of his entourage where ever he goes, and Denzel is a bad influence. Another team said that Robert Nkemdiche loves the limelight and wants to be a movie star. They'd like to see him have the desire to dominate on the field, but they say he doesn't seem possessed to be the best football player he can be. The off-the-field concerns were given more credence when he was arrested after the season for pot and jumped off a hotel balcony during the incident. That caused him to be suspended for his final collegiate game. For the NFL, Nkemdiche would be a nice fit as a 3-4 defensive end. In a 4-3 defense, he would be best as a defensive end on running downs who moves inside to tackle in passing situations. Sources say that Nkemdiche has a top-10 athletic skill set, but with his lack of production to go with the off-the-field concerns, he could slide in the 2016 NFL Draft.

Great info.

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is undoubtedly good info and I've read it several times over the last few weeks.  The concerns can be real, as can his undisputed upside.  I'd contend though, that he has a wide variety of pass moves as shown in the vines posted.  Combined with his incredible athleticism and some good coaching, he could be an elite talent.  If we're willing to gamble on Noah Spence (which I'm all for), why not gamble on someone with an elite skill set?  A little more evidencehttps://twitter.com/JuMosq/status/690418834323288064https://twitter.com/BigGuy_Probs/status/689184345572143104https://twitter.com/JuMosq/status/690400403444359170

• Anonymous

Inactive

[ If we're willing to gamble on Noah Spence (which I'm all for), why not gamble on someone with an elite skill set? 

does spence not have an elite skill set?And spence apparently had a problem well over a year ago?  Dkemdichie is smoking the K2 a month ago?

• Anonymous

Inactive

big risk imo.  but if he falls a bit then at some point the risk/reward ratio is worth considering.  i probably wouldn’t consider him in the first few rds.  but mid rds maybe. 

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.