Viewing 25 reply threads

• Author

• MiltonMack21

Participant

I heard after the Sims pick that this regime was doing BPA for their picks. That is a lie. The number 7 overall pick was definitely not BPA, the 3rd round pick was not BP, the 2 5th round picks are 100% projects that will the 6th round pick as well as the 2nd round picks are the only 2 that have a chance at being BPA. In the end, we drafted a 2nd tier WR, a back up running back that can catch, 2 OL that are nothing more than 3rd stringers (Xavier Fulton type). In reality only one player from this draft is going to have some real impact in the NFL and that Austin Seferian-Jenkins. Really is too bad as I thought the goal was to put an NFL offense on the field and win some games. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

It depends whose board you are going by. BPA on Licht's board?Or BPA on Milton's board?

• Anonymous

Inactive

• Anonymous

Inactive

It depends whose board you are going by. BPA on Licht's board?Or BPA on Milton's board?

It has to be Lovie's board. The excuse that we were going strictly BPA to justify the wasted Sims pick is what has me curious is all. I mean if you are truly going BPA Mike Evans does not get picked there. BUT if you were drafting for need and you reached for a 2nd tier WR then that is ok. Now the numbers will tell you that some of these picks will bust. Unfortunately we will probably hit on just the 2nd round pick. Now, IMHO the Bucs should have taken Donald and they will regret it. The Anti-Donalds cried "We can't take him, we already have a solid starter there" aren't making the same case against Sims.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why does everyone think we have this awesome stable of runningbacks? Doug Martin looked horrible last year before his injury and Rainey and James had a combined 3 good games in their entire careers. Adding Sims was a no-brainer

• Anonymous

Inactive

It has to be Lovie's board. The excuse that we were going strictly BPA to justify the wasted Sims pick is what has me curious is all. I mean if you are truly going BPA Mike Evans does not get picked there. BUT if you were drafting for need and you reached for a 2nd tier WR then that is ok. Now the numbers will tell you that some of these picks will bust. Unfortunately we will probably hit on just the 2nd round pick. Now, IMHO the Bucs should have taken Donald and they will regret it. The Anti-Donalds cried "We can't take him, we already have a solid starter there" aren't making the same case against Sims.

That is my point. Those guys we drafted may have been BPA on L&L's board.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s a difference in opinion. That’s why Jdouble and others get pissed because they think their board is best. The only board that matters when it comes to the draft is who is doing the drafting.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I too wanted Donald.  But unless you saw thr Bucs draft board and how they had the players ranked, you can’t say they didn’t take the BPA.  Simply because some talking head said player x was better than player y doesn’t make it so.  We can both look at the same game and come away with two totally different opinions of how the players played.  Unless you know ALL the details and data that went into their player rankings, it is impossible to say who was the BPA.  If you want to say their BPA rack and stack is bad you would still have to know what went into it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

No matter how many times your dumbass says Evans is second tier doesn’t make it true.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs don’t need another 3 technique. Donald was never a good fit.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think many feel the team reached or doesn’t fully understand the conceptual advantage with the picks – for instance, in my opinion – if the team lines up in 21 personnel ( 2 RB’s, 1 TE & 2 WR’s)  the team can motion in to 11 personnel ( 1 RB, 1 TE & 3 WR’s) by utilizing Sims in the slot thus giving the team an advantage against opposing defenses as initially the offense is lined up in a heavy run set that easily transitions in to a more predominant passing formation  giving the offense a two way go to either run or pass…Adding Evans, Jenkins and Sims along with Herron gives the team formation / personnel grouping flexibility something they have not had. While everyone is entitled to their own opinion  - its clear the team feels / believes Nicks will be ready to go and that both the offensive linemen taken in the fifth round have a good chance of battling the reserve linemen that were on the roster before the draft for spots on the 53-man roster - ultimately  it comes down to competition and adding depth which the team needed on the offensive side of the football.Adding firepower was clearly the agenda throughout the draft...

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t use reason yucc, it doesn’t work around here.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Except we added 2 lesser players. That is it, Evans is a lesser player and no matter how many times L&L lie about it, they panic drafted. They could have traded down 10 spots and still gotten Evans, from the looks of it he was not on most draft boards. But we are stuck with him so we have to hope he is at the very least serviceable.

• Anonymous

Inactive

just look at the eagles how they drafted the OLB from Louisville at 26 and they felt like that was their BPA

• Anonymous

Inactive

Except we added 2 lesser players. That is it, Evans is a lesser player and no matter how many times L&L lie about it, they panic drafted. They could have traded down 10 spots and still gotten Evans, from the looks of it he was not on most draft boards. But we are stuck with him so we have to hope he is at the very least serviceable.

I dont think he gets passed the lions and def not the rams at 13. Giants reached for a wideout so there is no way they pass on Evans.Just dont see where you think we could have dropped down ten spots. Do you have proof that a lot of teams didnt have him on their board?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please show me the draft boards Evans wasn’t on.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please show me the draft boards Evans wasn't on.

I missed that also.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I believe we went BPA at the positions that Tedford told Licht he needed. Not true BPA. Look we have a talented defense and the worst offense. What good would it have been to draft defense? Really, they had to be smart enough NOT to draft BPA ... and they pulled it off.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Except we added 2 lesser players (1). That is it, Evans is a lesser player and no matter how many times L&L lie about it, they panic drafted (2). They could have traded down 10 spots and still gotten Evans (3), from the looks of it he was not on most draft boards (4). But we are stuck with him so we have to hope he is at the very least serviceable.

Not sure I have ever seen someone be wrong that many times is that few sentences.  Bravo my friend, that is quite an accomplishment even for the Red Board.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think many feel the team reached or doesn't fully understand the conceptual advantage with the picks - for instance, in my opinion - if the team lines up in 21 personnel ( 2 RB's, 1 TE & 2 WR's)  the team can motion in to 11 personnel ( 1 RB, 1 TE & 3 WR's) by utilizing Sims in the slot thus giving the team an advantage against opposing defenses as initially the offense is lined up in a heavy run set that easily transitions in to a more predominant passing formation  giving the offense a two way go to either run or pass...Adding Evans, Jenkins and Sims along with Herron gives the team formation / personnel grouping flexibility something they have not had. While everyone is entitled to their own opinion  - its clear the team feels / believes Nicks will be ready to go and that both the offensive linemen taken in the fifth round have a good chance of battling the reserve linemen that were on the roster before the draft for spots on the 53-man roster - ultimately  it comes down to competition and adding depth which the team needed on the offensive side of the football.Adding firepower was clearly the agenda throughout the draft...

Great post but wouldn't having an agenda not fall under BPA?

• Anonymous

Inactive

I heard after the Sims pick that this regime was doing BPA for their picks. That is a lie. The number 7 overall pick was definitely not BPA, the 3rd round pick was not BP, the 2 5th round picks are 100% projects that will the 6th round pick as well as the 2nd round picks are the only 2 that have a chance at being BPA. In the end, we drafted a 2nd tier WR, a back up running back that can catch, 2 OL that are nothing more than 3rd stringers (Xavier Fulton type). In reality only one player from this draft is going to have some real impact in the NFL and that Austin Seferian-Jenkins. Really is too bad as I thought the goal was to put an NFL offense on the field and win some games.

Says who? You?BPA according to THEIR BOARD, not your "board" or anyone else's.This really is not a difficult concept to understand.Hate a pick? Disagree with a pick? Cool....your prerogative...but they did, according to their scouts, their research, their endless hours of tape watching, picked BPA...Only time with tell, in practice and on game days, if they were right.  About three years...they say anyway...

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is such a dumb post based on one person being all pissy at the players we got.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think many feel the team reached or doesn't fully understand the conceptual advantage with the picks - for instance, in my opinion - if the team lines up in 21 personnel ( 2 RB's, 1 TE & 2 WR's)  the team can motion in to 11 personnel ( 1 RB, 1 TE & 3 WR's) by utilizing Sims in the slot thus giving the team an advantage against opposing defenses as initially the offense is lined up in a heavy run set that easily transitions in to a more predominant passing formation  giving the offense a two way go to either run or pass...Adding Evans, Jenkins and Sims along with Herron gives the team formation / personnel grouping flexibility something they have not had. While everyone is entitled to their own opinion  - its clear the team feels / believes Nicks will be ready to go and that both the offensive linemen taken in the fifth round have a good chance of battling the reserve linemen that were on the roster before the draft for spots on the 53-man roster - ultimately  it comes down to competition and adding depth which the team needed on the offensive side of the football.Adding firepower was clearly the agenda throughout the draft...

Great post but wouldn't having an agenda not fall under BPA?

I think Yucs nails it. This team was utterly predictable on offense and we suddenly have broadened the ability to show teams different looks. I have been having this discussion on the other board. BPA is naturally going to have biases. I'm sure at the various picks, they had guys at different positions with the same grade. The whole point of the vertical board though is to make those tie-breaking decisions in advance. Those tie-breakers might include need, depth at the position, ability to make the roster, etc. In my opinion, you only should deviate from those pre-determined decisions based on what you've already done in the draft (e.g., you might pass on a WR in round 3 if you've taken the WR in rounds 1 and 2).  Otherwise, you've thrown away months of preparation and study over a "gut" decision. That's how mistakes are made - in the 1994 draft the Chiefs had RBs ranked William Floyd, Mario Bates, and Greg Hill in that order (it's on Caught in the Draft on NFL Network). Instead of taking Floyd, they fought for 15 minutes over Bates (Carl Peterson's favorite) and Greg Hill (Schotty's favorite). Oops.

• Anonymous

Inactive

They could have traded down 10 spots and still gotten Evans, from the looks of it he was not on most draft boards.

[citation needed]

• Anonymous

Inactive

They could have traded down 10 spots and still gotten Evans, from the looks of it he was not on most draft boards.

[citation needed]

Good luck...he's just making stuff up.  We were lucky Jax took Bortles...otherwise no way Evans falls to 7.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The third round was pick was a head-scratcher for me, but after seeing the OP is against it, I’ve jumped on board.

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.