Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 17 reply threads

• Author

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Watch Bucs’ Jameis Winston throw TD to Kenny BellGreg Auman, Times Staff WriterWe've been tweeting lots of video from Bucs practice and interviews -- need to be better about linking to them on the blog. Tuesday's opening practice of Bucs OTAs had one clip that the NFL Network asked to use, with QB Jameis Winston throwing a long touchdown to receiver Kenny Bell.26641592653_dbdc0b3dff_z.jpgtd by anti java, on FlickrVideo Link.....https://t.co/TEkQZMizfHVideo: Nice touchdown pass from Bucs QB Jameis Winston to former @Huskers receiver Kenny Bell.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs.Com has another angle of it, which isn’t as good:http://www.buccaneers.com/videos/videos/Highlight-Winston-Deep-Ball-to-Bell/cf053fbe-1262-4adf-aa9c-1c3b1b9361e3Basically it's just the dropback, ball ball ball, catch. Auman's video was better. I believe they had practice today as well, but no media coverage. Hopefully some more media coverage soon.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs.Com has another angle of it, which isn't as good:http://www.buccaneers.com/videos/videos/Highlight-Winston-Deep-Ball-to-Bell/cf053fbe-1262-4adf-aa9c-1c3b1b9361e3Basically it's just the dropback, ball ball ball, catch. Auman's video was better. I believe they had practice today as well, but no media coverage. Hopefully some more media coverage soon.

I am trying to figure out who that is in coverage?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs.Com has another angle of it, which isn't as good:http://www.buccaneers.com/videos/videos/Highlight-Winston-Deep-Ball-to-Bell/cf053fbe-1262-4adf-aa9c-1c3b1b9361e3Basically it's just the dropback, ball ball ball, catch. Auman's video was better. I believe they had practice today as well, but no media coverage. Hopefully some more media coverage soon.

My guess... Josh Robinson.

• mdclarie

Participant

Yeah looked like #26 to me, which is Robinson.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok thanks. He better not give up his day job. Glad it was not Vernon, dude looked lost.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nice pick by Hargreaves with Bell sandwiched between Hargreaves and Tandy. Clip starts with the ball at it's peak in the air so you can't see who threw it.  http://www.buccaneers.com/videos/videos/Highlight-Vernon-Hargreaves-Interception/3331cf4e-71a9-4093-bc3e-eed2de85b864

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok thanks. He better not give up his day job. Glad it was not Vernon, dude looked lost.

i wouldn’t go that far.  Looks like he either had a glitch in his step or he just didn’t respect bells speed.

• Anonymous

Inactive

i wouldn't go that far.  Looks like he either had a glitch in his step or he just didn't respect bells speed.

He never looked back once.

• Anonymous

Inactive

sure, because he knew he was beat and bell wasn’t slowing down.  What’s the point on looking back if you can tell from the WR the ball is thrown well?

• Anonymous

Inactive

sure, because he knew he was beat and bell wasn't slowing down.  What's the point on looking back if you can tell from the WR the ball is thrown well?

He may have known he was beat, so why not take a quick look back, to see if the ball was underthrown, and then he has a pick. He let Afro Thunder play him, instead of him playing the ball.

• Anonymous

Inactive

He may have known he was beat, so why not take a quick look back, to see if the ball was underthrown, and then he has a pick. He let Afro Thunder play him, instead of him playing the ball.

if bell isn’t slowing down , why would a dB think the ball is underthrown?He let bell beat him, and had no chance to play the ball.

• Anonymous

Inactive

if bell isn't slowing down , why would a dB think the ball is underthrown?He let bell beat him, and had no chance to play the ball.

The vet WR's do that all the time. Bait the rook, then stop on a dime to either snag the underthrown ball, or let the DB run over them to get the PI call.

• Anonymous

Inactive

When you turn to locate the ball you lose speed so to really look back you to already not be beat

• Anonymous

Inactive

When you turn to locate the ball you lose speed so to really look back you to already not be beat

They all look back, its doing it at the right time that is important. They read the WR's eyes and at the exact right time, turn.  This cat Robinson never looked back once, from what I could tell.

• Anonymous

Inactive

When you are beat by 5 yards there is no need to look back AJ. You look back if you have good coverage and you are trying to locate the ball to make a play. This is just one play in a practice session. I wouldn't make too much out of this one singular play. The best players to ever play the game all had at least 1 bad practice rep.

• Anonymous

Inactive

When you are beat by 5 yards there is no need to look back AJ. You look back if you have good coverage and you are trying to locate the ball to make a play.

Why not look back if you are beat by 5 yards, might as well. Your only hope is, its a wounded duck. And he did have decent coverage, never looked back. So I guess we agree on that part.

• Anonymous

Inactive

When you are beat by 5 yards there is no need to look back AJ. You look back if you have good coverage and you are trying to locate the ball to make a play.

Why not look back if you are beat by 5 yards, might as well. Your only hope is, its a wounded duck. And he did have decent coverage, never looked back. So I guess we agree on that part.

Qbs HATE CBs who eyeball them.If you can combine close coverage- with that.. You pretty much have revis.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.