Viewing 10 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Sam Montgomery's arrest leads to suspension of SC state trooperBy Will Brinson | NFL Writer  CBS SportsJuly 1, 2014      11:49 pm ETsam_zps96024b12.pngBengals defensive end Sam Montgomery was arrested for speeding less than a week ago.Video of that arrest surfaced via a FOI request from the Index Journal and, as The Big Lead notes, it's disturbing. (Watch below.)In the video, Montgomery is pulled over by a South Carolina State Trooper. He complies with the trooper's requests by getting out of the car but while putting his hands above his head -- the cop is telling him he's "under arrest" which seems odd for a speeding charge -- the cop informs Montgomery if he doesn't listen "the next thing you're going to get is the Taser.""Whoa," Montgomery said in response. "I'm not trying to cause problems."South Carolina Highway Patrol Lance Cpl. R.S. Salter has since been suspended.According to the Department of Public Safety, the trooper was within the law to arrest Montgomery for exceeding 25 mph over the speed limit. However he lacked "professionalism.""Salter's behavior during the traffic stop of Mr. Montgomery was not representative of professionalism displayed by our troopers and officers every day around the state," the department said in a statement.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ4mR__w7HE&feature=player_embedded

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A lot of bad cop videos are popping up all over the place. I mean…waaaay more than what I am used to seeing. I know a few salty, turd for brain cops in my town. This place in general has a corrupt PD. Local idiot kids who could barely  pass class are out there "protecting" us. Not all PD are bad. It's a shame that a group of bad ones really tarnishes the trust people have for them. People are more and more distrusting of police these days. And IMO, for good reason.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sad stuff

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Classic case of DWB (Driving while Black). Blacks have complained for years with no recourse, now technology is showing the truth. Is it racism, probably yes but it’s also punks with guns who, if confronted in an open environment would piss their pants an cower. Amazing what a badge, gun and taser can do for your testosterone level.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

That's a mighty springy jump to conclusions mat you've got there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What is he driving with those swing up doors?  He was definitely hauling ass, but big deal. He got arrested and the car towed for that?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

…His mom was allowed to came and get the car IIRC, but other than that I agree.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Classic case of DWB (Driving while Black). Blacks have complained for years with no recourse, now technology is showing the truth. Is it racism, probably yes but it's also punks with guns who, if confronted in an open environment would piss their pants an cower. Amazing what a badge, gun and taser can do for your testosterone level.

Upon what are you basing that? Apart from your own prejudices that is.Ever thought that the guy may have been a mite intimidated when a 6'4' 270lb guy stepped out the car?Now it seems the cop was a little bit "zealous" and that seems to be in the process of being addressed, but to jump straight in with that racist thing is a bit premature to put it mildly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

...His mom was allowed to came and get the car IIRC, but other than that I agree.

Oh ok, thanks. I hadn't heard that, but hope its true.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Classic case of DWB (Driving while Black). Blacks have complained for years with no recourse, now technology is showing the truth. Is it racism, probably yes but it's also punks with guns who, if confronted in an open environment would piss their pants an cower. Amazing what a badge, gun and taser can do for your testosterone level.

Upon what are you basing that? Apart from your own prejudices that is.Ever thought that the guy may have been a mite intimidated when a 6'4' 270lb guy stepped out the car?Now it seems the cop was a little bit "zealous" and that seems to be in the process of being addressed, but to jump straight in with that racist thing is a bit premature to put it mildly.

That trooper "jumped straight in" with his attitude.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

...His mom was allowed to came and get the car IIRC, but other than that I agree.

Oh ok, thanks. I hadn't heard that, but hope its true.

Watch the video, its all there.

Please wait…

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.