The NFL Updated Their National Anthem And Protest Policy

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 342 total)
  • Author
    RudeGuy
    Participant

ISLAND BUCS
    May 24, 18 at 1:11 am #1085267
    Standing during the anthem is symbolic.

One way to actually help black people is to provide education for those who can’t afford it.

Have ad campaigns that make education a treasured accomplishment in the black community.

If not higher education then a trade school.

These are wonderful proactive steps for better paying employment. We in the Hispanic community have been taking such steps for years. I have seen it work. This however is a different platform from the kneeling players if I’m not mistaken.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

buccnation
    Participant

I guess Steve Kerr doesn’t like the policy in the NBA either? Pretty sure the NBA requires everybody to stand.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Timbuc2
    Participant

Justin
    May 23, 18 at 6:18 pm #1085207
    Two things that should never be disrespected are veterans and the flag. Kneeling during the anthem is very disrespectful to both and I put it in the same category as flag burning. If you want to take a stand on something there is a million different peaceful ways to make a difference.

People are more tolerant to flag burning than kneeling! Imagine that…

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    The Anti-Java
    Participant

Godwin asked about the anthem subject.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    The Anti-Java
    Participant

Koetter on the subject

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    The Anti-Java
    Participant

Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
    3m3 minutes ago
    Deshaun Watson and Carson Wentz try to return from knee injuries, Andrew Luck from a shoulder injury, Kirk Cousins debuts for Vikings and Jon Gruden returns to Oakland…yet the biggest week 1 storyline is shaping up to be who stands for anthem and who stays in locker room.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    obuc
    Participant

I am not a Trump guy at all but I dont see the big deal here. Protest? Sure, why not but while you are clocked in at work? A business has a right to project an image of uniformity if they want. They are paying you for your 3 hours there. Those 3 hours are not yours. If you want to make a statement, then turn in your paycheck, go sit in the stands and sit for the anthem. Afterwards, use your celebrity to make some noise but on that Sunday afternoon, you are a part of a package someone is selling.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    DonkeyHunter
    Participant

Since a certain part of the fan base is triggered and offended over the supposed lack of respect towards the military, country, anthem, etc.; we should go all out to make sure the anthem gets the most attention and respect possible.

All beer, food, and retail vendors should be shut down 15 minutes prior to the anthem, until its conclusion. Stadium wifi should be temporarily suspended during this time as well.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    GottaJaboo
    Blocked

@DH – This is a great point.

I don’t want to come off as someone that doesn’t respect the Military, as I certainly do. I just no bullshit when I hear it. This was completed motivated by the “I’m going to out-freedom you” alt right set, that has come into vogue since Trump fanned the flames of the government tit sucking slim shadys and their need to hate. It’s a lousy look.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M - "coaching can’t fix this".

ryan24
    Participant

Please do explain because the other pro sports leagues are not having an issue with more restrictive policies.

The other sports dealt with this issue long ago. The NFL, by not conferring and getting a buy in from the players union just set this upcoming season up as one with further discord with the union in addition to every network and media outlet taking a roll call of who’s on the field, who is not and who’s kneeling.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    ryan24
    Participant

All beer, food, and retail vendors should be shut down 15 minutes prior to the anthem, until its conclusion. Stadium wifi should be temporarily suspended during this time as well.

One of the owners mentioned that his team will be doing this going forward (closing concessions during the anthem).

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    buccnation
    Participant

@gottajaboo imo it’s not about Trump. It’s more about the bottom line.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    GottaJaboo
    Blocked

@Buccnation – I guess my point is, this wouldn’t be such a thing if Mr divisive wasn’t in the oval office.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M - "coaching can’t fix this".

ranman
    Participant

A lot of valid posts on this topic. Since we are all different in our backgrounds, beliefs, and skin color, I don’t think we will be united in how we view this. It just further makes the NFL look like idiots by kicking the can last year and then coming out with a watered down policy this year. Oh well – can’t wait until August…

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    PassThePigSkin
    Participant

Should we do away with confederate flags? That is s huge slap in the face to the American flag since we are all patriotic.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 342 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.