The NFL Updated Their National Anthem And Protest Policy

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 342 total)
  • Author
    Lord Jameis Christ
    Participant

@Justin if the announcer asked everyone to put on a hat, would hat wearing suddenly be a sign of respect? Does the Pope keep his official hat on? Sounds to me like a bunch of crap that someone made up.

And no, none of my coaches punished anyone that stood instead of taking a knee. Talking while he was talking got you called out because that’s something that is actually disrespectful.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Lord Jameis Christ
    Participant

@Island Bucs the players aren’t protesting the economic conditions of black people. They are protesting the fact that police murder unarmed people and get away with it.

They protest at work during the anthem because millions of eyes are watching and the ESPN guys start talking about it. Why the anthem? Because neither Obama or Trump have done sht to mitigate police killings, but Trump will whine and moan and demand harsh punishment when a police officer gets killed by a citizen.

Or as @potus would tweet, #unfair! #sad!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    TheChronicHotAir
    Participant

Bow and kiss Trump’s ring.

Thank you Trump for not being Barack huisein allah snackbar al’bergdahl-bagdahti Obama.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Brooks Dunn-Winston
    Participant

We should ban the national anthem during all games. It’s a goddamn football game for god sakes. Why all this phony, pro-military, jingoistic patriotic nonsense during a game?

Anyone with an independent mind would NOT be pro-military. I support the troops and I empathize with their plight. They’ve all been lied to. If you really supported the troops you would bring them all home. If not, your’e just a phony lying sack of shit. Fuck the president and fuck the military leadership.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Jed
    Participant

GottaJaboo
    May 24, 18 at 4:27 pm #1085362

@buccnation
    – I guess my point is, this wouldn’t be such a thing if Mr divisive wasn’t in the oval office.

Obama or Trump? They are both divisive. Depends on what side of the fence you are on.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Jed
    Participant

Brooks Dunn-Winston
    May 24, 18 at 7:35 pm #1085387
    We should ban the national anthem during all games. It’s a goddamn football game for god sakes. Why all this phony, pro-military, jingoistic patriotic nonsense during a game?

Anyone with an independent mind would NOT be pro-military. I support the troops and I empathize with their plight. They’ve all been lied to. If you really supported the troops you would bring them all home. If not, your’e just a phony lying sack of shit. Fuck the president and fuck the military leadership.

And just like that 25 countries would be nuclear. Great plan.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    NotDeadYet
    Participant

Players are no longer required to stand on the field for the National Anthem. That is how it was up until a few years ago. Can’t get much more fair than that…

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    The Anti-Java
    Participant

“The players … I would say, they’re more confused by the move than anything,” Bucs player rep Ali Marpet said.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Everyone should read the Constitutions first Amendment.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Jed
    Participant

The Anti-Java
    May 24, 18 at 8:01 pm #1085394
    “The players … I would say, they’re more confused by the move than anything,” Bucs player rep Ali Marpet said.

Great! One more thing our confused offensive line needs to worry about before a game.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Jed
    Participant

Skipper
    May 24, 18 at 8:05 pm #1085396
    Everyone should read the Constitutions first Amendment.

Does not apply to the workplace.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Brooks Dunn-Winston
    Participant

@ And just like that 25 countries would be nuclear. Great plan.

So our imperialistic overreach is really just our global duty to keep the world free from nuclear weapons. Wow. You’re drowning in the kool-aide.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My over-under was 9 pages… it’s looking closer to 13 now. Any takers?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Timbuc2
    Participant

If it were Tom Brady taking a knee for police killings, would there be all of this?

Would it be said that he was disrespecting the flag?

I bet the first comment from the league and trump would be, “we need to look into
    what is troubling Tom!”

What’s next, we have to stay in our houses, because we don’t conform to certain thoughts of others.

You are damn right, if disrespecting the flag means so much to the NFL, fans, and the President
    they should shut down the concession stands and bathrooms while the anthem is being played.

This is so damn hypocritical it’s sickening. We wonder why people are doing stupid shit and mass
    murdering in this country. We as adults don’t even care that kids are looking at this crap, that’s
    the bad part.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    buccnation
    Participant

Don’t care that kids are looking at what? How does this have anything to do with the mass shootings and school shootings?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 342 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.