Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 129 reply threads

• Author

• TomRiddle

Participant

The Official General Manager and Coach Search Thread.Who's coming in?Feel free to speculate about the GM and Coach. Also Use this thread for GM and Coaches who come in for Interviews.

Lovie Smithlovie-chargers-1_1.jpg84 Wins, 66 Losses1 Superbowl Appearance3 Division TitlesLovie Smith has been tied to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coaching vacancy. Rumors are that he may bring in Marinelli as the defensive coordinator. Jeff Tedford, a former University of California coach who helped mentor Aaron Rodgers is a favorite to potentially follow Lovie. For those unfamiliar, Lovie served with the Buccaneers as an assistant under Monte Kiffin. Many great coaches have had similar roots, Tomlin and Edwards come to mind.Link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000307195/article/lovie-smith-a-strong-candidate-for-buccaneers-job

Gary Kubiak1383676732000-USP-NFL-Houston-Texans-at-Kansas-City-Chiefs.jpg63 Wins, 66 Losses2 Division TitlesAs an assistant, Kubiak has been a part of 3 super bowl winning teams, but unfortunately has not had as much luck as a head coach. The struggling head coach had a TIA which caused his physical collapse midseason during a game, just prior to half-time, in which Wade Phillips took over for the Texans. He was fired shortly after. Kubiak is believed to be drawing interest from Tampa for the Head Coaching vacancy. Will his career sub .500 record or health concerns keep him away? We shall see.Link: http://thepewterplank.com/2013/12/30/report-tampa-bay-buccaneers-interested-former-texans-coach-gary-kubiak/

• Anonymous

Inactive

GM first makes the most sense. Hopefully the Glazers have learned to get the top guy in first and let him hire who he wants. Unless they really want O’Brien.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Watching NFL Networking and they discussed possibly hiring a Coach first and GM afterwards, meaning the Coach would have more say on personnel etc.

• Anonymous

Inactive

GM- Bill PolianHC-Mark Helfrichboom!!!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Watching NFL Networking and they discussed possibly hiring a Coach first and GM afterwards, meaning the Coach would have more say on personnel etc.

Never like this, coaches coach and focus on short term issues, GM's are your long range planners.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Never like this, coaches coach and focus on short term issues, GM's are your long range planners.

agreed

• Anonymous

Inactive

I also agree. I heard they might bring in Lovie, not sure if they’re serious or if it’s to satisfy the Rooney rule.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I also agree. I heard they might bring in Lovie, not sure if they're serious or if it's to satisfy the Rooney rule.

Probably both.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good thread to start – should be a sticky (3SK)I want an experienced offensive minded head coach.  GM is a toss up...

• Anonymous

Inactive

GM or “czar” should come first

• Anonymous

Inactive

Never mind the coach and GM search…is Sully & Bill S. gone? What about Butch Davis? WHAT DOES HE EVEN DO HERE?! :o

• Anonymous

Inactive

Off Season is going to be exciting.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the Glazers want Shanahan. They are looking for a huge, splash signing. Shanahan, Cowher, Lovie. They want a winner who has name recognition.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope they bring in Greg Roman in for an Interview.

• Anonymous

Inactive

any chance the Glazers hire Butch Davis at GM?

• Anonymous

Inactive

#FireTheNextGuy

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Ken Wisenhunt should get a long look…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Definitely like the interviewing of Wisenhunt…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seach, what’s that?

• Anonymous

Inactive

A good practice to use this as a jumping off point but it's not always the most prudent approach. Ideally the Glazers already have a GM replacement in mind.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the Glazers want Shanahan. They are looking for a huge, splash signing. Shanahan, Cowher, Lovie. They want a winner who has name recognition.

Hell no!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seach, what's that?

Agree. I think its time for a team president. Pay one extra salary and have a proven person run the show from the top

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fox Sports mentioned that regardless of where Lovie goes he has already reached out to Hue Jackson & Mike Mularkey. Wouldn’t mind it at all but I’d rather us go GM then coach.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seach, what's that?

Fixed.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey Tom, Stickied this one. I might update the Original post from time to time until we’ve got a coach.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sounds like a plan, thanks.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rick Stroud ?@NFLSTROUDFormer Bears coach Lovie Smith will be considered for several coaching openings but those close to him say he's very interested in Bucs job.

• Anonymous

Inactive

any chance the Glazers hire Butch Davis at GM?

If they buy out his NC contract which is about $2 million then sure. Otherwise Davis can't coach in the NFL without losing money.

• Anonymous

Inactive

• Anonymous

Inactive

@AdamSchefter: Former Bears HC Lovie Smith is considered the favorite for the Buccaneers HC job, based on multiple league sources.m.twitter.com/AdamSchefter

• Anonymous

Inactive

@AdamSchefter: Former Bears HC Lovie Smith is considered the favorite for the Buccaneers HC job, based on multiple league sources.m.twitter.com/AdamSchefter

I'm not gonna feed into these speculations, its obviously the easiest to report. These were the same guys with the same sources telling us that Schiano was safe before the game.

• Anonymous

Inactive

so does our non-existent GM agree with this pick?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ian Rapport hearing Angelo may return to Tampa with Lovie

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ian Rapport hearing Angelo may return to Tampa with Lovie

Bears South!

• Anonymous

Inactive

oh dear…

• Anonymous

Inactive

well, they could hire Charlie Sheen and I’d still be more optimistic than a MD/Schiano team

• Anonymous

Inactive

well, they could hire Charlie Sheen and I'd still be more optimistic than a MD/Schiano team

WINNING!

• Anonymous

Inactive

“Well, I drafted Sammy Watkins at 7 because of his tiger blood”…………. eh? anyone?

• Anonymous

Inactive

"Well, I drafted Sammy Watkins at 7 because of his tiger blood"............. eh? anyone?

Well done.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie has had some solid NFL seasons.I think pairing him with a talented OC is a must though.I don't want Mike Tice or Mike Martz calling plays.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Smith comes, so might Marinelli

• Anonymous

Inactive