Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 23 reply threads

• Author

• SackedBySapp

Participant

until week #1…"everyone is doing great.""everyone is melding.""camp is fantastic.""the team is coming together.""the new guys are looking good.""Winston looks amazing.""we're going to have a much better season.""this team will be ready.""the bucs (or add your favorite team here) will turn heads and impress."Blah, Blah, Blah........  start the season already......I cannot take another happy spin machine media report..... they are really working over-time at the usual sports rags......churning out the pabulum.... soooo sick of reading/hearing/watching this regurgitated "news".... week one cannot come soon enough.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Also… It rains in Tampa during the summer months.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

It never rains in California………but girl don’t they warn ya…..it pours…..man in pours

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

poor guy doesnt like optimism?  what a shame.  why even come back to your computer?  just take another vacation.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

poor guy doesnt like optimism?  what a shame.  why even come back to your computer?  just take another vacation.

does everything here go over your head?....... wait.........don't answer

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

until week #1..."everyone is doing great.""everyone is melding.""camp is fantastic.""the team is coming together.""the new guys are looking good.""Winston looks amazing.""we're going to have a much better season.""this team will be ready.""the bucs (or add your favorite team here) will turn heads and impress."Blah, Blah, Blah........  start the season already......I cannot take another happy spin machine media report..... they are really working over-time at the usual sports rags......churning out the pabulum.... soooo sick of reading/hearing/watching this regurgitated "news".... week one cannot come soon enough.

I wrote about the same thing in another thread and got stones thrown at me for it. No one hopes the type is truer than this guy, but I have fallen for this way too many times to start believing it right now. The biggest problem I have is I feel like I have to take PR's articles and analysis with a grain of salt because they have been so wrong on these things lately (see Josh Freeman, Josh McCown, Mark Dominick, etc.). They also were super bias on there Winston reporting/campaigning, so now I have to wonder if they are going to exaggerate his sucessess and make excuses for his shortcomings. For the record, I hope the hype turns out to be true. That would be fantastic and a pleasant surprise.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

it’s not even about being right or wrong…..it’s just how the media (for the most part) lazily drops safe feel good crap…doing nothing more than parroting itself.  not many outlets go deep these days……no pun intended.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Not really much substance to write about in the offseason post-draft except projections.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Beat writers being upbeat in the preseason? The horror!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If they over-hype them now, it's easier to trash them in November...

Please wait…

• vlagatta

do us all a favor and get back to posting laser-cat vids on youtube.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sick burn.  What’s a laser cat?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sick burn.  What's a laser cat?

Is that what Dr. Evil used when he ran out of ill tempered Sea Bass?  (after being told that he didn't have any sharks with lasers on their heads)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not really much substance to write about in the offseason post-draft except projections.

I understand that to an extent. But isn't there job to find these things? For example why haven't I seen any comments from Logan Mankins on the Deflate Gate scandal? I, like many of you, am sick of hearing about it, but I can't figure out for the life of me how none of the PR guys or local newspapers have asked him about this. Also, I would love to know what single piece of advice could Mankins give Winston based on his playing experience with Tom Brady.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I understand that to an extent. But isn't there job to find these things? For example why haven't I seen any comments from Logan Mankins on the Deflate Gate scandal? I, like many of you, am sick of hearing about it, but I can't figure out for the life of me how none of the PR guys or local newspapers have asked him about this. Also, I would love to know what single piece of advice could Mankins give Winston based on his playing experience with Tom Brady.

haha, you just gave SR possibly two topics for his Fab5

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

until week #1..."everyone is doing great.""everyone is melding.""camp is fantastic.""the team is coming together.""the new guys are looking good.""Winston looks amazing.""we're going to have a much better season.""this team will be ready.""the bucs (or add your favorite team here) will turn heads and impress."Blah, Blah, Blah........  start the season already......I cannot take another happy spin machine media report..... they are really working over-time at the usual sports rags......churning out the pabulum.... soooo sick of reading/hearing/watching this regurgitated "news".... week one cannot come soon enough.

YA

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wrote about the same thing in another thread and got stones thrown at me for it. No one hopes the type is truer than this guy, but I have fallen for this way too many times to start believing it right now. The biggest problem I have is I feel like I have to take PR's articles and analysis with a grain of salt because they have been so wrong on these things lately (see Josh Freeman, Josh McCown, Mark Dominick, etc.). They also were super bias on there Winston reporting/campaigning, so now I have to wonder if they are going to exaggerate his sucessess and make excuses for his shortcomings. For the record, I hope the hype turns out to be true. That would be fantastic and a pleasant surprise.

Bias? Lol. Try facts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nah, pr isnt “covering” for him.In fact, i bet a lot of the stuff that was typed up was cringe worthy in pr eyes.Im absolutely positive they would much rather type up about winston having the offseason that mariota is having. Not that he's better or worse, but because all media loves hype, and with a guy thowing picks, there isnt as much as they would like.They touted him, no doubt about that. Fsu love and all.They aren't however, doctoring up anything. From what ive read, they are about where everyone else is.. in a 50-50 type grey area. Which obviouslu mean they arent making things look better than they are.You can accuse the tits groups of that, maybe, but not pr post-draft. They have been relatively honest.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nah, pr isnt "covering" for him.In fact, i bet a lot of the stuff that was typed up was cringe worthy in pr eyes.Im absolutely positive they would much rather type up about winston having the offseason that mariota is having. Not that he's better or worse, but because all media loves hype, and with a guy thowing picks, there isnt as much as they would like.They touted him, no doubt about that. Fsu love and all.They aren't however, doctoring up anything. From what ive read, they are about where everyone else is.. in a 50-50 type grey area. Which obviouslu mean they arent making things look better than they are.You can accuse the tits groups of that, maybe, but not pr post-draft. They have been relatively honest.

He is fair game, like everyone else. If he sucks we will write it. We were nearly certain it was going to be Winston prior to the draft, but now that he is here we start back at square one. Prove it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nah, pr isnt "covering" for him.In fact, i bet a lot of the stuff that was typed up was cringe worthy in pr eyes.Im absolutely positive they would much rather type up about winston having the offseason that mariota is having. Not that he's better or worse, but because all media loves hype, and with a guy thowing picks, there isnt as much as they would like.They touted him, no doubt about that. Fsu love and all.They aren't however, doctoring up anything. From what ive read, they are about where everyone else is.. in a 50-50 type grey area. Which obviouslu mean they arent making things look better than they are.You can accuse the tits groups of that, maybe, but not pr post-draft. They have been relatively honest.

He is fair game, like everyone else. If he sucks we will write it. We were nearly certain it was going to be Winston prior to the draft, but now that he is here we start back at square one. Prove it.

Thats about as fair as a human can be.At least you're not going all bp1 on this guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All optimism ends on Saturday night when this sieve Licht/Lovie call an O-line makes its first appearance against guys wearing different uniforms.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

History tells us that as a Buc fan, June-August is the only time I can feel overly optimistic and excited. The regular season is full of misery and despair.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It never rains in California.........but girl don't they warn ya.....it pours.....man in pours

+1 Love that song. Has nothing at all to do with the Bucs because it came out pre-Bucs but I think sometimes the same writers who bash us needlessly think we stunk when in fact we weren’t around. Winning in a 10-team league, or even 20, was a lot easier than 32.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

WELL DONE............#TOTALBALLER

Please wait…

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.