Viewing 39 reply threads

• Author

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

The Bucs are going to be a run dominant offensive unit running between the tackles but also perimeter runs.  They will utilize Martin’s ability for cut back opportunities and also utilize his skill sets on screens on the outside.  Rainey will be used on counters, draws, and delay handoffs while James will be the power ISO runner.  Wright and Myers will be used in bunch formations and 2 minute/red zone offense to create mismatches against undersized nickel CB’s.  Hawkins will be used often for bubble screens while Jackson/Murphy will handle downfield go and post routes.  The offense is missing another speed WR that can run go routes on the outside when Vincent Jackson shifts into the slot since Tiquan Underwood is no longer with the team and I don’t feel Owusu is suited for this role. The offense is also missing a guard or 2 to make this run oriented offense go IMO, especially since they don’t have a starting RG unless Meredith is it (wouldn’t surprise me).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We definitely need to draft at least 1 guard…. at the very least, for insurance in case Nicks can’t go.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

WR, OG,DE in the first three rounds. Seems pretty obvious. The kid from SMU for the future QB in the fifth, then possibly a linebacker and OL to finish.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree on everything but the qb ^ I know we’ve looked at him but ugh…. We can do better, even in the late rounds.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Offense will be bad.I can see it already.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs are going to be a run dominant offensive unit running between the tackles but also perimeter runs.  They will utilize Martin's ability for cut back opportunities and also utilize his skill sets on screens on the outside.  Rainey will be used on counters, draws, and delay handoffs while James will be the power ISO runner.  Wright and Myers will be used in bunch formations and 2 minute/red zone offense to create mismatches against undersized nickel CB's.  Hawkins will be used often for bubble screens while Jackson/Murphy will handle downfield go and post routes.  The offense is missing another speed WR that can run go routes on the outside when Vincent Jackson shifts into the slot since Tiquan Underwood is no longer with the team and I don't feel Owusu is suited for this role. The offense is also missing a guard or 2 to make this run oriented offense go IMO, especially since they don't have a starting RG unless Meredith is it (wouldn't surprise me).

I'd be very surprised if Rainey saw the field outside of STs or injury.  And I think it's a poor bet that Ford and Hawkins are our #2 and #3

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Actually I think Murphy is the #2 with Hawkins as the #3.Page/Owusu battle it out for #4.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Actually I think Murphy is the #2 with Hawkins as the #3.Page/Owusu battle it out for #4.

Whoops, meant Murphy, not Ford.  I'd be pretty surprised if we don't add another WR to push one or both down the DC before the season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whoops, meant Murphy, not Ford.  I'd be pretty surprised if we don't add another WR to push one or both down the DC before the season.

I agree because ideally Murphy is a slot guy with Hawkins coming off the bench for 4/5 WR packages.  I wouldn't be opposed the Bucs signing Maclin and drafting a WR though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d be happy with a combination of a WR, Qb of the future, 2 guards and a couple udfa WRs

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Full back isn’t going to be that important for Tedford’s offense IMO.But Myers is probably the H-back though but I think the Bucs can draft a better H back.  I can see an UDFA beating out Owusu but I think the top four are set (Jackson, Murphy, Hawkins, Page) unless the Bucs draft a WR in rounds 1-3 or they sign a WR like Maclin.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dave, its the beginning of APRIL...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not much more can really be done to make the offense a gradient better.Draft is going to bring in rooks, and maybe two or three will be starters.  There are more than two or three holes on offense, on the team in general.  I get it is a rebuild, I trust Lovie (not his offense), but I cannot stand the though of yet ANOTHER ho-hum drab year that gets nothing done. And then we wait anxiously for the next year to happen...I just want to go in feeling decent about the team.I didn't Rah's first year.I didn't Schiano's first year.And I don't think Lovie's first year is going to be smooth sailing either.Go Bucs!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think your guys plan sucks. Draft Watkins, Evans, or my sleeper Beckham Jr. Draft another TE. If Murphy is our #2, I’ll puke. Bucs are going to depend on the running game, but whether or not we contend for the division is going to come down to if McCown can play at the same level he did last year for Chicago.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I love it. Yeah, settle down everyone, plenty of time. No need to be worried. Here are a few lists for you as you seem confused as what the limiting factors are.WR FA availability: 1 of top 10 WR are currently left (Santonio Holmes who had 23 catches for 456 yards in 11 games)OG FA availability: 4 of top 10 Guards are left as follows          -Travelle Wharton will be 33 when the season begins          - Brian Waters who is 37          - Uche nwaneri who will be 31 when the season starts          - Davin Joseph who considering is the 4th best guard available should say something about the group in general.TE FA Availability: 2 of top 10 (Jermichael Finely and Dustin Keller)So  we have major holes at WR  and in all likelyhood two startng caliber guards, as well as a starting TE as Myers and Wright are both good pass catchers can can't run block to save their lives and last time I checked this was going to be a run centered offense. So my dear Bschucher, you can now easily see that it is not a matter of time but rather a matter of very little talent left. The FA market is dried up at WR, a few old and broken down guards are available and Jermichael Finely is hardly the answer at TE. That leaves us with the draft. While we may be able to fill a couple holes with the draft, rookies cannot be consistently counted on. So guys like myself and Boid who are concerned about where the talent is going to come from are justifed. So when I complain about Mike being let go, it isn't about mike. It's about his talent and how it'll be replaced and what else will be sacrificed in an attempt to replace it. My .02.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hopefully Tedford’s system will be like the Saints; the WHOLE being better than the sum of it’s parts… When the RIGHT plays are called to favor matchups and guys run the CORRECT routes and the QB can read defenses and get the ball in the right guys hands, amazing things happen… And it all starts up front; blocking simply HAS to improve; we were among the worst blocking teams last year; just pitiful!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs will use Maneri as a blocking TE but Tedford will emphasize a lot of 3 WR sets.To me guard had to be addressed for the offense to function at an average level. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Personally, I think the Bucs are much more likely to draft a TE in rounds 1-3 than a Guard, but just me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs are going to be a run dominant offensive unit running between the tackles but also perimeter runs.  They will utilize Martin's ability for cut back opportunities and also utilize his skill sets on screens on the outside.  Rainey will be used on counters, draws, and delay handoffs while James will be the power ISO runner.  Wright and Myers will be used in bunch formations and 2 minute/red zone offense to create mismatches against undersized nickel CB's.  Hawkins will be used often for bubble screens while Jackson/Murphy will handle downfield go and post routes.  The offense is missing another speed WR that can run go routes on the outside when Vincent Jackson shifts into the slot since Tiquan Underwood is no longer with the team and I don't feel Owusu is suited for this role. The offense is also missing a guard or 2 to make this run oriented offense go IMO, especially since they don't have a starting RG unless Meredith is it (wouldn't surprise me).

sounds good to me. Draft Donald-Cooks-OG.  Finish the draft with one of the injured guards and colt lylerla.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The offense is not looking pretty. But the way we went about this off-season we could add some fresh legs to that side of the ball. Draft a QB, WR, and G and we should be good to go.

Please wait…

• fredreg

Participant

I think might be a mix of both run n pass..maybe slightly more run..could go multiple formation types like dual te set or split or I form, 3 back set and 3 receiver. it just comd down to what kind of playrs they get in draft (especially on o-line)…I think offense very capable too

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Full back isn't going to be that important for Tedford's offense IMO.

Currently they have listedJosh Baker as a FB/TEand Lonnie Pryor as a FB/RB

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Full back isn't going to be that important for Tedford's offense IMO.

Currently they have listedJosh Baker as a FB/TEand Lonnie Pryor as a FB/RB

Baker is pretty much the H-back and Pryor will be used in certain situations but this explains a lot as to why the Bucs didn't re-sign Lorig.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I love it. Yeah, settle down everyone, plenty of time. No need to be worried. Here are a few lists for you as you seem confused as what the limiting factors are.WR FA availability: 1 of top 10 WR are currently left (Santonio Holmes who had 23 catches for 456 yards in 11 games)OG FA availability: 4 of top 10 Guards are left as follows          -Travelle Wharton will be 33 when the season begins          - Brian Waters who is 37          - Uche nwaneri who will be 31 when the season starts          - Davin Joseph who considering is the 4th best guard available should say something about the group in general.TE FA Availability: 2 of top 10 (Jermichael Finely and Dustin Keller)So  we have major holes at WR  and in all likelyhood two startng caliber guards, as well as a starting TE as Myers and Wright are both good pass catchers can can't run block to save their lives and last time I checked this was going to be a run centered offense. So my dear Bschucher, you can now easily see that it is not a matter of time but rather a matter of very little talent left. The FA market is dried up at WR, a few old and broken down guards are available and Jermichael Finely is hardly the answer at TE. That leaves us with the draft. While we may be able to fill a couple holes with the draft, rookies cannot be consistently counted on. So guys like myself and Boid who are concerned about where the talent is going to come from are justifed. So when I complain about Mike being let go, it isn't about mike. It's about his talent and how it'll be replaced and what else will be sacrificed in an attempt to replace it. My .02.

Glad I didn't have to type this out on my iPhone....Murphy is a #4, we still need a starting guard, slot/speed WR, QB, OL depth.....and now let's dump MW and add a #2 reciever to the growing pile of needs. That's 3 starters in this draft. WR2, WR3, G.....so much for Manziel or drafting BPA.....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You premise regarding Williams assumes that he wouldve been in a state (mentally it appears) to produce. His off-field antics thus far gave the coaching staff the feeling that his talent would not have been available or, at the very least, reliable. So, if that were the case, we'd be in the same situation. Mike was a roll of the dice. Period. So, instead of getting angry at the staff and front office, why aren't people angry at Williams for putting the team in a situation like this?That said, there are guys in the draft who can contribute. Especially guys like Watkins and Evans. With sound coaching, the probability that they are immediate contributors only increases. That's why I am waiting for the draft before I freak out. Regarding the O-line, remember, there will be a second wave of free agents coming after the draft and a third as we approach training camp. It's not ideal, but it is reality and it's something that nearly every team in the league has to deal with, not just the Bucs. Everyone needs to settle down. It's April.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep; the plan is to get our STARS from the draft, which is ~30 days from now…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Full back isn't going to be that important for Tedford's offense IMO.But Myers is probably the H-back though but I think the Bucs can draft a better H back.  I can see an UDFA beating out Owusu but I think the top four are set (Jackson, Murphy, Hawkins, Page) unless the Bucs draft a WR in rounds 1-3 or they sign a WR like Maclin.

Maclin re-signed with the Eagles on a 1 yr deal before FA opened.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks for your input , Chicken Little.sky-is-falling-2.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

L&L have got some nice plans for Rome IMO. Let’s just give them a bit of time to get it built. We won’t win the SB this year. We have not won it the last ten years either. What we can do is get the footers right. Trade back, get some more draft picks for this year and some for next year as well. Draft two WRs, two OG, maybe CB and the best players we can get with the rest of our draft picks. Start getting the parts working together this year. Build more of the long term structure next year. Third year of L&L ROME!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good OP. People may be underestimating Hawkins. If he can keep his head on straight he is a clear upgrade over Kid n Play.He is explosive with the ball in his hands. Would expect to see the bubble screens and quick slants to get the ball in his hands.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unless you are sitting in on the coaches meetings, you know about as much about the Bucs offensive mindset and playbook as a can of paint....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Murphy is a #4, we still need a starting guard, slot/speed WR, QB, OL depth.....and now let's dump MW and add a #2 reciever to the growing pile of needs. That's 3 starters in this draft. WR2, WR3, G.....so much for Manziel or drafting BPA.....

whats the difference between a WR3 and a WR4?  A guard can be found in the 3rd or 5th. Hawkins is a slot speed WR isn’t he? Mccown & glennon are QBs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Per Vjax’s interview…“We’re a couple of days in – I’m just getting into the playbook myself – but I can tell it’s going to be very balanced,” Jackson said. “We’re going to move the ball around a lot. Probably going to be a little more up-tempo and probably change the speed of the game. That’s exciting. That’s fun. That will allow us to dictate more to the defense. We want to be very versatile. We have great running backs, great tight ends and great receivers. We’re definitely going to spread the ball around..."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Per Vjax's interview...“We’re a couple of days in – I’m just getting into the playbook myself – but I can tell it’s going to be very balanced,” Jackson said. “We’re going to move the ball around a lot. Probably going to be a little more up-tempo and probably change the speed of the game. That’s exciting. That’s fun. That will allow us to dictate more to the defense. We want to be very versatile. We have great running backs, great tight ends and great receivers. We’re definitely going to spread the ball around..."

Tedford is going to be one and done unfortunately because he's going to get offered a head coaching gig after this offense blows up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wouldn’t be surprised by an offer…I would be surprised if he took it...  although it is a bizness.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

a big part of the plan for this offense is having the d get turnovers and good ST return play so we have good field position :-)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Per Vjax's interview...“We’re a couple of days in – I’m just getting into the playbook myself – but I can tell it’s going to be very balanced,” Jackson said. “We’re going to move the ball around a lot. Probably going to be a little more up-tempo and probably change the speed of the game. That’s exciting. That’s fun. That will allow us to dictate more to the defense. We want to be very versatile. We have great running backs, great tight ends and great receivers. We’re definitely going to spread the ball around..."

Tedford is going to be one and done unfortunately because he's going to get offered a head coaching gig after this offense blows up.

Don't worry, Lovie will hamstring him with poor personnel decisions and keep him around for a while. Also, I don't believe Tedford wants to be a HC. Look him up during his Cal days. He seems like a guy who loves offense and doesn't care much for the other parts of football.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't worry, Lovie will hamstring him with poor personnel decisions and keep him around for a while.

man, did Lovie pee in your Cheerios or date your sister or something? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unless you are sitting in on the coaches meetings, you know about as much about the Bucs offensive mindset and playbook as a can of paint....

+1.Don't know where the OP is getting this info from lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't worry, Lovie will hamstring him with poor personnel decisions and keep him around for a while.

man, did Lovie pee in your Cheerios or date your sister or something?

No...he is just keeping it realistic....  ::)

Please wait…

Viewing 39 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.