Viewing 19 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

pff_zpsymvdyxw1.pngProFootballFocus.com    Sept 28, 2015Here are the top takeaways and the highest graded players from the TB-HOU game.Tampa Bay Buccaneers– QB Jameis Winston posted his second consecutive positive grade (+0.2), but his accuracy percentage of 60 against the Bucs’ was much closer to the 55.2 percent he had in Week 1 than the 71.4 percent in Week 2. Jameis showed the ability to place the ball right where he needed to at times (for example, with under 12 minutes to go in the first quarter, he delivered a ball to Vincent Jackson right in between two defenders to pick up a first down on second-and-15), but he struggled to do it consistently.– Jameis wasn’t the only player struggling to find consistency in Tampa’s passing attack; WR Mike Evans (-1.7) finished the weekend ranked 82nd among receivers who saw 25 percent or more of their teams’ snaps. He led all receivers with three dropped passes. Evans had just four dropped passes all last season.– LB Lavonte David (+2.1) ranked seventh among 4-3 outside linebackers in Week 3; his six stops tied K.J. Wright for the lead among the position.Top Performers: P Jacob Schum (+4.8DT Gerald McCoy (+2.3)LB Lavonte David (+2.1)DT Clinton McDonald (+1.4)RT Gosder Cherilus (+1.4)CB Sterling Moore (+1.3)Houston Texans – LT Chris Clark (+3.1) bounced back from a poor Week 2 showing (-1.6) to have his best game since the divisional playoff round back in 2013, when he was on the Denver Broncos. He had the fifth-highest grade among all OTs this weekend, and his +2.6 pass-blocking grade was the third-highest.– CB Johnathan Joseph (+3.5) ranked second among all CBs this weekend. Joseph was targeted 12 times, and he allowed just two receptions for 24 yards and had three pass defenses.– QB Ryan Mallett (+1.1) bounced back from a disastrous Week 2 (-7.2) to have the highest-graded game of his career in Week 3. A big reason for his success this week stems from Houston’s use of play action. For the season, Mallett’s completion percentage is 26.9 percent better when he’s throwing from play action. Through the first two weeks of the season, just 9.5 percent of Mallett’s attempts came from play action; in Week 3, 20 percent of his attempts came from play action.Top Performers:P Shane Lechler (+5.5)CB Johnathan Joseph (+3.5)NT Vince Wilfork (+3.3)LT Chris Clark (+3.1)DE J.J. Watt (+3.0)RT Derek Newton (+2.1)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You know it was a bad game when the punters are the highest rated players. It was a suckfest.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I guess that’s better than last year when we laid a stinker and our punter did too!

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

Watt plus3 for the game I don’t get it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Watt plus3 for the game I don't get it.

Superb run defense and 2 QB hits.  What's not to get?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rodgers got -0.8 for a 24/35, 333 yards, 5 TD/0 INT game.https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/09/29/why-aaron-rodgers-earned-a-slightly-negative-grade/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t need no stinkin eyes…I got PFF!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rodgers got -0.8 for a 24/35, 333 yards, 5 TD/0 INT game.https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/09/29/why-aaron-rodgers-earned-a-slightly-negative-grade/

Haha. I think I just hear someone's head explode.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is why their raw stats may be good but their grade is useless.Rodgers gets a negative for throwing a ball that was almost picked off but he does not get a positive for throwing a ball to Cobb that Cobb then runs into the end zone for a TD.They are stupid. Maybe, just maybe Aaron Rodgers actually knows that if he hits Cobb with the ball in that situation that Cobb has the ability to juke out the corner and score a TD.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That was a big topic on talk radio today. The PFF guy even called in. Sam Monson I believe it was.  He insisted it was an average game for Rodgers. The 2 host were ripping him a new one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did Buggsy call in? Or maybe burn down the radio station?This almost tops "Quincy Black is the new Derrick Brooks"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol. That just makes no sense. So Rodgers gets an avg game for making simple throws but Mariota got a huge score the first game for.doing the same thing? PFF is just generating publicity at this point.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There’s a debate on NFLN about who is better between Brady and Rodgers.  Lol. Poor "evil" PFF

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It happens PFF grading system is hit or miss.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It happens PFF grading system is hit or miss.

Hit and miss is correct.  PFF tries to justify Rodgers poor grade due to a dropped interception and a fumble called back by penalty.  So why then was Mallet given a score almost 2 points higher with a +1.1?  Did he not also have a fumble that was called back by penalty and at least one dropped interception? The funny part, which part "hits" and which part "misses" depends entirely on who the poster is and what point they are trying to show us at that time. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

PFF is nice in trying to gauge performances of linemen but when it comes to the skill positions they do a lot of wonky things.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i wonder how PFF scored evans PI early in the game.  do they grade it negative simply because of the flag?  do they grade it neutral because it was a crummy call?  or do they grade it positive because he still caught the ball?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i wonder how PFF scored evans PI early in the game.  do they grade it negative simply because of the flag?  do they grade it neutral because it was a crummy call?  or do they grade it positive because he still caught the ball?

All depends on which person is grading it I suppose.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not 100% sure but I do think they would positively grade Winston, negatively grade Evans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

so none of the most outspoken PFF disciples in this thread? shocking

Please wait…

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.