Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 13 reply threads

• Author

• Darktanian

Participant

QB Zac Thomas Appalachian State…

A year under Brady and this kid could be special.

Zac Thomas to Bucs in the 5th

• Swash

Participant

I could see us going after a quarterback in the later rounds. Don’t know much about this guy, but I will look him up out of curiosity.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Exactly the type of strategy the Bucs should employ. Draft a project to learn under Brady. This kid is a bit small but that’s probably why he’s going in the 5th round.

• Pennywise

Participant

Davis Mills , live arm , quick release , smart with nice size .

• Roy

Participant

Hmm. Learning under Brady….You mean like Rohan Davey, Kliff Kingsbury, Matt Cassel, Kevin O’Connell, Zac Robinson, Ryan Mallett, Jimmy Garoppolo, Jacoby Brissett, Danny Etling and Jarrett Stidham?

That’s the complete list of Patriot quarterbacks drafted during the Brady Era. Brady’s backup quarterback tree is not totally bare, but its a little underwhelming.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Roy.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

You forgot Brian Hoyer

• Jackson Lini

Participant

Here’s a novel idea, work with Tom and ultimately let him chose and groom his potential future successor after Tampa wins the Super Bowl again in 2022! Doesn’t mean he will relinquish his job, just that he would willingly take someone under his wing that he believes could be successful. Who knows, maybe the Bucs can entice Tom to hang around after he is done playing to be a quarterbacks coach so that he can keep his competitive juices flowing. That’s assuming he would be interested, not desire a more demanding coaching position, and most importantly gets permission from Gieselle (not likely)!

• Roy

Participant

Tom Brady is not going to be a quarterbacks coach. Come on. I could see him doing a QB camp ala Gruden. Brady and Bundchen together have a net worth of $600 million. How many QB coaches are worth $600 million? None, and the reason is nobody worth $600 million gets up at 6 AM to fill the coffee pot and wipe the nose of some 5th round rookie career backup, his own history not withstanding. As for what he will do while he’s still playing, I think he’s more concerned with the players who will be on the field rather than the ones holding the clipboard. He wants to win Superbowls. That’s why he’s here, not to mentor the trainees.

I’ve said before that if Brady is going to be involved with the Bucs it will be in the upper management, perhaps as a President of Football Operations or something like that. It could get tricky to carve out a role for him without stepping on Licht’s toes. Licht is not going anywhere anytime soon. Who knows, maybe he will work with the NFL front office. I think he would like to do something with all the football knowledge he has. He could have any TV analyst job he wanted. But getting involved in the day to day coaching grind? I don’t see it.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Roy.

• Jackson Lini

Participant

I agree with what you said. However, we know Brady loves football and the camaraderie and rush that being part of a sports team brings. Maybe he could get that same rush from a front office position. At this stage of his career, money is not a primary driver. However, I don’t think Giselle will want to share Tom again for another 20 years and maybe he won’t either. His kids are still young.

• Darktanian

Participant

I can see Brady collecting more super bowl rings as an OC. I don’t think he’s the type to just ride off into the sunset. I think he moves to the next challenge and conquers it…which I think is as an OC. Then maybe a HC or GM, and then maybe a team owner. JMO.

But back to drafting a QB. The foundational essentials a QB needs in this system is to have high accuracy, and a great touch, capable of dropping a dime. All the wisdom and knowledge can be taught to him as he progresses in experience.

I believe this kid has those essential qualities.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Tom Brady is not going to be a quarterbacks coach. Come on. I could see him doing a QB camp ala Gruden. Brady and Bundchen together have a net worth of $600 million. How many QB coaches are worth $600 million? None, and the reason is nobody worth $600 million gets up at 6 AM to fill the coffee pot and wipe the nose of some 5th round rookie career backup, his own history not withstanding. As for what he will do while he’s still playing, I think he’s more concerned with the players who will be on the field rather than the ones holding the clipboard. He wants to win Superbowls. That’s why he’s here, not to mentor the trainees.

Hmmmm… Brady should have asked for stake in the Bucs, be a part owner. I’d like Brady to stick with the Bucs after his career is done.

• delgreco

Participant

Sam Darnold.

:0)

• obuc

Participant

McKenzie Milton out of UCF. A great QB, short yes, but a football player.

• Biggs3535

Participant

McKenzie Milton out of UCF. A great QB, short yes, but a football player.

He’s not in the draft. The poor bastard will be playing QB for FSU in 2021.

• Detrimental

Participant

Jamie Newman in the 4th or 5th round

• Roy

Participant

I also think Newman would be an interesting pick. He has athleticism. He missed a year from injury and then another because he opted out. So now he needs experience, and I don’t know how he’ll be able to do that on the bench. But nevertheless I think he’s worth a flyer in the 4th.

• Greattimes

Participant

Who or at what position the Bucs concentrate on in the draft depends on how many more Buc’s free agents the Bucs are able to re-sign. If all goes well, the draft can be use to find backups that have the potential to become starters in a couple years. As far as finding a QB in the late rounds, historically that has been a crap shoot.

• Roy

Participant

Hmmmm… Brady should have asked for stake in the Bucs, be a part owner. I’d like Brady to stick with the Bucs after his career is done.

I don’t know. That’s a lot for a guy who has only been here one year. Elway was a Bronco for his whole career, so that’s a little different situation in Denver. But I could see Brady working his way into an Elway type of deal. Problem with that: Jason Licht isn’t going anywhere. This is Lichts team for the foreseeable future. And I don’t think Brady wants to be in charge of a scouting department anyway. So how could you mesh those two together?

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.