Viewing 30 reply threads

• Author

• buccaneer4ever

Participant

Greetings, Bucs fans!I was looking over the schedule for the rest of the year and feel like there's 6 more wins on this schedule. So, here's my list of which games I think are winnable and which I don't think are winnable. What do you think?@ Washington - Winnable@ Atlanta - UnwinnableNYG - UnwinnableDallas - Unwinnable@ Philly - Winnable@ Indianapolis - UnwinnableAtlanta - WinnableNew Orleans - Winnable@ St. Louis - WinnableChicago - Winnable@ Carolina - Unwinnable

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree with you with all but one, which is the Dallas game. I believe Dez and Romo will both still be out by then and from what I have seen of their offense lately, they struggle to score points. As long as the Bucs keep the turnovers down, then they have a real chance in that game imo.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agree on most of those, but when is Romo back? We could catch them with Weeden still.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agree on most of those, but when is Romo back? We could catch them with Weeden still.

Romo will not be eligible to come back until week 11 since he was put on short term IR. Update: Dez will most likely be playing against the Bucs.http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25326119/dez-bryant-expects-to-return-week-7-tony-romo-shooting-for-week-11

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Romo will not be eligible to come back until week 11 since he was put on short term IR. Update: Dez will most likely be playing against the Bucs.http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25326119/dez-bryant-expects-to-return-week-7-tony-romo-shooting-for-week-11

Ok thanks. Hell, we got a shot. I am hoping to see steady improvement between now and then.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Watched the Giants game Sunday night and they are definitely winnable. The Giants are still better than us, especially if we continue to beat ourselves with penalties and turnovers, but play a reasonably clean game and it’s a contest.Also, why is the Colts game unwinnable? It's not like they are playing great ball. Like the Giants game, this can be a contest IF the Bucs learn to control some of the penalties and kept turnovers to zero or one.However, JMO, but this season looks to top out at 6 wins, maybe 7 with another break or two.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

They are all ‘Winnable’. Any given Sunday! That said the Buc’s should self destruct on at least half the games left. I’d be shocked if they win more then 6-8 games total this season.

Please wait…

• mike25315

Participant

We should win at least 5 more. 7-9 and another good draft brightens the future.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As a fan who watches this team only – All Winnable.Realistically - I'm still sticking to 6-9 wins this season and better next year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Washington, Dallas Backups, Saints and Rams are winnable games. But does this team win all of those? I doubt it. Possibly win 2 of those and finish 4-12. Lovie's defense has a nasty habit of letting backups and mediocre qbs look like pro bowlers, so any chance they have at winning against backups is thrown out the window

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the assumption is being made that our team is stagnate and things won’t change throughout the season.  I think it's the opposite and they'll get better with every experience/snap.   

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the assumption is being made that our team is stagnate and things won't change throughout the season.  I think it's the opposite and they'll get better with every experience/snap. 

They need to string together 3-4 games in a row where they are competitive, limit the penalties and turnovers for me to start to believe they are progressing and not to expect stagnant play. They haven't done anything yet for me to expect improvement

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greetings, Bucs fans!I was looking over the schedule for the rest of the year and feel like there's 6 more wins on this schedule. So, here's my list of which games I think are winnable and which I don't think are winnable. What do you think?@ Washington - Winnable@ Atlanta - UnwinnableNYG - UnwinnableDallas - Unwinnable@ Philly - Winnable@ Indianapolis - UnwinnableAtlanta - WinnableNew Orleans - Winnable@ St. Louis - WinnableChicago - Winnable@ Carolina - Unwinnable

Theoretically, all of these games are winnable. I think we'll end up either 5-11 or 6-10. I really, really want us to win against Carolina.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

@ Washington – Winnable@ Atlanta - UnwinnableNYG - WinnableDallas - Unwinnable@ Philly - Winnable@ Indianapolis - WinnableAtlanta - UnwinnableNew Orleans - Winnable@ St. Louis - WinnableChicago - Winnable@ Carolina - Winnable

Please wait…

• johnd

Participant

I see probably 3 more wins at best. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think I may be asking a lot but if the team cleaned up it’s mistakes (penalties and turnovers) then they would be in most of those games. They would be winnable. Whether or not we have that kind of competence and coaching is a whole other question. I feel we will continue to be frustrated by this team as the season goes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is nutz to me. They’re all winnable.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is nutz to me. They're all winnable.

#swagdimes

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What week is ASJ slated to return?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All potentially winnable except for St Louis on the road, short week…NFW

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it’ll be easier to gauge this after we play our next two games. The team will have built up chemistry from playing together, will have had multiple opportunities to learn from their mistakes, and will have several key players back. If our team can beat the Skins and the Falcons, I would have to believe that Lovie Smith is going to repeat what he accomplished during second year in Chicago. If we go out and look like absolute, unprepared trash in both outings, I'd have to believe that this team is destined for at least a couple more years in the NFL's cellar. If we win one and lose the other, well then I'd have to think that this team is what most people thought it was heading into the season. A .500 ball club.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

I see probably 3 more wins at best.

That's odd you picked the same number as games Luke Kuechly missed.

Please wait…

• johnnyred

Participant

We got embarrassed by a 1-4 Tennessee team at home. Barely hung on for a win against a bad 1-4 New Orleans team. We got handled by a bad 1-4 Houston team. We gave away a game against an overrated 4-0 Carolina team. Then it took Martin playing out of his mind to beat a bad 1-4 Jacksonville team. The Bucs typically find ways to lose, and it takes the ball bouncing our way to squeak by the bottom feeders. Even with the favorable schedule, I see 4 wins this year... 5 at the most.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

We got embarrassed by a 1-4 Tennessee team at home.

Embarrassed by #3 overall ranked defense, #1 against the pass defense, and #16 offense? We lost to the better team, period.

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

We got gifted with an easy schedule this year and most of these should be winnable but we are still not that great of a team. As long as improvement shows between Jameis and our defense we should string together a decent amount of wins.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

every game is winnable on any given sunday………depends how bad our players want it.

Please wait…

• johnnyred

Participant

We got embarrassed by a 1-4 Tennessee team at home.

Embarrassed by #3 overall ranked defense, #1 against the pass defense, and #16 offense? We lost to the better team, period.

True, but don't get caught up in those stats. Aside from Carolina, all the teams we've played have only been able to muster up 1 win each. If the rankings meant that much those teams would be better than that. We haven't shown a hint of consistency over the past 21 games. We can't put together 4 quarters of good football as of now, so I have little faith we can string together games at this point... much less wins. I'm encouraged by the progress of our O Line, but am extremely disappointed by our receiving corps right now. I'd love nothing more than for them to string some wins together and at least make the games mean something in November and December, but they'll have to show a lot more for me to be confident in them actually turning the corner. The way I see it, the "better team" will be on the opposite sideline for the vast majority of the remaining games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the assumption is being made that our team is stagnate and things won't change throughout the season.  I think it's the opposite and they'll get better with every experience/snap. 

I honestly agree with you and I do think they will improve for the most part. I think these games are all winnable but it just depends on which young team shows up. Some games we will get the inconsistent/shoot themselves in the foot team and other games we will get the good execution/solid defense team.Either way I am excited to see how we play against some good teams. I really want to beat Philly, Carolina, and Atlanta (at least once). I can't stand those teams (especially Philly).I think 6-10 or 7-9 is definitely attainable.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ve said all along that this is a 6 win football team. I think that will be the case when all is said and done.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

...We could catch them with Weeden still.

You're obviously a longtime Buc fan and remember the time when this D would salivate at the opportunity to demolish a young Rookie QB or bench-warmer lining up for the slaughter against our D.This D is a far cry from where we used to be.This D just gave up a perfect QB rating and 4 TDs to a rook starting in his 1st game ever.  They followed that loss up with their next loss to Mallet and then another loss to Newton and nearly gave the game away to a 2nd year QB with a career game of 4tds and 300 yards.All of this with guys in their 2nd year in the system after losing to All-stars like Anderson (twice), Austin Davis, Bridgewater, Hoyer, etc.  When facing real top talent like Mat Ryan or Flacco, they surrendered an average of 43 points per game.Winnable?Keep the question-mark on every one of these games coming up unless Lovie can get these guys to play D.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

........depends how bad our players want it.

So given that they only won 2 last year, they seem pretty content to lose under Lovie....Or they are just being out schemed, out coached, and under-prepared.

Please wait…

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.