Viewing 3 reply threads

• Author

• creamsicles

Participant

we got killed on personal fouls for targeting last year… this year, we may benefit if we have alot of high balls that create defenseless receivers going up for catches.i hope the bucs have the latest tech for rib protection for our receivers/te, because i see a lot of hard shots to our receivers bodies with exposed ribs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is this supposed to be a knock on Glennon? If it is, I’ve started re watching games I have from last season since all the Glennon talk, and I’m not seeing any high passes so far.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

we got killed on personal fouls for targeting last year... this year, we may benefit if we have alot of high balls that create defenseless receivers going up for catches.i hope the bucs have the latest tech for rib protection for our receivers/te, because i see a lot of hard shots to our receivers bodies with exposed ribs.

An easier solution would be to get Goldson out of there.  IIRC, he was fined over 100K last season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

no knock on glennon… i like that he’ll have the chance to develop and his intelligence could be a good fit with tedford in the long run… time will tell.  my thought was that we should be throwing alot of high passes to take advantage of receiver height…. capitalize on the mismatches.  a 6″5″ receiver with leaping ability against a 6’0″ defender is never truly covered if the pass is placed correctly.  this approach will open up our receivers to shots from safeties as they leap for balls.  2 years ago, receivers would get clobbered regularly in these routes across the middle, but it seemed like there was a major crack down last year with goldson being the poster boy.  some of his hits looked “clean” to me, but the refs were trying to protect defenseless receivers.  this rule adjustment may reduce the “big hits” on receivers in the middle of the field and benefit high throws to tall receivers as safeties look to avoid personal fouls and change their tackling approach… something that would play to our strengths.  i could be totally off, but i see it as a potential benefit... i just hope our receivers don't get injured if we throw high often to capitalize on our height advantage. 

we got killed on personal fouls for targeting last year... this year, we may benefit if we have alot of high balls that create defenseless receivers going up for catches.i hope the bucs have the latest tech for rib protection for our receivers/te, because i see a lot of hard shots to our receivers bodies with exposed ribs.

Please wait…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.