Viewing 103 reply threads

• Author

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

The Titans offense has a lot of large offensive linemen with two experienced TE’s as bookends.  Bucs defense is based on speed.Titans defense has edge rushers that are more seasoned than the Bucs edge rushers and the Titans down lineman are just as good as the Bucs interior as a group.This is going to be a battle for sure. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who scares you on the Titans running the ball?Who scares you on the Titans catching the ball?The Titans D is ok, but really has no stars that can take over a game.If we can't beat the Titans, we suck.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who scares you on the Titans running the ball?Who scares you on the Titans catching the ball?The Titans D is ok, but really has no stars that can take over a game.If we can't beat the Titans, we suck.

They were the 2 worst teams in the league last year. This is not a gimme.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Titans have veteran crappy offensive linemen. Their secondary is swiss cheese. They have no pass rush, even when they blitz. They have no running game and they cut the only wide receiver I’d really be concerned about (Hakeem Nicks). They've also babied Mariota all pre-season, not putting him in any challenging situations, limiting his snaps.They are a terrible, terrible football team. If the Bucs lose at home to THAT team, we may be in for a VERY VERY long season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we can’t beat the Titans, we suck.

I'm a fan of the saying, "Any Given Sunday", I remember saying it when we played the seemingly unstoppable Vikings a decade or so ago when they were undefeated facing us. Even so, to lose to the Titans in our home opener after the season we just had, I'm going to be the grumpiest dude in the workplace come Monday.

Please wait…

• austin1211

Participant

its an interesting match up….I think we come out on top

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Even so, to lose to the Titans in our home opener after the season we just had, I'm going to be the grumpiest dude in the workplace come Monday.

Okay. If we do, then PR better start the "Lovie is on the hotseat" articles.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When you are coming off of a 2-14 season, starting a rookie QB, and have a questionable OL…EVERY game is going to be tough.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Titans have veteran crappy offensive linemen. Their secondary is swiss cheese. They have no pass rush, even when they blitz. They have no running game and they cut the only wide receiver I'd really be concerned about (Hakeem Nicks). They've also babied Mariota all pre-season, not putting him in any challenging situations, limiting his snaps.They are a terrible, terrible football team. If the Bucs lose at home to THAT team, we may be in for a VERY VERY long season.

Good post.  I agree with almost every word.  Huge opening game and I will be placing WAY more emphasis than is proper on what ever result we get.

Please wait…

• austin1211

Participant

When you are coming off of a 2-14 season, starting a rookie QB, and have a questionable OL...EVERY game is going to be tough.

truth!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A 2-14 team from a year ago, starting a Rookie QB, new coaches trying to install their version of a certain system, a defense trying to turn things around and get to the QB. . . .That describes both teams, going to be an interesting game.    Having said that, I'm traveling down from NC to see the game so I hope we win 30-7. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I always enjoy reading, and sometimes harassing opposing team’s message boards, here’s some gems from this week.

That said, it's so obvious the Buc fans are shitting bricks that they picked the wrong guy. Of course the sample sizes are microscopic but they're clearly shaken with how much better Mariota has looked. It's basically all over the media, everybody is picking MM to win OROY, and they're getting nervous & defensive. The one crutch they can lean on is Winston's "leadership" & how he'll carry them on his back, and how bad he wants to win, yada yada yada. I heard all that shit with VY & this sounds just like it. "Jameis isn't afraid to talk to the media!!!!"

Orakpo should have three sacks against Donovan Smith. That guy is terrible and he has a bad ankle.

;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Orakpo should have three sacks against Donovan Smith. That guy is terrible and he has a bad ankle.

;DUmmm...that could actually happen. Not sure why it's funny.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gotta be honest here. I watched all the Titans games in the preseason and they look better than us. I really hope I am wrong but I just have no faith in our O-Line and D-Line.

Please wait…

• jeebz116

Participant

I think the Titans are better than their record last year indicated. They have better pass rushers than us in Orakpo and the guy from GT who we tried to sign in the off season (I can't think of his name right now).Their receivers are actually pretty good with Wright, Hunter and DGB. I also like their TE's over ours. You add in Mariota's ability to scramble and a superior OL, we are actually looking at a very tough game this Sunday. We win this game if we can successfully run the ball and stop the Titans from converting on 3rd down.I think it will actually be a very close game either way.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I love this “they babied Mariota”.Whatever makes you guys feel better.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs had BOTH Derrick Morgan and Brian Orakpo in as FAs for interviews. Both are good rushers and now Titans. Oh, and Dick LeBeau is now calling defensive shots.    When you were 2-14, every game will be a challenge...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Look – I get that we are talking about a team that has made many changes (as have we). But if we are already worried that “The Titans are going to be tough” than we might as well just skip the season entirely. We are talking about the 31st ranked team according to Football Outsiders last year (we were 30th, Jax was the worst). I'm not saying we can't lose this game, but it's very winnable. And if I were a TN fan I'd think we are very beatable as well. But neither team is "tough" based on any rational evidence.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we win, we’re going undefeated and winning the super bowl. Jameis Winston is a surefire hall of famer and we might as well induct him at our next ring of honor ahead of schedule.If we lose, we're not going to win anything this season, Lovie should be fired, Raymond James will be leveled, our team will be sold off to ISIS and an energy drink called Brawndo will become a cultural phenomenon in Florida that will spread rapidly through the other 49 states and eventually the entire world.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And Harry Douglas has a history of being a Buc-killer when he was a Falcon; we’ll be seeing a lot of him this Sunday too…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Look - I get that we are talking about a team that has made many changes (as have we). But if we are already worried that "The Titans are going to be tough" than we might as well just skip the season entirely. We are talking about the 31st ranked team according to Football Outsiders last year (we were 30th, Jax was the worst). I'm not saying we can't lose this game, but it's very winnable. And if I were a TN fan I'd think we are very beatable as well. But neither team is "tough" based on any rational evidence.

Exactly!

Please wait…

• vlagatta

” One of the biggest transitions quarterback Marcus Mariota faces entering the NFL is taking snaps under center, as opposed to the shotgun attack he played in almost exclusively at Oregon. “

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the Titans are better than their record last year indicated. They have better pass rushers than us in Orakpo and the guy from GT who we tried to sign in the off season (I can't think of his name right now).Their receivers are actually pretty good with Wright, Hunter and DGB. I also like their TE's over ours. You add in Mariota's ability to scramble and a superior OL, we are actually looking at a very tough game this Sunday. We win this game if we can successfully run the ball and stop the Titans from converting on 3rd down.I think it will actually be a very close game either way.

Hunter is terrible (and I say that as someone who predicted he'd be very good coming out of the draft), and will only see the field because they are only carrying 4 WRs. DGB is an interesting prospect, but whether he's good or not remains to be seen. Their OL (obviously, they've made some changes), gave up 50 sacks last year (we gave up 52). I like Mariota, I like Wright, I like Delanie Walker. LeBeau is probably worth something, but Horton wasn't chopped liver. They added a decent pass-rusher (Orakpo if healthy is a 10-sack guy), but they couldn't stop the pass or run last year. And I have no idea why people think Derrick Morgan is some fantastic pass rusher - he had a career high 6.5 sacks in 1000+ snaps last year. Jacquies Smith did that in 455 snaps. George Johnson has 6 in 491 snaps.I'll say it again - if we are terrified of this team, than we should just pack it in.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Titans offense has a lot of large offensive linemen with two experienced TE's as bookends.  Bucs defense is based on speed.Titans defense has edge rushers that are more seasoned than the Bucs edge rushers and the Titans down lineman are just as good as the Bucs interior as a group.This is going to be a battle for sure.

I agree. Prior to pre-season I was thinking this would be a cakewalk.....being my usual overly optimistic self as always in the offseason. But after watching Dotson go down and the OL get destroyed nearly every single play, I have come back to reality. Dotson was our best OL and there is a huge drop off beyond that. And Dotson to me is only a mediocre RT and really is a much better fit at LT due to his complete lack of power in the run game (although he does an adequate job of boxing people out).It should be an easy game because the Titans suck. Only problem is we suck, too and their OL is way better than ours. But, as always these games can be predictable if you look at the matchups. The first place you start is the trenches. Our OL vs their DL clearly goes to them. Our DL vs their OL is likely to be a draw. So, right off the bat they have the advantage up front. Our secondary vs. their passing game should go to us. Our LBs vs their TEs and RBs goes to them (I like Kwon Alexander but there will be growing pains).Their LBs vs our RBs and TEs is a draw (both suck)Their secondary vs our WRs is a huge win for us.I believe we have the advantage at QB. We have home field advantage. Special teams I have to give it to them because we have inexperienced kickers and no return man?Add it all up and we should win the game, but if you ask me it all depends on how craptastic our OL is. If they look anything like they did this pre-season, we should lose the game because we wont be able to move the ball at all.  i believe games are won or lost in the trenches, which does not bode well for us at all.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Really like your take BookerBut I didn't know they have Harry Douglas...Sorry guys, pack it in for a L

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All 16 games will  be tough. The Bucs will be favored in very few games, and unless they limit turnovers and penalties wont have a chance in many games. Close games come down to coaching, do we really think Lovie is gonna out coach many other coaches?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs are favored by 3 with an O/U of 42 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wisenhunt is going to utilize a lot of 2 TE sets to protect Mariota while also getting more talented receivers on the field as the Titans WR corps isn’t that good.Bucs are going to have to be ready for a steady dose of 2 TE, 1 back formations.Titans 3-4 defense with a talented front seven is going to be really tough for the Bucs.  They are not as strong as Cleveland but they have the pieces to cause confusing on the Bucs line. If the Bucs can score quickly and pin their ears back on defense they have the edge.  If the game turns into a grinder the Titans will prevail with the personnel they have.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We see a Doug Martin this Sunday that we haven’t seen in a long time. Bucs win. /end thread;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs are favored by 3 with an O/U of 42

Take the under and run away from any other bets on this game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The biggest key of the game: Bucs sit in cover three and see if Mariota can throw deep or continues to take the underneath routes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks beardmcd.GoldsonAges, I don't understand how you conclude that their OL is "clearly" better than our DL. Schweinke was abysmal as a rookie (per PFF, he was the third worst graded rookie OL). In 2014, he received a positive grade once. He's considered "below average" in the PFF depth chart analysis.Chance Warmack graded negatively as a rookie, "above average" last year (their other above average OL was Levitre, who is gone). Lewan graded average. He's plus on the run. Byron Bell, who we know has been terrible with Carolina graded "poor." He was supposed to be the RT but he struggled and they moved him to G to replace Levitre. The RT is a rookie 3rd rounder. I understand that people don't rate our DEs highly, nor should they. But if this isn't an opportunity for McCoy, McDonald, and Melton to shine, I don't know what is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can game one be a must win?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is a home game. When was the last time the Bucs won at home in the regular season?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Depends on what you think this team is. If you think the team has a realistic shot at being a playoff team, than we can’t drop the first 2 and this game is likely easier than the Saints. If you are just looking to see the team improve, than no.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

No game is easy. But we should win this because its home against a equal oppponent. Those are the games you should win.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For casual fans and bringing back excitement to the team it probably is a must win.  The last time this team has won a home game and it wasn’t blacked out has been a very, very long time.  Hard to build excitement/new generation of Bucs fans for a team that can’t win at home and you don’t see them play on local television.I do not view it as must win, but if the Bucs drop this Lovie is sweating bullets lol..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is totes a must win because I will be gutted if we lose.  Like really bad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I love this "they babied Mariota".Whatever makes you guys feel better.

Still pining for the guy, I see.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

News flash. We DO suck. Until we put new footage out there, we are still a 2-14 team with near the worse rated offense AND defense. This isn't 2002. Most teams are saying that if they can't beat the Bucs, then THEY suck.I sure hope we win, but no game is going to be a gimme this year. We are a young, bad team, but hopefully "improving" is another adjective we can soon throw in there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The biggest key of the game: Bucs sit in cover three and see if Mariota can throw deep or continues to take the underneath routes.

I think the key to the game is how much pressure can the Bucs get from it's defensive front four...If they get pressure, Mariota is toast...Expect a lot dinks and donks....that's what he's good at this point in his career

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah...I know... the Butt Hurt never ceases...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No sir. Just a clownish way of thinking.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unless it is accurate, but I would have no idea.  I wanted to watch him but didn’t end up seeing anything more than the highlight packages.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s going to be really hard to put a positive spin on a loss.  Should be able to find cheap seats in west club. Go Bucs!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

News flash. We DO suck. Until we put new footage out there, we are still a 2-14 team with near the worse rated offense AND defense. This isn't 2002. Most teams are saying that if they can't beat the Bucs, then THEY suck.I sure hope we win, but no game is going to be a gimme this year. We are a young, bad team, but hopefully "improving" is another adjective we can soon throw in there.

Let's play the first game before you start pooping in you pants ok?

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

If we can't beat the Titans, we suck.

I'm a fan of the saying, "Any Given Sunday", I remember saying it when we played the seemingly unstoppable Vikings a decade or so ago when they were undefeated facing us. Even so, to lose to the Titans in our home opener after the season we just had, I'm going to be the grumpiest dude in the workplace come Monday.

The Buc's typically lose the first game of the season so I wouldn't read much into a loss this week. We opened the season that way in 2002.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I suspect Kendall Wright will dominate on Sunday.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Harry Douglas may give us trouble…… like always.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This will be a Mariota vs Winston thing…IMO - Both teams are unproven and have an equal and substantial amount of suck to clear up.Comparing our suck to their suck sucks.  No one is going to run away with this one...  it will come down to the last four minutes IMO.The Bucs really need to win this one for a lot of reasons - but mainly for the fans (and our young team confidence.)*Written in Granite *  Regardless, come Monday morning - the over-reactions (either way) will be unreadable. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here’s a Titan’s fan assessment:"...QB - Edge TitansMariota and Winston will both have their rookie moments ... the difference is Winston is facing a Lebeau D. I have a feeling Winston's head will be spinning by the end of the game.WRs - Edge BucsBucs have some monster receivers in Evans and VJ, and the Titans secondary is weak and depleted. I would not be surprised to see these WRs make a couple of big plays on our D.Run game - Edge TitansTitans RBs aren't impressing anyone, and as of late neither has Doug Martin. Unless he returns to form in his contract year, I expect RBs from both teams to be underwhelming ... However, I have to give the Titans the edge here due to Mariota. How he will be used in the NFL as a runner is an unknown still to this point, but he definitely has the ability to hurt a D with his legs. I hope we don't see too many designed runs, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him pull the ball down and pick up 10 yards running on more than one occasion Sunday. Front 7 - Edge TitansTalent wise I would call this a draw, but I give this to the Titans mainly due to how weak the TB OL is. I think Casey and Orakpo could find some good success against what appeared to be a weak OL in TB. Again, I think the Lebeau factor will tip this in our favor as well. Secondary - Edge BucsTitans secondary is weak as it is, and our best CB has been out all preseason. And the Bucs have big WRs ... I think this could become a match up nightmare for us if we allow Winston time to throw the ball. We really need the front 7 to help out the secondary on this one. Sp Teams - Edge BucsThis is easy. Our Sp teams sucks. Our return game strikes fear in no one. I will be holding my breath every time our kicker goes for a PAT ... Only thing that doesnt concern me is our punter. Overall - Edge TitansGames are won and lost in the trenches and at the hands of the QBs. Ultimately I think that our front 7 will take advantage of the Bucs weak OL and give Winston a rough day. Add in the fact that the Rookie QB is going against a Lebeau Defense, I think many many mistakes will be made by Winston. I think Mariota will look just fine in his debut (expect to see some rookie mistakes and big plays alike) however the driving factor in this win will be our D. Titans win 27-10..."I disagree with this RB analysis and the exaggerated 'weakness' upfront.This game will be decided by less than one score.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is a home game. When was the last time the Bucs won at home in the regular season?

Dec 2013

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't worry man, the knobslobbers have zero creditability or objectiveness when it comes to The Messiah.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dec 2013

Oh no...  :'(

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dec 2013

Dec 8th to be exact...against the Buffalo Bills...27-6...man, those were the days.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't worry man, the knobslobbers have zero creditability or objectiveness when it comes to The Messiah.

This is true

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Btw, I have a lot of respect for LeBeau (and for Ray Horton), but it’s worth pointing out that he was the architect of the 30th worst defense in 2014 per Football Outsiders. You can say that was personnel, but then Tennessee had the 29th-ranked D, and the only players they've added are Orakpo (good when healthy), Perrish Cox, and D'Norris Searcy. Not exactly the Purple People Eaters.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

You do realize we just picked #1 because we sucked more than anyone else...including the Titans, right?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You do realize we just picked #1 because we sucked more than anyone else...including the Titans, right?

Historically, the 2014 Bucs were one of the better 2-14 teams (not that it means anything). We posted a point differential of -133(a top 10 finish of 2-14 teams) compared to Tennessee's -184 which is frankly a better determinate than W/L. Those numbers were inflated by the Falcon-Raven blowouts and they were a dismal 1-8n in games decided by 6 points or fewer and led in at least half those contests while the Titans were 1-4.Meaning they were a worse team than we were regardless of draft position.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Titans O-line is marginally better than ours, we have more overall depth at just about every skill position and we have Gerald McCoy and Lavonte David, two players which their defense comes nowhere close to in individual playmaking ability. Orakpo is made of fine china and I'm not sure can ever return to a 10 sack season because of constant injuries. That would be the only match up I have concern for. Our interior should melt theirs and force turnovers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dec 2013

Dec 8th to be exact...against the Buffalo Bills...27-6...man, those were the days.

Yup.And I do not remember if that game was even showed locally or if it was blacked out.This team needs to win this home game, really bad to bring back casual fans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So you can assume that a loss to the Titans means we suck, I'm guessing based on their performance from last year, but I shouldn't do the same for our team?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“…Our interior should melt theirs and force turnovers…”I certainly hope so...

Please wait…

• vlagatta

nothing about the titans is “tough”.  if they do end up looking like that….it’s more on our failure than their play.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Only on a tie-breaker. Remember that we chucked the Saints game in week 17 as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gotta be honest here. I watched all the Titans games in the preseason and they look better than us. I really hope I am wrong but I just have no faith in our O-Line and D-Line.

Gotta be honest here, I watched all the Titans preseason games and some of their games from last year. They most certainly are not better than us. The only way the Bucs lose this game is if they give it to them (i.e. Jameis throws a bunch of picks).

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Only on a tie-breaker. Remember that we chucked the Saints game in week 17 as well.

You're correct. I remember Titans fans whining about us tanking the game and demanding they be awarded the #1 pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, at least we’ll be able to put the “3 days to gameplan for Cleveland” argument to bed after Sunday’s game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Titans O-line is marginally better than ours, we have more overall depth at just about every skill position and we have Gerald McCoy and Lavonte David, two players which their defense comes nowhere close to in individual playmaking ability. Orakpo is made of fine china and I'm not sure can ever return to a 10 sack season because of constant injuries. That would be the only match up I have concern for. Our interior should melt theirs and force turnovers.

Especially since it takes 3-5 blockers to block GMC  ::)This game will be a close game that will come down to penalties and turnovers. Simple as that. As for a must win, I think for the fan base it's a must win. When the team is 30-70 in their last 100 games, and losing is all this team knows, I think it's a must win for the fans to have some kind of hope

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So you can assume that a loss to the Titans means we suck, I'm guessing based on their performance from last year, but I shouldn't do the same for our team?

Dude...what are you are talking about?...are you high?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Back to square one.....why do you say that if we lose to the Titans we suck? Explain.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Back to square one.....why do you say that if we lose to the Titans we suck? Explain.

That wasn't me....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So…I guess the Saints will be impossible.  Why should we play the game?  And the Falcons?  And we will have to play the Panthers?  The Jags, they will be tough too.  And who knows what he will say about the NFC.  The games are what they are.  Either team can win this.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Either team can win this.

...unless it ends in a tie

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

EVERY NFL team is tough. But this is certainly a game the Buccaneers SHOULD be favored in and it is one the fans should expect a win at home. Hell, the Buccaneers have GOT to start winning at home and fast and this is as good an opportunity to do so as any.What the Buccaneers can absolutely NOT afford to do is lose and look unprepared and bad doing so.That happens and the dark cloud of negativity, the 40,000 attendence highs except when opponents bring large numbers with them furthering the annoyance of season ticket holders AND the FIRE ST. LOVIE chants won't be far behind.That's just the way it is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No pass rush means Mariota goes, “Nom Nom nom” on the secondary. He can read a field and is great at finding open receivers. We have no offensive line. They have a few decent linebackers and a 3-4 which will confuse the hell out of Koetter and the Bucs, as par for course. Some things are just too easy to predict. It's not going to be pretty up front. I promise a lot of you guys will be screaming for Warhop and Lovie to be fired after game 1. Our offense will be bogged down by a full playbook, a QB trying to do too much and will be completely rattled after getting his body slammed into the grass over and over...Defense has no ends. And Mariota is evasive as hell. He sees an opening and he will run by the defense for drive extending runs, or making something out of nothing. Bucs will struggle mightily in this game.Lovie will do stupid crap to frustrate us. Clock management, failure to adjust to their blitzing...Bucs lose by two scores. And it won't look good until the fourth quarter when they call the dogs off. Total pessimist. I fail to see how the front lines are capable of pulling this game off. Too much youth and nervousness, and a lack of game plan to counter their defense. Orakpo'd.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who scares you on the Titans running the ball?Who scares you on the Titans catching the ball?The Titans D is ok, but really has no stars that can take over a game.If we can't beat the Titans, we suck.[they are going to roll him out and pick us apart/quote]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks beardmcd.GoldsonAges, I don't understand how you conclude that their OL is "clearly" better than our DL. Schweinke was abysmal as a rookie (per PFF, he was the third worst graded rookie OL). In 2014, he received a positive grade once. He's considered "below average" in the PFF depth chart analysis.Chance Warmack graded negatively as a rookie, "above average" last year (their other above average OL was Levitre, who is gone). Lewan graded average. He's plus on the run. Byron Bell, who we know has been terrible with Carolina graded "poor." He was supposed to be the RT but he struggled and they moved him to G to replace Levitre. The RT is a rookie 3rd rounder. I understand that people don't rate our DEs highly, nor should they. But if this isn't an opportunity for McCoy, McDonald, and Melton to shine, I don't know what is.

I think you misread. I gave our DL and their OL a draw. I see it as we have an advantage inside but they have an advantage on the edges. We should have a clear advantage there but we have no proven edge rushers. The problem with Smith and Johnson is they are unproven. I hope they both step up this year and the Titans game will be a great measuring stick, I believe.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So...I guess the Saints will be impossible.  Why should we play the game?  And the Falcons?  And we will have to play the Panthers?  The Jags, they will be tough too.  And who knows what he will say about the NFC.  The games are what they are.  Either team can win this.

I think the Bucs match up well against the Panthers and Falcons.  The Saints appear to be a mismatch but they had massive turnover on offense. The Titans have a big offensive line that can wear out the defense.  That is why the Bucs defense has to have key third down stops and the offense has to score early.  ToP last year was really bad for the Bucs which has to change.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

With the media so focused on the QB “battle”, I honestly think the team that runs the ball best is most likely to win.     Our greater explosiveness will be somewhat negated by the Titans size on the LOS; they surely will wear us down. Ken Whisenhunt teams are always physical, and they got some big, talented boys on both sides of the LOS. However, Doug Martin to date is the better RB on either team, and Rainey is probably better than their starter too...     Harry Douglas, who they got from Atlanta, has feasted on our D in the past. Our WRs are more explosive. OTOH, they are loaded with talented TEs, which Whisenhunt loves to use, both as blockers and receivers. We are better overall at LB against the run or pass, but they can blitz from anywhere.     I expect a hard-nosed physical game, no clear advantage either way...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

do you guys think harry douglas feasted on us because of his natural football talents or because of the situations that koetter put him in?

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

do you guys think harry douglas feasted on us because of his natural football talents or because of the situations that koetter put him in?

Great question. So you're saying Louis Murphy will feast on THEM, correct? I like where your head's at, good sir.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Great question. So you're saying Louis Murphy will feast on THEM, correct? I like where your head's at, good sir.

nah, i wont go that far!  i do think harry douglas success against us was more a product of koetter and leonard johnson.  i am expecting kendall wright to have more success against us than douglas.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

EVERY NFL team is tough. But this is certainly a game the Buccaneers SHOULD be favored in and it is one the fans should expect a win at home. Hell, the Buccaneers have GOT to start winning at home and fast and this is as good an opportunity to do so as any.What the Buccaneers can absolutely NOT afford to do is lose and look unprepared and bad doing so.That happens and the dark cloud of negativity, the 40,000 attendence highs except when opponents bring large numbers with them furthering the annoyance of season ticket holders AND the FIRE ST. LOVIE chants won't be far behind.That's just the way it is.

AGREED!!There are several unknowns heading into this game for our Bucs...a rookie kicker, a rookie QB, a rookie kick/punt returner, a rookie punter, two rookie OL starters...that's a shit ton of rookies at KEY positions that need to perform. Each week as these players gain experience...the concern for their performance will hopefully fade. I will be crossing the hell out of my fingers A LOT on Sunday!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would say some of both, plus he’s a team guy; does what his coaches tell him to do, whether the ball is coming his way or not. As far as which receiver does the most damage to the Bucs, I'd say it depends on the matchups, as Wright would probably be considered by Lovie/Frazier to be their primary guy; more explosive. I expect to see a lot of 2/3 TE formations too...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That wasn't me....

you're right, my fault. Sorry about that.I was originally replying to BucsBay then you pinch hit for him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think you misread. I gave our DL and their OL a draw. I see it as we have an advantage inside but they have an advantage on the edges. We should have a clear advantage there but we have no proven edge rushers. The problem with Smith and Johnson is they are unproven. I hope they both step up this year and the Titans game will be a great measuring stick, I believe.

My bad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

nah, i wont go that far!  i do think harry douglas success against us was more a product of koetter and leonard johnson.  i am expecting kendall wright to have more success against us than douglas.

Leonard Johnson + other nickels + notorious Schiano/Sheridan busted coverages.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They have a few decent linebackers and a 3-4 which will confuse the hell out of Koetter and the Bucs, as par for course.

Atlanta averaged 26 ppg in 7 games versus the 3-4 last year. They averaged 23 ppg over the course of the season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Has nobody noticed that last year Glennon & Co. put 27 points on Lebeau (at Heinz Field)?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Harry Douglas had a 1000 yard season. He didn’t get them all against Leonard Johnson and Schiano.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Harry Douglas had a 1000 yard season. He didn't get them all against Leonard Johnson and Schiano.

no, only 1/3.  A THIRD OF HIS SEASON TOTAL were against us.  ok, thats a little hyperbole.  it was closer to 30%  the guy averages 500 yards a season.  he got 90 targets that year because of injury.  did he flop last season?  such a talent could only parlay it into a 3 year 11 mil contract?the guy is nice.  but hes nothing special.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Harry Douglas had a 1000 yard season. He didn't get them all against Leonard Johnson and Schiano.

Last year, in 2 games against TB, he had 2 catches for 14 yards (one TD). In 2013 v. the Schiano/Sheridan D, he had 13 catches for 283 yards (2 TDs).One quarter of those 1,000+ yards came against the Schiano/Sheridan D. All of his 2013 TDs came in those 2 games. Outside of those 2 games in 2013, he's done pretty much zippy against the Bucs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

oops. Missed GT’s post.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I will say this about the game in terms of concern. I do worry a bit about Winston getting a little too hyped up for the game and maybe being reckless early on.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Looks like the titans fans are watching this place……..  I may take a stroll up there and ruffle some feathers:http://www.titansreport.com/topic/18993-titans-are-going-to-be-tough/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Last year, in 2 games against TB, he had 2 catches for 14 yards (one TD). In 2013 v. the Schiano/Sheridan D, he had 13 catches for 283 yards (2 TDs).One quarter of those 1,000+ yards came against the Schiano/Sheridan D. All of his 2013 TDs came in those 2 games. Outside of those 2 games in 2013, he's done pretty much zippy against the Bucs.

I remember it so differently. Glad to know Lovie has an answer.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I understand that our line looked terrible against Clev and not that great against the Vikings but they were above average against the Bengals.  I know Titans and Clev run the same defense but talent wise is the Tenn Defense more like Clev or Cincy?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So what’s the big deal, every team on our schedule is going to be a tough opponent. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Looks like the titans fans are watching this place........  I may take a stroll up there and ruffle some feathers:http://www.titansreport.com/topic/18993-titans-are-going-to-be-tough/

I like how the first page of posts relatively agreed with what this thread says.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What? The Gatorade Keg?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What? The Gatorade Keg?

Yup. And Merry Christmas Blidi Wreh-Wilson (farts). Bucs are awful and the homers just slay me. It's pretty obvious this is a bad bad team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gotta be honest here, I watched all the Titans preseason games and some of their games from last year. They most certainly are not better than us. The only way the Bucs lose this game is if they give it to them (i.e. Jameis throws a bunch of picks).

Errr…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No pass rush means Mariota goes, "Nom Nom nom" on the secondary. He can read a field and is great at finding open receivers. We have no offensive line. They have a few decent linebackers and a 3-4 which will confuse the hell out of Koetter and the Bucs, as par for course. Some things are just too easy to predict. It's not going to be pretty up front. I promise a lot of you guys will be screaming for Warhop and Lovie to be fired after game 1. Our offense will be bogged down by a full playbook, a QB trying to do too much and will be completely rattled after getting his body slammed into the grass over and over...Defense has no ends. And Mariota is evasive as hell. He sees an opening and he will run by the defense for drive extending runs, or making something out of nothing. Bucs will struggle mightily in this game.Lovie will do stupid crap to frustrate us. Clock management, failure to adjust to their blitzing...Bucs lose by two scores. And it won't look good until the fourth quarter when they call the dogs off. Total pessimist. I fail to see how the front lines are capable of pulling this game off. Too much youth and nervousness, and a lack of game plan to counter their defense. Orakpo'd.

Should have been two scores. And it never looked good. Bucs suck. Fire the cannons. At Lovie and Chris Conte.

Please wait…

Viewing 103 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.