Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 5 reply threads

• Author

• LVBUC2

Participant

Most people will say the game is won in the trenches. If we take a look at the match ups.

Bucs D line greater than KC offensive line.
      Bucs O line greater than KC d line.

The Bucs should control the line of scrimmage, control the line of scrimmage win the game.

• Greattimes

Participant

Normally I would agree with you, but in this game Mahomes is a magician at evading tacklers and then finding an open receiver downfield. The Bucs DB’s can’t be expected to cover receivers for 5 seconds. The Bucs defensive line needs to keep Mahomes from escaping pressure for the Bucs to win.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Mahomes/significantly better coaching/gameplanning>o line/dline differences, unfortunately.

• Tampa Bay Todd

Participant

I put some money on the prop bets for Shaq, JPP and Devin White on number of sacks for each. The line is set at 0.5, so all they have to do is get one sack. With KCs offensive line dealing with issues hopefully our guys can get to Mahomes. But of course expect KC to game plan for this so just need to keep him in the pocket.

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

Unless its a bang bang open release situation where a guy comes through the line, chances are you might lose.
        Idc who gets sick of me saying it.The KC Chiefs get away with more holding than what should be allowed. People think its always Mahomes creating and buying time , which a lot of times he does.
        However there’s a good half dozen plays a game where guys are grabbed n held onto just to buy that extra half second to get the ball off.

Keep in mind those plays generate HUGE dollars. No different than Jordan post 92′. Great player! Best in the NBA but he got away with tons in regards to officials. If you breathed on him and he missed it was a foul.

For me, just how much will our pass rush have to overcome to compensate is about 20% of determining this outcome. Ill be the first to admit that the officiating in GB absolutely benefited our secondary. So in that same vein, if they allow SMB n CD3 to be physical and grabby then it will offset KCs holding tendencies.The issue with that is every replay of WR/DB is broken frame by frame looking for any type of little hand placement.
        A back pedal, drifting back big pass play doesn’t dissect each blocker.

Again I’m not a ” blame the refs” guy. However if they call a strict game on the back end but allow for it up front? We will get the short end of that. Nobody with a straight face can tell me that an Oline with 3 backups from the original line up can hold off the best front 7 in NFL.

However the masses, including the zebras ALREADY believe that any big play under duress is Mahomes natural ability that creates the play. Its already ENGRAINED in people’s subconscious!!
        Who’s gonna be the ref to toss a flag after Mahomes just dodged and dipped and escaped by a hair to rip a 3rd and 18 to Watkins?? Even though Barrett is clearly arm barred or has his jersey grabbed to allow the time? Even if just for a second or two. That’s all it takes..
        NONE of them, that’s who.

• kenntak

Participant

Those are the plays they must call, because that is the difference in making an illegal big play, and denying the defense a sack or pressure they deserved.

• BucBalla85

Participant

If we can limit Mahomes making plays happen with his legs will be huge for us. I picture some games where the mobile qb just can’t get anything going on the run. Hopefully we can affect his timing and accuracy.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.