Viewing 26 reply threads

• Author

• NotDeadYet

Participant

… regarding moves made by Lovie & Licht is WHY did they trade Jeremy Zuttah? Not saying it was wrong, but to many of us Bucs fans it appears questionable, at least up to this point. The obvious biggie is do they really think Jamon Meredith or Oneil Cousins are better Gs? Then there's the health issue of LG Carl Nicks, as yet realistically unresolved.It seems to me Zuttah and Evan Dietrich-Smith, who I really think highly of, could have co-existed on our OL with either Nicks or Meredith. There has to be more to this story than has been revealed. Maybe smarts, overall mindset, not enough fire in the belly; dunno...Note Zuttah's combine results; the only O'Lineman to run his 40 under 5.0, paired with 35 reps of the bench press... http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=1528Hopefully Pamphile, who also ran a sub 5.0 40, will prove this to be a mute point, but it's the one move so far that's still a head-scratcher.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe he didn’t fit Tedford’s scheme…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In looking at his combine, I’d think he’d be a good fit. I’m suspecting he’s got plenty of physical tools to be much better than he’s shown on tape or in prior admin’s evaluation of him. Unless an injury has limited him, it must be more an occasional lack of concentration or fire-in-the-belly thing. We fans are kinda left to guess…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey, I see the Bengals have a dead OT who seems fiesty…http://www.complex.com/sports/2014/06/marshall-newhouse-considered-dead-time-warner-cable-cut-service

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL. Yep, definitely still the off-season… ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Idk what it was.If tedford wanted a fast line, zutt would have been good for that.If he wanted versatility, ..I think zutt's best skill was that.He's young still. Coachable. Etc.He wasn't great, but having him around at any capacity would've given our line flexibility and depth. At least for this season.I understand why they did what they did with revis, moreso than I do about what they did with zutt. Maybe there was something wrong. Hell if I know.

Please wait…

• discipleboy2000

Participant

In looking at his combine, I'd think he'd be a good fit. I'm suspecting he's got plenty of physical tools to be much better than he's shown on tape or in prior admin's evaluation of him. Unless an injury has limited him, it must be more an occasional lack of concentration or fire-in-the-belly thing. We fans are kinda left to guess...

Zuttah is incredibly athletic for a man his size.  Ravens got him cheap too.  lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s not unanswered in my mind.Zuttah would have made a solid, versatile depth guy but the problem was salary, he was paid too well to sit on the bench, he was below average as a starting center & even worse as a guard.Saying that if all the cap space isn't used and we end up throwing away unused cap room that would have covered his salary it was a bad move.It all comes down to what we do with that remaining cap space, if we do things like lock up McCoy long term and front load the contract to create space down the road it was worth it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, but yet he has the athleticism to be a very good player. WHY has he yet to develop, and why did Lovie/Warhop not chose to work with him a year? Must be a general lack of desire/leadership skill…    OK, salary could've factored into it, but different guys take longer for the light bulb of desire to kick in. Lovie knows that. Why didn't they chose to work with him for a year?     Maybe it was a Belichick kinda thing; get something for him while they can. If he'd failed to shine under Warhop this year, next year we'd likely get nothing for him...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

cmon now we are talking about an OL who was our 4th best OL last year…who cares

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Zuttah wasn’t going to get any better and he might have made a stink about being the backup.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Value mostly. We needed cap space and he simply wasn’t playing near to the level he was getting paid.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Could it be that he wanted out of Tampa?  Last year was a mess… and Lovie has some rules of his own that he wants to be followed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, but yet he has the athleticism to be a very good player. WHY has he yet to develop, and why did Lovie/Warhop not chose to work with him a year? Must be a general lack of desire/leadership skill...    OK, salary could've factored into it, but different guys take longer for the light bulb of desire to kick in. Lovie knows that. Why didn't they chose to work with him for a year?     Maybe it was a Belichick kinda thing; get something for him while they can. If he'd failed to shine under Warhop this year, next year we'd likely get nothing for him...

Really?The guy has been in the league for 6 seasons and played under 3 different head coaches.If he's not developed the chances are almost zero that he's not going to and he is what he is, a solid backup.How many years do you wait, and pay good money, for the light to come on?It's not like coaching has been awful, Dotson has developed well, Sears was doing very well until his mental issues took over, until recently was a very good LT.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Zuttah didn’t want to play guard and forced the Bucs hand.  Too much money for a backup center.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s all about the money, money, money.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Zuttah didn't want to play guard and forced the Bucs hand.  Too much money for a backup center.

This makes sense to me.  The Bucs considered EDS a better center and didn't see Zuttah worth the $$ he was getting.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Zuttah got sent packing because he wasn’t that good.  Just because we don’t know if anyone can be better right now, doesn’t mean you justify his roster spot. L&L and T have a different approach. Chronis underachievers like Freeman, Geno Hayes, Myron Lewis and Quincy Black  won't be parked on their roster.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If your not first your last.  I was looking at a list of NFL players and Zuttah was in last place.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Ravens’ Ozzie Newsome is a good evaluator of talent, and was willing to give him a chance. Maybe he just needed a change of scenery, not just coaches. We basically got Pamphile for him, so hopefully he’ll develop for us under Warhop.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Ravens' Ozzie Newsome is a good evaluator of talent, and was willing to give him a chance. Maybe he just needed a change of scenery, not just coaches. We basically got Pamphile for him, so hopefully he'll develop for us under Warhop.

Ozzie is a good evaluator of defensive talent, when it comes to offense he's no more than average at best.Sure he's had some good offensive picks but for how long he's been in the job that's to be expected.Travis TaylorMark ClaytonKyle BollerChris RedmanYamon FiguresOniel CousinsJah ReidAll of them were offensive guys Ozzie took in the first 3 rounds, would you consider all of them good based on Newsomes evaluation?We've seen the guy play for more than a half decade, we shouldn't need Newsomes dubious evaluation skills (offensive players) to support any type of opinion on the guy. That's like saying Freeman was still good because despite 5 years of suckage the Giants/Coughlin gave him another shot. Sometimes when you hear hooves it really is a horse not a pink unicorn, same with players, sometimes those that sucked somewhere for 5+ years really do suck.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Ravens' Ozzie Newsome is a good evaluator of talent, and was willing to give him a chance. Maybe he just needed a change of scenery, not just coaches. We basically got Pamphile for him, so hopefully he'll develop for us under Warhop.

The Ravens had the worst center in arguably all of football and Zuttah has explicitly expressed he wanted to play exclusively only center so it made sense for the Baltimore organization to pursue the trade.Pamphile is going to be an interesting project.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When ranking GM’s, I’d rank Ozzie pretty high. Of course he’s not perfect; none ever have been. A few have had incredible streaks tho’…     So the Ravens wanted an upgrade from the bottom. Yeah, a bad C can really mess up an O'line, especially when facing a variety of blitz packages and alignments. Sometimes ya can't go from the outhouse to the penthouse in one trip.    As for da Bucs, they must be comfortable with Cousins and Meredith. Sounds like Lovie had a plan coming in to nab Dietrich-Smith as his C, meaning Zuttah was either getting moved to G or out the door...    Yeah, Pamphile can move for an O'lineman; 4.9 in the 40...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's not unanswered in my mind.Zuttah would have made a solid, versatile depth guy but the problem was salary, he was paid too well to sit on the bench, he was below average as a starting center & even worse as a guard.

Below average as a center and worse as a guard? While that may be true, he would still be the best guard we currently have playing for us sooooo.....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's not unanswered in my mind.Zuttah would have made a solid, versatile depth guy but the problem was salary, he was paid too well to sit on the bench, he was below average as a starting center & even worse as a guard.

Below average as a center and worse as a guard? While that may be true, he would still be the best guard we currently have playing for us sooooo.....

Yeah but that's like saying a punch in the mouth is better than a kick in the balls, then when you have to pay for the privilege you don't want to get ripped off too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If ADW has it right that Zuttah explicitly expressed he wanted to stay at C, then it all makes sense to me…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fans never know the inner working inside One Buc Place. My speculation is Zuttah played for Schiano at Rutgers and then again with the Bucs. Could it be that he wasn’t on board with the firing of his College and Pro Coach. If Licht and Smith felt Zuttah wasn’t on board with the new regime then they had every right to move him. 

Please wait…

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.