Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 37 reply threads

• Author

• Mark Cook

Keymaster

he https://www.pewterreport.com/articles/winston-report-training-camp-8-6/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gerald McCoy:“Jameis is Jameis – I mean, he’s been that since he was in high school,” McCoy said. “People have been saying he’s going to be a star for the longest (time), and he proved it in high school, came in, did it at Florida State – he’s not going to do anything different in the league. Every day I come in – I come in pretty early, in between 6:30 and 7:00 – he’s already in the locker room, working on his abs, doing his core work with one of our strength coaches. I mean, already. That means when I walk in, he’s already in the (middle) of it, that means he’s already been in, changed clothes, done everything necessary. Then he gets to meetings early, does everything he’s asked off the field as well as on the field. He puts in all the work necessary and has all the tools to be a great quarterback, so I think he’s going to do the same thing he’s been doing, and that’s be successful.”Will this finally put to bed those that question Winston's work ethic?  I still SMH when I read some poster questioning this.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gerald McCoy:“Jameis is Jameis – I mean, he’s been that since he was in high school,” McCoy said. “People have been saying he’s going to be a star for the longest (time), and he proved it in high school, came in, did it at Florida State – he’s not going to do anything different in the league. Every day I come in – I come in pretty early, in between 6:30 and 7:00 – he’s already in the locker room, working on his abs, doing his core work with one of our strength coaches. I mean, already. That means when I walk in, he’s already in the (middle) of it, that means he’s already been in, changed clothes, done everything necessary. Then he gets to meetings early, does everything he’s asked off the field as well as on the field. He puts in all the work necessary and has all the tools to be a great quarterback, so I think he’s going to do the same thing he’s been doing, and that’s be successful.”Will this finally put to bed those that question Winston's work ethic?  I still SMH when I read some poster questioning this.

McCoy works for TMZ during the offseason

Please wait…

• snidley

Participant

What McCoy said is why I have always felt that Jameis will not be a bust and have a long successful career in the NFL. Jameis hype precedes him and people at FSU didn’t want to believe that he would ever live up to his huge expectations and he did.expect him to prove a lot of people wrong. His most important attribute is he is a winner unlike anything the Bucs have had in years. Some Buc fans have no idea what they have in Winston.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

expect him to prove a lot of people wrong.

a lot of people? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Will this finally put to bed those that question Winston's work ethic?  I still SMH when I read some poster questioning this.

who has been questioning his work ethic?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Will this finally put to bed those that question Winston's work ethic?  I still SMH when I read some poster questioning this.

The seedy underbelly of America most likely.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can vouch…..Winston was much improved today. Looks the part.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It has been mentioned often paired with his horrible! ::)  off field issues at FSU in numerous articles about Winston.  There have been several over the last couple of months.Several on this board most critical of Winston have stated this over the last few months. Total BS. Winston has never had a poor work ethic. He eats, drinks, and sleeps the game of Football and QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It has been mentioned often paired with his horrible! ::)  off field issues at FSU in numerous articles about Winston.  There have been several over the last couple of months.Several on this board most critical of Winston have stated this over the last few months. Total BS. Winston has never had a poor work ethic. He eats, drinks, and sleeps the game of QB and Football.

Link or it didn't happen....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Louis Murphy still play for this team or naw?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It has been mentioned often paired with his horrible! ::)  off field issues at FSU in numerous articles about Winston.  There have been several over the last couple of months.Several on this board most critical of Winston have stated this over the last few months. Total BS. Winston has never had a poor work ethic. He eats, drinks, and sleeps the game of QB and Football.

One example:

How many red flags does a guy need in order to pass? Great passer. Horrible decision maker on and off the field, acts and treats people like he is better than they are and has been distracted from football over the entire course of his two year career. All of that makes me seriously question how dedicated and coachable he will be in Tampa.

Distracted from football? That's a new one. Yeah this guy clearly doesn't care about football. ::)That's just a lazy comment. People can't keep copying and pasting their Manziel criticisms into Winston threads.

Lazy? No. True? Maybe. Let's say that Winston is cleared of his rape charges. His off the field incidents amount to mostly harmless pranks and stupid crap. Stealing fountain soda, BB gun fights, crab legs, yelling things in the quad. While none by themselves stop him from being a good NFL QB, the sum of them tells me a story of a bored college kid who chose to spend his free time goofing off rather than focused on football. Mariota's story reads very differently. Mariota's story is one of routine and habit.So distracted is a perfect description in my eyes. He has a long history of doing stupid things that jeopardize his ability to play football. Those are not the actions of a guy who cares only about football and being the best NFL QB possible.You take the guy who has nothing else besides football, he'll eat, breath and sleep it 24/7 and that is the only way you become a HOFer. Mariota is much more like that guy that Winston.BTW, JFF has proven to be easily distracted. Winston will do the same. He'll be a better player than JFF but he'll never be as good as his potential because of his general attitude.

It's hardly the only one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

he's watching practice like the rest of the spectators

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

he's watching practice like the rest of the spectators

That sucks for him...thought played with some fire last season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

acacius – you went back to early feb?  cmon.  no one around here is questioning his work ethic. only a few did MONTHS ago and most of those were trolls hopping on the weight gain.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Blame PR’s search algorithms.  I didn’t work my way back chronologically.  ;)  That said, I don’t disagree that there hasn’t been much jawing about his work ethic lately.  I would have no particular objection to retiring the whole “see guyz, he *totally* is a hard worker despite what the mean people say!” meme.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

One example:

How many red flags does a guy need in order to pass? Great passer. Horrible decision maker on and off the field, acts and treats people like he is better than they are and has been distracted from football over the entire course of his two year career. All of that makes me seriously question how dedicated and coachable he will be in Tampa.

Distracted from football? That's a new one. Yeah this guy clearly doesn't care about football. ::)That's just a lazy comment. People can't keep copying and pasting their Manziel criticisms into Winston threads.

Lazy? No. True? Maybe. Let's say that Winston is cleared of his rape charges. His off the field incidents amount to mostly harmless pranks and stupid crap. Stealing fountain soda, BB gun fights, crab legs, yelling things in the quad. While none by themselves stop him from being a good NFL QB, the sum of them tells me a story of a bored college kid who chose to spend his free time goofing off rather than focused on football. Mariota's story reads very differently. Mariota's story is one of routine and habit.So distracted is a perfect description in my eyes. He has a long history of doing stupid things that jeopardize his ability to play football. Those are not the actions of a guy who cares only about football and being the best NFL QB possible.You take the guy who has nothing else besides football, he'll eat, breath and sleep it 24/7 and that is the only way you become a HOFer. Mariota is much more like that guy that Winston.BTW, JFF has proven to be easily distracted. Winston will do the same. He'll be a better player than JFF but he'll never be as good as his potential because of his general attitude.

It's hardly the only one.

Yes this one found within a couple minutes googlinghttp://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/31/jameis-winston-looks-flabby-at-florida-state-pro-day/From the article:There are also questions about Winston’s work ethicAnd yet another.....http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2015/04/26/jameis-winston-florida-state-seminoles-tampa-bay-buccaneers/26422131/Apr 26, 2015 - Jameis Winston isn't the first and won't be the last high-profile player ... career was derailed by a poor work ethic

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

you went back 4 months to a USATOday article for this quote?"He's also impressed his share of coaches and executives with his football IQ during visits with teams that run counter to the personnel executive quoted by The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel who lumped Winston in the same class as Russell, whose career was derailed by a poor work ethic and other off-the-field issues.Winston, on the other hand, is the one that Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher has called the smartest player he's ever been around, and one who draws raves for his work ethic."thats the best you could do?  an unnamed personnel exec quoted in a milwaukee paper?  shoot man.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes this one found within a couple minutes googlinghttp://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/31/jameis-winston-looks-flabby-at-florida-state-pro-day/From the article:There are also questions about Winston’s work ethicAnd yet another.....http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2015/04/26/jameis-winston-florida-state-seminoles-tampa-bay-buccaneers/26422131/Apr 26, 2015 - Jameis Winston isn't the first and won't be the last high-profile player ... THIS IS A FAKE SENTENCE ...I KNOW BECAUSE I ACTUALLY READ THE ARTICLE ...career was derailed by a poor work ethic

also read the first one.  you went back predraft to a simple statement of, “there are questions of work ethic” which was preceeded by the writer quoting his college coach as ridiculous.  as i already stated, this was another case of looking at his body and running a story.  this writer actually produced both sides of the argument, fair and balanced like you like, and said that body type does not matter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

RunoleMZ using false narratives for his agenda.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The facts are there with the links…  Not enough for those still incapable of accepting the fact that Winston’s character has been attacked unmercifully for almost 3 years.  To the point of making stuff up about his work ethic, receiving money for autographs, gambling issues, false complaint proven by 5 judicial reviews etc etc…The fact is it has happened and it still continues periodically on this board by those that continue to express their displeasure with the pick of Winston.  This week we get a post about Mariota? Huh? And how about this post today?https://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php/topic,1325755.0.htmlYes, the false narrative doesn't and never has existed!  YEH RIGHT!  ::)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

the facts are that you keep bringing up dead debates just to advocate for your guy.  you think you are championing some kid, but you are just bringing back to light the issues and questions that were relevant at that time.  you are arguing against ghosts.  and i think you are lying again by saying his character has been unmercifully attacked for 3 years.  his actions were magnified for about a year.  he made a lot of bad decisions in that year.  he has said so himself.  he has said he has learned and matured.  he said so himself.  no one is attacking the guy now.  just you and your ghosts.we will always get posts about mariota, gruden, glennon, michael bennett.  they have relevancy to the Bucs past, present or future.  and your new post you are referencing, thats really the one you want to put stock into?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Runole is a very effective debater when he creates the position of his opposition.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

the facts are that you keep bringing up dead debates just to advocate for your guy.  you think you are championing some kid, but you are just bringing back to light the issues and questions that were relevant at that time.  you are arguing against ghosts.  and i think you are lying again by saying his character has been unmercifully attacked for 3 years.  his actions were magnified for about a year.  he made a lot of bad decisions in that year.  he has said so himself.  he has said he has learned and matured.  he said so himself.  no one is attacking the guy now.  just you and your ghosts.we will always get posts about mariota, gruden, glennon, michael bennett.  they have relevancy to the Bucs past, present or future.  and your new post you are referencing, thats really the one you want to put stock into?

Hey I will make this really easy for you though I don't believe you will be able to supply an example.Name one NFL/CFB in history that has received more unfair scrutiny than Winston has in the last 3 years.  He has never been arrested or charged with any serious crime despite extensive review by the criminal and code of conduct reviews and failed appeals now 5 times!When has that every happened before?When has any CFB player been suspended for a dirty phrase uttered among friends?Now I admit that Winston's crab leg ( hook up) citation is worth criticism but again has any hook up in history been given more negative rhetoric?  Even him being shown with a picture of crab legs as gift deserves an extreme negative response?OOPS! I think I have couple! The Footlocker and Free Shoes U WTF?  And of course Peter Warrick and Dillards discount shopping I am sure contend for the top spot.In contrast coverage of footlocker vs Tank BlackTreon Harris and Jameis WinstonOh and recently you question concerning the current suspension of Dalvin Cook with Hernandez?  When was Hernandez suspended at Florida for his assaults and shootings?Yes I am aware of the one game suspension against Hawaii for smoking Pot in a game won by Florida 56-10.Apparently violent behavior is less egregious than smoking pot?

All of this in response to my stating that Winston has a strong work ethic and being tired of the erroneous a fictional narrative that he does not have a strong work ethic.I get a SMARMY! reply that unless it is linked it didn't happen?  After producing links that it indeed has happened and your response somehow is an attempt to diminish the facts?I guess that proves my point.  No matter what Winston does he will always be the devil incarnate to some.  IMO that is grossly unfair and totally repugnant.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Runole is a very effective debater when he creates the position of his opposition.

good point!Have you got a second? I would like to run something by you!tumblr_lzwzp5ePsB1qdir35_zpse306f126.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When has it ever been relevant that Winston's work ethic has been rightfully questioned?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Holy Shite people…How long do we have to tolerate Runole’s sick, demented, unhealthy, and just down right creepy obsession with every single antiJaboo article ever written??Can we just ban the bastard? Please? Its the same argument from every single angle ever devised.Guess what Runole...I actually went to camp today and your boy looked liked shit for most of camp...lame ducks, under thrown balls, and holding the ball too long. I wasn't the only one that thought he looked like shit either...so I guess we are now the seedy underbelly.PLEASE, PLEASE for the Love of this Board PLEASE get rid of Runole...a SIMPLE Training Camp thread devolves into his cesspool.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Runole, I will make this very easy for you.  It’s not 3 years ago, it’s today.  Get over it. Just about Everyone here likes Winstons. Espn was very nice to him yesterday. Quit living in the past.It's a fact that winston gained some bad weight his last year at fsu.  He has confirmed this fact.  This spawned much of the work ethic questions. Which were put to bed months ago. Which you keep digging up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Holy (censored)e people...How long do we have to tolerate Runole's sick, demented, unhealthy, and just down right creepy obsession with every single antiJaboo article ever written??Can we just ban the bastard? Please? Its the same argument from every single angle ever devised.Guess what Runole...I actually went to camp today and your boy looked liked (censored) for most of camp...lame ducks, under thrown balls, and holding the ball too long. I wasn't the only one that thought he looked like (censored) either...so I guess we are now the seedy underbelly.PLEASE, PLEASE for the Love of this Board PLEASE get rid of Runole...a SIMPLE Training Camp thread devolves into his cesspool.

And your post filled with so much vitriol is for what useful purpose? You want to have the board completely one-sided against Winston the Bucs starting QB?I would say for someone that is a fan of the BUCS your commentary is far more damaging to the BUCS than anything I have posted defending Winston's most unfair character assassination. Hey I get it!  You don't like Winston.  Fine.  I disagree with your viewpoint and its vitriol towards Winston and me personally.  So which one of us is the "bad guy" here?  You going on an all out attack against me personally versus my post in response to you?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Runole, I will make this very easy for you.  It's not 3 years ago, it's today.  Get over it. Just about Everyone here likes Winstons. Espn was very nice to him yesterday. Quit living in the past.It's a fact that winston gained some bad weight his last year at fsu.  He has confirmed this fact.  This spawned much of the work ethic questions. Which were put to bed months ago. Which you keep digging up.

Actually, I don't keep digging anything up.  I just merely stated "Will this finally put to bed those that question Winston's work ethic?This is reason for such personal insults and vitriol towards me?  WOW!So everyone here likes Winston?... I suggest you read Marine's post?Winston only gained weight for a couple of weeks prior to the combine.  That has nothing to do with his work ethic.  He takes a couple of weeks off for vacation and gains a few pounds.  Oh the Humanity!Was this really a problem? or just another attempt to demean the kid?  Like everything else Winston is doing everything he can to obliterate the false narrative surrounding him. That I believe he deserves praise and apologies for the horrible way he has been treated is wrong?   

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Actually, I don't keep digging anything up.  I just merely stated "Will this finally put to bed those that question Winston's work ethic?This is reason for such personal insults and vitriol towards me?  WOW!So everyone here likes Winston?... I suggest you read Marine's post?Winston only gained weight for a couple of weeks prior to the combine.  That has nothing to do with his work ethic.  He takes a couple of weeks off for vacation and gains a few pounds.  Oh the Humanity!Was this really a problem? or just another attempt to demean the kid?  Like everything else Winston is doing everything he can to obliterate the false narrative surrounding him. That I believe he deserves praise and apologies for the horrible way he has been treated is wrong? 

yeah, you just merely stated a loaded question when the entire free world is complimenting winston.  you are trolling for it, and you are getting a response.was it a problem that winston gained weight?  i dont thnk so.  but it is reason to ask when he carries around extra weight during the season.  it doesnt demean him to ask why he is not in tiptop shape if he is attempting to be an elite athlete.that you believe he deserves additional praise for doing what he is supposed to be doing is overboard imo.  that you cant comprehend that since he started working for the Bucs he has been treated fine by the media is ridiculous to me.  the false narrative lives in your mind.  and the fact that you cant read what others post is a poor way to debate.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

yeah, you just merely stated a loaded question when the entire free world is complimenting winston.  you are trolling for it, and you are getting a response.was it a problem that winston gained weight?  i dont thnk so.  but it is reason to ask when he carries around extra weight during the season.  it doesnt demean him to ask why he is not in tiptop shape if he is attempting to be an elite athlete.that you believe he deserves additional praise for doing what he is supposed to be doing is overboard imo.  that you cant comprehend that since he started working for the Bucs he has been treated fine by the media is ridiculous to me.  the false narrative lives in your mind.  and the fact that you cant read what others post is a poor way to debate.

You miss my point. Wasn't it an issue with you because there was a picture of him with crab legs?I am not suggesting that the media recently hasn't been fair.  I just made a random comment about Winston's work ethic and some go off the deep end. but it is reason to ask when he carries around extra weight during the season.During his tenure at FSU, I never noticed him carrying extra weight during the PLAYING season.I don't believe every second of his life is press worthy nor should it necessarily be put in a negative light.  Winston is a rookie QB that deserves the same coverage as any Rookie QB no more no less.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You miss my point. 1Wasn't it an issue with you because there was a picture of him with crab legs?2I am not suggesting that the media recently hasn't been fair.  I just made a random comment about Winston's work ethic and some go off the deep end. 3I don't believe every second of his life is press worthy nor should it necessarily be put in a negative light.  4Winston is a rookie QB that deserves the same coverage as any Rookie QB no more no less.

you dont have a good point.1if you cant remember what i said on the issue, go ahead and look it up.2it wasnt a random comment, it was a allegation.  an allegation that was dismissed months ago.3take it up with society.4 you believe that trevor seiman deserves the same amount of coverage as winston?  either you are a liar, or you mispoke, ill let you clarify.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Runole is a full blown idiot...he thinks my post indicates that I don't like Winston. My post was because I don't like HIM! Runole is a toxic, living in the past, sorry excuse for a football fan. The majority of his posts are only here to defend his boy...not his team.  He is so infected with Jaboo love, he misses the majority of the posts pointing out his problem.He lives in the false narrative world where everyone is out to get Jaboo. He is just sad and pathetic.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wonder if Jameis has a restraining order on Runole. If not, it’s something to consider.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And all this silliness because I proclaimed : “Will this finally put to bed those that question Winston’s work ethic?A song dedicated to my very special fan clubhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awi14wDTxNw

Please wait…

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.