Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 22 reply threads

• Author

• Mark Cook

Keymaster

https://www.pewterreport.com/articles/winston-report-training-camp-day-1/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can’t complain about his performance too much. Not only was it his first training camp practice, the practice too place many hours late, it was in the rain, and on unfamiliar territory.On top of all that, he's still a rookie. I don't expect him to have a good year, honestly. I just hope to see flashes of what he can be.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Are there no indoor facilities available in Tampa?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Someone has mentioned Tropicana field if the Rays are out of town.  That could help if this constant rain continues.

Please wait…

• jgrable1

Participant

https://www.pewterreport.com/articles/winston-report-training-camp-day-1/

It was the first practice and it was postponed several times, finally moved to another site and later finished in heavy rain?Giving the passing game a C grade under these conditions seems silly to me.  This grade was objectively based on what?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why are we even grading practices? Knowing the results is fine for me. I honestly think grading performance is far too subjective.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Only grade it if it is an “A” imo.They have to play in rain from time to time.  It's a good thing to get to practice in it as long as there isn't lightning (or insane high winds with people on high towers).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree, but slippery fields also make for unsure footing, pulled groin muscles, twisted ankles and other sorts of injuries. While I think we need to practice when the fields are wet, I really don’t want it to be a daily thing either.Hoping for some sunshine during practice today.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like the idea of grading each practice.  It allows you to create a cumulative grade overall and gives a better gauge of net progress that can be quantified in some fashion.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, but grades are unreliable. What’s the criteria? Is SR a harder grader than MC? How much does weather impact the grade? What was being practiced and was it being followed correctly? I understand game grades, you at least have some context for a grading system. But practice grades? To each his own.

Please wait…

• ZMan08151992

We are talking about practice….practice….we are talking about practice….not the game …we are talking about practice

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is just for fun. Of course there is no criteria for the grades other than the eyeball test. For those that plan on going to camp, please also add your grades in as well. Would be fun and interesting to see if we are all seeing the same thing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is just for fun. Of course there is no criteria for the grades other than the eyeball test. For those that plan on going to camp, please also add your grades in as well. Would be fun and interesting to see if we are all seeing the same thing.

Mark,What time will you be on the field today? I'm curious if it's still flooded and they will move practice again. It's too bad today is the later practice as well. Bay News 9 has cloudy skies up until 5 pm, then thunderstorms starting around 5 pm.  Looks like it has changed, thunderstorms through the day now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mark,What time will you be on the field today? I'm curious if it's still flooded and they will move practice again. It's too bad today is the later practice as well. Bay News 9 has cloudy skies up until 5 pm, then thunderstorms starting around 5 pm.  Looks like it has changed, thunderstorms through the day now.

I will be there around 3:30 and will update as soon as I get a look. Yeah, it isn't looking pretty.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like the idea of grading each practice.  It allows you to create a cumulative grade overall and gives a better gauge of net progress that can be quantified in some fashion.

It's not reliable. Remember last year when PR kept saying how amazing McCown looked in practice? How'd that work out once the season started?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Someone has mentioned Tropicana field if the Rays are out of town.  That could help if this constant rain continues.

Next season they need to lease the Fair Expo Hall during camp and lay some turf in there for these rain days. Just a thought.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was looking at a weather app and it says it will be raining in the Tampa area everyday until next weekend.  I hope they have some decent alternative plans in place. With so many rookies and a new system, they can’t afford to be missing quality practice time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's not reliable. Remember last year when PR kept saying how amazing McCown looked in practice? How'd that work out once the season started?

And he did look good through OTAs and camp. Ask every other reporter who was here and wrote the same thing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And he did look good through OTAs and camp. Ask every other reporter who was here and wrote the same thing.

Agree.  I don't know what happened once the live bullets started flying. He just regressed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd go as far as saying that McCown looked pretty good in the Buffalo preseason game too which ironically enough was the last game that Tedford was the OC.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd go as far as saying that McCown looked pretty good in the Buffalo preseason game too which ironically enough was the last game that Tedford was the OC.

Good point. And how a guy looks in camp and OTAs is not always indicative of how he will perform when the lights turn on. I just report what I see. And yesterday I saw an average performance and gave a C grade.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good point. And how a guy looks in camp and OTAs is not always indicative of how he will perform when the lights turn on. I just report what I see. And yesterday I saw an average performance and gave a C grade.

Good stuff, Mark.  I look forward to the rest too - and I like the grading concept.  "That grades absurd!! What did you objectively base this on!? Why are we even grading practices!?"Gooood lord relax...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He has played in the rain before you babies. It isn’t a big deal, he had practice one under his belt. Two dropped INTs is concerning, that's it.

Please wait…

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.