Viewing 67 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Jameis Winston's dad says son will play two more seasons at FSU By Bryan Fischer College Football 24/7 writer    NFL.comPublished: June 19, 2014 at 12:10 a.m. win_zpsb3e345ff.pngAfter Jameis Winston won the Heisman Trophy and led Florida State to the BCS National Championship a season ago, many wonder what's left for the young quarterback to accomplish at the school.If you ask his father, quite a bit apparently.In an interview with AL.com on Wednesday, Antonor Winston told the paper that despite speculation that 2014 would be Jameis' final season for the Seminoles before declaring early for the 2015 NFL Draft, the plan is for the young signal-caller spend more time in Tallahassee before moving on to the pros."We want Jameis to succeed with one more year in baseball and two more years in football," the elder Winston said. "We've never strayed from our plan that he is going to be in college until he gets that degree."That would give Winston three seasons of college football before he would declare early for the 2016 NFL Draft as a redshirt junior. While that may cause a few eyebrows to raise around the league, Seminoles fans may already be getting up their hopes of seeing him in gannet and gold longer than anybody thought.Perhaps the most interesting part of the article -- and a sharp contrast to Winston's reputation after incidents off the field -- is that the quarterback is studying to get an engineering degree and originally went off to college with dreams of becoming a podiatrist. Yes, a podiatrist. He's scheduled to graduate in December 2015 according to his father.Already considered one of the top quarterbacks in college football, Winston has the talent to be a possible first-round pick if he were to come out early. Because he redshirted in 2012 when Buffalo Bills starter E.J. Manuel was firmly established as the starter, he would be eligible to declare for the 2015 NFL Draft after being out of high school for three years.Winston's father also confirmed that baseball is still in the cards for another season for the talented dual-sport athlete as well. The closer was a key part in Florida State's run to the NCAA Tournament and helped them spend a number of weeks ranked No. 1 in the nation thanks to a 1.08 ERA and 31 strikeouts on the season. Winston was a highly touted prep baseball player before arriving in Tallahassee and could end up as an early round pick in the 2015 MLB Draft."We have heard for him to go in the first round of the baseball draft then he will have to give up football," Antonor Winston said.Even the best laid plans have a knack for changing when there's millions of dollars involved but the strong statement from Winston's father that he he'll be around Florida State longer than expected should be a welcome bit of news for Seminoles fans and an unwelcome bit for ACC foes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But….I thought we were going to tank for him. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Happens every year. Luckily Glennon is “our future”..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Judging by what a d-bag his son is , I don’t think this father has done a good enough job fathering to predict what his son will do.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Upon reading this, Publix ordered another year’s worth of alarms for their crab legs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Upon reading this, Publix ordered another year's worth of alarms for their crab legs.

Lol. I also heard Tallahassee experienced a sudden surge in sales for rape whistles and pepper spray.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He will spend his summers in Columbus, OH, learning how to kill multiple people while getting paid millions of dollars.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Upon reading this, Publix ordered another year's worth of alarms for their crab legs.

Lol. I also heard Tallahassee experienced a sudden surge in sales for rape whistles and pepper spray.

Lol. He gotta stay in school longer to perfect that good rape.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think mariota will be the prized qb.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston, whenever he comes out, will be as strong a QB as the league has seen since Luck.  The guy is one of those, only comes around once every 10 years, QB. Love him or hate him, he’s legit.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston, whenever he comes out, will be as strong a QB as the league has seen since Luck.  The guy is one of those, only comes around once every 10 years, QB. Love him or hate him, he's legit.

Lol. No coincidence that you're an FSU fan, right?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston’s mechanics suck . No way he’s as good a prospect as Luck right now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When he leaves Doak Campbell stadium, or any field for that matter, as a loser, you give me a shout.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep, there’s that FSU homerism.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep, there's that FSU homerism.

Homerism or not, you let me know when he loses on the football field.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have no doubt that's he's a great QB. Not sure about that big question mark in between his ears.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have no doubt that's he's a great QB. Not sure about that big question mark in between his ears.

He's no dummy, 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's no dummy,

I was referring to his character and decision making off the field.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's no dummy,

I have a lucky charm that I carry around and I pray that he is done making dumb decisions off the field .  I'm not sure it will work but man, if he screws up even a little bit more, he's gone.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's no dummy,

I have a lucky charm that I carry around and I pray that he is done making dumb decisions off the field .  I'm not sure it will work but man, if he screws up even a little bit more, he's gone.

I don't blame you. All the talent in the world, and he's acting like a total bonehead. Someone needs to straighten this kid out. This guy's off the field behavior is a MUCH bigger red flag than any of Manziel's.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's no dummy,

Publix and the Tallahassee police say that's a lie.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m an fsu fan and i don’t get the homerism. He’s got talent, but has a ton to prove. Some on field, and a lot off the field.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's no dummy,

Actually the Tallahassee police lie and cover up for him . Only reason he's not in jail right now , lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Colin Reardon will be eligible for the draft in 2 years.  We can wait for him… not Winston.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wait for Trevor Knight

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We will not be in position to get Winston.  If we were, we would be making a huge mistake by not taking him.  Sometimes, even when you wake up with a voodoo doll dedicated to your hatred of a team or individual, you have to put that aside for the betterment of the team.  The best player in the history of our franchise is a Nole, it’s not a big deal.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

Kind of insulting to compare him to 55.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We will not be in position to get Winston.  If we were, we would be making a huge mistake by not taking him.  Sometimes, even when you wake up with a voodoo doll dedicated to your hatred of a team or individual, you have to put that aside for the betterment of the team.  The best player in the history of our franchise is a Nole, it's not a big deal.

There's a legitimate chance I'd have to pass on him. There are so many red flags with this guy. I could care less where he went to school.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston, whenever he comes out, will be as strong a QB as the league has seen since Luck.  The guy is one of those, only comes around once every 10 years, QB. Love him or hate him, he's legit.

Yeah...Ryan Leaf was considered one of those also but he didn't have the work ethic and couldn't stay out of trouble. Just because someone has all the physical tools doesn't mean they will be successful. Look at JaMarcus Russell...he's another perfect example of someone with all the skill in the world that pissed it all away.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We will not be in position to get Winston.  If we were, we would be making a huge mistake by not taking him.  Sometimes, even when you wake up with a voodoo doll dedicated to your hatred of a team or individual, you have to put that aside for the betterment of the team.  The best player in the history of our franchise is a Nole, it's not a big deal.

There's a legitimate chance I'd have to pass on him. There are so many red flags with this guy. I could care less where he went to school.

He just needs to grow up.  His dedication to the game and his skill set are too good for anyone to pass on.  Just like Clowney was a lock cinch guarantee for the #1 spot despite the noise that he may or may not go #1, Winston will be #1 when he comes out.  He's the best player in college football and it's not even close.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

I’m going to have to question his “dedication to the game.” Doing stupid crap that should land you in jail shows a lack of commitment to your teammates.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston may end up being a victim of having too much success too early. He always had a questionable work ethic and maturity level , and having so much success with that attitude won’t change it. It validates it in his mind. He is going to assume things will always come easy for him , and on the NFL that is not the case. Ask Leaf and Russell.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston may end up being a victim of having too much success too early. He always had a questionable work ethic and maturity level , and having so much success with that attitude won't change it. It validates it in his mind. He is going to assume things will always come easy for him , and on the NFL that is not the case. Ask Leaf and Russell.

His work ethic has never ever been in question.  Fisher raves about it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm going to have to question his "dedication to the game." Doing stupid crap that should land you in jail shows a lack of commitment to your teammates.

While i agree what he did was stupid.  His work on the football field and with his team is a separate issue. 

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

When you’re in jail you don’t play. NOT a separate issue.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When you're in jail you don't play. NOT a separate issue.

He's not in jail.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When you're in jail you don't play. NOT a separate issue.

He's not in jail.

Luckily

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol of course Fisher raves about him. He is his meal ticket.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol of course Fisher raves about him. He is his meal ticket.

Look, we have common ground rooting for the Buccaneers.  It's ok that we hate each others college team.  I was not the biggest Percy fan but denying his talent is downright foolish.  Fisher appears to have many meal tickets although I think he's dropped 40 lbs so, there's that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No one is denying Winston has talent. They are doubting your assertion he is a Luck level NFL prospect because of his piss poor attitude.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

Yeah, he's not in jail this time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And that’s why I think it’s a good call on his part to stay in college at least one more year after this one.  If he can prove that he’s wised up an can keep his nose clean for an extended period, that’s got to help his propsects as an NFL player.  Of course, if he can’t, well that’s another story entirely…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Needs 2 years to tighten up his mechanics also.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's no dummy,

Actually the Tallahassee police lie and cover up for him . Only reason he's not in jail right now , lol.

I can understand the skepticism, but I genuinely think there's a good chance that it was incompetence on TPD's part rather than malice.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He just needs to grow up.  His dedication to the game and his skill set are too good for anyone to pass on.  Just like Clowney was a lock cinch guarantee for the #1 spot despite the noise that he may or may not go #1, Winston will be #1 when he comes out.  He's the best player in college football and it's not even close.

The red flags that Winston has and the ones that Clowney are not even comparable. I'm surprised you of all people can't see that. Too much emotional attachment because he plays for your favorite college team. Remember, you were the one who was berating JFF's off-field issues more than anyone on here. And JFF is a saint compared to this guy. Funny how one guy will get a pass from you and the other won't.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The red flags that Winston has and the ones that Clowney are not even comparable. I'm surprised you of all people can't see that. Too much emotional attachment because he plays for your favorite college team. Remember, you were the one who was berating JFF's off-field issues more than anyone on here. And JFF is a saint compared to this guy. Funny how one guy will get a pass from you and the other won't.

He shoplifted some crab legs and he stole some pepsi from BK.  That's the beginning and end of his rap sheet.  Any discussion involving the "rape case" is just slinging mud.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

His pattern is indicative of someone with a sense of entitlement. People like that don’t usually change. I’ve heard Winston compared to Brooks, and even heard Brooks defend him. But Brooks accepted something that was against the rules and he didn’t realize it. Winston knew damn well what he was doing was against the rules, he just thinks he’s above the rules.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

His pattern is indicative of someone with a sense of entitlement. People like that don't usually change. I've heard Winston compared to Brooks, and even heard Brooks defend him. But Brooks accepted something that was against the rules and he didn't realize it. Winston knew damn well what he was doing was against the rules, he just thinks he's above the rules.

^ This

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He shoplifted some crab legs and he stole some pepsi from BK.  That's the beginning and end of his rap sheet.  Any discussion involving the "rape case" is just slinging mud.

And the BB gun battles, etc. And no, the rape case is not slinging mud. Again, this all just shows that you're a hypocrite.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And the BB gun battles, etc. And no, the rape case is not slinging mud. Again, this all just shows that you're a hypocrite.

Hypocrite? Hardly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hypocrite? Hardly The Epitome.

FIFY

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Little bit of hypocrisy here. You had plenty of mud to sling about Johnny Football’s personal life , and he never did anything as bad as Winston.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Little bit of hypocrisy here. You had plenty of mud to sling about Johnny Football's personal life , and he never did anything as bad as Winston.

True

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hate this subject and it does not mean he is innocent or guilty, but anyone who takes the time to read about the rape investigation would come away with an uneasy feeling about the investigation

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Little bit of hypocrisy here. You had plenty of mud to sling about Johnny Football's personal life , and he never did anything as bad as Winston.

JFF is a product of media hype.  He is great at marketing himself to the white trash pit bull owner.  He's constantly drawing attention to himself and is a me, me type person. To his credit, he has convinced people, some of them with good football analytic history, that he can play the game in the pros.  Which is laughable.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

JFF is a product of media hype.  He is great at marketing himself to the white trash pit bull owner.  He's constantly drawing attention to himself and is a me, me type person. To his credit, he has convinced people, some of them with good football analytic history, that he can play the game in the pros.  Which is laughable.

..... all of that and no mention of the QB who doesn't believe in consent with anything.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hate this subject and it does not mean he is innocent or guilty, but anyone who takes the time to read about the rape investigation would come away with an uneasy feeling about the investigation

Lord knows if that was EJ Manuel, Chris Rix or Adrian McPherson the case wouldn't have been dismissed so lightly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hypocrite? Hardly.

hypocrite!  And a jack wagon! 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

omg!  What a racist statement.  Everyone knows it’s blacks and Mexicans  that own pit bulls.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hypocrite? Hardly.

hypocrite!  And a jack wagon!

Oh S&B, so mentally small it's very entertaining.  Thanks for jumping in buddy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol! Like I said, hypocrisy. Not that 10lb had any credit to begin with...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hopefully, the team is solid at the QB position, by the time the draft rolls around. And drafting a QB is the last thing on their minds.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope we aren’t in the market for a QB when next season rolls around but if we are I don’t want this @ssclown anyways. I don’t care how good he is, he’s a monumental idiot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope we aren't in the market for a QB when next season rolls around but if we are I don't want this @ssclown anyways. I don't care how good he is, he's a monumental idiot.

We have too many pieces on offense to be in play for a QB next season. That said, Winston never loses.  Trust me, you want him on your team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he’s facing constant suspensions for boneheaded moves like that then no, I dont. Also, it’s not unusual for players to screw up and make asses out of themselves like he has but it’s not something you usually see out of a QB. I realize he was a freshman but a QB needs to be a leader.That said, I hope you're right about the first statement.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he's facing constant suspensions for boneheaded moves like that then no, I dont. Also, it's not unusual for players to screw up and make asses out of themselves like he has but it's not something you usually see out of a QB. I realize he was a freshman but a QB needs to be a leader.That said, I hope you're right about the first statement.

Wouldn't you be surprised/disappointed if we had less than 8 wins?  This team is stacked.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d be dissapointed, not sure about surprised… depends on the record. We have a lot of talent but we might be relying on some rookies to play some big roles and that can take some patience. I expect anywhere from 7-9 to 10-6 out of them this year. So I wouldn’t be SURPRISED by 7 wins, hell it would be an improvement! I’d be dissapointed with anything less than 8, though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, I temper my enthusiasm with the knowledge that so much of our team is brand new to Tampa.  I think our defense improves and our offense can’t get much worse.  Easier schedule this year too, I think 8-8 is the bare minimum.

Please wait…

Viewing 67 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.