Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 64 reply threads

• Author

• Anonymous

Inactive

Search for the Debbie Downer GIF but, it’s looking like more and more each day that there will be no season. We knew this was very likely when we brought Brady in and now, it’s looking like he will be 44 when he takes his first snap as a Buc. Not great.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

As if one thread wasn’t enough.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As if one thread wasn’t enough.

Please wait…

He needs his attention, notice how his focus is still on his hatred for Brady? Wahh wahh, Brady is old.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Or, it’s important to point out the short sightedness our franchise has with almost every single big move.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Or, it’s important to point out the short sightedness our franchise has with almost every single big move.

Please wait…

Or, you could’ve just posted this in the other Covid thread.

Please wait…

• Roy

Participant

Flat Steve, don’t worry they’ll play. You are our resident Debbie Downer taking over for Morgan.
      They will play Week 1 in New Orleans, who will be without their main weapon, the crowd noise. Now they will pump in some crowd noise but I’m assuming there will be some regulation about the volume control.

Speaking of the Saints, can you take this to Jameis if you see him? He forgot his most important piece of equipment.
      Clipboard

Please wait…

• Patsboy12

Participant

You really need some counseling, dude. Seriously, I just disliked you a bit at first. But now… I’m actually concerned.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You really need some counseling, dude. Seriously, I just disliked you a bit at first. But now… I’m actually concerned.

Please wait…

How would this be construed as anything personal? We now have some political winds going against us and Fauci coming out of his hole to make a statement like “I don’t know how the NFL is going to have a season..”. I personally would lose my mind without college and pro football this upcoming season. I certainly don’t want the season cancelled but, we had the balance of information prior to signing Brady and it was simple.

A) we have a global pandemic and it may be a year before we have a vaccine that will enable fans and players to gather in large groups again
      B) So let’s play the offseason conservatively as there probably wont be football in the fall.

Trump was all for the games being played until Drew Brees made his pie sore. Now he’s going to do whatever it takes to cripple the game.

This has the potential to be the most Tampa off-season ever. At least Tampa isn’t supposed to host the Super Bowl this year…

Please wait…

• Bootz04

Blocked

I do wonder who still thinks TC will happen next month. That’ll let me know just how deep the delusion is set in.

Please wait…

• Patsboy12

Participant

I do wonder who still thinks TC will happen next month. That’ll let me know just how deep the delusion is set in.

Please wait…

I was definitely hoping… but I just don’t think the NFL can be that stupid. But it is the NFL, so…

Please wait…

• Jed

Participant

Please wait…

I was definitely hoping… but I just don’t think the NFL can be that stupid. But it is the NFL, so…

Please wait…

The NHL players returned to practice in small groups. This is in an enclosed facility. Why can’t NFL teams modify camp into several groups outside?

Please wait…

• buccaneerNW

Participant

A Bucs assistant coach has tested positive and 2 others have been quarantined… and they just showed up!

Who thinks this stuff is gonna get better when all the players are in close quarters?

Dream on, there won’t be a season… Or whatever season there is will be abbreviated and disrupted by COVID.

Or maybe the laws of science will suddenly be suspended because the NFL wants to play games with sweaty dudes breathing all over each other.

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

Deflatesteve ,you said this in my thread,….

Butters is correct. Nothing political about this virus. No one good is dying under the age of 60. Let’s play football on schedule and just use common sense for the next year or so.

So which is it? No season or playing football?

Please wait…

• Bootz04

Blocked

Please wait…

Please wait…

The NHL players returned to practice in small groups. This is in an enclosed facility. Why can’t NFL teams modify camp into several groups outside?

Please wait…

Glad you mentioned NHL’S practices. The Tampa Bay lightning today closed their facility after SEVERAL players and staff tested positive for Covid-19.

Please wait…

• Bootz04

Blocked

The dreamers and junkies still think everything will be fine.

A Bucs assistant coach has tested positive and 2 others have been quarantined… and they just showed up!

Who thinks this stuff is gonna get better when all the players are in close quarters?

Dream on, there won’t be a season… Or whatever season there is will be abbreviated and disrupted by COVID.

Or maybe the laws of science will suddenly be suspended because the NFL wants to play games with sweaty dudes breathing all over each other.

Please wait…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Deflatesteve ,you said this in my thread,….

Butters is correct. Nothing political about this virus. No one good is dying under the age of 60. Let’s play football on schedule and just use common sense for the next year or so.

So which is it? No season or playing football?

Please wait…

This was pre-Trump getting his feathers ruffled by Brees. Then this second wave. Trust me, if it was up to me there would be a season and all businesses would be open. No one is dying from this and sure, some are going to their knees with pain but, we have to move on.

Trump, being the cock piece that he is, has an ax to grind post Brees walking his racism back, and so now i think the season is in dire straights.

Please wait…

• Roy

Participant

Some owners have been looking to push back the season now and get it over with. So I could see that happening. This could make for some interesting cold weather games in Green Bay, Pittsburg, Buffalo, New ENgland or KC if they push games into the later weeks of January.

Interesting because it won’t be the Bucs! The Bucs dodged the bullet on the cold weather games this year. Taking a look at the schedule, they have no Northern outdoor games after Week 8 at NYG on Nov 2.

So I’ll bring up another angle. If the NFL plays without fans, what difference does it make where they play? If they are still playing without fans in January, why play in Green Bay?

Please wait…

• BP1

Participant

Please wait…

Please wait…

Please wait…

Glad you mentioned NHL’S practices. The Tampa Bay lightning today closed their facility after SEVERAL players and staff tested positive for Covid-19.

Please wait…

I was so excited at the Lightning returning to the ice. Now this horrible news. If there are no Bucs games this season I’m out of here. I’m moving to a small deserted island with all my family and close friends. BP Island will be my new home.

Please wait…

• RickDunn28

Participant

I tried to waitlist Bolt tickets and they said no go

Please wait…

• buccaneerNW

Participant

There isn’t going to be a season.

Training camps are scheduled to open in the next month, but Covid cases and hospitalizations are headed up around the country. Is that going to magically reverse in the next month? Not likely, as long as Trump people think mask-wearing is an issue of personal freedom. As long as we’re in this situation, it would be extremely irresponsible to open facilities to 90 players + coaches + staff… That’s your reality check.

Please wait…

• Wutt

Participant

Training camps are scheduled to open in the next month, but Covid cases and hospitalizations are headed up around the country. Is that going to magically reverse in the next month? Not likely, as long as Trump people think mask-wearing is an issue of personal freedom. As long as we’re in this situation, it would be extremely irresponsible to open facilities to 90 players + coaches + staff… That’s your reality check.

Please wait…

Can you see the future? No? Then STFU.

Please wait…

• buccaneerNW

Participant

Great response tough guy.

You do realize that yesterday was a record for new cases nationwide. Hospitalizations are up sharply… and the cult of the orange assclown thinks wearing a mask is a question of freedom. Apparently, it’s their right to spread coronavirus. So, the trends are heading up nationwide, in over half the states and especially bad in Florida and Texas… And training camps are less than a month away…

Do you envision the situation magically improving? Or are you delusional like dear leader saying the virus is behind us? There’s a lot of stupidity and misinformation from the top.

How do you open camps when the COVID is getting worse? Or do you just not care (like Cheeto Jeezus)?

Please wait…

• Wutt

Participant

Great response tough guy.

You do realize that yesterday was a record for new cases nationwide. Hospitalizations are up sharply… and the cult of the orange assclown thinks wearing a mask is a question of freedom. Apparently, it’s their right to spread coronavirus. So, the trends are heading up nationwide, in over half the states and especially bad in Florida and Texas… And training camps are less than a month away…

Do you envision the situation magically improving? Or are you delusional like dear leader saying the virus is behind us? There’s a lot of stupidity and misinformation from the top.

How do you open camps when the COVID is getting worse? Or do you just not care (like Cheeto Jeezus)?

Please wait…

I live in a state with mask laws in effect and dont have many problems, if the fucks in the 19 states that dont have mask rules would get on board COVID cases would be very low and manageable. I was basically saying you don’t have a crystal ball to see what it is going to look like in a few months to say otherwise so, STFU. Talk about the team, talking about covid is getting fucking old especially with the dumbass potus who doesnt even care anymore.

On a side note pft is reporting as of right now NFL is still planning on training camp starting at the end of July. Apparently the NFL has some pretty good testing protocols in place according to Adam Schefter.

Please wait…

• The Anomaly

Participant

Testing protocols has nothing to do with trying to keep 100+ players and staff isolated.

Times 32…I put the chances of football in 2020 at less 20%.

Maybe lower.

Please wait…

• buccaneerNW

Participant

Times 32…I put the chances of football in 2020 at less 20%.

I’d put it lower than that.

The first, most obvious thing is that there is no way you can put fans in stands right now. So we’re already starting from a season without live spectators. Would the NFL go ahead? Maybe… But then, as you say, 90 dudes in close proximity in classrooms with coaches who are, by virtue of health and age, a lot more vulnerable than the players. And then all these people go back to their families in the evening. How’s that gonna work out? I guess they could figure out a way to do all their meetings at social distance with masks… Keep coaches at a distance from players… Maybe that part could be worked out, but it would be pretty difficult. But then, how do you practice? You can’t social distance on the practice field. People WILL get sick. I don’t need to have a crystal ball to see this. NFL players are getting sick now… just wait until they get entire teams together.

So, am I predicting the future? I don’t know. I think I’m just looking at all the signs and none of them are going in the right direction. I do believe it could happen if everyone in the country took masks and social distancing seriously, but they won’t, because they’re selfish.

Please wait…

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

CDC is slow to update. Here’s a Jun 13, 2020 hospitalization rate:
      (Cumulative rate per 100,000 population)

0-4 yrs: 7.4 (or 0.007%)
        5-17 yrs: 3.5 (or 0.003%)
        18-29 yrs: 30.0 (or 0.03%)
        30-39 yrs: 56.6 (or 0.05%)
        40-49 yrs: 90.5 (or 0.09%)
        50-64 yrs: 143.0 (or 0.14%)
        65+ yrs: 286.9 (or 0.28%)

If you go to statista and search death rate, they have an update version for June 24, 2020, which is also per 100,000.

NY and NJ have the highest death rates at 161 and 147 per 100,000 population, respectively. To give perpsective, Arizona has 19 per 100k, Florida has 15 per 100k, and California has 14 per 100k.

If you go to worldometers, then you can see the total cases and you can do the math with death rates. What’s surprising is that NY has the most COVID-19 cases and California is the second highest. Yet, the death rates are on opposite extremes.

Oh, just for clarification, Trump has been calling for states to open up (with exceptions for high death rate areas).

It’s odd. A football blog usually revolves around stats, but all I’m seeing are narratives with little to no substance. I’ve cited three different sources. The young are resilient. The New England states don’t know how to reduce COVID-19 deaths. There are a lot of states with very low death rates.

Just keep following social distancing, cleanliness, testing (heat temp test or COVID-19), and quarantining for 14-days once identified as positive for COVID-19. Keep away from old people and protect the old people.

US Population: 328.2 mil (328,200,000)
        Total COVID-19 cases (as per Worldometers): 2,462,708
        Total COVID-19 deaths: 124,282

COVID-19 deaths/COVID-19 cases: 5.04%
        COVID-19 deaths/US Pop: 0.03%

Jus’ sharing.

Please wait…

• kenntak

Participant

Sometimes one can paint the picture too broadly with stats. Florida has about a 3% death rate, but the counties vary. Charlotte County has a death rate of 12.3%, Sarasota has a death rate of 8.7% and Manatee county 6%.

It’s not necessarily that a state does not know how to reduce deaths. Some things depend not on the state itself, but on whether the virus happens to hit more vulnerable people. In some ways it is simply luck. However, whatever the death rate is, less infections mean less deaths no matter what. Unfortunately, quite a few people don’t seem to care.

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

And FL is under reporting on purpose

Please wait…

• Pennywise

Participant

Going the wrong direction,

U.S. breaks record for most COVID-19 cases recorded in a single day, with at least 36,358 new positives reported Wednesday.

Please wait…

• nybuccguy

Participant

I was told this was going to disappear in April “like a miracle”

Please wait…

• Bootz04

Blocked

I can see the future. And the future is telling me that the Hall of Fame game for August 6th has been cancelled as has the Hall of Fame enshrined ceremony.

Oh no, wait. That was Adam Schefter.

Please wait…

Please wait…

Please wait…

• RickDunn28

Participant

Any word from the team or the league?

Please wait…

• Bootz04

Blocked

Any word from the team or the league?

Please wait…

On what?

Please wait…

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

Looking like there will be an NFL season (at this point)- however, the MLB season is a whole 3 days old, and they’ve already seen a concerning development!
      4 Miami Marlins tested positive for CV before Sunday’s game- including their starter (P) for that day.
      Also, if I’m not mistaken, their team & plane is still in Philly.

Something to keep an eye on…

Please wait…

• Wutt

Participant

Looking like there will be an NFL season (at this point)- however, the MLB season is a whole 3 days old, and they’ve already seen a concerning development!
      4 Miami Marlins tested positive for CV before Sunday’s game- including their starter (P) for that day.

Please wait…

Not sure what there is to keep an eye on…4 guys have it seem asymptomatic, and the Marlins players still want to play. They are flying out tomorrow morning.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29542203/marlins-starter-jose-urena-late-scratch-phillies

Please wait…

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

1. They still wanted to play yesterday’s game (last game of roadtrip). Their next 3 weeks are going to be something to watch! Will they have to postpone/forfeit a block of games??

2. They’re flying home later today (arriving just before game time) because they don’t want to infect their families at home. 3 days in, and the CV has ALREADY caused a huge change of plans for an entire team. That’s Very Troubling.

– – – – – –

(Note: I made a post about NFL teams should get together well before the season and intentionally expose themselves to the virus– to AVOID an IN SEASON situation like THIS!)

Please wait…

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

Please wait…

Not sure what there is to keep an eye on…4 guys have it seem asymptomatic, and the Marlins players still want to play. They are flying out tomorrow morning.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29542203/marlins-starter-jose-urena-late-scratch-phillies

Please wait…

Good call! (sarcasm)

2 MLB games cancelled today. The season is 4-5 days old.

This is HORRIBLE NEWS for NBA, NFL too.

Please wait…

• buccaneerNW

Participant

Looking more like I can. Didn’t take anything more than simply paying attention on this one.

Please wait…

• buccaneerNW

Participant

If anyone didn’t fully expect this, they have not been paying any attention. (mind probably fogged with right-wing trumpcult conspiracy media)

Please wait…

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

Talk to bucswifi3, dick.

breath

Please wait…

• buccaneerNW

Participant

Talk to bucswifi3, P.
      nis breath

P. nis breath? Oh man, that’s clever. I remember when I was in 3rd grade.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Florida teams. Anyone surprised?

Please wait…

Please wait…

Good call! (sarcasm)

2 MLB games cancelled today. The season is 4-5 days old.

Please wait…

Please wait…

• buccaneerNW

Participant

Florida teams. Anyone surprised?

Nope. No surprise here.

Please wait…

• buccaneerNW

Participant

I made a post about NFL teams should get together well before the season and intentionally expose themselves to the virus– to AVOID an IN SEASON situation like THIS!

…which kinda makes you a psychopath.

Please wait…

• Wutt

Participant

Training camp is still happening this week, and MLB games are being played as of right now Rays up 12-5 assclown. Just another typical clown on PR you are.

Looking more like I can. Didn’t take anything more than simply paying attention on this one.

Please wait…

Please wait…

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

1. They still wanted to play yesterday’s game (last game of roadtrip). Their next 3 weeks are going to be something to watch! Will they have to postpone/forfeit a block of games??

2. They’re flying home later today (arriving just before game time) because they don’t want to infect their families at home. 3 days in, and the CV has ALREADY caused a huge change of plans for an entire team. That’s Very Troubling.

– – – – – –

(Note: I made a post about NFL teams should get together well before the season and intentionally expose themselves to the virus– to AVOID an IN SEASON situation like THIS!)

Please wait…

MLB season, a whole 8 days old, is teetering in the balance.

Please wait…

• Wutt

Participant

MLB season, a whole 8 days old, is teetering in the balance

Because they aren’t following the rules like they were laid out. Players not wearing masks, players high five each other, no social distancing in the dug out, players are spitting, etc all not allowed under the 113 page covid outlines for mlb. I think after todays warning to the mlbpa that they better get in line or the commissioner will end the season should work. Watching the Rays/Orioles game and there seems to be much more mask wearing, no high fives etc going on.

Please wait…

• MikeAlsottsShoulderPads

Participant

MLB season, a whole 8 days old, is teetering in the balance

Because they aren’t following the rules like they were laid out. Players not wearing masks, players high five each other, no social distancing in the dug out, players are spitting, etc all not allowed under the 113 page covid outlines for mlb. I think after todays warning to the mlbpa that they better get in line or the commissioner will end the season should work. Watching the Rays/Orioles game and there seems to be much more mask wearing, no high fives etc going on.

Please wait…

For the past few months, I’ve thought that people who insisted we weren’t getting sports this year were being just resorting to fear-mongering. I truly, honestly believed there’d be sports in 2020.

Now, though… I’m feeling pessimistic, at with as it pertains to the NFL.

The NBA is in a bubble. They’re probably safe. MLB is not a close-contact sports. I think they can probably squeak by.

Way too much physical contact between players. I mean, the entire point of the game is to touch each other. Lineman engage every play at the line of scrimmage. Defensive players tackle the ballcarrier. Receivers and defensive backs fight for the ball.

Making matters worse, the rosters are way bigger than other sports. Rosters are twice as big as they are in baseball. They’re four times as big as they are in the NBA. Plus, there are way more non-player personnel. This is awful, because all it takes is one person to get it and spread it around.

I hope we get a season this year, and I’m sure they’ll give it every effort – I mean, there’s way too much money to be made. But man, am I bummed out about the prospects of 2020.

Maybe a vaccine will come in and save the day (latest I heard is we could get one by late fall / early winter). We’ll see.

Please wait…

• m_j

Participant

well …looks like season will start at least :-)

noone knows what happens down the road, but there is going to be some football!

anyone to start season prediction thread? guess this is going to be 10-6 at worst :-)

Please wait…

• Runole

Participant

Please wait…

You lost all credibility when you used the word Science. The right word is politics.
      Specifically irrational hatred of Trump. Trump wants them to play hence the desire of the Left to shut it down. In the end Capitalism wins! God Bless America!

Please wait…

• Roy

Participant

Shut your yap, Runole. Some of us are trying to abide by the wishes of PR to give politics a rest. But you have to keep spewing out your political propoganda. I’m tired of your bullshit, believe me. But I’m not going to give you a rebuttal. Its time for football.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Another great “100%” guarantee from the casual plagiarizing dumbass. Got any more, Dionne Warwick, or is your psychic hotline closed for maintenance? Casual plagiarizing dummy. Don’t get it twisted, intellectual property stealing casual.

Please wait…

Please wait…

• Runole

Participant

Shut your yap, Runole. Some of us are trying to abide by the wishes of PR to give politics a rest. But you have to keep spewing out your political propoganda. I’m tired of your bullshit, believe me. But I’m not going to give you a rebuttal. Its time for football.

Please wait…

TRUTH HURTS. TRUMP WANTS FOOTBALL TO BE PLAYED. END OF STORY! YOU?

PLAY BALL!

Please wait…

• MichaelMyersIsABucsFan

Participant

I didn’t think there to be anymore political posts in here?

Please wait…

• Donkey__Hunter

Spectator

Please wait…

Exactly.

It’s the same 2-3 posters that have to find a way to drag politics into it.

Please wait…

• Runole

Participant

Please wait…

Exactly.

Please wait…

Can’t be helped. The players made the choice to make it political.
      PLAY BALL!

Please wait…

• MichaelMyersIsABucsFan

Participant

Please wait…

Exactly.

Please wait…

Can’t be helped. The players made the choice to make it political.
      PLAY BALL!

Please wait…

Just shut up.

Please wait…

• BucHarbour

Participant

This thread sure did age well (excuse me while I pick up my eyeballs and put them back in). Slowly, but surely, more and more is coming to light about the politicization of this bug and what the real situation is. Even the NY Times published an article that shows the positive case rate is so far off that is should be mostly ignored (Times Article). Over amplifying the PCR tests causing small RNA fragments to show up as positive test results…SMH. I mean, 85-90% of positive results could be false? In any case, it’ll be great to see what happens this season. And maybe we can eventually stop fearing this stuff.

Please wait…

• Donkey__Hunter

Spectator

Can’t be helped.

Yeah. It can be.

You can simply show some self control or post it in the appropriate forum.

Please wait…

• Runole

Participant

Can’t be helped.

Yeah. It can be.

You can simply show some self control or post it in the appropriate forum.

Please wait…

Doesn’t work that way. Freedom of speech is allowed for both sides. This is America!

Just play ball!
      Cheer up buttercup.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wonder how dumb can this poster possibly be? Has he been right about anything?

All he does is troll. And plagiarize. Total loser. Fact.

Please wait…

Please wait…

• Biggs3535

Participant

Please wait…

Gotdamn, this peckerhead loves taking it on the chin.

Please wait…

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

It’s safe to say this thread did not age well.

Go Bucs!

Please wait…

• TampaManiac

Participant

I just remembered why this place can be so unlikable.

Please wait…

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

Yeah, cheer up, Donkey Buttercup!

Please wait…

Viewing 64 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.